Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Storychat
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalyssa Summers

Location: RL: NJ, USA | Starving Peasant for Posts in City of IF *Reaches for your Story Hungrily*

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Storychat  

First, love all the mods for putting together such a beautiful site with lots of surprises! I love the innovations. It really allows for all kinds of creativity. Second...okay, so I know this is long time ago (apparently I have a knack for finding old threads)....

I ran across the Storychat thread by Key

I think I get the gist of what it is, however Key's (?) description, linked in the first post of the thread above, of what storychat is has disappeared. I think 'cause it was so old someone decided to delete it.

I'd love an explanation of what storychat was, and what the rules were. Or at least try to get that description post undeleted? LOL

Update: Found this in the Wiki: Storychat ....nice!

I suspect it died because the original people who were regulars got very busy, moved etc, so its tough to find a time. I'm busy too, but it'd be cool to do this again! Anyone interested?
Kalyssa Summers

Location: RL: NJ, USA | Starving Peasant for Posts in City of IF *Reaches for your Story Hungrily*

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject:  

And this, apparently is related, although I think it applies to the whole city:

http://www.cityofif.com/wiki/index.php?title=Idearium

Love it!
Ingrothechundyer

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Storychat  

Kalyssa Summers wrote: I suspect it died because the original people who were regulars got very busy, moved etc, so its tough to find a time. I'm busy too, but it'd be cool to do this again! Anyone interested?

They aren't completely dead. Pope ran one last month (and it was a fun one too :D).

I think at this point they are started on chat though. "Heh look at all these people online! Lets have a storychat..." :P
Kalyssa Summers

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Storychat  

Ingrothechundyer wrote: Kalyssa Summers wrote: I suspect it died because the original people who were regulars got very busy, moved etc, so its tough to find a time. I'm busy too, but it'd be cool to do this again! Anyone interested?

They aren't completely dead. Pope ran one last month (and it was a fun one too :D).

I think at this point they are started on chat though. "Heh look at all these people online! Lets have a storychat..." :P

:cool: Gives me incentive to become an Inn regular then! I'll be your regular barmaid! ;)
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Storychat  

Kalyssa Summers wrote: Ingrothechundyer wrote: Kalyssa Summers wrote: I suspect it died because the original people who were regulars got very busy, moved etc, so its tough to find a time. I'm busy too, but it'd be cool to do this again! Anyone interested?

:cool: Gives me incentive to become an Inn regular then! I'll be your regular barmaid! ;)

I think we might need a competition for that job! :lol: Everyone seems to do it at some point. If we do have an official role though... I actually work in a bar. All I'm saying.
Kalyssa Summers

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Storychat  

The White Blacksmith wrote: Kalyssa Summers wrote: Ingrothechundyer wrote: Kalyssa Summers wrote: I suspect it died because the original people who were regulars got very busy, moved etc, so its tough to find a time. I'm busy too, but it'd be cool to do this again! Anyone interested?

I think we might need a competition for that job! :lol: Everyone seems to do it at some point. If we do have an official role though... I actually work in a bar. All I'm saying.

LOL!

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1