Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Who are your favorite artists?!-- MUSIC
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Hall of Debate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Who are your favorite artists?!-- MUSIC  

I LOVE MUSIC...

Im just thinking, if anyone could give me suggestions on who to listen to. Or a song that you really like.

Note: Try to give me the less popular ones... Like, some artist who you think would be unknown in India. Thanks
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject:  

http://www.porcupinetree.com/

Most people tend to say 'who?' when I mention that this is by far the greatest band in the world. :-D
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject:  

I can see why :P

Never heard of "Porcupine Tree" and never thought I would hear of a band with that name. Any suggestions with their songs?! Some really good ones they've done maybe?!
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject:  

Click on any of the video or audio boxes below the main pic to get a taste of their most awesome music.

The first one, 'Sleep Together' is particularly good. :)
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject:  

Vokay!

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject:  

Thre is no exit button on PorcupineTree
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject:  

Umm, like with all websites, you just close the browser. :?

I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the site.
Shillelagh

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject:  

As far as the more obscure bands go... I've always been a big fan of Tally Hall. They've got some sketch comedy up on YouTube as well as their actual songs, which I find nifty.
Kalyssa Summers

Location: RL: NJ, USA | Starving Peasant for Posts in City of IF *Reaches for your Story Hungrily*

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

Sleeping At Last:

www.sleepingatlast.com
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject:  

My favourite band, without a shadow of a doubt, are Muse. I have no idea how well known they are in India, but almost everyone I've spoken to about them at the Inn don't recognise the name of the band, but do know some of the songs.

Either way, they are awesome! ;)

PS - My fav solo artist is Marina and the Diamonds, who is also seemingly not all that well known outside of the UK, but it might be more of a 'girly' style of music. ;)
Bookwizard

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

I have to wonder quickly, why is this in debate?

To address the topic... I have a wide range of musical interests... they both clash and meld in their own odd ways...

As far as electronic goes I like Orbital, and E.S. Posthumus (Although E.S. is more of a classical/cinematic/electronic mix)

I listen to a lot of '80s (or thereabouts) music: Bon Jovi (close enough), Boston, Electric Lights Orchestra, Journey, Styx, Twisted Sister

As far as the heavier stuff goes I'm a fan of Nightwish, Within Temptation, and Anti-Flag (sort of... I have no idea quite why I listen to them, but I do).

The many other things that I enjoy in no particular order: Flight of the Concords, The Decembrists, Chameleon Circuit (Yes, you heard me, I listen to a band solely devoted to Doctor Who, what are you going to do about it? :cool3:), a ton of soundtracks (Dr. Horrible, American Hitchhikers Guide, Doctor Who, Hans Zimmer stuff), and I suppose a bit of the Killers to...

Well, ummm, yes, that's pretty much it... I would suggest my absolute favorite, but to be honest at different moments ALL of these are my absolute favorites, and I recommend all of them.

Storygames Home -> Hall of Debate
Page 1 of 1