Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

My Minecraft World (3)
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinaren

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: My Minecraft World (3)  

For some time now I've been posting my Minecraft worlds on Tome. I'm currently on my third world, the previous two having died. I thought I'd share some of them on IF too.

Here's some pics of my latest project...

......................................................................................................

Remember that Huge sea picture from the last entry? Well I decided that it would be a good place to build my new Seahaven sanctuary. A safe place away from the nasty beasts of the land.

Thus, for, ahem, a few months I've been busy building it. I reckon I'm about a third done. Here are some pics of the assembly...

Starting off I built a tower on one of the two tiny islands and linked them together...

Another small tower on the other side.

A wall around, a rail link to my mine and the grass is starting to spread.

Some time later and I've decided to build a giant tower that will go down to the bedrock and up above the clouds. Just starting here...

A bit later...

Started to get big, so decided to make a D-Train link around the place...

Then I built a giant roller coaster around the place...

And here's a map overview. You can see how tiny my little haven is, even in the relatively small area I've mapped.

I did a bit of statue making. Not very good...

My house of gold and steel. Very expensive.

This is the view to the left of the ones above.

And I've not even shown you my long road or huge mine pit.

Minecraft. Massive time waster!!

More here.
Smee

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject:  

*chuckles*

Some nice designs there!

I think you ruined things with your roller-coaster a bit. I'm a sucker for the skyline and floating cobblestone pathways really irritate me.

I like to build houses utilising different building materials. Have you played with sandstone yet. Really quite nice when blended with either planks/logs or stone (not cobblestone!)

Cunning use of fence posts can make some really quite nice balcony supports for a stylish lake house too.

White wool/Glass makes for a nice igloo look as well.

Have fun :lol:
Chinaren

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject:  

Aye, I've built a few things from other stuff, though I don't like building things from stuff that burns, as I tend to get a 'burny' feeling sometimes. :shock:

As for the view, good point, though I can always look 'outwards' from my island for scenery. It's amazing how amazing some of it is!

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject:  

That's a very good map I must add. I think the huge lego man actaully ruins the nice scenery... :D
plus what is this minecraft thing all about?
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject:  

Yooooooooooou keep tempting me to play a game that will soak up even MORE of my time!!!

Looks like you've been having fun there C'ren! A guy that mods on my CivIV modding team has done some Minecraft mods and its ironic that just yesterday I really took notice of his sig and made the connection that he was talking about the same game you've been playing here... lol. I can find out more about his mods on that if you like. (at least throw you a link or two...)
Emperor

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject:  

how much is minecraft anyways?
Smee

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject:  

About $15 or so to buy as a one-off. Then free.

If you want to play with other people (you all inhabit the same world) then you need an online server to play on. They cost about $10 a month ish, but you can always find someone else's server to play on which could be free (although they tend to offer 'premium membership' which comes with perks if you donate toward the cost of the server).

I have a minecraft server, but in my current homeless state can't play :(
Hak

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject:  

Oh my, China. You have way too much time on your hands to make all that. XD
It's lovely, and I like the statue. <3

I am rather new to minecraft, but I understand how much time goes into it, so good on you! maybe someday we can have an Ifian server.

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1