Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

PETITION! RESTORE TALES OF IF BOARD TO FANTASY FOREST!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilith

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: PETITION! RESTORE TALES OF IF BOARD TO FANTASY FOREST!  

Good evening fellow IFians, or good morning to many of you.

I was searching for the Tales of IF board to post a new SG that I'm co-oping with another IFian and I found that it wasn't where I thought it had been left. I kept looking and I was amazed and mightily shocked to find that it'd been thrown into a section called Innovation Isle.

I am humbly requesting a public vote to take to the administration to return the Tales of IF board back to it's rightful place in Fantasy Forest, as those tales are pretty much a Fantasy genre in the first place.

Thank-you in advance!

Lily
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject:  

Well... I don't mind where it sits to be honest, as long as we're told where it's been moved to! But it is more of a fantasy thing, I feel, so I'll put my vote in to restore it to Fantasy Forest. :)
Amichan

Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject:  

I have to agree that tales of IF is fantasy based and will get my vote
Thunderbird

Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject:  

I don't mind moving it back but it seems to me IF is not a fantasy based place overall. Rather, it is a place where all genre's collide, therefore, should tales of the city not be located in the region that represents generic and experimental fiction (especially as IF is nothing if not a huge experiment itself...)?

I thought that so self evident that it needed no discussion. I apologize for making such an assumption. If the city wishes to be hedged back into fantasy as its presumptive 'most central' genre, I'll be glad to move it back.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject:  

I agree that the City itself is not a fantasy based place and can be described as something more experimental. However, the actual tales themselves are more fantasy than anything else. :)
Cyberworm

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject:  

There could be a compromise though. There could be a link to the same ToIF thread in every section, not just FF. It may be physically in the FF, or even where it is now, but we would all have a direct link to it.

2 cents. ;)
Thunderbird

Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject:  

Really can't be done... I'll just move it back since we have a unanimous vote from 5 members already... stunning to think we only see IF as a place for fantasy...
Cyberworm

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject:  

I think it's actually more of a habit to go to FF to seek the ToIF, I actually voted yes because of that habit. I wouldn't mind changing the habit, but oh well.

We shall see. :)
Thunderbird

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject:  

That's a very interesting insight there Cy. Thanks for mentioning that it was a matter of habit. I wonder how many on that poll below would agree.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject:  

Yes and no... Yes its habit to look for it in FF, but no, the actual substance of the tales are largely Fantasy, in the same way that Star Wars is a Fantasy.
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject:  

Can you add an option saying.. "IDC, but lets be active there"? :P
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject:  

when I think of the word "Tale" my mind automatically goes to a warm, cozy, slightly primitive setting either by a camp fire while on some adventure or in a medieval tavern. maybe that's just me, but that's why ((along with the fact that the "tales" here are all fantasy based)) I think this thread belongs in FF.

perhaps as a way of satisfying TBird's complaint, we could do a section like this one in each genre. ex: "Ghost stories of If" in Creepy Cave and "Great Loves of If" in Lovers' Court? just a thought.
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject:  

I actually really quite like that idea, Andi! Especially the Ghost Stories of IF! ;)
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject:  

"Great Loves of If" would be a nice place to start a fictional romance between 2 IFians... if none of em mind, ofcourse ;)
Cyberworm

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject:  

Best idea so far. Though it doesn't promote separateness per se. It's more like an IF section of every genre. That way it wouldn't be exclusive to any genre.

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1