Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

What do you think about . . . ?
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HalfEmptyHero

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: What do you think about . . . ?  

I just thought of this new concept for SGs, where the reader needs to either know something about a subject or be willing to learn about it in order to participate. This seems like it could be a good way to teach a group of people about a subject while incorporating writing and storygaming into it. All it needs is an author who is knowledgeable about a subject and an audience who wants to learn about it.

I am quite tech savy; if you google HalfEmptyHero (all one word) you will find my name on many computer (mostly Linux) related websites. I was thinking about starting up a storygame that would teach folks more about computers, specifically using Linux, but this would only work if people are interested in learning. So, anyone interested?
Thunderbird

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject:  

As long as you were instructive enough with what you post that I can follow it and learn FROM it, I'd be happy to follow along and would even be rather interested I think. If you were there to answer questions, you could fill in the unforseen gaps in knowledge that way I suppose.

I know HM doesn't require you know Sumerian mythology nor the Old Testament... but it sure doesn't hurt the reader to understand it better if you do ;)
Emperor

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject:  

Really interesting idea HEH. A good way to be inclusive and instructive. Good luck with it.

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1