Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Whatever happened to...
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reiso

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Whatever happened to...  

...some old regs? I've been out of it forever, new Storygame or no, and there are a handful of people I remember from the "old days" that I miss seeing around. Not that those who are still very present and some new faces to me haven't been great, mind you! I just feel kinda like a stranger here again without them.

In any case, I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to some of them, if or when they'll return, or if, like me, they just sort of dropped off the face of the planet without notice to anyone. Of course, any good gossip about people not mentioned on my list would at least be entertaining. :D

So what ever happened to:

Ravenwing
Mordock
Random
... and Saxon, I think.

Inquiring minds want to know.
Chinaren

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject:  

Gosh, Mordock and Random were barely around when I joined, so they are real oldies!

Ravenwing and Saxon both faded away a couple of years ago, if memory serves, though Ravenwing did pop back very briefly once.
Gallant

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject:  

I was around when Saxon was, but that was an age ago. This isn't my first profile on IF, I just ditched the old one because people didn't really get on with me. I was immature and too energetic, even for people on IF. :D

People change, reputations don't.
Phang

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject:  

Welp, ya learn somethin' new everyday.
Reiso

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm, thanks for the replies guys... yeah, to be fair, Random and Mordok weren't around much even when they were around, but I think Mordok wrote the first Horror story here--is that right? And there was always Pirates, Vamps and Ninjas by Random. They did good stuff.

Gallant--the plot thickens. Anyone I knew? You can always PM me if you don't want it getting out, I can keep my mouth shut. :censored:
Gallant

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject:  

You probably knew me Reiso, I certainly remember your name, didn't talk to you much. I hung about the Inn lots, still do.
The White Blacksmith

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Well, I want to know. I'm sure I was annoying enough when I joined. Now I am infinitely older and wiser I've still got the same account, but I probably knew you back then. It can't be too bad.

Unless you were weaver. Were you weaver?

And Rei, I think I started a thread like this ages ago. 'RIP Ifians' or something. We worked out who was active and who wasn't, but most people we could never figure out a why for.
Lebrenth

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Warcrack  

There was a large emigration to World of Warcraft about midway into my heyday. I would think Smee would be the best one to ask about that since, if I remember correctly, he is a WoW survivor.

It would be better to imagine some great epic story of comrads parted by the wily hands of Fate than to admit that at some point, people kinda just drift off.
Smee

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject:  

Is this a potential Lebby drift back? *gets hopes up!*

If so, I think we're on the verge of the biggest come back ever, giving the quantity of great oldies suddenly reappearing.
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject:  

Yay Lebby!

I remember reading something of yours before, but it's been too long now.

Guess I'll have to trawl through the forums some time in term break. :P
Reiso

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject:  

Smee wrote: Is this a potential Lebby drift back? *gets hopes up!*

If so, I think we're on the verge of the biggest come back ever, giving the quantity of great oldies suddenly reappearing.

Yeah, oldschool! Makes you want to pump your fist and cheer: Oldschool! Oldschool! OldSchool!

Man... now I'm tired.

(wha, whaa, whaaaaaa)

-Way too old for age Dept.
Kalanna Rai

Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject:  

*chuckles*

Listening to the lot of you makes this dragon feel young again. Not many of the 'old guard' left. Most of the real heavy hitters that were around when I joined have vanished although the sudden return of Smee and the glimpses of Flauna have me heartened.

*grins like a kid in a candystore*
MordoksGhost

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Here  

Although I am fully alive and still kicking, I cannot log in as Mordok anymore. But I still lurk.

And I will haunt the person who banished me.
Lebrenth

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject:  

Always kind of amusing when an ancient post gets reactivated. This one has been dormant for 5 years. Makes me wonder who it woke up, if only for a moment. I'm sure there's a bunch of people who just wander in and out from time to time, just to see what's going on. If Key got a dollar every time it happened, I imagine he'd be considering what island to buy for his mansion.
Emperor

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject:  

Mordok!!!!!
Hoooray!!!!!!
Reiso would have been so happy to see your post!

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1