Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

A Wrinkle In Time.
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logan Ethan Kane

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: A Wrinkle In Time.  

Description :

You are part of a group of people who have been abducted by the government, and placed in a large windowless room with one imposing steel door.

In the center of this room is a kind of vest placed on a pedestal. None of you know what to make of it so you leave it alone.

You are given plenty of water, and food that could be considered gourmet, but day after day you are still trapped in this metal box. You fear sooner or later you will go insane.

After what you assume is two weeks, you hear a noise at the single door leading outside the room. Then you see the telltale sparks of welding. You are being sealed into this place....

The next day a voice comes from the ceiling speakers which you just now notice. And it say's. "The Vest Is Your Key To Freedom. Learn what it is or die in this room. You will only be fed for two more days."

Everyone scrambles to the vest to find that inside is a small dial with a digital screen above it. The vest itself is quite heavy, and you assume it is because there are computer components of some kind inside it.

Someone says "What is it?" and another who had introduced himself as Logan Kane says "I dunno but I am putting it on." He flings it around his shoulders and places his arms through the sleeveless sleeves.

You all are afraid that you will lose out on getting freed and just then Logan turns the dial. It reads 2040, and a woman's computerized voice repeats the numbers. "You have chosen twenty-forty. Please standby."

You are confused.....and then the voice returns. "Commencing in 3....2....1.." and suddenly Logan is gone. No flash of light, no boom, just POOF.

You are now almost at the edge of despair. Is he the lucky one? Will we all die in this pla.....

You are cut short by the sudden re-appearance of Logan. He is out of breath. Huffing and puffing he says"Damn they were trying to kill me!"

He opened the vest and pointed at a red button marked -Recall-. "I'm lucky I pressed this button when I did.......and.......I think I was in the future...."

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject:  

Very nice! love the short introduction, is this like Archer? Just let us know when to vote.
Logan Ethan Kane

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject:  

Well I don't know what Archer is, but I guarantee it will be fun.

Also I am new here so how do I add a poll? LOL

Logan Kane

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject:  

Hi, go to your original post the first one, and then edit the poll option make sure you enter text, leave it on 0 for an endless poll or put up a few days there. I'd like to add that if you entered the text this is vacation time for some still so give it some time.
Thunderbird

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

Yep... looks interesting! I'll take a deeper look at everything later this week.
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject:  

Looks very interesting but a little more description and narration would help me :)

Anyway, Welcome to IF, Logan!
kc9cra

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject:  

Welcome to If. The game does look interesting. It's good the way it is, but it could be better if the characters had lives, likes, dislikes, fears, possibly bonds and anamosity, stuff that happens when people are stuck in a box for a couple weeks. This is of course if you want to make your posts longer.
Logan Ethan Kane

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject:  

kc9cra wrote: Welcome to If. The game does look interesting. It's good the way it is, but it could be better if the characters had lives, likes, dislikes, fears, possibly bonds and anamosity, stuff that happens when people are stuck in a box for a couple weeks. This is of course if you want to make your posts longer.

I realize it could be longer but I left it like that on purpose. You are part of the group if you decide to join, and I did not want to give away too much info.

Everything will come out during the story. If you like I can sim/write what Logan experiences when he disappears?

Also there are two options. We could play it as free form, and if that option is chosen, I will create a set of posting guidelines, or we could go the whole character sheet, die rolling route. That's up to you guys/girls.

Thoughts?

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject:  

Yep that's what thought what you were going to do. My brother did the same as you when he first started out here, he didn't get past writing the first chapter because I asked to remove his account, but save it... I did talk to solus about it to reopen his account, but she didn't know anything I was talking about... So lets hope to see the rest flow onto paper.
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Welcome!
This looks really interesting! Very different from most other writings here. More like a roleplay than a story game. I have to say, I'm intrigued! What my friend Kc9cra was saying about adding length is a rule of thumb for the story games. You write a chapter, we suggest what happens next, you set up a poll from the suggestions, and we vote. Then you write the next part of the story based on the outcome of the votes. =) I was actually looking for a roleplay forum when I stumbled into the city...and turns out, it's made a great home for me since then. I hope you find the same here. If there's anything we can do to help you do that, just let us know! In the mean time...lets have fun with this story here, shall we?
Logan Ethan Kane

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: I See, I guess I should have paid more attention.  

I guess I will get to work on a chapter then.

Keep your eyes pealed.

And for those of you who want to play it like a roleplaying game, just let me know. I can do both versions.

Thanks
Logan
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject:  

i'd still very much like to play. =) there's a link at the top of your page to "Roleplayers Den". that would be a good place to continue the roleplay.
Logan Ethan Kane

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: A Wrinkle In Time.  

Ok I set up an intro in the Den. Is it the same setup?

Logan.
Andolyn

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject:  

Looks perfect, my dear Sir! =) looking forward to playing!
Logan Ethan Kane

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

Thank You. I suppose we can play here but II had set up a forum on my server just for this game. No worries though.

I will be posting a basic Character Bio for whoever wants to play the RP version, and a little more info soon.

Logan
Logan Ethan Kane

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject:  

Andolyn wrote: i'd still very much like to play. =) there's a link at the top of your page to "Roleplayers Den". that would be a good place to continue the roleplay.

The game has started in the "Role-players Den" we have two people so far. Come and join us.

Logan

Storygames Home -> The Vault
Page 1 of 1