Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter 17 - Finding the anwsers
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idea master

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Chapter 17 - Finding the anwsers  

What has happened before...
You, Thadius LaFontania, were headed towards the temple of Wizards with your father, when you stumbled into a sort of mist. You woke up in a kind woman's home where she took care of you and explained the nature of the fusers, another type of human. After a short rest to rebuild your energy, she took you to the leader, who conseted to lower their sheild breifly so you might search for your father within it. They affixed a rope around your waist and pointed you in the right direction...
How long have you been walking through the mist?
An hour?
A day?
Time vanished, for the sun does not shine nor the night darken this place of limbo.
You have found no trace of your father yet. No trace of anyone, or for that matter, anything.
Wait!
Footprints.
Similar to your father's.
You search the earth near you to see if they are your prints in a circle. The prints do not run near you.
You can feel his presence now...his magic is flaring up...he's fighting something!
You run hurridly towards the signal of magic.
Wait...it's dying down...
You run faster.
There!
A humanoid!
Cloaked in your father's robes...it's him.
Nearby, you see a huge dragon dying slowly...a poison spell must have felled it.
The robes are fine, they have an enchantment against burning...the charred hand underneath is not so fine.
You rush to his aid, and see two long slender objects pointed at you under his robes, the tips just sticking out.
You stiffen as your left hand smacks your side. The Wands of Light and Darkness! He stole them from you!
"Don't...move stranger. I might be weak...but not defeated."
He does not know you for you. You hide your magic underneath your vampiric part and run behind him, so as he won't get to see you.
"Like those two sticks are going to stop me?" You take care to disguise your voice while snatching the wands back.
"No....what do you want of me?"
You think quickly. "Information. I want anwsers to my questions."
"Very well. Begin."
"What did you plan to do with these sticks?" You wave them about casually.
"Sticks? Those are the most powerful wands ever. I intended to travel with my son until we reached the temple where they belonged, pass his test, then destroy him with them."
You stiffen and put a new note of anger in your voice. "Destroy your son? Why?"
"My name is Ratheir. In the old tounge, it means 'Evil.' His mother was Elshinger, or 'Good.' The fact that we met and had a son was distasteful to me, so I saw to it that she suffered an accident. I wanted them both to go, but was unlucky. Then he tried to rid himself of me, but you can't kill a wizard by flinging it off a ship! I wound up in the city of Fae, a horrid accident. I wanted to save my last trip for when I would go there to complete my son's destiny..."
"Who is your son?"
"Thadius, or 'Balence.' He is the one that can end once and for all the struggle between good and evil...every good and evil thought, deed, action is weighed on the scales of the Ultimate god. He will end up there one day and he will have to choose...I wish him to not choose so that wizards my continue their reign of evil!"
You feel a tug on your rope. The sheild is closing in a few minutes. There is hardly any hope for your father. "Fare thee well, wizard. I will be keeping these."
As you make your way back to sunshine, you think about what your father said. Was it just the ravings of a madman? Or could they actually be...true?

Sorry I've been away so long guys. I've been busy lately. I got the general plan worked out though, so maybe this won't happen again.
D-Lotus

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject:  

well...short chapter, but deep....

I guess you could have described his flight through the forest better, but it was enough.

Well, off to the temple we should go!
Ravenwing

Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject:  

Interesting. Despite its brevity, it definitely revealed a lot about Thadius's past and reason for his quest. Great job idea master. 8)
A writer

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject:  

wow, thats deep man. Wounder if he will kill his father?
A writer

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject:  

...I wish him to not choose so that wizards my continue their reign of evil!"
You feel a tug on your rope. The sheild is closing in a few minutes.

um, didnt really get that part
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject:  

me neither....so what to do?
Mordok

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, I'm following this, but it seems to never have a decision point.

Go evil. :twisted:
Chess Lion

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject:  

MEH MEH MEH MEH SPOONS
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject:  

Although there is not much a decision point, it still implies whether or not Thadius will kill his own father. Just came back from a Star Wars movie marathon, just the original trilogy, and so this all reminds me of that. Obviously I have a lot of catching up to do. 8)

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1