Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

The scholar, tale of
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cremuex Levier

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: The scholar, tale of  

A gentle woman’s hand placed a thick A4 book carefully on the shelf of the book case and pushed the book to lean against the others in the row. The woman turned around to look at her new residence. She was standing along with her bookcases and shelves of writings in a moderately sized room, it wasn’t a large room but nor was it too small to move around in with the two person table or the high backed chairs placed around it.

The twenty four year old woman stood next to the desk where she had left her books for sorting. She wasn’t overly attractive, nor did she wear anything too special. By all means she appeared normal. Her hair was blonde and wavy, reaching to the bottom of her shoulder blades. Her blue eyes were framed with black glasses.

Some people in the city of IF had special powers or skills, the only skills she had she had learnt from her master and sire, Jaakal. She had learnt a small portion of necromancy from him and a large amount tarot too- but that wasn’t what she was truly interested in, which was why she moved to the city of IF from the citadel’s spires. Now she could learn and study in a new land with new skills.

Anyone who had lived in the city of IF, or more accurately anyone who had gone to the city’s academy, could tell you that the house she had moved into was the grounds keeper’s house from olden days. The building was made from stones that weren’t cut and were dug from either the quarry or moved from the mountains. For a stone house it was a rather warm place in the winter- it had insulation built into it made from hay, an extra product from the farming areas. The woman didn’t know anything about the history of the house, not that it would have mattered, it was the only affordable place she could find close to the academy.

The house had enough rooms in it for her and a room for each of her subjects that she was studying at the academy. She hoped that she could get her doctorate this year or maybe next year if that didn’t work out. ((I’m not sure if the academy lessons will be up any time soon so I’ll be posting things into threads when I have enough to buy a place in the city of IF))

The door to the house was open, along with all of the windows, allowing the place to air as it was stuffy and dusty from not being lived in for so long. Boxes of various size and marked as various things were against several walls. There was nothing outside for her transport, the moving van had left and she had no car.

---

I have a question- is this meant to be a story game like other sections? I've seen one done as a role play so I wasn't quite sure what is and is not allowed in this subforum.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject:  

Intriguing prologue... not much being given away here... looking forwrad to seeing more.

In answer to your question, this is just a subforum where tales specifically about IF go. It was set up aeons ago to keep all the IF-style tales in one place, regardless of genre.

They are generally Storygames, but as you can see not all of them are. It got shoved in the Fantasy Forest category because at the time, the majority of IF tales were Fantasy. But that doesn't mean they have to be. :)
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject:  

Finally... Its been some time since we've had an IF tale :P

Nice prologue, Cre! Now Im waiting for this story to move on, even though not many details were given.

Anyway, I think Crunchy has pretty much answered your question. It IS generally an SG, not a RP.. but If you do want to play an RP with this, you can just post it in the RP section, I guess..
Lilith

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject:  

Nice description and attention to detail here, Cre! And yes, normally IF Tales are considered StoryGames, no matter what the genre. CrunchyFrog set up a different SORT of SG before with her IF Tale, The Hangover. But it was not intended to be a RP. In fact, she stressed this point when she began a sequel to that fantastic story.

Storygames Home -> The Vault
Page 1 of 1