Activity ideas
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Mayoral Election May 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sagittaeri

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Activity ideas  

Hi potential mayors!

Three questions:

1) Would you encourage activity in the Inn, as mayor? If yes, then what steps would you take? I believe the Inn is an excellent way to encourage SG activity. After chatting with the members I can't help but be even more excited about reading and writing SGs!

2) I believe having new members is important as they replace the ones that drifted away, and sustains the activity in a site. Thus, I believe we should be proactive in "recruiting" new members. Some ideas may include advertising in social media (Facebook, etc), book clubs, online authors organisations, etc. As mayor, will we have a recruitment drive, and to what extent?

3) While in the Inn, Kalanna painted me a picture of what it was like with all the awesome actives in the site. Any ideas on how to get them back?
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject:  

Definitely! As you're aware from our conversations at that very bar, I think highly of the good ol' Inn. It's a great, relaxed environment where the authors can get to know one another on a personal level. Generally speaking, we're more willing to be loyal to the stories of those that they have relationships with. ((Look at me & Biz. XD))

Me, you and Rai just had a LOOOOONG discussion in the Inn about this one, so it's going to take me awhile to compile all those thoughts into a concrete answer for you...but i'll try...later. lol

Again...we just discussed it in the Inn...i'll get back to you. XD
sagittaeri

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject:  

Take your time. It was great, discussing out all ideas in the Inn with Kalanna and you. Looking forward to hearing which ideas you want to take on. :D
misterbiz

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject:  

1. Hells yes. I believe the Inn is an excellent source of camaraderie which in turn can help inspiration. Sometimes, a good conversation about bullshit is good for the mind. And as for getting people in there, I really don't know, maybe a lengthy post asking people to utilize it.

2. We will have a recruitment drive. How and to what extent will be decided by the council at a later date. I plan on using the power of democracy quite a bit.

3. Um....later date. Yes...later date.

Storygames Home -> Mayoral Election May 2012
Page 1 of 1