Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

IFQ Issue #42 - 2 Month Special
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: IFQ Issue #42 - 2 Month Special  

Bringing you the News The Old fashioned Way

City Election Running Hard
It seems it's time once again for the Mayoral election. With running mates that couldn't be any more different, what direction will the City be heading after this high strung event?

A Voting Time Reflection

Story by PopeAlessandrosXVIII

Passing from the debate down into the nitty gritty voting portion of this election. Soon IFians will bring into office this city's next Mayor. The questions were hard, but the candidates plowed their way through and made their policies and ideas for the future well known. As we all lay down our votes, let us take another look at several questions posed to out candidates, and their responses.

Q: Is it time to rethink the mayoral role? Does IF need or even want a Mayor these days? – Chinaren

A:

Mister Biz - The mayor is a goddamn necessity. As people pointed out, disputes happen and there needs to be that one power to be end the dispute, no matter what the issue seems to be. As also mentioned, the BBS predicament would have been a hell of a lot messier without a mayor there to get rid of her.

Andolyn - I'd say we definitely need a mayor. Unless Key wishes to host all contests, settle all disputes ((mind you, election time is NOT the only time they pop up)) and generally be the go-to for EVERYTHING, then yes. A mayor is necessary. The difference is, we need a mayor who is involved and passionate about the city. There is A LOT to do around here, but if the city isn't made a priority, it's easy to let such duties fall through the cracks. No matter how small or large we get we'll need a leader.

Q: Can you COMMIT to IF enough to fulfill the requirements in my post above for the next SIX months and AFTER, to BREAK the cycle of the Curse of Mayorship? – Lilith

A:

Mister Biz - I want to say yes...but I can't mainly because as the next three months whittle away I will be getting busier and busier as my wedding approaches. However, after my wedding I would be totally and fully committed. And in the next three I would simply be able to do my best to split my time between here and the outside world.

Andolyn - I know I can...looking back, the only times when I wasn't commenting on If regularly was when I had the miscarriage and when I was in the hospital...both of which we're going to hope don't happen again any time soon. ;) Even then, though, as you said in your first post, I was still popping in to check the new posts and such.

Q: How much more active have you become? It's campaign season, after all. How many new stories have you read and/or caught up with? How many are you starting to catch up to? How many threads are you posting in? How many discussions have you had in the Inn? If you're not becoming more active... why not? Surely you're not waiting for the title before you act? – Shillelagh

A:

Mister Biz - I am on this site every damn day. I may not do anything some days but I show up. I have sat in the empty Inn on several occasions. So I am pretty active and as Andolyn pointed out. Why do it just for election season? It's akin to someone who doesn't associate with their mother suddenly talking to her and showing appreciation just cause its Mother's Day. In reality, it cheapens the act. I will casually step up my reading and commenting and catching up.

Andolyn - I like to think I'm already a pretty active member of the community. Exact numbers for all those? Well I'll have to get back to you on that. Haha! I'm certainly not active in every SG...something that I'll be working on, but I am loyal as a whole to the site's activity. As for stepping things up during election season...why? Would I be fooling any of you if I were to suddenly go from a ghost in the City to having my name on every post when you sign in? No. You'd see right through it. I'll slowly build up my commenting so that it becomes a lifestyle for me instead of just an election ploy.

Q: Are you generally a hands-on or hands-off person? Do you prefer to be heavily involved in everything that goes on or do you delegate? – Crunchyfrog

A:

Mister Biz - I'm a mixture of hands-on and hand-s off. Depends on the matter and the situation.

Andolyn - Well, it depends, really. I tend to be hands on, but if the situation calls for it, I will delegate to get the job done more efficiently.

Q: 1) How are you going to hold the IFys? Are you going to hold them? How will you move forward with the last mayor started?

2) What'll be your main focus on improving activity on the site (this crops up every election, and no one keeps up their promises)? Are you going to try to get new active members to the site? Or are you going to try to get more out of what we have, because out of the 750 odd members we have, hardly 10 are active. (That's a staggering 1.3 %)

I'll also be posting Vikas's question.

1) How are you going to deal with the Forum Mods?! Do you think that they are necessary, or that they can be removed with no real hindrance to the site? – Vishal & Vikas Muralidharan

A:

Mister Biz -
1. IFy's will be one of my top priorities as well. Not number one, but definitely in the top five.

2. There was Pope's advertising idea, other than that it really is up to others. As has been pointed out a couple times. You can't force people to write and you can't really force them to come on the site. Sometimes, the real world is an unrelenting bitch and takes people away from this place...sometimes from their craft entirely. I used to be very Active on another site: Tome City but writer's block hit hard...and I came here...and just haven't been back yet. As my old theater director said, shit happens.

3. I plan on keeping most if not all of the forum mods. Probably all if all of them are active citizens and have actually done something besides log-in in the last month.

Andolyn -
1. I do very much plan to carry out the IFys. That will be the first action on my agenda if I'm elected.

2. I plan to pm all members of If, possibly email them, inviting them back to the City. There was a plan in the works for this some time back and I plan to carry on with that. I will need your help, though. It feels like I've said this 1000 times, but Activity breeds Activity. Those who want the City to be active need to be reading and commenting. Otherwise, how are we supposed to encourage others to be active when they arrive?

3. For Vikas's question, I've already skimmed the top of this question in Lil's thread when I said I would be slimming down the City's layout a bit. With fewer forums, there will be fewer mods. Those mods will be governors of their own realms reporting to the mayor when any large issues arise. We can always flesh the site out a bit as necessity dictates.

Well well, with both candidates seeming to be almost on the same page with each issue, how will IFians decide on our next Mayor? What will be the deciding factor? Will we move into the light with the Sunshine Princess Andolyn? Or will spread our shadows forth with the Master of Darkness Misterbiz? Choose wisely fellow IFians, and may the best being win!

Interview From The Darkside

Wandering through the dark pathways in the Creepy Cave, Stein managed to track down one of the Mayoral Candidates. After a near miss with a couple vampires he at last managed to secure this interview with misterbiz.

Stein: Good evening Master Biz. How are you tonight?

Mister Biz: Ah, Stein. You have managed to find me in a good humor. I am quite well at the moment.

Stein: Good to hear. Thank you again for agreeing to the interview. Rover, you ready?

Mister Biz: Fire away.

Rover: Wuff *Turns to face the two humans, ears clicking into place*

Stein: Good. Now, Master Biz, running for Mayor once again? How is that going thus far do you think?

Mister Biz:I would like to think it is going quite well. Then again I am nothing if not an optimist. Wait, I'm not an optimist. But I still hope it is going good.

Stein: I see. If you are elected, do you see that interfering with your storygames?

Mister Biz: No. My stories are like my children. Being a mayor would be a job. Only monsters and idiots put the job first.

Stein: Indeed. What changes do you plan on making if you are elected?

Mister Biz: Cutting out the dark forums, cutting down the council, bringing back the IFy's

Stein: Is that so? Do you have anything you'd like to say to your running mate?

Mister Biz: Good Luck.

Stein: Mmmm hmmm. Could you tell us a little about why you decided to run again?

Mister Biz: Because I lost the last election and was disappointed in how things were run last term. V disappeared and left a lot of unanswered promises. Plus, it takes at least three landslide losses to make The Master of Darkness say I Quit.

Stein: Interesting. Well, thank you once again. *Bows* I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

Mister Biz: You are very welcome. Now get the hell out.

Stein: Alrighty, come Rover! *Turns and stalks off down a darkened pathway*

Rover: Wuff *Plods after, clicking with each step*

A Lightside Interview

Traveling through the sunny field on the outskirts of the Fantasy Forest, Stein managed to track down the other Mayoral Candidate. With a unicorn drinking from a clear pool nearby, Stein conducted his interview with Candidate Andolyn in the peaceful glade.

Stein: Good day Lady Andolyn. How are you today?

I am just fantastic, Master Stein...How are you this lovely day?

Stein: Good to hear. I'm doing well. Thank you for agreeing to the interview. Rover, you ready?

Rover: Wuff *Turns to face the two humans. Whirs and clicks can be heard from it's head before ears snap into place*

Stein: Good. Now, Lady Andolyn, running for Mayor? How is that going thus far do you think?

Well, I guess it's going alright. Haha! Not much to report there, just getting showered with Q&A...The norm for this type of thing. Haha!

Stein: I see. If you are elected, do you see that interfering with your storygames?

Oh, absolutely not. As mayoress, it would only increase my activity, I believe as I will need to stay on top of the realm as a whole in case trouble should arise. I've kept my games going despite being Deputy Mayor thus far, so I don't see stepping up a bit interfering at all.

Stein: Indeed. What changes do you plan on making if you are elected?

Well, do you have a moment? That's going to take a while to answer. Haha! The most notable change will probably be the streamlining of the City's forums. At our current population, we simply don't have the activity to merit so many different forums. Most of them are lying dormant at the moment. I plan to cut down the lesser used ones, and we can always put them back when the City's activity is back up to par.

There has been discussion of working with those on the site who are more tech savvy than myself and giving the City a much needed facelift as well. Updating the formats & technical sides of things will attract new members as well.

The council will be tightening its belt as well. I plan to have only 5 or so council members. This will once again streamline the administration side of the City so that instead of going round and round in discussion for months, we can actually get things done. As it stands now, trying to take action on anything is like trying to pass something through congress! Haha!

Stein: Is that so? Do you have anything you'd like to say to your running mate?

To Bizzy? Well...I'd like to say that you're one of my best friends here on the site, and I love you to pieces. If you win, you'll still have my full support, and if you see any of my ideas you want to implement, I'll be right by your side to help make those plans reality.

Stein: Mmmm hmmm. Could you tell us a little about why you decided to run?

Well, I've had so many big ideas for what would benefit the City for a long time now. Running will give me a chance to make those dreams for the City a reality.

Stein: Interesting. Well, thank you once again. *Bows* I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

You're so welcome! Thank you for stopping by!

Stein: Alrighty, come Rover! *Stands and makes his way out of the glade, patting the unicorn as he passes*

Rover: Wuff *Lowers ears and trundles off after Stein*

If Only Wordfind

The wordfind has slowly been loseing people's interest, so I'm going to set up a poll this month here to see if IFians want me to continue making them. No winners from last month.

Linear Lane Looky Loo
Story by Mister Biz

No Activity but check out these dandy tales today:

Mr. Biz's Deleted Scenes by Mister Biz
Chronicles of Lanthosby Lilith
Blood Moon by Undead Cowboy

Come support the muse in Linear Lane today!

Eden's Call – Lilith – 8
Fading Immortality – misterbiz & Andolyn – 5
The Children of Leyond – Kalanna Rai – 5
Escaping Eternia – misterbiz – 4
The Other Side – Tikanni Corazon – 4

Coming in first place once again is the one and only Eden's Call from the fair hand of Lilith, our resident fairy. Jumping up two places into second place this month is Fading Immortality by the dynamic duo Andoyln the Sunshine Princess, and misterbiz, Master of Darkness. Dropping down a space into third place, but still holding it's own, is Kalanna Rai's fantasy masterpiece The Children of Leyond. In forth place, returning once again to the top five after a short absence, is Escaping Eterniawritten by the dark lord misterbiz. And lastly, in fifth place, we find Tikanni Corazon's newest creation making it's debut on the top five, The Other Side starts out life strong!

Top 5 Peek

Eden's Call by Lilith – I find this suspenseful and mysterious story quite engaging. A classic tale of an otherwise normal set of people thrown into a world of mysticism and murder they are nowhere near prepared for. The characters are easy to relate to, and the descriptiveness is vivid and stimulating.

Fading Immortality by misterbiz & Andolyn – Having two authors has given this tale an interesting feel. The two work together so well one would be hard pressed to guess who writes each chapter. The best traits of each's writing seems to shine through, as well as having the unique feel of a tale told through two sets of eyes, or better yet, from two hearts.

The Children of Leyond by Kalanna Rai – This piece of fine fantasy is filled with a nice collection of twists and turns that leave the reader guessing. With relative time skips between each chapter one would assume there'd be a disjointed feeling, but in fact it makes for a rather fluid and fast paced feel. The broad variety of characters coupled with the distant relative feel of the siblings as they get to understand their strengths and weaknesses gives it both an exciting and heart warming feel.

Escaping Eternia by misterbiz – This dark tale shows another side tho the classic Zombie Apocalypse storyline. Our “hero” is anything but with both a I-don't-give-a-damn attitude and a dark past that still haunts him to this day. With no light on the horizon escape of this shuffler filled town seems little more then a dream. The death and gloom comes through in vivid detail, as well as a true sens of feeling of and for our hero and his companions.

The Other Side by Tikanni Corazon – With only a prologue up thus far, this newly fromed tale has drawn in many readers, this editor included. I must say, many IFians have high hopes for this one with it's somewhat hidden connection to another epic tale of out dear Tikanni. With death fresh in the air, where will the author go from here? With beautiful descriptiveness and vivid storytelling, this is sure to turn into an amazing adventure.

All these stories are dually recommended by this editor.

Eternally Frustrated

On a recent visit to another state, my sister and I stayed at her boyfriend's house. He is your average thirty some year old Anime fan, meaning we were constantly surrounded by figurines of various female Anime characters. I had been corresponding with him for some time about several different things he'd like to write, as in stories he'd like to get written. As such, while I was there, we endeavored to get some work done on them. You see, he has a great frustration, and it is this frustration that keeps his truly interesting tales from hitting the market. In this interview, we'll talk about just what this terrible frustration is.

Stein: Hello there Fay-Shun. How are you doing today?

Fay-Shun: I'm suffering through humidity, but I'm fine.

Stein: Yeh, the weather has been humid a lot lately. Ready Rover?

Rover: Wuff *Settles down next to Fey-Shun, ears alert*

Stein: Good. Now, Fey-Shun, I understand you like writing. What do you like writing about? What genres do you enjoy?

Fay-Shun: Action, adventure, romance, sci-fi and politics. I like writing about woman and men who know what they want in a relationship aren't faulted or incarcerated for it. Seriously, I would write about a Nazi in love if I thought there was a reason for the story to be. If the relationship can be made to develop in a way that made sense, I would write about it.

As for politics, have you ever noticed that both sides in an argument should be wanting to do the best thing for the whole? But they become so involved in their individual points that no one is willing to acknowledge that you need a common base line before you can agree on basicly anything. They key word there is basicly.

I would like to write these stories that would encapsulate all my favorite subjects, but you'll find too much explanation makes it a too long drama, and not enough explanation and you wind up with something that the readers don't care about. There's not enough interest. There's nothing to be interested about.

Stein: I know what you mean. Could you tell us a bit about your inspirations? What or who inspires you to write?

Fay-Shun: Oh, hmmmm. . . .Issac Asimov was my seminal event into sci-fi. Louis L'Amour. Elizabeth Lowell and Johanna Lindsay they are the only reason I know what the word 'Romance' means. Other wise I would have climbed the wall into another dimension.

Stein: Interesting. Now, I've read and listened to a lot of your work, and I like it. Can you tell us a bit about what makes it so hard to get your works down into actual print?

Fay-Shun: Schizophrenia for one. See, I've had many people rad my stuff, or I've told them about it, and they give me suggestions that sound good, or not so much, and when I make the changes, other people will come along and tell me it would be better a different way still. This goes on and on, and no one seems to be able to agree what's best, so despite the fact that I'm trying to write something people will read, I can't seem to figure out just what that is. I wanna write what I wanna write, but I want to write something that can pay the bills as well.

Um, I don't know if this put me in the best light, but my mind runs like a heard of wild horses I'm trying to break one at a time. See, I have so many ideas running through my head that I need outside help just to press them into a thought.

Lastly, I am physically incapable of writing this stuff, or typing this stuff out myself due to disability. I've had to resort to paying people to write for me. My fingers don't work fast enough for my mind to say “Okay, spell this word”. If it were simply a matter of voice activated writing programs, I'd use them, but none seem to work the way I need them to.

Stein: That sounds like a lot to deal with. I sympathize with you. Could you tell us a little about one of your projects?

Fay-Shun: I'm gonna bring this one up because it is one I want to post to this site eventually. Um, let's see, how to do this without giving it away, I've never tried this before. The story works on the principal of, if you truly had a game that was mystical and effected the whole world, what would happen to the heroes, the heroins, and the villains. And here's the kicker, all the characters are anthropomorphic. For those of you who don't know what that word means, it means that all the people have physical animal attributes such as fur, feathers, scales, tails and animal ears. Unlike other mystical game stories, the effects this game has on the world are actual and permanent, such as a volcano being pulled up during the game, will still be there when the game is over. If one brings a black hole into existence, it really is a black hole and does what black holes do.

Stein: I can't wait to read it! Well, that's all for now. Thank you for taking time out of your day for this.

Fay-Shun: Wuff Wuff.

Stein: Hah, I see Rover has made a friend. Come on now mutt. *Slips out of the apartment*

Rover: Wuff *Stands, stretches, wanders out of room after Stein*

Mr. Biz's Mindset
Story by Mister Biz.

Hello, Boils and Ghouls. Today's episode of The Mindset is all about inspiration and those who inspire me, both in my writing and in my other activities.

First, my writing is influenced by the greats; Stoker, Shelley, King, Little. Reading the works of these horror-ible people makes me want to be better, want me to be good enough that my name is said in the same breath as them. Another giant inspiration to my work is my long lost love Jessica. I often find myself making females characters in her image or with her personality, trying to make her live on through my work.

My mom has played a crucial key in my writing choice. She introduced me to horror and has taught me how strong and independent women act and how they can make stories better.

In my everyday life, I am inspired by both my mom and fiancee. Mom has taught me how to be strong and think for myself and my fiancee always makes me strive to be a better person, because I know I don't deserve her. The biggest influence and inspiration I had growing up were the heroes of the comics that I read.

Rorschach taught me to never compromise my beliefs. Thor taught me the importance of humility. Iron Man taught me what you can accomplish when you put your mind to something. Spider-man had that great power/great responsibility deal. Deadpool taught me to have a sense of humor. The Hulk taught me that when you channel your anger you can do great things. The X-men taught me to never be ashamed of who you are. Super-heroes have played probably the greatest part in making me who I am today, as I identified with a lot of them.

Well that's my time folks. So until next time, my loyal minions. I am Mister Biz and this is my Mindset.

Poetry Corner

Here we are with another set of poems by various members of the City. Enjoy!

Angeal Pureheart - The Web

Creatively you,
have worked your art.
You spun a web,
around my heart.
How beautifully,
your deeds have spread.
Each intricately,
woven thread.
With strands of care,
your dried my tears.
Your gentleness,
dispelled my fears.
Your wisdom help me,
to understand.
And patiently,
you held my hand.
You gave my courage,
to brave the storm.
With your kindness,
you've kept me warm.
Your passion lit,
a glowing fire.
That filled my soul,
with sweet desire.
You're all that I,
was dreaming of.
For the web you spun,
was made of love.

Thunderbird - Life

A cruel and twisted torment,
A honey-soaked bliss,
It never lies dormant,
And its plots carry twists.

To her I love and I hate,
I've never been decided,
For she provides and she takes,
On rare occasion, I find myself delighted.

On one hand she's quick,
Yet she drags on so long,
Like swimming through a brick,
Or singing a love song.

I just know that, in the end,
I'll look back and sigh,
Because I'll realize my friend,
I was born to die.

Tikanni Corazon - Fate's Choice

Drowning his sorrows, in a back-alley bar,
The man, he sups his last, and bids the barkeep goodnight,
Stumbles out the door, into the cold,
And makes for his car, in the dim streetlight,
Lamenting all the while, the loss of his Maria, sweet Maria.

Taking his keys from his pocket, as he leans against the car,
He misses the lock, misses...misses...misses...
Eventually managing the task of unlocking the door,
All the while remembering the sweet kisses,
Of his Maria, beautiful Maria.

"Are you sure you should be doing that?"
A womans voice breaks through the night.
The man he turns, and sees the figure,
Deep in the shadows, near out of sight.

"What business is it of yours", he replies with scorn,
And turns back to unlocking the door.
"Maybe before you make your choice," the woman says,
"You'd like to know what fate has in store?"

Curiousity itching, he turns back towards her,
And finds that she has stepped into the streetlight's dim glow,
Though he's still unable to see her face,
For she is covered, in a hooded cloak, from head to toe.

"Who are you?" the man says warily, to which she replies
"I have been sent to give you a chance before it's too late,
For if you get into that car tonight, my good sir,
You will be making a great mistake. And my name is Fate."

"You have been blessed with an offer, sir,
To discover what fate has in store for you,
To know the outcome of each of your choices,
Before you decide which of them to do."

He ponders a moment, trying to decide,
If he really cares what the outcome might be,
But curiousity overcomes him, and he
Softly replies, "I wish to see."

She takes his hands, and in an instant,
The world around him is gone, then a new scene appears,
Here lights flash and sirens blare,
The piercing sound ringing in his ears.

The tattered shell of what once was a car,
Lies in the middle of a road, and nearby he can see,
A body, speadeagled, in the shadown of the car
"Oh my god!" he gasps, "It is me!"

"Yes," the woman replies, "It is you.
If you choose to drive home tonight
You will die this terrible death,
Do you think to choose this path is right?"
'But I will be with Maria,' he thinks to himself, 'my lovely Maria.'

"But think on this," the woman continues,"If you die,
The effect it will have on those you leave behind.
Your son and your daughter will be all alone,
And the world, to them, will not be kind."

She passes a hand in front of her,
And it seemed as if a home movie played before his eyes,
One showing the horrors his children would face,
At the point of his demise.

In the movie, his kids were passed,
From foster home to foster home, throughout their childhood years,
The later ones spattered with drink and drugs,
And other such devestating things, bringing him to tears.

"So you have seen," the woman said,
The repercussions of one of the choices you face,
If you decide against it, all will be well,
And our children's world will be a better place.

And with that, she pulled back her hood,
And the man exclaimed with a gasp, "Maria! It's you!"
She smiled, and replied "Yes, my love, it is I,
And I have a request and a plea to put to you."

"Please don't get yourself killed this night,
Stop this grieving, for I am happy and free,
Please get yourself home to our kids, my dear,
For they need you far more than me.

And with that she was gone, and he was back,
Stood by the car, keys in hand, and alone.
"Very well, my darling," he whispered to the night.
And he hailed a taxi to take him home.
"I'll take care of them Maria, my love, my one, Maria.

Mister Biz - Jess

The heavens did weep when they made thee
The most beautiful creature any man doth see
Skin that is, was, as smooth as a marble floor
Your voice as sweet as wine that I needed to hear more
Your gaze melted me like ice thrown upon a flame
My soul soared high whenever you said my name
But fate can be a witch, so violent and cruel
Pushing me around and making me look quite the fool
The gods envied you for your beauty and your love
So they trapped you in yourself, making a crow from a dove
They broke your spirit and wreaked havoc on your faith
And kept me from saving you by placing me in chains
Then they took you back to sit like a dog, poised at their feet
Taking from me the kindest soul I ever did meet
The gods felt great envy when they created thee
Envy so great, they stole my only goddess from me

Interfable: A History

Once again I am here to bring you a little bit of the history of or illustrious city. From the words of our King, Key, we have heard of the Seven Treasures, and the Five Dragons, now we will hear about how he fought his way through the Wilderness trying to find a way to bring the Treasures to the wider world. Here we will learn about how this journey, began.

As he began looking around for a better way to do things, he came across what he calls a “Family” of people who were very interested in his ideas. These people were people he recognized and understood such as tabletop role players, video gamers, artists, and computer scientist. There were many things resembling at the time what they were seeking, but none seemed to be exactly what they wanted. They realized that in order to get what they wanted, the narrative of stories with the interactivity of games, they'd have to make something brand new.

The King began reading up on all that he could find on things akin to what he wanted; MMORPGs, Digital Storytelling, Cyberdramas. He even traveled to a conference in Europe to learn all he could about what was out there, and how it could help him in his endeavor. He found a few things that had been tried before for interactive storytelling that didn't quite slay all the Dragons, but gave him a good idea of what direction to head.

First there was Branching Storylines. The basic idea is one many people know as “Choose-your-own-adventure”. These were popular for a very short period of time after coming out for several reasons. One reason is the impracticality of it. If the story has too many decision points, the number of possible endings more then most authors could handle. Too few decision point lead to a feeling that the story wasn't all that interactive at all. They tried to fix this with having storyline that would split, but come back together later, hence cutting down on the number of endings while giving enough interaction to keep readers interested, but in the end, it was a failed attempt.

Secondly, there were, and still are, the ever popular Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games, or MMORPG. IN this our King was pleased to find most of the Dragons to be slain, but not all. The characters follow their own path, there is no need to come together physically to play, many quests require teamwork, there are no limits on the number of players. All things reviewed, MMORPGs have most of the Dragons slain, but these “Simulations” lacked one of the key Treasures the King was looking for; Mythic Storytelling.

The King continued his travels, and still in the wilderness, sought long and hard for his dream do become a reality. Come see us next time when we look over what else dwells in the wilderness, and how our King came up with the idea, of Storygaming.

General News Report
Story by Mister Biz

News Time, children! You best listen up cause this stuff's important:

-- The City has seen a slight rise in activity with several new people appearing as well as a handful of new SGs popping up all over the place. In the Fantasy Forest we have The Other Side by Tikanni Corazon and Destiny's Intertwined by Venomous Angel. Directive by Syranore and Finite Horizon by sagittaeri appeared in Skiffville. The Hidden Crime by sagittaeri, Host by Kalanna Rai, and A Figure in the Mists by Tikanni Corazon have appeared in the Creepy Cave while Anchorage Horror has shown up in the Dark Horror area. Master of Darkness, Mister Biz, has started up a romance entitled One More Time SuperAlpha96 also has a romance titled Warmth of the Candle

-- It is election time once again, children. The Master of Darkness takes on The Sunshine Princess as Mister Biz runs against Andolyn

--If you have a story up in the dark forums you better put a warning on them as both mayoral candidates have vowed to eliminate the dark forums and transition all tales to the forums of their respective genres

And that's all for general news this last month! If you feel you have a bit of news you'd like to see in the next edition of the IF Quirer, feel free to contact the Chief Editor PopeAlessandrosXVIII at any time during the month.

Happy IF Day!

By Gon

Here's a Happy IF Day to all those who joined in May

A Very extra special Happy IF Day to those who have been with us since the first year of City of IF, 8 years ago:
Mother Goose
Idea master
Ravenwing

A very special Happy IF Day to the members who have been with us for a lengthy 7 years now:
The Powers That Be
SchoolMarm!

A special Happy IF Day to those of us who have been with us for a total of 6 years now:
QuizMaster
The Meaning Of Fear
Argonaut
DeadManWalking

A special Happy IF Day to those people who have been with us for a lengthy 5 years:
Whisperer
Head Eater
Mephistopheles

A Happy IF Day to the people who have been with us for 4 years now:
Phantomfan
Ronjun
Quincunx
Jyoukage
shy_blu_eyes
Tipico
illusionist
Design

A Happy IF Day to those who have been with us for 3 years now:
KoRnFREAK
RoninDaniel
Squakka
latem5
Klafarius

A Happy IF Day to those who joined us only 2 years ago:
lilmomlasvegas
Pandor
ShadowMichael
Swordfish
DrearpRala
moosey1
thopper
shell_1990
whoknosme
eyesofpassion27
strausseman
Paullus51

And a Happy IF Day to those who joined us only last year:
Krysta
stori
Gon
bigdaddyfonzie
Irishninja
Cesear1995
Angeal PureHeart
Ramol
kingtman555
Tainted Biohazard
April BluMoon
The IF Labs Payroll
j_s_leamen
LadyB1982
Ingro
Kalyssa Summers

Here's a Happy IF Day to all those who joined in June.

A very Happy IF Day to those who joined us 5 years ago:
NeverNeverGirl
Player of Fates

A very Happy IF Day to those who have been with us for 4 years:
Advarr
NinjaTenorSaxophonisTT
avenger
Reasoner
SerriaFox
zahark
Black Hawk
marbledog
The Ed.

A Happy IF Day to those who hae been with us for 3 years now:
Janus
Grimmer
TsukiyomiRin1
Talanthar
namizake
antitoxic
Quinner
xmario444
zamarak
Fenris
nina970
Redruby15
TroubledOne

A Happy IF Day to those who joined only 2 years ago:
Sakaran2010
Arellis
massterplan112
ddrzhuer
Kerdon
Jestiro
KrystalAngel
Clearabeank
inferator

And finally, here is a Happy IF Day to those who joined last year:
Anime Girls
ajwest2
emilizcious
ashsage
victorygyrl
FARRIES
mollysue0318
after122
supdog13
BC382011
Chocolatelaer4life
JK
Dracanos
CyberblueLightning
Minxie
Sinistromanual
Tiamat's Wolf

Congrats to all and Happy IF Day

Words O' Wisdom

“All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” - Walt Disney

Would you like to advertise in ?

Look here for more information!
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

great issue guys!! =) enjoyed it!
sagittaeri

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject:  

Wow, it must be a lot of work to put this together. Well done!
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject:  

Another great issue Pope! Keep it up xD
Vishal Muralidharan

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject:  

Great issue, man! Keep bringin em :)

Storygames Home -> IFquirer
Page 1 of 1