Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Polling Chp2
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Polling Chp2  

Chakra has decided to seek the advice of others before committing to a specific path.

Summary: Water- powerful and effective to calm the sea around Diasis or overwhelm an enemy
Wind- unlimited (air is everywhere) can push back the waves threatening Diasis or harm an opponent
Earth- powers from tremors to rolling boulders, Earth magic can open up the ground beneath multiple foes
Ice- a physically chilling threat in battle
Fire- ignites an enemy or creates a corral of flames
Light- dark magic (draws on negative energy), short-term confusion or rendering a target unable to concentrate
Shadow- dark magic, short-term confusion or long-term mental impairment
Health- physically demanding, this magic draws strength from the caster
Strike- physically demanding, this magic develops the arms and upper body
Pounce- physically demanding, this magic develops the legs and lower torso
Curse- physically demanding, this dark magic weakens a target

Learning new magic is difficult and time consuming, but Chakra’s male friends encourage her to practice. Her female friends tease her good-naturedly about her tendencies to follow the Path of the Thinker. Although she will most likely never master a magic, should Chakra attempt to learn another magic or simply try to perfect her Light skills? Or should she refine the subtler talents she already possesses that better become a Thinker? If you believe she should learn another magic, make an argument for which one. In the meantime Chakra will continue to seek the advice of others with an open mind.

Chp2 Poll: What should Chakra do next?
1. Go to the Great Hall of Elders to seek advice 8
2. Find her friends and be razzed some more 0
3. Sit morosely by the water and feel sorry for herself 3
Mordok

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject:  

If that knucklehead Knute continues to grope my sweetheart like that, I'll show him some pouncing that can't be healed.

Anyway, if Chakra isn't going to admit to herself that she's really a thinker, she needs to find out what magics suit her best.

If she can already perform small feats in fine magic, she could try to improve on these skills. If they don't please her, she could try to learn some of the course magics.

She needs to find out what she enjoys and is capable of. Then practice it till she gets bored and starts thinking again.

I realize that this didn't pin down a life choice, but I still think her true calling is in the way of the thinkers.

Maybe she will be great at oblivion.
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject:  

Hmm. I feel so sorry for her. She feels so indecisive, unsure what to do. Well I guess she could practice what little skills she has, but I think she has not truly found her perfect talent unlike her friends. So I suggest she try perfecting what little magic skill she has in Light and go off from there. If she doesn't seem to suit it, I would say she needs to find some other kind of Magic, perhaps Coarser magic.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject:  

Mordok wrote: I realize that this didn't pin down a life choice, but I still think her true calling is in the way of the thinkers.

Ravenwing wrote: She feels so indecisive, unsure what to do.
She isn't going to pin down a life choice right away. She's on a voyage of self-discovery (which takes shape through the input of the readers.) I hope I'm not making her sound wishy-washy. At any rate I'm expanding the storyline next chapter, beyond just Chakra and her situation. Thanks for reading my story and playing along! :)
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:  

Oh no, she does not sound wishy-washy at all. But as I read others comments and they chapters, I see her following the way of the thinker. Because she seems to be putting great thought on to her next move. Its just an observation.
Chainfire

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, this sounds juicy keep going and I might just vote.
BStheGreat

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject:  

I again say she should do the courser magics.

Oh, and is there going to be a great adventure or something that she has to do or is the story just about her finding her 'Inner Calling'?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

BStheGreat wrote: Oh, and is there going to be a great adventure or something that she has to do or is the story just about her finding her 'Inner Calling'?

There's got to be an adventure. I don't think I could sustain enough interest writing a storygame just about someone finding their path in life.
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject:  

I agree with Rave and Mordok. UNless she decides to persue the black arts, that would be cool.
Key

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Oblivion  

Oblivion.

What would that be like, to understand Darkness - not Shadow, which is merely the other side of Light, but true Nothingness? What power would be mine then? Would I be free from my worries, from the chaos in my mind? Would the others stop teasing me?

What am I thinking? Oblivion is forbidden. Of course I can't practice that. I must focus on what I know. Yes, practice Light. Refine what I can do with Light. That will keep me on the right path.

But, just a thought: if I did want to learn Oblivion, where would I go?
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:  

Probably the enemies of your people, the black witch...right?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject:  

Ah, but mastery of Oblivion, that dark and ancient art, requires much sacrifice. To sacrifice friends, to sacrifice soul, Chakra is unwilling to make that cold leap. Next chapter I introduce the character that does travel that bitter route, but it's not for Chakra.

** Sorry guys, I have an idea where I want the story to go, and I can get it there with either the Path of Thinkers or any magic other than Oblivion. That's why I so conveniently left Oblivion off the summary list at the bottom. :oops: **
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: Probably the enemies of your people, the black witch...right?

Nope but good guess. I want to use a little more imagination than that. Once we embark on our adventure the antogonist will most likely be the environment- whatever it throws our way.
Ravenwing

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject:  

ethereal_fauna wrote: Ah, but mastery of Oblivion, that dark and ancient art, requires much sacrifice. To sacrifice friends, to sacrifice soul, Chakra is unwilling to make that cold leap. Next chapter I introduce the character that does travel that bitter route, but it's not for Chakra.

** Sorry guys, I have an idea where I want the story to go, and I can get it there with either the Path of Thinkers or any magic other than Oblivion. That's why I so conveniently left Oblivion off the summary list at the bottom. :oops: **

You leave us in suspense. Very well, we must wait and see.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject:  

The chapter two poll is up. We left Chakra swimming in the CalmSea after some heavy thinking. What action should she take next?
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject:  

Quote: Ah, but mastery of Oblivion, that dark and ancient art, requires much sacrifice. To sacrifice friends, to sacrifice soul, Chakra is unwilling to make that cold leap. Next chapter I introduce the character that does travel that bitter route, but it's not for Chakra.

It's up to US, the eaders, to decide what to do...so you may be surprised, and have to end up writing about an evil Chakra! :D

As for the poll, I felt I was being forced into picking the first option, since it was the only one with any argument, the only one that really would change anything, and the only reasonable one.

So I picked the third one! :D
Mordok

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject:  

No offense Ethereal, but it was a Mordok like poll. I know how hard it is to make a good one though; hence the name, Mordok like poll.

My storygame had polls like stay and get killed, or run? Not much desicion there huh?

I have every faith that this story will have harder decision points in the future though. Keep it coming.
D-Lotus

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject:  

Mordok, you're SO humble it humbles me in my humbled back which humbles my humble humbled sister who humbles my double humbled...oh whatever....
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject:  

Yeah I was disappointed with my own poll, so I figured the readers would be. I'm working on that. Better decision points.
Ravenwing

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject:  

D-Lotus wrote: Mordok, you're SO humble it humbles me in my humbled back which humbles my humble humbled sister who humbles my double humbled...oh whatever....

D, just shut up. 8) Your rambling will make peoples' ears fall off. :lol:
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject:  

Ravenwing wrote: D, just shut up. 8) Your rambling will make peoples' ears fall off. :lol:

Well what with the lame poll I suppose he was inspired to ramble. Now I feel such guilt for subjecting everyone to such a poll. Ohhh, my own personal agony...the pain, the pain.

The next chapter I'm moving beyond just Chakra and her issues. I hope this inspires a better poll and a little more interest in my story. Of course if Chakra ends up sitting morosely by the water and feeling sorry for herself, then I'll have to add a little more fluff to the next chapter. I'll get us there, though, and hopefully in an intriguing way.

You guys are such task masters. 8)
kingcappie

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:  

I didn't think the poll was that bad. How long have you been writing these stories ethereal_fauna?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject:  

This is my first attempt at a storygame. I don't think I'm doing TOO shabby.
Mordok

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject:  

Hope I didn't give the wrong impression. I love the story, and your writing style is great.

I'll read it even if it does have only one decent option.

Hell, I'd read it if it didn't have any options.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject:  

Mordok wrote: Hell, I'd read it if it didn't have any options.
But I aim to please. Else why would I post the story here? I'm glad you like the story though. I just want to make it a little more interactive for the readers.
kingcappie

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject:  

When do you plan on gettig the next chapter up?
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject:  

I'm waiting until after the poll closes. It will be Friday or Saturday at the earliest, before I get another chapter posted.
Random

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject:  

Another great chapter ethereal! Although there were way too many words and not enough naked fairy chicks! :)

I voted for the obvious one myself, and I would think that Chakra would stick with the path of a thinker. Call it a rebellious spirit or whatever but Chakra should walk a different path than what is expected of her. Stick with what magic she knows and improve on that if she can.
saxon215

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject:  

tis good indied
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:22 am    Post subject:  

Why thanx sax. I try.

Since it seems I left only one logical choice in the vote I already have the next chapter ready. Should I post it or not? Wait until the poll finishes? I am undecided at this moment.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject:  

Post it, of course, if it's ready! We're all waiting.

- Mother Goose

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:  

- Mother Goose

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject:  

- Mother Goose
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject:  

Well after that triple encouragement- not that I needed much prodding anyway, I think I will post it. Just twist my arm... :wink:

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:  

Sorry, it seems I did Ravenwing one better - I'm triplets now!

- Mother Goose

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1