Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Polling Chp5
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Polling Chp5  

Chakra is faced with a difficult choice. The unusual potions and charms of the sea people will be useless to the party if no one knows how to use them safely. However, the sacrifice her friend Aanira makes will render her permanently deformed, unable to return to her father, sister, and home except as an infrequent visitor. Should Aanira join the party, or remove the Charm of Transformation before her physical changes become permanent?

Chp5 Poll: What should happen to Aanira?
She should join the party and go to the Unknown Realm 5
The group should leave her behind, forcing her to remove the charm 0
Chakra should convince her to remove the charm 3
Chainfire

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:  

I said she should join the party because i want to see how she will assist the party in the future or if she'll be killed off.
kingcappie

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject:  

I said Chakra should convince her friend to remove the charm. Since Chakra has visions, maybe she could see what would happen to Aanira if she leaves Oekarakos.

I think I missed the last vote. :oops:
BStheGreat

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

Ravenwing wrote: BS, if you want to read a more entertaining story by Ethereal, I would suggest The Carver's Blossoms. Now that is bloody and violent, well at least the opening chapters. 8)

Im just joking around, it doesn't really matter that there is no killings in it. The whole fairy thing just isn't my thing.
Random

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject:  

I went with convincing her to remove the charm. If Chakra is a friend she would not want for Aanira to have to go through life living away from her parents. On the other hand, a friend will let a friend make that choice. But I see no harm in pushing Aanira towards removing the charm and staying who she is.

Also i'm looking at implications here and I feel that Chakra, as a thinker, would do this as well. What would the implications be on the relationships between the two races if Aanira was lost to them? What would her parents think and how would they react?

Personally Ethereal, I love your story! I think it is extremely well written and I enjoy the fact that there aren't gallons of blood all over the place. You've picked a hard genre style because you are writing a fantasy for people who enjoy using their brain. :)

You go girl!
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:  

Random wrote: Also i'm looking at implications here and I feel that Chakra, as a thinker, would do this as well. What would the implications be on the relationships between the two races if Aanira was lost to them? What would her parents think and how would they react?

But what will happen if Aanira's sacrifice is denied? What implications arise if the Diasinians seek a Great Knowledge , ask for the help of Oekarakos, but then refuse to take any representative of the sea people along on the quest? After all the Royal Elect supports Aanira's actions- it might even be her idea or the idea of the Oekarikonian governement to send one of the sea people along. Good things to consider, Random. And I'm glad you like my story.
Ravenwing

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

As a friend, Chakra should not be the one to force Aanira to go either way. But that Aanira is willing to risk this is certainly a sign of a deep friendship. I think Chakra should encourage her friend to remove the charm because the permenent repurcussions are too dangerous to experience.

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:  

I think this story is great. I can understand that some people like action oriented lead characters, but I like a good introspective character sometimes.

I also think this is your best decision point yet, Ethereal.

It's a tough call here, but I'm going with, taking Aanira with us.

Everyone has to leave thier families and change at some point. It's not like it's going to kill her or anything. She seems to really want to go along, so I say let her come.

I would probably have to ask her why she wants to come along so bad though.
Mordok

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject:  

That was me. :oops: /\
|
Smee

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject:  

Some good comments from people.

Quote: Personally Ethereal, I love your story! I think it is extremely well written and I enjoy the fact that there aren't gallons of blood all over the place. You've picked a hard genre style because you are writing a fantasy for people who enjoy using their brain.

You go girl! - very true, Well said. :)

Quote: I also think this is your best decision point yet, Ethereal.

It's a tough call here, but I'm going with, taking Aanira with us.

Everyone has to leave thier families and change at some point. It's not like it's going to kill her or anything. She seems to really want to go along, so I say let her come.

I would probably have to ask her why she wants to come along so bad though. My opinion as well. This decision seems to be made, so don't stop it. Have the conversation about making sure she is certain of her decision (as a concerned friend) but then accept it and allow her to go.

Happy Writing :)

- cool, I've caused a tie in the voting. :twisted:

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1