Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Polling Chp7.2
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Polling Chp7.2  

The group heads north according to the Staff of the Earth. The White Witch has foreseen the canyon carved by the Wyld River blocking the path. East the river narrows, but it runs fast through the humid forest. West the river widens, but it also becomes very shallow as it passes through the barren, wind-swept edge of the Mainland. Continuing straight ahead and following the lip of the canyon either east or west will take more time, but the group travels with the protection of the del-Nordes Warrior Mark through the territory of the del-Duces pack. Cutting across the forest rather than straight through saves time, but you might enter the hidden campsites of the del-Duces pack, an event that would not be well tolerated. What decision should Asher make?

Chp7 Poll: Which direction does Asher choose to navigate the Wyld River?
Straight ahead, then eastward into the forest 0
Straight ahead, then westward to the Mainland's edge 6
Northeast from current location, perhaps through unfriendly camps0
Northwest from current location, less likely to enter camps 1
kingcappie

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject:  

Chapter 7 was excellent. I'm glad you split it into two parts. I think there best bet would be travelling straight through and then going west.
kenshin himura

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject:  

I just read the whole story so far in one sitting and I am amazed! :P
It is a remarkable tale that is totalyby its self.
I can see them going west, twords the widining of the river.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for the comments. I am glad you are enjoying the story so far. I'm putting up the poll for this chapter today.
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:  

Amazing, just amazing. Everything is so well-written. I really liked the talking scene between Holden and the White Witch because it sort gets Holden out of the shadows. Okay, I am thinking we should head for the edge because perhaps there they could either ford across the shallow part of the river.
kingcappie

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:  

Even though you might be able to learn something useful from the del-Duces pack, since you are in there territory, I finally decided it would probably be best to avoid there camps and not provoke an already unfriendly group. I opted to head westward from where they are.
Mordok

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject:  

Great job as usual. I really like your style and wording. It's been crazy busy around here lately, but be assured I will always be reading even if I don't always post.

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1