Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Polling Chp8
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Polling Chp8  

The group has fallen victim to a hungry horde of small, opportunistic, swarming predators. The sheer numbers of the beasts overwhelmed the party, forcing Holden to finally realize the element lacking in his quest to attain mastery of Oblivion- the strong spirit of another to combine with. He sought and found this power in Chakra, and successfully annihilated the attacking swarm. The bendaswatch live and hunt in large, loosely organized but cooperative groups. Predators typically attack the weakest prey first. The bendaswatch are crafty little critters, and may methodically advance upon multiple preys, striking the nearest target with greater force. As colonial animals, they might also attempt to quickly subdue the one posing the greatest threat to the colony. The bendaswatch are small, not highly intelligent yet reasonably cunning, opportunistic feeders. Which prey seems their most likely target to have focused more intently upon? What member of the party do you think fits the description of each prey?

Which prey seems the most likely target for the bendaswatch to have focused more intently upon? What member of the party do you think fits the description of each prey?
1. Being colonial, they attempt to quickly subdue the one posing the greatest threat to the colony 1
2. Being crafty, they methodically advance upon multiple preys, striking the nearest target with greater force 1
3. Being opportunistic feeders, they attack the weakest prey first and with greater force 8
Chainfire

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject:  

Hello fauna. I think the White Witch got it the worst. She was the weakest and had no one protecting her (at least you didn't say if she did or not).
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject:  

Chainfire wrote: Hello fauna.

Hello brat-child! :P Sneaking in first post I see.
Muaddib

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject:  

You write extremely well Fauna. I think Im finally getting over my defeat.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject:  

Why thank you. I was suprised that the Lucius Mysteries didn't fare better in the poll. Maybe you'll kick a55 with the Dark Lord like you did in February's vote, and win it this time!
kenshin himura

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject:  

Holy molie! :shock: That was the most vivid description of a battal scene that this site hase seen in months! you have complitli outdone your self in this one chapter. And your writing style compliments the creativity of your brain when you created this story!
I am still woozie from this experiance.

but I dont think that the white witch would have died, maby
she was asleep and they did not see her becouse of a charm
and in the next chapter, as they are morning her, se would wake up.
just a suggestion.
Ravenwing

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

That was really great fuana. The description of the whole combined forces of Holden and Chakra definitely revealed something to me. I never realized that what was holding Holden back from mastering his own dark magic was because he needed someone else to work with. But I guess it makes sense. He has been alone for so long, and so needs another to work with. Better shut up, I am repeating myself. Anyways great job.
Smee

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject:  

As others have said, a fantastic chapter - even converting some 'none-believers' - excellent. :D

More magic, more violence, more action - you're not going to hear any complaints from me - just keep it coming. :)

I've voted for the third option. :)
Cowofdoom666

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject:  

Wow....just...wow. :shock: I have to admit it Fauna, Finite Cosmos is one of the first Storygames I have read (Never enough time, OK?) And it is great. I love your way of writing, it's a lot better than my, direct-speech-vague-description style. Keep up the good work :wink: .
kenshin himura

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject:  

Cowofdoom666 wrote: Wow....just...wow. :shock: I have to admit it Fauna, Finite Cosmos is one of the first Storygames I have read (Never enough time, OK?) And it is great. I love your way of writing, it's a lot better than my, direct-speech-vague-description style. Keep up the good work :wink: .
almost perfectly what i sead!
Muaddib

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject:  

Im sorry, but I just cant understand what the poll question is...please explain :oops:
Mother Goose

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject:  

My take on it, Muaddib, is that we're supposed to decide which fallen comrade caused Aanira to utter a horrified scream when she saw her or him; who was attacked the worst by the Bandaswatch? I'm going with the majority and say the white witch, since she's probably both the weakest physically and the most threatening to the colony with her magic.

Great story, ethereal fauna, one I never miss though I don't post often.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:  

One of the people traveling with Chakra is most likely going to die, so think about the people on this journey.

Who seems like the weakest? Probably either Chakra or the White Witch.

Who most likely would be up front, closest to the attacking predators? Asher is the leader, but in previous chapters Ordoc is generally leading the way through the forest.

Who posed the greatest threat to the colony? Seani could attack many at once with Earth and Water magic, and Holden can also multi-target.

At the end of the chapter we know that Asher, Aanira, and Knute were still breathing. So which target is most likely to have recieved the greatest assault (vote in the poll) and who would most likely fit the description of that target (post suggestions on the forum).

I hope this clarifies a little for you.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject:  

Mother Goose wrote: Great story, ethereal fauna, one I never miss though I don't post often.

Thanks! I certainly enjoy feedback, but it is more important that people read and enjoy the story, whether they post often or not.
Muaddib

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject:  

But thats not fair!!!!!!!!
You cant kill off a weak character!!!!!!
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject:  

Life isn't fair, not even in a fantasy......
kenshin himura

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject:  

Thea is true. just becouse this story is based on saving a sivilisation some have to die to help with the prosses.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject:  

The poll is officially closed, and it seems like the weakest one gets it the worst. It also appears that most people think the White Witch was the weakest target.

Please feel free to post suggestions and ideas for the story, or general nonsense if that's all you have to say. I'll begin the next chapter and post it as soon as it's completed.

Thanks to everyone who voted and posted. I appreciate all who are reading and playing along.
ethereal_fauna

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject:  

Well the next chapter is already complete. The words just flew from my fingers and into the keyboard. So I'm locking this forum and the next chapter is posted. Enjoy!

Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1