New to this place? Read here first.
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> Good vs Evil vs money!

#1: New to this place? Read here first. Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:47 pm
    —
Welcome to Good vs Evil vs Money, or Greed as it is also sometimes called.

This storygame, which I am proud to say won Story Game of the Month (SGotM) in Dec05, (look in the City Auditorium for this) was started in direct response to the then Mayor, Key, introducing the City's currency: Fables.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a game which featured people in the city and in which people could bid for things to happen to themselves or others in the city.

The Auction thread for Greed can be found in the Marketplace.

The thread, at time of me writing this intro, is 12 pages long and still growing. There have been many bidding wars in its pages, from the bid to be the the first Hero (Evil Homer), through the convoluted and bizzare bid that ended up making Key a Magical, but dignified, chamber pot. The current highest bid was over 1,500Fables for who would win a battle between Lord of the Night and Witch Stoat and Dragon Fire. (Lordy took that one).

If you read the thread through it can be quite enlightening, though if you wish the story's twists and turns to suprise you, then best only read the older pages!

How do I become a character in GvEvM? newcomers often ask.

Well, one way is to go the Auction house and bid to be a character. However, prepare for your bid to be counter-bidded and probably twisted in some fashion. That's even before I put my deviant mind to work on it!

The second way is simply to join IF and become a regular poster on the site. Eventually I will need a new character, and I pick names from the local active citizens. The longer you have been here in IF, the larger your role in the story* could be.

Before you put in a bid to join Greed, I would strongly advise you to get up to speed with the story. If you don't fancy wading through all the chapters (and there are quite a lot I know), then you can dip into the Story Synopsis thread, here in the forum. This is updated in every chapter, though only supplies a high level overview. It can also be found at the beginning of each episode, so you could read each of those as well.

When GvEvM started I had no idea what was going to happen. Over time though, I have formulated a general plot and, despite many a twisty turn, this is still vaguely on course. I anticipate** it running to maybe 40 chapters, at the current rate.

Who will win? Good? Evil? I am not sure. I do know though, that it has made me a nice little sum in Fables over the course of the 28 Chapters I have currently written. So perhaps at the end of the day, Money takes it. Wink

Enjoy!

*Note, could be. Sometimes it gets away from me.
**This is subject to change of course. Predicting anything accurately in this story is very hard.

#2:  Author: ChinarenLocation: https://www.NeilHartleyBooks.com PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:09 am
    —
This SGame won All Round Best in the IFYs 2006. Thanks to everyone who voted for it!

Now, if I could just get the cup from D-Lotus...

#3:  Author: The White Blacksmith PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:52 am
    —
He won't give it up so easily China

#4:  Author: The Meaning Of FearLocation: In a deep, dark corner of the universe, plotting. PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:30 pm
    —
I have just read the first 9 chapters. I just have to say tht this is the absouletly most disgusting thing I have ever read. I can't even imagine Phang and Lordy together doing those... things*. Surprised

Still, it is massively entertaining. :biggrin:

*Well, i can imagine it quite well actually.

City of IF -> Good vs Evil vs money!

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1