April Spotlight Competition - Author's Acceptance
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> Auditorium Archives

#1: April Spotlight Competition - Author's Acceptance Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 am
    —
Hey all!

That's right, the next Spotlight Competition is coming up in April and any storygame that's stickied at that time we go to poll will have the chance to earn their own forum and spend time on the frontpage!

And for all those storygames not yet stickied, there's still time for you to get to work and earn your place in the vote. There is a number of you who just need another chapter to qualify.

Remember we're looking for Storygames that have :

• Chapters submitted on a regular basis (2 chapters every 3 months)
  • Chapter length of approximately 1000 to 2000 words
  • High standard of spelling, grammar and punctuation
  • Spaces between paragraphs
  • A decision point at the end of the chapter
  • Subsequent chapters written based on the outcome of each poll.

There's several authors very close!

And quick reminder to some who are already stickied - we expect you to maintain the standard to keep it, i.e at least a chapter every 3 months. Wouldn't want you to lose the sticky before the next vote!

Happy Writing Smile

#2:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 am
    —
Here we have currently qualified Storygames - authors can put their acceptance or decline in early.

There are some more Storygames that could still be eligible for this competition if a chapter is put in soon. This post will be updated with new Stickies if/when they qualify between now and April.

Last edited by Smee on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total

#3:  Author: D-LotusLocation: Hollywood, USA PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 pm
    —
Some interesting choices among these. By the way, is it realistic to expect that I read all the nominated stories before I vote, or is it ok to vote for a story I like even though I haven't really read any of the other stories? Just wondering, because last time I sat this out since I didn't feel I could make a truly informed decision.

#4:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:35 pm
    —
It's asked that you read the exerts (which will be posted up as the poll goes up) and one chapter from each that goes to poll. There's no guarantee all these will accept a place in the poll. The last spotlight had a similar number of qualifiers and only 3 went through.

#5:  Author: LebrenthLocation: Utah PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 am
    —
I'll decline for Made In Taiwan. I'd like to see one of the other stories I'm following make it into the spotlight. Very Happy

#6:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:51 am
    —
Two more Storygames have become eligible for the Spotlight competition. Smile

#7:  Author: ChoKibaLocation: Somewhere between life and death, post Nano PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 am
    —
Alright, now that I actually have the third chapter up, I'd actually like to accept!

#8:  Author: Tikanni CorazonLocation: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!). PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:27 am
    —
I decline for Fathom, but I'm still thinking about SparkleSteps, so I'll get back to you with that one.

Though it is brilliant to have both my SGs in the Spotlight! Wink

#9:  Author: Tikanni CorazonLocation: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!). PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:16 am
    —
Right, thought about it for all of an extra hour, and... *can't believe she's doing this*... due to the constant nagging of my persistant lil' sis, I... accept... for SparkleSteps. Even though it put me in harms way for a thorough pride smashing, to which I will have a bedroom to match, if that turns out to be the case. Wink

#10:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:47 am
    —
Yet another Storygame qualifies for Spotlight! Check out the revised list.

Voting will begin in mid-April, so there is still plenty of time to have your storygame ready, or if you're already stickied, to post your acceptance. Smile

#11:  Author: ShillelaghLocation: Kansas PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:03 am
    —
Heh, it makes me feel like the young, impulsive upstart, but... what have I got to lose? I'll accept.

#12:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:24 am
    —
Much as I'm tempted to accept, I am going to decline this time, as I must concentrate on getting Magician's Touch finished.

Smile

#13:  Author: Kalanna RaiLocation: The Frozen North PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:44 pm
    —
I'm torn really. On one hand I'd like to give others a shot. On the other, it might be nice to see Immortals make something of itself.

I'll accept, even if it means being a fool in April.

City of IF -> Auditorium Archives

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1