Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Favorite SG moments

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Favorite SG moments Reply with quote

I'm feeling nostalgic today, and I've been trying to think up a new storygame, so I started to think on the best moments of the past. Join me and add your post here! Start with your favorite part of an SG you were writing (if any), and follow with your favorite moment in an SG that you were participating in (if any).

Favorite Author Moment:
Heroes Never Panic. Warders' Riddle DP. Captain Taggert was warned that if he wanted to join the Warders, he would have to answer a riddle. I used history from the Crimean War to make the readers try to figure out the answer for the Captain. Dragonfire very aptly answered the riddle and provided explanations why she thought it was correct. I was very pleased to see how brilliantly she worked it out; a challenge well met.

Favorite Reader Moment:
Magician's Touch lured me in and I would have very little rest as I pieced together the puzzle. Each new character adding their story to the mystery had to sit before me to be cross-examined over and over as I reread the chapters. The timeline unfurled, and I compared notes. I drew my aim on Magnus and demanded answers, only to have the mystery sink deeper than I could reach. With charm and poise, the story elicited a rare and profound intrigue.

Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Author Moment: Having my story critiqued by the critics from Hell... thanks Lebby! While ruthless, it did help a great deal. I was told I needed to improve on my characterization of the two children that were central to the story. As a result, I spent some time developing them in the next few chapters and I thought it was going quite well. (I'll have to get back and finish that one someday!) (As a side note... I also enjoyed the numerous ties I've had with Lebrenth here when my stories were up for SGOTM and IFy's...)

Favorite Reading Moment: Finding out how entertaining and comedic a story about being a restless Undead could be while reading the first chapters of Tired of Death by Chinaren. Who knew you could make a Beholder into a comedy character? Or a mysterious wizard with striped socks into a nemesis? Great tale that one!

Nice to have ya' back Lebby!

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Klafarius
Resident

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Author Moment:
Standing at work realizing that the sentence going through my head for the last two hours would make an excellent start to my first Story Game. "Whoever said war was an honorable and commendable profession should have his honorable and commendable ass shot, and with the day Jack had he was perfectly ready to pull the trigger." I guess it was.

Favorite Reading Moment:
Reading the first Story Game whose title sounded interesting. "The Greatest Fantasy Story Ever by Thracia Alba" I spent the next couple of days reading through the chapters thoroughly enjoying Cleo's and her friends misadventures and reading the various ideas readers had come up with along the way to forward the story. Only then to reach the abrupt and unfinished ending and realizing that this awesome story probably would never be finished. I took this to heart before endeavoring in my own Story Game because I do not want my stories to end up filed away, unfinished or forgotten.

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo. Favourite author moment:
Watching The Hangover run away with itself as its collaborative authors got into their own (and in some cases other people's) parts.

Favourite reading moment:
Catching up on the first 8 chapters of D-Lotus's Confession Box. My only regret was that I didn't get to it sooner; I was only able to play 'live' for the next two chapters before the story was wound up and finished somewhat prematurely. But such is RL, I guess! Smile
sparta12
Honored Citizen

Topics: 28

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favourite Author Moment:
Finishing my Storygame "Virtual" after 20 chapters at the age of 14. It was the first story I had ever finished and it had taken close to 16 months to complete.

Unfortunately I don't have a Favourite Reader Moment as I have been terrible at staying with the stories I have par-taken in.
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Author Moment:

I would have to say hopping into Hangover with the rest of the amazing authors here when I first joined. It was... well shall we say, quite an introduction to the ways of IF.

Favorite Reading Moment:

Watching the smallest and most innocent of things being perverted in Wrath. C'ren will always have it. Razz

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Author Moment: Finishing Underdark. I still havn't edited it into something more fluid yet due to the trama suffered during the original writing.

Favorite Reader Moment: Getting snagged into the wild world of 'No Good Deed' one of my favorite pieces of writing on the site. Shady, if you're out there I miss ya.

"Music makes you braver."
kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, all this sounds kind of cool. I'm not really going to add anything at this time, as I'm not sure yet what exactly my favorite moments are yet. Smile

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: