Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Confession Box- Cast of Characters and Plot summary

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Confession Box - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Confession Box- Cast of Characters and Plot summary Reply with quote

Note: The following is a cast of character, for the purpose of clarification. The plot sypnosis will be coming soon. Do not read if you want to start from Chapter 1.

Cast of Characters

Father Devine- The 'hero' of the story, a benevolent but fallible priest who tries to help the townsfolk of his town to the best of his ability.

Father Turner- A malicious priest who can barely hide his scorn of the world, and inside whom something unknown brews, perhaps the cause of his resentment and his priestly vocation.

Father Dole- A simple man, the youngest of the three priests, and very religiously bound. The God-inspired words of the bible are his guide to life, and not a step without them. He enjoys the simple pleasures of life.

Andy McDonough- A prominent townsman and a man with a great reputation who is being coerced by Father Turner and throughout the story, he is troubled and prone to changes in mentality.

Alice McDonough- Andy's proud and sophisticated wife, who he brought from the city.

Abigail McDonough- Andy's younger daughter who is an unsatisfied nun. She envies her sister's marriage and recieves help from Devine.

Joan McDonough- Andy's elder daughter, whom Abigail envies. She never adopted her husband's name.

Nick Morris- Joan's husband.

Mick- The town drunkard, who hates his wife as much as his wife apparently hates him. She is a sour woman, and he a disillusioned man in search of an escape, but he always relapses into drink and failure.

Debbie- Mick's wife, a sour, biting woman. Lately, she has changed with the prospect of re-establishing her marriage. Devine has promised to help, but as things begin to look better, Debbie is murdered.

Jeanne- Mick's daughter; a pretty and hardworking girl of eighteen who has become a family friend of the McDonough's. She takes care of her parents as much as she can.

Edward Conolly- A young man in plight. He has relations with Anne Clarke and makes her pregnant. His future comes into stake- shall he marry the girl, or continue on his expensive studies? In the end, he chooses to marry, contrary to his father's wishes.

Anne Clarke- Edward's newly-wed wife. She believes in the power of love to make their marriage succeed.

Jack- The son of the mayor, who was involved in the love triangle between Anne and Edward. He wished to marry Anne, but is denied his wish.

Tim- The mayor, whom Andy McDonough once ran against before he dropped out, and who has since to be challenged.

Jim Taggert- Handyman, gets paid to repair the church. He owns two dogs who destroy Dole's garden. A simple villager, although his name is a reference to Captain Taggert, from Heroes Never Panic.

Frank- Jim's morose assistant. He is in love with Jeannie, but he spends his nights at the pub drinking his heart out.

Phineus- A crazy old wanderer who scorns any religion but his own invented one. A guest at Andy's house, who he defends and helps. He is a dissenting preacher- a wise and likeable man, but not friendly to the priestly case.

Joseph- the muleteer who found the victim's body and who was later unethically questioned by Dole.

O'Hara- Homosexual man who seeks Devine's help. He is inlove with Turner and resposible for the midnight knocking.

Setting- Ireland, Early 1900's.

Decision Point- Decide for Devine how to help his confessants.

Quick Plot- Coming Soon.

Enjoy! Very Happy

Last edited by D-Lotus on Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:10 pm; edited 30 times in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
which there is a short climb

was

Quote:
its housing inclined towards both sides

I don't think inclined really is the right word here, though I can't think of another just now for some reason.

Quote:
but looking and seemingly trying to climb to the top.

I know what you are trying to say here, but this sentence doesn't work for me. It seems a bit unwieldy.

Quote:
Heads peeked out reticently, and others boldly shot out to take a long stare at me

Cautiously might be a better word here.
but is perhaps a better watchacall it, conjunction thingy.

Quote:
They orderly rose in height, each surfacing

A bit muddled. Maybe:
they rose in height in an orderly fashion.

Anyway, an atmospheric start. I will wait to see where it leads. (I purposely skipped your blue part, I don't want to know the plot idea.) Very Happy
Roain

Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinaren wrote:

I will wait to see where it leads.

Same for me!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Confession Box - COMPLETE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: