Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IFQuirer Issue 3. Sep 06.

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Info Street - FAQs and Guides to the City -> IFquirer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: IFQuirer Issue 3. Sep 06. Reply with quote

Issue.3 Sep 2006 Price: 0Fables.

Election Special

Hunt for new Mayor as Smee steps down.

The second Mayoral Election is warming up, as the incumbent announced he would not be running for a second term in office.

Smee said he had enjoyed his time in the Mayoral mansion, but it was time to get back to what he does best, which this reporter took to mean stalking the more dubious areas of the City late at night. Indeed, figures out for the last half year show large increases in poverty levels in Muaddib District, as business in the area reported record losses.

Several contenders immediately jumped on the campaign bandwagon, with Saxon being the first to announce he would run, followed shortly by ChiaCutie.

After some delay, Chinaren Inc. also announced that Chinaren would throw his hat into the ring and step forward to walk the walk.

Already there has been several people enter the debating chamber, presumably looking for the restrooms, who have asked several piercing questions such as: What will you offer to the City? What about Fables? and Can you direct me to the nearest convenience?

This intrepid reporter took to the streets and posed four penetrating questions to all three candidates.

Here are the responses, unedited and unadulterated, as you can probably tell in the case of the first respondent:

advertisement:
Saxon:

What would be your main goals for IF as Mayor?
my main goials as mayor would be to please the public.
i hope to tackjle the rate of rissing inflation by providing more things for the public to purchase, lowering inflation and expanding commerce and buisness competition as well as making the site more apealing to those with special skills which will earn them profits.
If this fails or will take longer then my term as mayor to implement i will raise the issue of lowering the amount of fables earned via posting this will make money more valuable and help decrease the rate of inflation as well as make it more profitable for the citizens of IF to make more in depth posts.

I also hope to bring back some of the older and more expirienced members of IF who can help the newer people, i hope to do this by offering incentives and positions of seniority to make their presence and expertise feel apreciated.

What policy on IF, if any, do you think needs to be urgently reviewed?
i dont think any policy of IF really needs urgent review, we are a relatively up to date site so our policies arent out dated and if there was a major problem a citizen would bring it to the attentions of a council member and the policy would be reviewed. However as was raised earlier we could enforce the warning on storygames which contain explicit content better.

What do you think of the new IF design?
i dont like nore dislike the new designs of IF but I am afraid that we are trying to bring more people to the city purely based apon the looks of the site rather then its content and reason for construction, this is bad because we would end up with a group of IFians with no real interest in what the site has been constructed for.

Do you have anything to say to your fellow candidates?
As for my other candidates, i wish them the best of luck in their endevours and i know that whomever wins their efforts as mayor will only be to improve the city and make it a better place for all of us so I dont carew who wins, i see them as fellow citizens who strive to better our great city rather then opponents in some game.

Next we ask the same questions to our beloved:

Chinaren:

What would be your main goals for IF as Mayor?

I don't wish to really change the site in any great way, that is more Kingky's job anyway. However, I think a review of the current Mods may be in order. Some of them seem to have disappeared lately, and we need people who are 'up to date' to look after the key city areas.

Basically I want the city to run well and smoothly. It goes without saying I am pro-Fable, and would like to see more use of them in some areas, to enhance the IF experience, whilst still remembering what we are all about.

I don't think any policy is in urgent need of review. However, I will be looking closely at the new Promotion process and making sure it is working, perhaps make a tweak here and there.

Overall I quite like it, but I think the front page needs to be expanded a little. The main Story forums are not obvious enough as is I think. Some small graphics next to each main section would also be nice.

Some have said that I am the leading candidate. I won't comment on that except to say I am not taking either of my fellow candidates lightly. Both are active citizens of the city, and both have valid contributions to make.

I wish them the best, and if I don't win I will support whoever does.

advertisement
Lastly, but certainly not leastly:

Chiacutie.

[b]What would be your main goals for IF as Mayor?

Hmm, to help the city to the bets of my ability-and to make the site more enjoyable, and more convenient (although its pretty good right now of course)

Hm, well I think that late fees on the sg space rentage is something to be addressed ASAP, but it isn't an emergency.

Hmm, well to tell you the truth it makes me dizzy-at least the font page does. I really like the new headbar though I think tis crazy good.

Um, good luck... I don't know what else to say.

Finally, Key was too busy to give an interview, but his press office did issue the following statement:

I just want to say that there's no truth whatsoever to the rumor that Smee was hounded out of office by ravenous dogs after a failed attempt at a coup.

Further news on the coup attempt next issue. Smee has so far evaded this reporter, but any comments by the outgoing mayor will be added as and when.

In other news...

Chinaren is One!

Chinaren has turned one! Yes, that's right! Our Orange friend has been on IF for one year! In a typical show of generosity for which he is rightly famed, he has a free competition in the Open forum with big fable prizes! Entry time is now extended!

First Political Party Officially Launched!

Leggy has launched IFs first political party! Check out the New Horizon manifesto here!

First up!

The new Promotion process has spat out the first victim! Argo's SGame, Scrapyard, the first ever all visual SGame, has been thrust into the Jester Park. Go there and chuckle now!

Spotlight on: Monster in the Shadow

Saxon's story may well be known to you all. It's been in Skiffiville for a while now as it was voted SGotM January 2005, almost a year ago.

A year is a long time, yet we cannot entirely blame this slow story on sax's idolatrous nature. In fact, a sudden reader fall-out is partly guilty. After its SGotM win, this story was largely overlooked.

Understandably, Sax's story may not please many people because of its horrendous spelling and grammar, which has been proclaimed its own language by some, but most don't understand the heart of this storygame.

Sax reflects his own life story inside Monster in the Shadow, alluding to his ideal existence. The setting is Perth, Australia, and the characters are of Ukranian descent.

At first,you may think that the simple story of a teenager with a crush on a popular girl, would quickly turn into one of metamorphosis and super powered army men.

Olesh, the main character, discovers that he has an inner monster which grants him superior strength. It turns out to be a family secret, and Olesh becomes part of a underground organization to protect humanity. Our hero grows into an impressive figure, and the popular girl of his desires begins to find him interesting. However Olesh has to struggle with his old nature and his new powers: The monster inside him.

He is an intricate character, and basically a cool guy. His adventures and struggles with girls are entertaining and interesting to read, and offer insight into the writers own personal world. I would rate Olesh as the story's best asset.

In Sax's last chapter, I noticed a great improvement in his spelling and grammar, so that the story becomes more flowed and easier to read. The story is an Odyssey of reading, but the enjoyment of it overcomes the barrier. I recommend this story to mature teenagers (there is one mildly explicit chapter), and also to oldies.

With more reader participation, I'm sure this storygame will improve in quality and chapter productivity. Enjoy!

Review by D-Lotus.

Roundup.

Double whammy!

For the first time in recorded history the SGotM winner is actually two winners. In a show of lethargy by the voters, both Chinaren's 'First Against the Wall' and whatever the blooming hell Lordy's title is, both took four votes. Geek Girl's new one came close behind.

New nominations are now being taken, so get down and get involved!

Jez destroys all comers.

In the linear SG comp newcomer and recently promoted Mod JezSharp destroyed the opposition to take the title. This despite an innovative short by Chinaren.

Advertising!
Do you wish to advertise your SGame in IQ? Please submit your inquiries to the editor

IQ needs you!
So you think you can write? If so, please contact the editor for submission rules.
Articles and in-depth reviews of any Sgames welcomed!

Last edited by Chinaren on Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:45 am; edited 5 times in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...

can everyone see the two advertisements and the 'Spotlight' logo? I can't see them when not logged in. Confused
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Topics: 31

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they don't show up when I'm logged out either
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> IFquirer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: