Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Episodes 2-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Fabled Island - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Smudger
Citizen

Topics: 4

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Well, when I die guess I won't be able to take part anymore Sad , dying sucks big time. Well, guess I'll have to buy a new character that won't be voted to be killed off. HA!! I'll still be here just give me time to save up all my little fableses....
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Chia
Quote:
Lawrence pats the neck of his donkey as he walks alongside him down the road.

“You’re supposed to ride them,” Chia says brusquely as she passes him on her donkey, riding sidesaddle.

“That’s ok, I want him to get used to me first,” he replies. “Did you find anything out?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Chia says smartly. In truth the islander who sold the donkey to her seemed to be immune to her charms, and besides upsetting her, she found out nothing from him except the donkey’s name is Koko.

You do have a donkey - named Koko.

I voted to kill the person contributing the least actually. Now I think of it though, if you died we could have stolen your stuff. Maybe I should have voted for you.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Smudger wrote:
That was one of Lebby's options!!! Use alternative source....Freebooters!!As I was taught by one of my friends, when you get screwed over, deal with it. My response to all this Lawrence hating is....Meh.

Ah, but it wasn't in the poll. I would likely have voted for it.

And... nothing personal Smudgey. We all still love you, really. I mean, we will give you a decent burial* and everything.

Quote:

*Pushing someone into the sea is decent isn't it?

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept your explanation, China. It was well elaborated, a real save.

There were a number of 'other methods' that could have been used, and were mentioned before anybody but me had voted, but unfortunately, they weren't included in the poll.

Smudger suggested, for example:

Quote:
Can't we just go get a fish or something and leave it for the cat to get while we wait?

Quote:
You mean the blood of the freebooters! Good idea! Why didn't you mention it earlier?

Well, I mentioned it here before:

Quote:
Especially when we could have just used the body of one of the freebooters, or something.

Anyway, besides all this, the point is that if everyone had voted the conscientuous option, then Lawrence would have been saved. And don't tell me all of your characters are bloody killers without scruples.

Now there is going to be a great mistrust among all the characters in the story. After all, if Lawrence got wiped out, who's to say that that you won't be next? If Leb allowed it, I would most probably have my character and Father Charly run away from you loonies. Mad

Ah well, sorry Smudger. Sad If you're interested, out of my great empathy, I'll refund your character.

Last edited by D-Lotus on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
chiacutie

Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordofthenight wrote:
Actually Chia
Quote:
Lawrence pats the neck of his donkey as he walks alongside him down the road.

“You’re supposed to ride them,” Chia says brusquely as she passes him on her donkey, riding sidesaddle.

“That’s ok, I want him to get used to me first,” he replies. “Did you find anything out?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Chia says smartly. In truth the islander who sold the donkey to her seemed to be immune to her charms, and besides upsetting her, she found out nothing from him except the donkey’s name is Koko.

You do have a donkey - named Koko.

I voted to kill the person contributing the least actually. Now I think of it though, if you died we could have stolen your stuff. Maybe I should have voted for you.

Oh goody! I can be wrong! And I guessed that you had voted to kill me because.... Well, you seem to hate me with the passion of a thousand scones (havent heard me say that in a while, eh?)

Smudgey dont worry ill make sure we bury you nice.

*starts collecting lilies*
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Topics: 9

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
bloody killers without scruples

Umm... yes? You called?

Remember, my character is a pit fighter. He beats people to death for a living, probably for a lot less than this cat is worth.

Completely in character. Cold, calculating, oppurtunist deviod of consciene and remorse.

I like him.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Smudger
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: tre Reply with quote

No worries D, from the amount of times I've posted on this I have been refunded anyway Wink .
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a lot of commenting. I don't think I'll address everything, but just a few things I hope I have the credibility to express. I am absolutely committed to the integrity of my stories. I do not ignore polls to serve my vision of the story. Chinaren and Lordofthenight have followed my stories and they know that I do not back down from a difficult vote. Look what happened to Captain Taggert! (Please do, I would love more participants)

I believe that the participants should have as much control of the story as I can give them because it is the interactivity that makes storygames superior to normal stories. And when I lose the respect of my players, they won't believe me when I write "The next move you make may end your life." Right now everyone in the story is feeling mortal because one of you has died. You also know that you have the power to take a life if you desire.

Will there be consequences? Of course! But they are the consequences you chose for yourself. I even warned you that once you start killing each other, you may find yourself dead next. So be it. This is your story, you live it.

I am impressed with everyone participating in this SG because they're all in character. Even the complaints are in character. Complaints are welcome, as are debate and wild decisions. The only thing I'm worried about now is civility. We're all just part of a storygame. As long as we remember that, we'll enjoy ourselves. Even getting killed can be an interesting experience. Maybe no one else has noticed, but the comments between characters is worthy of story, with D-Lotus taking the path of morality, Chinaren justifying hisself, Lordy and Jack smiling evilly, Chia inflammed with rantings while Smudger stands there like Eeyore taking all of the real abuse; all the while Kalanna Rai stands back and watches the fireworks. Everyone is giving me so much to work with; it's exciting seeing everyone's reactions.

The next chapter is coming soon, ready or not. We're just getting started here and I'm looking forward to the next chapters.

Welcome To Purgatory - current storygame
Please visit my Library of completed works.
Smudger
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Lebby.....Can I buy another character sometime or can I sponsor someone? I'll sponsor either D's or Lordy's character if I can't gte a new one.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Smudger stands there like Eeyore taking all of the real abuse

ROFL
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Smudger wrote:
Lebby.....Can I buy another character sometime or can I sponsor someone? I'll sponsor either D's or Lordy's character if I can't gte a new one.

Yep, you can get right back in. Choose the one you want to sponsor and send 70 Fables. If only I could explain to everyone on the outside how easy it is to join.

Welcome To Purgatory - current storygame
Please visit my Library of completed works.
chiacutie

Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I decided, for reasons beyond my knowing, to be *gasp* nice !!!!!!! The horror!

I donated him 70 fables for his reentry. Very Happy

ANyways, I liked the way you worded that, btw "Inflamed rants"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think Ill get even more into charactor from now on.... Kinda fun!

Just no one take it too far. In drama we have to wear our costumes around the school if we have a main part. Theentire day. To get in charactor. So dont do that. Bad idea, since i believemost of you work...

Smudgey can be Eeyore!!! Yehhhhh!!!
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Smudge looks like I lied, you are going to die soon. Only I'm not the one killing you and it's not you being killed.

Too bad but I am an assassin after all and must condone (shock, gasp) murder. Besides it makes it interesting although I'm going to have to keep a close eye on Jen from now on.

Tisk tisk looking forward to seeing your new character re-join the party. Hopefully he won't incurr the hatred of the rest of us like Larwrence did.

"Music makes you braver."
Smudger
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

No new character Sad .....Sponsoring D's character instead Sad . Wish I could have another character and maybe Lebby will leave an opportunity later but I like D's just now so I can wait and participate for now Very Happy .
chiacutie

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanypants! And Im the one who paid for it.. Wink just teasing!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Fabled Island - COMPLETE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: