IFQ IFki
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

City of IF -> IFquirer

#1: IFQ IFki Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm
    —
The IFQ now has its own Wiki on the IF page to check it out ( or if your one that has the credentials to change something on it ) check it out here

#2:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:29 pm
    —
Fantastic work. Very Happy

#3:  Author: KeyLocation: The Royal Palace PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:21 pm
    —
Wow, quite impressive Kang.

Thumbs Up

#4:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:26 pm
    —
Wow! when not only the Mayor but the King himself gives props ... well.. i am a bit humbled at the props but thank you

#5:  Author: ThunderbirdLocation: Rising from the ashes PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:39 pm
    —
Nice! This is fantastic Kang! It's great to have further historic records for the ages... I mean... who knows, in 2082, this might be real powerful history here! It even helps us now to see just how much we've already evolved since the IFQ began... good work.

#6:  Author: Crunchyfrog PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:59 pm
    —
Excellent job, Kang!

Clapping

#7:  Author: SmeeLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:03 am
    —
Some general comments for anyone looking to help update the Wiki :

• Linking to anything on the wiki itself doesn't need a full http:// type address. Simply find the name of the page (the very top line of every page) and put it in [[ ]].

So Kang's page would be [[User:Kang|Kang]]. Note that I use the | symbol to seperate the address and what I want the link to say.

• If you're linking to a page in the City forums themselves, then you do need to use a full url address. Then you simply use 1 set of square brackets, and a space like this :

[http://www.cityofif.com City of If]

This will link to the City of If showing a link looking like this : City of If

• Avoid using the header with the single equals sign like this : = Header =. Always use == Header== as your main header, and continue downwards from there. Subheadings would be ===Subheading===.

• Look out for things you can link in your, or any article you're reading. But don't go overboard. If something is mentioned many times in just a few sentences, only one of them need be made a link. Any word you see that is a key word of IF, such as Storygame, Fables or Fatbacks, SGoTM, and other jargon, make sure it is linked back to the appropriate page.

• If such a page doesn't exist - make it!

• Bullet point lists are real easy on wiki. Just put a * before any line you want to have a bullet point. They are a nice way to format lists.

Happy Ifki'ing[/list]

#8:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 pm
    —
Thank you for the advice Smee i will be sure to keep that in mind if and when i do another IFki in the future

#9:  Author: LilithLocation: Happily curled up in a Daemon's lap PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:25 pm
    —
WOW! That's ...

All I have to say is "Wow!" Kang. I know how irritating coding is and getting together an informative but fun to read article with it? Takes a lot of patience.

My props to you. (This is usually done with a presentment of arms, but it seems an evil cat has stolen mine.. and it's really late.)

#10:  Author: AmichanLocation: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:36 am
    —
it did take a lot of patience to learn Wiki coding that i have never even worked with. much less trying remembering CSS coding for Myspace when i make changes there and phpbb coding for the IFQ so over all my hasn't exploded yet ( which is quite a surprise)

#11:  Author: scissorkittyLocation: Escaping the Hair Lair PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:33 pm
    —
WOW, this looks excellent! I know nothing about coding, so i'm doubly impressed! And you even included by meagre reign as editrix. Smile Awesome!

City of IF -> IFquirer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1