Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
What am I to do?

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Gallant
Citizen

Topics: 14

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: What am I to do? Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm thinking about joining the armed forces. Seriously thinking about it, don't talk to me about 'just jumping in there'. I know the risks and how much time it'll take away from me.

I'm mostly interested in PTI (Personell Training Instructor.) Maybe something along those lines, like Physiotherapist or what not. Just wondering what you guys thought and where I should look into it. I've got a choice of the RAF, Marines or the Navy. I ain't joining the Army!
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's not the worst decision you could make. You say you've thought it through and if you think you could be happy going there then that's fine. I've actually thought about joining the army as a vet (animal doctor, that is, not veteran) once I'm qualified.

Tea Cures All.
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Topics: 59

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some friends of mine are considering joining as well. Its very open to accepting families, so that's nice- something to keep in mind, anyway. The airforce might be nice, as you'd be stationed somewhere a little more permanent- and especially if you weren't one of the airborn... you wouldn't be asked to actually FIGHT anywhere. You'd maybe be moved to an active base, but it's not like you'd be asked to be a gunner if they were short staffed! Laughing
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Topics: 17

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say I hope you are not just joining for the money, or the benefits and all that, but because you love your country. Not that you don't (and not everyone has to), but IMO, there is no other reason for joining. Everything else should be secondary--again, just my opinion.

I've met a Marine and a Seaman, and have both had Army and Navy in my family. Based on the very limited experiences I have had with those people (as it pertains to their military character), if I had to choose, I would go with Navy.

Sector 17 -- Rebuilding... ... ...

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter--bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter
And because it is my heart."  -- Stephen Crane

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I know nothing about this really, I would have said why not jion a SWAT team, that be cool. I've always loved writing about them, learned too much in my time about them, I was born in 1990 anyway... My dad was in the army, but he left later and I don't think I like the army anyway. I never could sit through an army story or fliek. So ya, it's your choice don't let anyone else make that choice for you.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: