Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Change

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Change Reply with quote

If you could change your username to anything what would it be.

Mine would be "Dipstick" reminding me of my first doll that was a "My little pony" Very Happy Or "Flopsy, Mopsy or Cottontail" the first kids story I watched written by the "Potter lady" that was about Peter The Rabbit. She that writes kids stories and draws the pictures of the animals, she had schitzophrenia, so I've watched every story ever based on her and the stories she has written that turned into a film. Smile And I also watched "Sybil" and "A beautiful mind". I've watched every schitzophrenia story I could to understand it, but fate is that I have the name christalnightshade, and I don't know why I chose it in the first place, I guess it's after doing various research about the plant called nightshade, and then also me being called christal. Smile

What would yours be?
vgmaster
Resident

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am vgmaster831. It's not just a username, it's an identity.
-TheLifeofaBinder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like "kivandro" use to be mine
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I register on a new site my choice tends to depend on whatever mood I happen to be in at the time. But it usually reflects something about me or my interests, and / or the nature of the site I've joined, to help me remember what the hell it is.

For example Crunchyfrog is the name of a Monty Python sketch - I could equally have chosen Spam (but I don't think anyone would have taken me seriously!)

Other usernames I've chosen have included references to my birthmonth or physical appearance in one of the gaelic languages, references to my hobbies and interests, or nicknames based on my RL surname.

I am rather like next door's cat - known by a different name in every place. Smile

Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm more of a person who doesn't stick to one name really. My favourite name I chose on a site, was Lady_Baneheart_Of_Blades, I also have a name called, greensmiley, and well thing that I like, It's mostly games or things that I like that I choose names from, like vampire mascarade, So I get use to the names and I don't forget the place I was at usually, like the critic circle I was once at but forgot my email I used for it, then I came back with a new name, which ofcourse is kivandro, and in absolute write is kivandrohex (reminding me of my fav anime show character in MegasXLR)
Scheherazade
Resident

Topics: 2
Location: Land of Rain and More Rain (but really southwestern BC, in Canada)

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would change; once I actually manage to think up a decent username, I tend to stick with it through as many sites as possible. I tend to be rather choosy about names, though, because names are important; each username is another mask we put on, even if it's similar to the other masks we call our real personality...

I chose this one because it reflects my three main interests - music, literature, and teaching. I'm sure many of you know the character from the book 1001 Nights, also known as Arabian Nights; I'm guessing not that many of you know of Rimsky-Korsakov's symphonic suite written about Scheherazade, other than the links in my signature, but that may be uncharitable of me.

Here is Scheherazade
by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
Zeke
Resident

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some pretty stupid user names before. I had one that had an innappropriate double meaning that didn't occur to me when I created it. Anything I thought was clever got pretty old after a month or two.

I just went with something nondescript this time.
snow tiger
Resident

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would choose something Gaelic. I tend to learn towards History in the username department. It doesn't really make much of a difference if the history is Fantasy(or is it fantastic?) or not.
Something like 'Ereanne' or 'Pokarekare' even Poccahontas.
Add a chapter   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: