Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Personal Pages.

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Personal Pages. Reply with quote

Umm... I think this suggestion might have been raised before but anyway, Im too lazy to find that thread...

Isnt it possible to make sure that every member of IF has his own personal page where he can post anything that he wishes to.. about his favourite music, songs, films or ANYTHING at all?!

Or would it be better if we started The IF Blogs?!

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

misterbiz
Horror Mod

Topics: 50

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of that idea...both ideas actually
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I think it would make IF better.

Thats all...

Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, guys, thats what the City! was supposed to be all about. I'm not sure its working quite as well as designed, however, and takes some serious moderating to make work too. So I have been wanting to put together a forum for this in the City Center. But before that happens, I want to get the recent posts links divided between SG posts and Everything else. Ingro's done well to estalbish that already but he hasn't posted the links anywhere so I don't know if he's got more in store there where programming is concerned or not.

Anyhow, this is under development so just sit back for a moment and it'll manifest. A watched pot never boils y'all Wink

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Emperor
Citizen

Topics: 29

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are interested, in The City section of the site, I have a thread going just for blog style posts. Though it should be noted that it is not what is being suggested here, as in a individual page for the individual person for their individual posts. But if anyone is interested in posting their blog style writings it is called Musings and Meanderings.
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Musings and Meanderings is not quite what I was thinking... Ive seen that before, obviously. Its like different users posting different posts under the same thread.

I was thinking of One "blog" for each author, so if I wanted to see your blog, I could go your profile and click on "IF Blog" or something. Something like a Facebook Wall.

Another way could be that once I click on your username it takes me to your Personal Page and not Profile Information (once the pages features are added, of course). The profile Information could be incorporated inside the pages.

Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikas Muralidharan wrote:
Hmmm... Musings and Meanderings is not quite what I was thinking... Ive seen that before, obviously. Its like different users posting different posts under the same thread.

I was thinking of One "blog" for each author, so if I wanted to see your blog, I could go your profile and click on "IF Blog" or something. Something like a Facebook Wall.

Another way could be that once I click on your username it takes me to your Personal Page and not Profile Information (once the pages features are added, of course). The profile Information could be incorporated inside the pages.

I have been lobbying for this idea for the past couple weeks but it seems that the musings and meanderings is overriding this idea so i dont think that there will be much of a push for this anytime soon
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A forum or sub-forum might be nice for this... but I personally would like to wait until after the guilds are up and running before we create yet another section of the site. And I'd be opposed to having it called a blog and linking it to even more things- it's a thread about you that people comment on, nothing more. Besides, if you make it linked to the profile- worse, make it replace the profile- you're all but forcing them to use it whether they like it or not. I, for one, don't see the need for such a thing. I'm not opposed to the existance of such threads, but you're not about to see me make one for myself. As I recall, the "Musings and Meanderings" thread went over very poorly. If we can't even keep that busy, how will we fill up an entire forum?

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: