Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
NaNoWriMo

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: NaNoWriMo Reply with quote

So who's trying it this year. After my awesome 0 words last time I attempted, I am tempted to try it again. The only problem is that the new Call of Duty and the new Elder Scrolls both come out in November. While I would like to think I am above the temptation of video games, I am not. But who knows, maybe the games will suck.
Thunderbird
Elder

Topics: 104

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never do try nano... I find it a sad distraction for many IFians this time of year. Often we're getting moving again - though we're experiencing something different right now I think - and then Nano comes and we lose half of us to that and half of them never return.

And... hard to imagine the new elder scrolls sucking. Wink

CHAPTER 25: Near-Light Speed (NEW CHAPTER! (12/4/2011))
Zephyrrr! And...
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, NaNoWriMo.

I'm honestly torn on this one. I hate, hate, hate that it has to be in November. It's just not a good month. Ever. And if I don't know anyone locally, I'm not sure I'm going to have the motivation to keep going. Not unless I can figure out a good plot that is flexible enough for so much volume. I'm not a big fan of quantity over quality, so that's another strike in the 'ugh' column.

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!
Muaddib
Comrade

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might actually give it a go this time. Not expecting to finish though.

Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might give it a twist.... But sadly its all wringed out some days. Today I think I've been doing things that I don't even notice doing. Yesterday I walked a bit walked over to the mirror touched my hair and my mom and dad asked me why did I walk in and move the spray deodorant... Today I didn't kow how I scratched my upper lip... Three days ago I didn't know how my tongue got bit at two places.... I think I might just be zoning out while I imagine doing something else... Sad I don't want no suicide attempt in my line of thought... Sad so I'll be writing a story of a girl with tourette syndrome but the dangerous kind.... I guess...
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will DEFINITELY be participating again this year. And you know the best thing about the NaNo Rules? You can plan and plot about your book and characters and setting all you want any other time of the year... but you can't start writing the story until 12am, Nov 1st. But, for people like me that are control freaks (yes I'll admit it, shush those of you who know me too well), we can get every little detail we like all planned out and then work off of that when we start writing, which really helps out with the continuing process of writing, it really does.

Just like notecards for ciations when you're doing a college research paper makes the entire process MUCH smoother.

Any IFian is welcome to add me as a writing buddy on Nano's website, my handle there is Seniade.

Good luck everyone participating!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came to the conclusion while roaming the NaNo forums that only pretentious douche bags label their works as "Literary Fiction." On another note, I have just labeled my novel-to-be as Literary Fiction.

This year I am going to do it, I have decided. I came up with a great idea for a novel while at work today, so I'm going to take the next week to plan my writing as much as I am able. It is damn near against my religion to plan, but hopefully I will have something to get me started when the 1st rolls around.

Shockingly, my user name is HalfEmptyHero. I don't know what these writing buddy thingys are, but feel free to add me as well.
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My username is Muaddib. I assume we're allowed to do collaborations? If anyone wants to hash out a 10,000 word cheap lit novel with me please let me know.

As it so happens, I'm free for most of November. It's a once in a lifetime thing so maybe I will finish a novel this time. Here's hoping it's the next Harry Potter. I'll make some serious dough and retire in the Amsterdam red light district. Laughing

Could we maybe create a Cityofif wrimo group?

Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muaddib I'd be glad to write something with you! I have a publisher, but haven't sent anything in yet. My most favorite publisher is penguin group the top writers group is Dark Horse. I wonder what you are planning on writing? I'm also looking for someone to write stories with me. Very Happy
Vikas Muralidharan
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been scouting for authors to collaborate with, but I dont think NaNo is the best for me. Never been a quick writer...

Be sure to read HATE in Romance section Wink

Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a concrete idea. I was just going to do one of those school exercises where one person writes one chapter and the other writes the next and so on, without really following any guideline except to keep the continuity.
Shillelagh
Citizen

Topics: 20

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll just suck it up and do it. If nothing else, I'll just track my word count for my various projects over the course of the month. November isn't ever going to get any less obnoxious.

Ihniwid Chapter 5 is up- find it here!

Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun Muaddib
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try every year and in twenty minutes I'll start work on at least the first bit of my yearly entry.

"Music makes you braver."
kkdestiny
Mayor

Topics: 56

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*waves*

Hi. I'm doing nano.

Smile

"The Freedom of Magic" Just got its THIRD chapter up!

Hope you all find the time to read them Very Happy *goes off to look for an SG to read*

Note to self: The Elven Moon; Coin; SVI; Black Animals; Two Wolves; Angel Cat
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: