Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Chapter 15 - The hows and whys
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idea master

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Chapter 15 - The hows and whys  

What has happened before...
You, Thadius LaFontania, were on your way to the wizard's temple, when you saw an interesting little hut. When you entered it, you saw a strange little man who ran into a tunnel. When you followed him down, you found the lost city of Fae, the treasure of the God of Knowledge. When you followed the man further, you found a hospital of sorts. Inside you saw an amazing sight...your father, still alive. After saving his life, he wanted to be absent from you for a little time, then he requested your pesence. You hoped he would explain and anwser your questions. Then you entered his room and he started the convesation...
"Thadius! I'm relieved that you are still alive."
You can tell that this will not be easy for you or him. You sit down on a couch looking out a window.
"You knew, father. You knew where I was and what I was doing."
"That is true." He sits down next to you. "I suppose that you would like to know how..."
"...You're still alive?"
"That wasn't me that died that day. 'Twas a golem. Didn't you notice that the cermony was a closed casket one?"
"Yes."
"The golem was disentergrating at that point in time. I couldn't let the vampires see that."
"But why? Why did you persue me?"
"It wasn't easy for me. The wizards wanted my loyalty, or my body. So I had to go back. Seeing you almost destroyed me again, because I almost showed my sympathy. Even when I had to kill your..." he stops.
"You! You killed mother!" You stand up in rage at this statement.
"I had to! I also had to follow you onto your ship, kill your advisor, and incite the islanders to keep you moving..."
"Why?"
"The God of wizards had iron control over me..."
"But how did you survive being thrown off the ship?"
"This city...will take anyone...but only as many times as your have races in your viens."
"So the wizard in your viens saved you?"
"No, the vampire. I came here as an apprentice wizard so I could be a master wizard...All wizards must do this."
"So...what did the guide mean by a talisman?"
"The Pendant of Balence. You will need this to access the temple of knowledge."
He pulls out of his folded robes a small piece of metal on a cord. It has four different paints on it. White, black, green, and blue. "This medallion has uniqe personalites. Only the chosen one or one with a soul can wear this. So no worries. You fit both requirements."
You take it and put it around your neck. "But I lost my soul with my human part..."
"No, you didn't. You are special...unlike others, who lose their souls easily, you can't unless you really want to give it up."
"Things always seem to work out for me..."
"I know." He pauses. "I want you to know that you will not succede in your quest unless you bring along a wizard to help you open the last two doors."
"You mean...you'll come with me?"
"You'll also need to find the Cloak of the vampires. The last time it was seen was at the funeral of a king. It is likely to be on his body in the graves still...and I know which one."
"I thank you for your help...really. I would like some explinations on the road though."
"You'll get them."
You leave his room in the hospital, and then weep in the next room. You weep for your losses, and for your father. You weep that he fell under the sway of evil. You also hope that he won't infect you. You need to stay yourself for when you finally finish this quest.
Ambrosia

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

haha!
I'm first....haven't read it yet though.... :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject:  

Haha I'm firs.........drat.
Reader

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject:  

This is the best chapter so far. Did you make it up at the beginning or did you improviae?
Reiso

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject:  

Just popping in to say both this and the last chapter are definite improvements in the areas we've all been ragging on you about. It's always good when someone can take constructive criticism and actually use it in a constructive way. This story just keeps getting better.
Ravenwing

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject:  

I would have to agree with Reiso. Your chapters are definitely improving. Great work! :D
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject:  

Yep, they do get better everytime...which reminds me, my new chapter of Bushido got better too!!!! (I'm doing ads everywhere)

Storygames Home -> InterFable Stories - A Vampire's Quest - COMPLETE
Page 1 of 1