Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

Creatures On Request!
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Arena
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Masterweaver

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Creatures On Request!  

Creatures On Request! screams the neon sign.

You pause on your way to the Arena. Then, shrugging, you head in the small door. A short little... something looks up as you enter.

"Welcome to Creatures On Request, or the Arena C.O.R." It chuckles at its own little joke, and continues, "We're here to make whatever you want for your battles. At only fifty fables per cost point, you can have any creature at all! Simply request it, and we'll fill in the details."

It slides you a list and a pen, then looks at you expectantly.
D-Lotus

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject:  

I don't understand this. Can I have a cost 1, power 10 creature?
Masterweaver

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject:  

I'm sorry, but we work out the details. You could ask us for a spider an, but we would determine the cost.
D-Lotus

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

Who is we? And what stops me from creating the creature myself?
The Meaning Of Fear

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject:  

This isn't going to work, MW.

Might as well stop. You're wasting the precious gigabytes of which our city is built with...
Masterweaver

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject:  

Point. Still, if we can work out a few snags...

I'll leave this open for a bit, see what Key thinks of it.
Key

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject:  

I applaud the spirit and enthusiasm, but, like D, I'm not sure how this would work, given that anyone can create their own creatures.

There might be a market for making armies, though - putting together a combination of creatures that would play well together. But I would think people would only pay for those if they were made by someone with a reputation for playing well, for example our Arena Champion Lordy.

:-)
LordoftheNight

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

What's this? People want to give me fables now?

This topic just became a lot more interesting.
Crossfire

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject:  

Hmm... The idea of having prefabricated armies seems like a good idea, plus it ties in with the concept of 'sets', which was suggested earlier in another of the Arena threads.

Perhaps each Arena Designer could be allowed to create their own cards as a reward for long service, being admitted to the team or for exceptional work, which they could either sell for a high price or use in their own battles as work in addition to their contributions to cards made by the entire Arena Design Team.

Instead of the cost being paid to the Treasury or split amongst the entire group, Fable prices for these unique cards would be delivered directly to the creator's bank account.

Defeating a Designer in a private duel would allow you to select one of these cards to add to your own stash, but losing to them would cost you three cards of their choice, although only one of them could be of Rare frequency.

Although you could challenge them for high reward, the risks are great as well.

*belatedly realises that all of this should've been said in the Suggestions thread, but is unable to copy it and sees that the last post there is its own anyway*

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject:  

Looks like someone wants something to do with ASUR... Look at the asur forum. They are a forum for fighting, everything to do with it. You also write stories of how you fought with the others. Which was fun for me to do, because it was fun. Eventaully my account went missing and I had to start over. :)

Storygames Home -> Arena
Page 1 of 1