Free online storygaming

Previous Accomplishments
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Election March 09
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reiso

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Previous Accomplishments  

Quick question I thought of;

Again, in consideration of your previous mayor-ships, I would like each candidate to list what was accomplished in their previous tenure, and, when possible, provide links that demonstrate these accomplishments, or their lasting effects.

P.S. Smee, you have yet to answer the question I asked here.
Smee

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject:  

Hmmmm... I suppose when trying to choose between myself or Crunchy, this question may seem helpful. But I'm not sure what you're looking for. As we're making quite clear in this election, a mayor isn't supposed to accomplish anything except the smooth running of the city.

During my tenure, there were a number of incidents, one in particular that stands out, that had to be dealt with quickly and delicately, whilst maintaining what privacy for those involved we could. The one I spoke of became so potentially serious, Key had to phone me directly, so we could discuss how to deal with it. I would say that the fact only a couple of previous mayors know of what I speak works as evidence that it was dealt with well whilst ensuring the continued smooth running of the city

As for specific achievements around the city - I don't remember. It wasn't my idea, but it's possible the first IFy's were organised during my term, maybe a couple of new forums like Linear, Games etc were set up. I know a lot of work was put into the new storygame process, much of which has now been streamlined into an easier system.
Crunchyfrog

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject:  

Smee, you do yourself down. You and the Council of the time invented the New Storygame process and the Editors (later to be known as the Head Eaters) It has evolved greatly since its inception, but the fact that the system has stood the test of time is a tribute to your leadership as Mayor. :cool3:

There were several 'achievements' during my term, but as Mayor I only facilitated them - without the input and participation from others (and I'm not just talking about Council members) these would never have happened. The 2007 IFYs, the reorganisation of Info Street, the multiple storygames on the Front Page, the Standards and Warning guidelines are a few examples.

:)

Storygames Home -> Election March 09
Page 1 of 1