Free online storygaming

Chapters 3-5 Poll Archive
Click here to go to the original topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Storygames Home -> Sector 17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reiso

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject:  

Last chance to get your vote in, the poll closes tomorrow night!
Reiso

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject:  

I wanted to close this last night, but I am going to leave it open a little longer and see if the tie can be broken. Hopefully that won't take too long, but if it stays tied, I'll just have to figure something out.
Reiso

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject:  

Alright, the tie is broken! Thanks to Shillelagh for casting the tie-breaking vote. I will post a record of the poll here after closing it out. The winning vote was for everyone to head to the next colony, and let Kent worry about how he was going to get there on his own. I'll do my best to have Chapter 6 up within the next week to 10 days. Thanks again for your votes everyone.
Reiso

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, here as promised, the final poll results for Chapter 5:

What is the best rendezvous plan?

Take Keaton's dubiously risky offer to pick Kent up at their super conveniently secret hidden dock!
37% [ 3 ]

Make haste for the next colony. How Kent gets there is his own problem.
 50% [ 4 ]

Contrive a death defying attempt by Kent to somehow swim to the sub, possibly avoiding detection/pursuit by hostiles.
 12% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Who Voted: Crunchyfrog, D-Lotus, Emperor, Mastermind, Reiso, Shillelagh, Smee, Spaceponi
Reiso

Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject:  

So I am locking this topic. I will leave it up as a record for anyone interested in records of its kind, but I have decided that it isn't working the way I had intended. Mostly because I tend to be a little anal in the way I structure organization (despite being so inherently disorganized), I liked having a separate place for talking about each chapter and doing the polls. This was especially useful when I had to do multiple polls for a single chapter.

But there are some shortcomings to this that become more apparent as it goes on (which most of you have probably figured out already anyway), such as A) it adds a step to posting a reply, which in this ADD age is generally bad. B) the larger it gets, the more confusing it becomes to figure out which comments were for what chapters, which while only slightly confusing now, I can see becoming a much larger problem. Also, the whole process of posting the poll results was a little clunky and awkward, and it would be much preferable to simply close a poll without deleting it so the record is right there in the chapter.

So, back to the old conventional way. Discussion and polling will once again take place within their respective chapters. It's probably better that way anyway.

To help facilitate this, I performed a little forum trickery to "move" the recent posts for Chapter 6 to "Chapter 6". Other mods will probably be able to figure out how I did that.

:D

Storygames Home -> Sector 17 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2