Free online storygaming

On the fence
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amichan

Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: On the fence  

I realize that i have not been on for quite a while..

Most of it is due to me constantly working and not having a solid way of having internet access at all times.. plus due to my mental and emotional state at times and the recent issues with some ifians i have been very close to leaving the city permanently.

I do have a couple ideas in my back pocket one is a linear personal narrative and one is a SG but neither i have had the chance to develop into anything meaningful

so i am really on the fence as to whether or not i really want to be part of the city anymore i know that may be a disheartening to some but that is how i feel at this time
Andolyn

Location: sitting barefoot in a tree in the beautiful land of Ardara, writing my tales...

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

i'm so sorry to hear that, Kang!! i know we havent been the closest...but i'd hate to see you go. so...if my vote counts...i'd knock you onto the If side of the fence...=(
Emperor

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject:  

Kang,

Like Andolyn said, its not like we know each other on some personal level to where my words might make a difference to you. With that in mind I can offer you this few words.

It seems to me that this decision ultimately boils down to how much you get out of being part of this site. We all run into our up and our downs when it comes to creativity, posting, reading and responding. And each of us has our own level of personal gratification when we do any of the following aforementioned activities. In my opinion you have to simply ask yourself if I post this new linear or sg game will I in some way get the outcome/payoff that I am expecting to the degree that I am expecting it. I know, I know, that doesn't answer much for you.

Maybe by pointing out how you much I have personally enjoyed your work with the If Quierer (sp) will show the positives you bring to If. I have enjoyed it so much so that I have often thought to myself that I wanted to become an even more active part in its production. I look forward to each that is put out and though in all honesty I may or may not read it all, I appreciate and see all the creative effort that goes into it.

In the end, you have to decide for yourself what is best and what you are capable of. Without sounding to "pep talk-ish", you know whether or not its time to apply yourself more or to back off and get some breathing room. Perhaps a good compromise to see where you are at is to try you hand at something a little smaller without the level of dedication and expectation that comes with an sg. Or you can also allow yourself the leniency of realizing that what ever you do decide to put up can be at what level of dedication/expectation you want it to be and that is okay too.

I hope in some way this helps.

-- Emperor
Muaddib

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject:  

I hope you stay.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject:  

I'd actaully miss you, It was fun talking or writing to you while you needed to vent to me and talk about what troubles the hell out of you. I had fun chatting. So I'll say this, if your leaving live a happy life instead of looking back and wondering if you made a difference in the world on the internet.
kc9cra

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject:  

I've never really met you, but I'd love it if you stay. If your close friends leaving upset you, maybe you leaving would upset someone else.

Hell, I know your friends are the ones you feel comfortable talking to, and talking to strangers seems a little nerve-racking, but those folks weren't your friends from the moment you were born. They were strangers once. I'm sure there's folks on here that you could get to know, and you'd realize you and them have a lot in common. Pretty soon, even though they'll never replace the ones who left entirely, they'll give you the same friendship connection and good conversations.

Oh and hey, life sucks some times. My door's always open. I mean it.

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1