Storygames Home City of IF
Free online storygaming

just pondering
Click here to go to the original topic

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kc9cra

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: just pondering  

I like how my current sg is going. I should probably make it move a little faster and throw in some more action. Don't worry, the innocent little suburb that could is going to have to grow up sooner or later. I am planning some nasty little surprises for the good people of New Chicago, but there's something I was thinking about doing.

I was pondering starting another sg. When I first joined If, I started a few dead-end sg's. Because of this history, it might not be a good idea to try to run two games at once. I don't afterall, want to confuse people in to believing that I'm abandoning New Chicago or that this next sg will simply be another dead end. This would be a sort of comical sg set in the real world. That's another thing that makes me think twice.

Noone really wants to start a game that won't have much interest. I have noticed the most activity is in the fantacy forest. This makes me wonder how well received real world stories are. I know some of you folks out there like them, but I have to figure out if the fans of the fantacy stuff won't really be interested in this. If they aren't, will there be enough interest in the game so that it doesn't become an unintentional linear story being posted in the wrong forum? I guess only time will tell, but I thought I'd post my ponderings here and see what responses they get. Maybe something will pop out that helps me decide one way or another.
Thunderbird

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject:  

Hey... I just wanted to let you know I've just been falling behind on my reading but I still want to follow your tale (all of them have been intriguing to me so far, especially that first one about the religious compound - was really wanting to see what you had in mind there...)

Anyhow, just asking you for some understanding and to not feel as if you've lost my interest in what you're doing now.
Vikas Muralidharan

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject:  

Well, personally, I wouldnt write two stories at the same time.... Eventually one does end up being neglected most of the times, but if you think u can juggle two stories at the same time, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Tikanni Corazon

Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject:  

I agree with Vikas. It is entirely down to whether you think you're capable of keeping up with both SGs. I've tried a couple of times to do just that, and I find myself incapable of doing both tales justice (I currently have three started and unfinished SGs besides SparkleSteps). But there are others like Andolyn and Misterbiz who can have that many on the go at the same time, and manage wonderfully, not neglecting any of their stories in the process.

So yeah, it's down to whether you yourself think you can manage that many at the same time. Good luck, if you decide to go for it. It's great to have such an enthusiastic new(ish) member! :)
kc9cra

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject:  

Don't worry TBird. The whole site hasn't been getting a lot of traffic lately. It's the holidays and stuff. I'm sure you're not the only one falling behind. Honestly the religious compound one disappeared. I remember trying to put in Speedwriter's Square, but I had trouble keeping up with the time requirements. It was eventually moved, and I have no idea where it ended up.
Thunderbird

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject:  

General Fiction apparently. ;)

Storygames Home -> Open Forum Archives
Page 1 of 1