Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Chapter 17: The God Tortured
Goto page 1, 2  Next

(currently a favorite of )
   Storygames Home -> -> The Wheel - The Machine's Daughter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Chapter 17: The God Tortured Reply with quote

The next chapter of the featured storygame "The Machine's Daughter" has been posted:

Chapter 17: The God Tortured

Discussion and voting are complete for chapter 17.

For more about the storygame, see the New Players Start Here topic in this forum.

Last edited by Key on Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does seem like she has much choice - she won't be able to cut through his limbs with her wooden spear, and he says he never gets a chance to talk to the eagle, so presumably she won't be able to reason with it either.

Using the spear defensively she might stand a chance of killing the eagle, or at least fending it off for the day, allowing him to regain enough strength to free himself.

And first post - always good.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awwww.... I wanted first post Sad

So it's comfirmed she's a Maker then is it? Thumbs Up In that case, can't she go up to the top of the mountain and kill the monster while it's sleeping? Quick slash of the throat, jab in the private parts - it'll be easy
Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - pretty much back where we started, with less time than before. Well, it was never going to be that easy.

There's always fighting the eagle, but to be honest, I don't fancy Pilla's chances. If it comes to that, she must try it. I'd prefer to try guile first though.

A couple of ideas occur.

The first is honesty. She could tell the guardian eagle all that she has been told by the King. That he brought her here to give her a chance to rescue Prometheus and that he wants to be free of the responsibility of carrying out the Emperor's orders when they seem manifestly unfair. Convince the bird at least to go back and check its facts - it may give Prometheus time enough to heal and free himself.

The second is to use herself as bait in a similar way. She is a maker - he is the only eagle in this place. The orders are that any Maker should be brought back to the Emperor (via the King of the Eagles) for execution. He has a more important duty than the daily torture of Prometheus. He has to return her to the King of the Eagles immediately. Perhaps this will give Prometheus time to heal, in the same way as above.

Or, using the second situation, we can confound the guardian bird with logic in the same way as we confounded the King of the Eagles. He has two duties, both of them must be done and both of them CANNOT be done. Therefore the eagle must think for itself. Which is most important? Are either that important? Where does blind duty end and responsibility begin? All of that could be used in some way, I feel.

I'll come back if I have more.
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, he's a really compassionate and confuddled God.

I think maybe she needs the help of an eagle. She could head back to the aerie, find some young eagle who sympathizes with the makers and use his/her help to free Prometheus.
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, young eagle's good Wink . young is also good Smile . young eagle who thinks the elders are boring ang stuffy and old-fasioned and...
*goes off and drones in the corner for a few minites, before realizing she's still on the post writing bit and coming back *

is always good Very Happy
plus the eagle who has been on a diet of liver each day won't be ready to fight. He's had two thousand years of the same. He'll be lazy and will probably have his guard down. He might even be bored and join Pilla of his own will. You never know. Mad
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, here's a thought. Make Prometheus swallow some potent poison which affects the liver. Since he's immortal he can't die neways. So the bird eats his entrails, and plonks off, and Prometheus has more time, and so does Pilla.
Author
Stubby

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Pilla happens to be carrying some suitable poison, in which case Muaddid's idea is a good one, then the only possibility that springs to mind was spawned by the quote

Quote:
"Never could talk to the eagle...always goes for my stomach..."

This is a bored, tired, eagle, who has done this same task now over seven hundred thousand times. I do not believe that he will be alert when he approaches.

Given the size of Prometheus, it should be possible for her to hide in his hair / behind his head. When the eagle leans in to put his head inside the belly to extract some juicy intenstines, it would be very vulnerable to a surprise head strike with the spear from above.

Just my 0.02 fables worth My 2 Cents
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh... some Shocked good Shocked ideas. Btw, who actually is the writer of TMD? just a thought Confused
Author
KatieS

Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark gives me a summary to write from, I write the text, then he looks it over and makes any edits he thinks are appropriate.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muaddib wrote:
Hey, here's a thought. Make Prometheus swallow some potent poison which affects the liver. Since he's immortal he can't die neways. So the bird eats his entrails, and plonks off, and Prometheus has more time, and so does Pilla.

But I don't think we are carrying any kind of poison. At least there hasn't been made mention of any in the last few chapters.

I don't know if we're going to be able to stop the Guardian Eagle, so we can have a logical conversation with it. Prometheus even told Pilla that the Eagle heads straight for his liver without even a greeting.

I think the first thing we need to do is gain it's attention, by taking a defense in front of Prometheus. Hopefully that will give Pilla sometime time to ready herself either for an attack or a conversation.

Samadhi Traveler 2005 Nano Wrimo winner (53,019 words)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who's Mark, KatieS? Key? Chinaren? I don't know people's names.
Author
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark is Key - the Mayor (soon to be King) Very Happy
Author
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiding and attacking seems like a good idea. She is small, the spear is small, but the eagle's eyes are still vulnerable. It's difficult to make sure that he won't see her coming, when she is going for an eye though.

Prometheus does not have the strength to break the chains, but he might just have the strength to restrain the eagle a bit. If Pilla could gain the attention of the bird and lure him close enough to one of the god's bound hands, he could grab the eagle.

Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually about the posion thing, I was hoping that Promethus, who has been in the same place for many a century and is a God, would have some idea on how Pilla could make a quick posion, from herbs/roots etc. around them.
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he is immortal doesn't mean he can't die, only that he won't die from old age. Although he cannot be killed by having his liver ripped out, it doesn't mean that drinking posion won't kill him.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? So he can have parts of his body ripped out, but drinking posion will kill him? Is there a certain place where I can read up on the limitations of immortality?
Author
Ovrlndnsea

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordofthenight wrote:
The fact that he is immortal doesn't mean he can't die, only that he won't die from old age. Although he cannot be killed by having his liver ripped out, it doesn't mean that drinking posion won't kill him.

Good point, so scratch the poison idea.
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all depends on what you mean by immortal.

It is normally taken to mean cannot be killed by old age, but even this can vary. Elves of Tolkiens world were immortal, but they could still be killed, and they still aged.

Vampires could be said to be immortal, as they never age, and they certainly could survive having their organs removed in many stories, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be posioned.

Immortal is often used wrongly to say that they can't die at all, but that would be closer to invunerable or invinceble.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright assume immortality means that you don't die of old age. But you can still die of wounds.

So Prometheus can't die of old age, and he obviously isn't dying because of the wounds caused by the eagle, then where did the stipulation come in that he can however die by poisioning?
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got it all wrong. There are two kinds of Immortals : Half-Immortals and Immortals. Halfs cannot dien of old age. They reach middle age and get stuck there. They can be killed by wounds in the neck or heart, or if there are really loads of wounds. They grow stuff back. Immortals cannot be killed full stop.

What are we saying Prometheus is?
Author
Stubby

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there are as many different types of immortals as the writer of a particular work of fiction chooses there to be, with whatever rules said writer chooses to apply to them.

We simply do not know what 'type of immortal' this being called Prometheus is.

Given that there are strong overtones that this entire world could be an orbital station circling the earth, built by the 'makers' - you know, us humans - then I would strongly suggest that we don't make too many assupmtions about the literary accuracy of Earth myths and legends.

All we do know is that he is capable of both 'living' without major organs, and of regenerating those organs. Although even that makes the assumption that he is a being that should have those organs to survive. They could be there purely for effect, in which case living without them is no great trick Smile
Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter as always Smile

And some good ideas.

Out of all of them I'm liking Stubby's idea best. Hiding behind the head for an above attack.

Of course, the necessity for surprise means we can't even try talking, and I do think Stoat's ideas could work.

Based on the statement that the eagle never talks to the Watchmaker I'm going to assume it isn't open to being talked to.

Our spear is sharp, go for the kill.

Happy Writing Smile
Author
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of it...if she hid in the hair, how far would she have to run to reach the eagle? The bird is large enough to carry her...exactly how large is it? Would she prove nothing more than an annoyance, and would she be easily spotted making a mad dash from hairline to navel to impale the bird?
Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking she would be almost directly above, and could fall/jump onto the eagles back, stabbing on contact, and again if needed.
Author
Stubby

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethereal_fauna wrote:
I'm trying to figure out the logistics of it...if she hid in the hair, how far would she have to run to reach the eagle? The bird is large enough to carry her...exactly how large is it? Would she prove nothing more than an annoyance, and would she be easily spotted making a mad dash from hairline to navel to impale the bird?

Logistics... Prometheus was described at being around 30' tall, so his head is around 5-6', and his belly area is 6' - 8' below his shoulders.

This puts her within a spear's length of the top / back of the eagle's head / neck region once he dips his beak into the entrails.
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smee wrote:
I was thinking she would be almost directly above, and could fall/jump onto the eagles back, stabbing on contact, and again if needed.

That was what I was thinking about when someone mentioned the idea of hiding in Prometheus's hair. Let's just hope that Pilla doesn't fall unto her death once she kills the bird. That would be unfortunate.

-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Author
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answers to a few questions:

Prometheus is chained lying down, not sitting or standing up. So his head is on the same level as his stomach.

As mentioned, he's about 30 feet tall, which means his head is about 5'-6' long, or about as tall as Pilla. Pilla might be able to hide under his hair or to the side of his head, depending on what direction the eagle approaches from and how observant it is. The eagle wouldn't be in range for a spearthrust from Prometheus's head, but she would not have to move far to get within range.

The eagle is about 6'-8' long, with a wingspan of around 20'. The birds seem able to lift more than they might appear - a single eagle was strong enough to have carried Pilla - but they look small enough that a strong, well-placed thrust could kill one.

Prometheus's legs are about 15' long and his arms about 10'. His torso is about 10' long. His stomach is about 7' wide, with the open wound running across almost all of that distance.

Pilla has no previous experience with immortal creatures, so she doesn't have any special knowledge about what would or wouldn't kill Prometheus (or the eagle, for that matter).

Anything else, please ask away!

Very Happy
Author
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I would think it wiser of Pilla to try to coax the bird towards the hand. The eagle doesn't talk to Prometheus, but he most likely will Pilla. I doubt he'd simply kill her on sight if she wasn't threatening him in any manner, or appearing to free his captive.

Pilla is clever. She could speak to the bird, divert his attention and lure him to her and within range of the watchmaker's hand. Risky, yes, but not any more than a mad dash over the shoulder to stab the eagle with a spear. Once the creature is subdued, Pilla could dispatch him.

Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a thought : because the wound runs almost seven feet, is it possible to hide in the wound? She wouldn't need to run to it and the eagle would be at point blank range by the time it saw her. Neutral
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good poing fauna. Pilla needs to be logical here. She is not much a of fighter, so I guess she will just need to use her mind to get out of this situation.

WB may be thinking in the right direction about standing in the wound.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought has overcome the fear of lonlieness and ventured into my brain. Even if we can't get the liver infected with poison, what about coating the spear tip? Blind the eagle by putting your pigsticker in its eye and when it goes home to lick its wounds, it'll get a great surprise. Might put a stop to the celebraty roast dinner though. Don't think I'm allowed to drink poisened blood Mad and you humans can't eat poisened flesh Neutral
Author
Ravagerrr

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright... good chap as always...

some very good ideas are floating about... but I'm wondering... where is the eagle now. Is there a way to lure the eagle into a trap? Some way to use the environment against it, like levering a huge rock onto its head or something of that nature?

Poison is probably not an option, because we don't have any, and the environment may yield some BUT there's little time to achieve a deadly poison from the environment. Though she could certainly coat the spear with decayed flesh remnants, which would make for a pretty serious poison but may not work immediately, unless there is some dung or something that has been left long enough to develop a green rot which native africans used to use to poison their prey... worked pretty quickly. Still, poison is not to be relied upon... who knows if even the poison she used against the king(does she have any of this left?) would work to slay the eagle.

But on to the getting creative solution, aside from trying to talk to the eagle, who probably simply won't talk with Prometheus, but may indeed talk to an unassuming visitor,

USE FIRE... Prometheus was, in original mythology, placed on the mountain for sharing the secret of fire with man. If Pilla doesn't know how to start a blaze then I'm sure he probably would... using, yes, the environment. Fire would be a perfect weapon against the bird, who's feathers are likely to be flamable. It would have to be thought out some more as to how, and probably would involve the use of some kind of entrapment...

Still, there may not be enough time for such setups... maybe the best thing to do would be to ask the eagle for a lift somewhere and stab him in the head, if riding on the back, or in the gut from underneath if carried by talon... either that, or just slay the dang thing and let the author figure out how Smile (aka: I'll just make an attack roll)
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have to end up, managing to kill it.

I mean I understand Heracles crushing the original eagle, but Pilla killing the eagle and rescuing Prometheus so quickly would be a bit ridiculous.

It doesn't have to be that Pilla manages to overcome the odds everytime. I still think Pilla should be prudent and go find help. Prometheus has been having his stuff pecked out for ages, a week or two more. won't kill him.
Author
Ravagerrr

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point muad! I'll bet she could get some serious assistance from the Zigots if she could bring some proof and remember the way back!
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that sarcasm?

I got lost amidst the exclamation marks.
Author
Ravagerrr

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I can see why u might have taken it that way considering that such a venture would bring a whole nother can o worms to the table...
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been in the firing line for my opinions with regards to the Machine's daughter before Smile .
Author
Ravagerrr

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too... but generally I am not here to criticize the ideas presented so much as debate they're value.

I agree with you was not meant sarcastically in the least. The problem here is almost all the ideas are good and its hard to form a hard opinion. Fighting the eagle could go wrong no matter what we do and getting help could go wrong no matter what. No suggestion rings clear yet as the "best" course of action as all carry high degrees of risk.

TO ALL: If Ravagerrr comments on your idea in a positive manner it is never to be taken as sarcasm Smile
Author
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Poll's up!
Author
Ravagerrr

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAARGH... 's impossible to decide!

luring the eagle to his hand? hmmmmmm.... As a last resort... of course... not a bad idea!

BUT... I think my final vote is going towards the hiding in his stomach... would be the most interesting to read the results!
Author
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with asking cthe eagle to carry you away and then killing him. But its morally degrading and just justifies what the EMperor reagent has said about the Makers.
Author
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's high up in the mountains and only been given a day by the King of Eagles to set him free. I don't think she could physically leave, and if she did then the King would be against her.

A quick thought for freeing Prometheus - the eagle's talons, beak could be used. Assuming we've killed it, suddenly we have some very sharp implements we could use to cut his hands off.

I've voted for trying to lure the eagle to Prometheus' hand - any strength he has we need to take advantage of.

Happy Writing Smile
Author
Stubby

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have the problem that she basically cannot travel easily in the mountains, and remember just how good eagle eyesight is, so if she goes for help, she will almost certainly be spotted and recaptured.

Also, this would take her well outside the king's one-day deadline for not interfering with her attempt to free Prometheus.
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with luring the eagle to his hand in the end.

Voted, and winning.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with Rav, and hiding in the stomach.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted! went for hiding in the stomache because even if she couldn't kill it, her dirty little feet might at least put sufficient dirt onto the liver to infect the eagle. wish there was a fire option though Sad
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liver is gone though. The eagle already made a meal of it I belive. So Pilla is standing in the hole where it should be.

-Confucius
Author
Mother Goose
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it regrow by the time the eagle comes back?
Author
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed...I wondered about hiding in the stomach...do you intend to crawl in and be healed up inside, ready to spring when the eagle tears him back open? Confused
Author
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't decide. Eventually I decided on not deciding, after which the decision became more difficult to decide on, seeing as the decision was inherently meant to be decided on. As it is, I am leaving the decision and not deciding, at the present moment.
Author
Ravagerrr

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethereal_fauna wrote:
Indeed...I wondered about hiding in the stomach...do you intend to crawl in and be healed up inside, ready to spring when the eagle tears him back open? Confused

That's sorta what I was thinking... yes... perhaps she should have some sort of straw for a breathing hole or something. And she certainly shouldn't be situated where the eagle's likely to bite first!
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mother Goose wrote:
Doesn't it regrow by the time the eagle comes back?

Yeah it does. But at the present moment, I don't think it has regrown yet. Pilla has already watched the eagle eat the liver, so I think Prometheus would still have a hole in his abdomen. And yes, by time the eagle appears again to feed the liver would have regrown. But I think Pilla will still have enough room to stand, and make herself noticeable.

-Confucius
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn'y Key say the OPEN wound? I don't think it has time for the flesh to heal, just the liver. Not sure on this point. Confused
Author
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought just occurred...

Could she possibly pick the locks on the chains, or at least the one binding one of his hands? Lure the eagle towards that hand and the bird will be even more surprised if that hand is freer to move. I imagine Prometheus will ultimately have to break free off all his bindings, but perhaps Pilla could loosen up enough for his hand to be of more use.

Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The White Blacksmith wrote:
Didn'y Key say the OPEN wound? I don't think it has time for the flesh to heal, just the liver. Not sure on this point. Confused

I didn't say the flesh was reforming just the organ. I think there should still be enough room to stand once the liver grows back. Of course what would make Pilla even more noticeable would be if she stood on the liver itself once the eagle reappears.

-Confucius
Author
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll's closed. Hiding in the stomach won.

Look for the next chapter in two days.

Smile
Author
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry Raven, I was talking to Rav and Fauna. You wouldn't need a breathing hole.

And Key... looking forward to it! Very Happy
Author
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... Good thing I don't have only a hole to allow me to breathe.

-Confucius
Author
Key
King

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 18 posted. Locking this topic.

What do you do?
Use the spear defensively to try to keep the eagle away from Prometheus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Look for the eagle's nest and try to kill it while it's sleeping
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Try to convince the eagle to leave
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Try to convince the eagle to take you away, then kill him while he's carrying you
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Leave Prometheus and look for allies to help him
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hide in Prometheus's hair and attack the eagle when it comes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hide in Prometheus's torn-open stomach and attack the eagle when it comes
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Try to lure the eagle to Prometheus's hand
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12
:

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       Storygames Home -> The Wheel - The Machine's Daughter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: