Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
In ways we die (old thing)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

(currently a favorite of )
   Storygames Home -> -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: In ways we die (old thing) Reply with quote

dunno if this needs a warning, but it's got gore and philisophical concepts.

The crash of thunder was all she could hear as the blood left her body. Her eyes stared blankly at the dark form hovering above her, the man who had just killed her. His knife shimmered with the red liquid he'd taken from her chest.

As he walked away, she tried to call out for help, but none of her muscles would move. She could feel her limbs start to grow cold from the lack of blood and the snow around her. Why couldn't she do anything? Was she dead, or could she still be alive? All of this flashed through her mind as she began to wither away into nothingness.

Her body began to deteriorate, eyes being torn away by scavenger birds, flesh eaten away by maggots and flies. She could feel all this, and wanted to scream in horror and agony, but she no longer had a voice.

A month went by until the search party finnaly found her bones. They'd been buried under the snow and Ice, only to be dug out by a canine looking for food. She watched as they swarmed around her bones, trying to figure out how she'd died. No one herd her scream or cry.

After the investigation was over, she was then buried in a grave, forcing her to spend eternity in a dark enclosed space.

Now, what will happen when you die? Will you go to heaven, or hell? Is there a heaven? Is there a hell? Or do we simply cease to exist?

how should the next one die?

Okay, Really quick, just wanted to get the idea out before class was over. I'm back, and I'm curious about death. I will be writing the different beliefs about death, such as heaven, hell, and reincarnation. Keep in touch and tell me what you think.

Last edited by Hak on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, now I don't feel loved...
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHHH!!! Please, care people!
Author
Novelest_Ninjagirl
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this belief about death, We all go to heaven if we once had someone who truely loved us that is in there. If no one loved us, and if no one we loved resides in heaven, then if we lived a good life, we still go, if we didn't, we get sent to god, and he decides whether we become ghosts, or demons
Author
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably something that most people have feared at some time or other, is what death and decay actually feels like.

How does the next one die?

Hmm. Drowning?
Author
Crossfire
Citizen

Location: Somewhere between here and not-here, now and not-now... in the half-light, the borderlands, between.

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being flayed alive. I heard about these really great executioners down the street from here, somewhere in our Comrade's lovely District.

What they do is they practice on this block of bean curd with these really sharp knives, right?

Usually if they're not very good they end up slicing it up really nastily and- *pauses for a brief, ethereally echoing chuckle* - and their practice room is covered in these weird gooey bits, with stuff is dripping everywhere... and most of them aren't very good at all in the beginning, unless they've been practicing on the family cat, and even then they'd probably need to have owned more than one cat.

I suppose weird gooey bits are weird gooey bits everywhere, and really, how is a cat in any way different from a block of bean curd? I'd like to know!

Anyway, perfection is said to have been achieved when the executioner can strike the block one hundred times without breaking the surface once. After that, they can move onto people!

Just practice ones at first, not real people, just those fake ones you see walking along the street these days, and they- and here's the really funny bit- they- *chokes momentarily* Pardon me... they do this really great thing with a few simple implements you can find in any kitchen- *spasms for a horrifyingly long period of time* Urk... *collapses, tendrils of crackling energy sparking over it*

Never mind. So yeah, the next one should be flayed alive, unless your protagonist isn't very good with bean curd. Incidentally, I like the theory of the afterlife involving that cat that eats your soul if you aren't really nice to priests. It fits in wonderfully with my view of these worlds.

Silent eyes decide the wise and unwise - for one that lies. Let it arise.
Author
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about hell being whatever each of *us* make of it? For instance, if you believe that there IS a hell, and that it's all fire and pitchforks and red footy pyjamas, then it is. If you believe it's rotting in a grave doing nothing besides reliving bad math tests, then it's THAT. If you think it's visiting an old folks home and playing scrabble for eternity, or having to watch old John Cusak movies, or having a ridiculously slow internet connection, or being stuck in a doctor's office with only old copies of Reader's Digest and Chatelaine.... whatever. Hell is whatever you THINK it's going to be. So you could approach it from the direction that each victim is going to affect hell in his or her own way. Like a private dimension.
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, good ideas guys! I'll set the poll up with the stated ways of death.
Author
sir wax
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for drowning.

I've almost drown on more than one occasion and i'm curious how you might describe this.

I must say that it's changed the ways i make choices or approach anything and everything in life. It truly is remarkable, the experience of drowning. It is comparable in many ways, yet at the same time not.

*is excited to read the next death*

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivoted for flayed, 'cos, well, it's my favorite. Laughing
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! Poll closed. Looks like we're gonna have a drowning on our hands. Thanks everybody, and I'll get right on writing the next chapter.
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning, there is death and animal abuse in this one.

It seems like almost every day, this guy puts my brothers and sisters in this bag. He always plays games with us, like poking the bag and letting us try to bite it, and a game we call "dodge-stick" Though, if you're not fast enough you can get hurt pretty bad.

Right now, we're back in the dark brown bag, and we're in the truck. I think we've been riding for about an hour now.

"Where do you think he's gonna take us?" My sister, Tay-tay, who I was currently standing on, inquired.

Poo was the one to try his reply, "I hope he takes us to the park."

We all jumped in the bag, excited for whatever was to come. One moment I was on the bottom with Lou, the next I was on top with Kira.

"I still think this guy's going to kill us some day." Rowdy was always our little Doom-and-Gloom sibling.

"Don't worry, it's all fun!" I haven't gotten a single word in yet.

-----------

The truck finally stopped and we heard the door open and the tail-gate drop. Everyone was bouncing again, and when we were picked up, I made sure I wasn't squished, being the runt and all.

The man dropped us. I could feel my stomach tossing a little as I waited for the thud when we hit the ground. No thud came, but we stopped falling.

I looked around excitedly, waiting for what was next. All my siblings were screaming their joy...

was that joy?

Things started to settle down, and even though this was a fairly odd group, we were never calm. That's how I knew something was wrong. I could feel everyone below me slowly calm down.

As I looked down to ask Rowdy what was happening, I could see his head was hidden. I tried to sniff to see what was wrong, but my nose got wet, and my paws were getting cold. The chills slowly moved up my legs as I began to get soaked.

Lifting my head, I began to chew at the sack that was to be our coffin. I don't want to die!. The cold had reached my back, but it stopped risingas we submerged.

I kept my nose in the pocket of air that was quickly escaping. I had water in my eyes, and my family was dead under me. What had happened? I thought that man loved us.

no.

I remember now, mother was beaten with a metal rod, just like us, but she was hit much harder that we were. We'd turned the beatings into a game, so we wouldn't have to die like mom had, being stuck through with that rod.
My oldest sister, Mimi, had been murdered as well. The man had poured some liquid on her fur that smelled really bad. After he made sure she was soaked, he'd dropped his cigarret on her back, catching her fur on fire. I had seen the pain in her eyes as she stared at us. After that, my favorite sister had been nothing more than a black lump of coal.

How could I have forgotten all that? I'd been picked on the most for being the smallest. That's why I only had three legs. The man had been following me, finding where I'd gotten water for my family to drink, then he'd set a trap there for me. I didn't see it, but I'd felt it. I had to chew my paw off, but I'd lived.

I don't think I'll live this time. I've just chewed my way through the bag, but there's a second layer. I know I can't chew through that, because there's no more air. All I can fill my lungs with is water. It's all around me and inside me. This is how I'm dying. Mother, I'm sorry I couldn't find a way to get us out of there. I'm comming to join you. I'm comming.

And the world went black.

Okay, there's the drowning story. This time I will choose the death, but you tell me what dies.

Author
Fats_Masterson
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh! Morbid!

I wanna see the death of something really old.

Remember some of the largest and oldest organisms are trees and fungi!

My reality tunnel is bigger than Yours
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Fats
Author
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilling.

Something that was brought to life as part of an experiment.
Author
sir wax
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with fats old guy death. Nice job with the drowning btw.

Sincerely,
SirWaxaLot
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, So we got something old, and a frankenstein-esk story for suggestions so far. (That was what you were saying, right Crunchy?)
Author
Head Eater
Resident

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You havvvvvvvve been deemed worrrrthy.

HEM is home forrrrrrrrrr you and yourrrr little experrrriment now.
Author
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hak wrote:
Okay, So we got something old, and a frankenstein-esk story for suggestions so far. (That was what you were saying, right Crunchy?)

Yeah. Something along those lines.

Very Happy

And congrats on the promotion!
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I got a StoryGame promoted. cool... any other suggestions? I'll be putting the poll up on Thursday.
Author
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to my playground Haky!

May your SG be popular and earn us yet another HEM SGoM!

HEM authors - Your crazy ass family has nothing on us....

Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a day without ideas? What a surprise! Come on now; we've only got two days till the poll's up!
Author
The Dark
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A flaying of an innocent always works for The Dark.
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is The Dark suggesting an innocent person dying?
Author
The Dark
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are always the most entertaining. The crying, the weeping, the begging and pleading. Ahhh. Memories.
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okies, we have three options so far:
An old thing
A creation
and an innocent

Keep throwin those thoughts out there!
Author
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A baby. Too young to walk and talk yet.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I open the poll in one day; these are our suggestions so far:

Something old
An innocent
a creation
a baby

Keep throwin your thoughts out there!
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll is now up!
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curently the poll is tied! Quick! We need more votes!
Author
Fats_Masterson
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, carp. I didn't help at all did I? oopy

Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

three way tie! oh noes! will we have multiple deaths? closing on thursday
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The score is thus:
A Baby [1]
An old thing [2]
An innocent [1]

The poll is open until Thursday.
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! something old will die
Author
Fats_Masterson
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea for death Dead Subject !!

Seriously, I can't wait to see what you do with this, Hak.

Author
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Old???? Old??? Where's the fun in that?
Author
Black Hawk
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What about hell being whatever each of *us* make of it? For instance, if you believe that there IS a hell, and that it's all fire and pitchforks and red footy pyjamas, then it is. If you believe it's rotting in a grave doing nothing besides reliving bad math tests, then it's THAT. If you think it's visiting an old folks home and playing scrabble for eternity, or having to watch old John Cusak movies, or having a ridiculously slow internet connection, or being stuck in a doctor's office with only old copies of Reader's Digest and Chatelaine.... whatever. Hell is whatever you THINK it's going to be. So you could approach it from the direction that each victim is going to affect hell in his or her own way. Like a private dimension.

Scissorkitty you reminded me of a book called Caverns of Socrates

In it was the concept that afterlife was what you make so if your a christian you and all the other christians are right and all else are wrong though there are some flaws it is an interesting book so check it out Very Happy

-Will Rodgers

Michael Crichton one of the greatest writers of his time 1942-2008 rest in peace
Author
Black Hawk
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No one herd her scream or cry.

Quote:
A month went by until the search party finnaly found her bones.

from paragraph 1
heard maybe?

and finally?

-Will Rodgers

Michael Crichton one of the greatest writers of his time 1942-2008 rest in peace

Last edited by Black Hawk on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The creek was babbling nearby, and as I lifted my head to gaze at the stars, a soft rumble sounded in the distance. The calm serenity was all I had ever wished for, an escape. I've been in this world for nearly 300 years, and I can't wait to finish the rest of my life. I stand here, proud and strong, watching over those around me. Each day is something new.
There's was a resounding crash nearly fifty feet away, but the vibrations told me something big had fallen. I can't see past my brethren to know what it was, but Something tells me it wasn't good.
Another two crashes; what could be going on?

I saw a glint of metal at the base of my brother, closest to me. He screamed silently as that metal cut through him. He fell to the east, onto two of my other siblings, killing one, and shaking the other.

"C'mon!We gotta get this place cleared for the trucks!"
"Aww, shaddup. Just be happy we made it to Alaska."
"Yeah, but we also have to clear the way so we can get the oil south."

That man turned toward me, and I knew my time was up. As that blade entered my bark, I lost all sense of what was happening around me. I was losing my connection to my roots.

I was alive for the next hour an a half, gasping for nutrients, but gaining none. Eventually, I was chopped into individual logs and placed on a truck. That was the end of me, and the end of a great number of my kin, but that was also the beginning of a new future for the humans, and they are still using that oil today.

Sorry it's so short and I haven't been 'round much. Life's been hectic, and time scarce.

DP: What should the Genre of the death be?

Author
Hak
Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A'llo?
Author
stag_beetle
Visitor

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello. you have the honor of receiving my first post Razz
it is great, although morbid. great for a morbid thing. Smile
I don't think death should have a genre, since I don't think death is a person. I think it should remain genre-less. but that's just my humble opinion.
keep up ^_^

What'll die next?
A baby
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
An old thing
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
An innocent
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5