Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Hangover - Discussion thread - maybe even a cure!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Masterweaver
Honored Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited. Again...
| |
\//\\/ ?
| \ |
| ||| \ /
|,||| ,|| \/
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cackles evilly* Sasuke has uttered the word 'it' ! Let chaos ensue!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beginning of the chain reaction of the 'it' word has started. This will culminate in the release of the Greater Evil.

Polokin has the blue orb that will summon BStheGreat. BStheGreat is a complete psycopath who has it in for D-Lotus. I think it rather fun for D-Lotus to be used as human bait for BS to attack the GE at some point. Sounds good? Just an idea, use it anyone, if they like.

Okay, this is all looking rather bad, for everyone now, even Lordy is looking worried. So, more chaos please... Very Happy
Masterweaver
Honored Citizen

Topics: 13

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is my idea okay?
| |
\//\\/ ?
| \ |
| ||| \ /
|,||| ,|| \/
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like it MW. I was thinking more of having the Greater Evil never really described, just more as a presence. Afterall, this is an entity that has been trapped in the Soul Well so long time forget about it, and I'd think it'd take a bit longer to escape.

Plus, no description we ever do would really suit it, unless each character saw a twisted reflection of itself.

And the zooming out is completely pointless. Especially as this is still set in early January, long before the elections started.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Lordy's idea better...and if everyone agrees, I might just have a way of fixing with a post or two.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it, Din.
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go CrunchFrog.

One nameless, shapeless, lump of GE who takes the shape of it's viewers worse fears! A suggestion I took from Lordy, *curties to Lordy* I hope everyone approves of his idea....I thought it was simply brillant so I used it.

So, take it from where I left off.....I wanted to make the GE disappear but wasn't sure if I should so I left it hanging and open for the next writer.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, Din! Not everyone was ungagged at that point, but I can edit my previous post so that more of them are, it's no biggie.

Also they were in a cavern, not a study, but I will edit that on the transfer over to the Tales of IF forum. Smile

IM, you're going too fast.... Your post has been removed, for a number of reasons, one of them is that it is RP.

But it has been copied here. The ideas can be worked with....

Quote:

The GE was nowhere to be found, as it had used one of the classical escape routes in fantasy stories: a blinding flash of light to conceal the teleportation.

Okay, we can work with this. The GE is out of control, as we had already planned, Lordy did not want the GE to take over, so everyone now has a common evil. So now everyone has to pull together to close up the Soul Well.

Quote:

"Screw this," IM said, and recited the counter-curse to the mirror curse backwards. There was a shimmering effect that started at IM, spread to Lilith, and ended at Crady.

IM does not know how to undo the mirror curse, otherwise he would have done it earlier, wouldn't he? This makes no sense. Lordy is the only one who can undo it, and Lordy has to realise that everyone has to work together before he does so. Also we had agreed that a backwards word would be the key to closing the Soul Well.

Quote:

"Can everyone understand me NOW?!" IM fairly shrieked. The others in the cavern jumped a wee bit backwards at the anger in IM's voice.

"I'll take that as a 'yes'. Come on, then, we have to get to the surface quickly, there's no telling what that thing will do."

IM quickly teleported everyone topside, in the middle of the City square. "What will we do now?" Sasuke asked.

IM's eyes held a blazing glory that hardly ever showed, except in times of extreme peril when none others were taking charge. "We take charge and do all we can. Sasuke, Lilith, go and get as many people from Fantasy Forest as possible. Rai, Din, go unleash Jester park. D and Polokin, work on getting BS here without killing anyone. Crunchy, Weaver, go get the Games sector. I'm going to work on a spell of fear-resist for the masses. Lordy, if you'd be so kind, find out if there's any weaknesses of that thing or if there's a way to seal it up again before it gets here. QUICKLY, people! I'm also going to contact a few mods, see if Skiffyville can't get over here as well, we're going to need all the help we can get."

IM stood in the center of City Central, watching his friends and fellow moderators disperse. He quickly contacted Leberanth. "Lebby?"

Leb's face appeared hovering above his ring. "IM! What-"

IM cut him off. "Listen, you need to get Skiffyville over to City Central immediately! We have a crisis and everyone is being press-ganged into a militia!"

IM cut off to contemplate his fear-resist spell. It was then he realized he was like another great wizard in a trilogy not to be named here. He was standing between the Greater Evil and the City, and he was very, very much alone.

"Hello, magus."

IM turned and saw the thing for what it really was this time, namely, a formless pile of jelly. "Oh, crud," IM whispered, before the thing lunged at him, growing a neck, a head, a mouth, teeth, very sharp and very large teeth...

The rest of this is pretty much RP - your character has just taken over the situation, and moved it away from the planned chapter, which was to close the Soul Well at the site of the Soul Well, with all the characters present....

I have just posted, based on the planned chapter. As previously planned in this thread, more characters are being brought into the finale - Chinaren is there now, and BStheGreat is being summoned. The Greater Evil has explained his incarceration as per Lordy's idea earlier in the discussion thread, and also as previously discussed, everyone is beginning to realise that they now have no option but to work together.

We had decided that a reverse spoken word would close the Soul Well, and I have an idea that since there are 3 ingredients, and 3 people who are speaking backwards, that it might be cool if each of them should hold one ingredient and recite something backwards to close the well?

But Lordy will have to instruct them, whilst the mayhem is going on around them, distracting the Greater Evil...

We still have Xansta and Argo not arrived yet... Is there anyone else I have missed?
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it Crunchy - might prove a temporary setback indeed.

Btw - does everyone who's been involved have to appear for the ending?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be a nice acknowledgement to everybody who contributed to the story to have their character appear at the finale in some form, I think.

Smile

(edit to add)

Lordy and I came up with a few BStheGreat ideas in Chat and he asked me to transcribe them here because he's too lazy to do it himself Confused (alright, I've not got a boss looking over my shoulder right now and he has)

BS's avatar should evoke some cool ideas with the weaponry he appears with (which can be ridiculously excessive)

Maybe have him arrive 'in the middle of something' and be disgruntled at being pulled away from whatever he was doing

Perhaps he could arrive in an embarrassing pose

He could start ranting at Polokin for summoning him, then see all the other IFians, then spot D-Lotus, his focus of hatred...

D-Lotus could also be his focus of fear, meaning that he sees the GE as Lotus, therefore he sees Double D-Lotus... Which one does he attack?? Confused

The other IFians are using BS attacks on Lotus to confuse and distract the GE but must do enough to protect Lotus from getting hurt...

Just a few brainstorm ideas, you dont have to go with them, and they may spark off some more... but the BS situation does have a lot of potential for mayhem and humour, so lets go for it!

Very Happy
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about BS arrives mid-defecation? Shocked That would leave everyone rolling around laughing at him and he would be very upset. Then he would spot D-Lotus and blame him. More chaos! Laughing

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL

The scene is for the taking, do with it what you will!

Very Happy

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little new here, and am wondering if anyone can joined, or only established members or some other criteria-fulfilling group. I was thinking about trying to get the hang of SG-ing in this story.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While anyone can join in Alpha, this is very different to usual SGs, and is nearing the end. I'd recomend choosing a more traditional story.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there AJ! Hangover has been a huge experiment, and is not a shining example of how a Storygame should be constructed or played. As Lordy says, the best thing for learning Storygaming is go and have a look at some of the Storygames around the Skiffyville, Jester Park and Fantasy Forest areas, and get involved with those. They are much better examples to learn from!

But you are still welcome to take a look at Hangover and contribute some ideas. You could even write a practice post in this thread if you want to. That is what this thread is here for!

If you want to read the whole story so far in its final edited form it is Here

Welcome to IF!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've made a post on HangOver, containing BS's arrival, embarassment and subsequent discovery of twin Ds. Which one he shoots is of course up to the next author.

I'd assume it'll bounce/go straight through the GE, and that D'll have to dive for cover, but whatever works for you.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clapping

Wonderful post, Lordy!
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Topics: 10

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok you wanted everyone there for the finale, well I just wrote myself in.

Hopefully I've caused sufficient mayhem. The GE kinda has a physical from now so perhaps we can use that to our advantage. Some of the fighters here might be able to more to distract him while lordy's plan commences.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha. Nice post Arg, and nice bird too. Very Happy
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahay, its going again! Very Happy

Great post, Argo.

I've started transferring the posts of this chapter over to the Tales of IF forum, and transferring the fables earned back to the authors as I go Very Happy

Edit to add:

Okay, all posts have been transferred right up to date, and all fables transferred. Please check your inboxes, anyone who has posted to Chapter 27 - and if there are any discrepancies or I have missed anyone, please let me know!
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, there is a hole in GEEM's fuel tank, nice work D, btw. lol. I didn't write the explosion because I am not sure there will be one. Fuel could just leak out slowly, or we could just have a nice, pretty BOOM! Enjoy! Muahahaha! Cool Laughing Wink

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Topics: 46

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so nobody gets confused...

The summoning chant and banishing chant use the exact same words. It's just that for a summoning chant, you intone them in the proper order and spelled correctly. For a banishing chant, the order is reversed, along with the spelling.

For most people, this wouldn't be a problem either way, seeing as they wouldn't understand the backwards spelling or grammar and just intone it as they saw it.

However, IM, Lilth, and Crady can only speak and read backwards spelling. They can understand the words, but to them, the order is reversed. They have to overcome their natural inclinations to speak the sentences normally, which will of course do nothing...

Well, almost nothing. We could make it so that every time they spoke the chant they way they want to, a magical 'hiccup' occurs. What actually happens, I leave to you...

...No plans yet.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, IM can you remind me what is in the vial sitting on top of the machine?

Also... there is a leakage of fuel, eh? We have one more character/player still to arrive.

This is the long forgotton Xansta.... who just happens to be a 'burning woman' - literally a ball of flames.

Oh dear.... Laughing
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refined Stupidium. If let loose, it'll start transforming things into Stupidium...and we don't want the GEEM to get it's hands on that. If the vial is broken or opened, well...

*Starts playing a tiny invisible violin for the city*

...No plans yet.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masterweaver wrote:
The resulting explosion altered the mechanical characteristics of the world, forcing everybody to take 2d6 points of damage, before suddenly snapping back into a more realistic system of wounds. BS whistled low, impressed that his shot had had such an effect. D-Lotus ran around screaming, "MY HAIR'S ON FIRE!" whilst Chinaren ran around screaming, "I HADN'T PAYED INSURANCE ON THE CITY DEUS EX MECHINA YET!" IM and crew continued chanting, protected from the explosion by an ash-covered Lordy. Everyone else picked themselves up and stared hopfully.

"I LIVE ON!!!!!!!!!!" cried the GE. It clung to the remnants of the exploded DEM like a bad referance to the third Spider-man movie.

"Wait," said Masterweaver. "Agro, you were able to use the DEM, right?"

"Yeah. Are you going to make an RP post?"

"What?"

"They're against the rules..."

Sometimes I wish I had eyes to roll, thought MW, drawing a starnge remote out of his sleeve. "I will now use the PORTAL OF PLAGARISM!!!!" he announced in a loud voice. Everybosy ignored him. He pushed a button.

This post has been heavily edited when transferred over, because of the RP qualities, and introduction of random elements. The text in red has been removed completely. Since it affects the plot itself, the edits have also been copied back to the Hangover thread in New Storygames.

Idea master wrote:
IM was frantically patting at his robes. He knew he was missing something, but all his normal instruments were in his robe.

Just a note of caution - please dont introduce new items, powers, or magics so late in the game, without forewarning the rest of the writers, and weaving it into the plan here beforehand. As we are co-writing, we all need to be aware of what is available to the characters, so that we can write together.

We were aware that Argo was going to introduce another machine, because he mentioned it earlier in this planning thread. We know about the vial of Stupidium, but we knew nothing about the Portal of Plagiarism, the Orb of Redundancy (although that was quite a good comic diversion) and we dont know about the instruments in IM's robes.

It would probably be best to stick with what we have now from now on.

Just a general comment - Try to make the story flow from one post to another... I have also had to edit IM's post on the Final Version thread, to lose the RP like qualities and make it read more fluently.

Fables have still been transferred though. Smile
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! Just caught up with the HOV main thread. I have to say I laughed I did. I laughed indeed. It made me... wait a minute...

~Throws orb of redundancy away~

Anyway, good work Crunchy and all! It's really shaping up well. I'll have to see if I can come up with something to add.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea master wrote:
Refined Stupidium. If let loose, it'll start transforming things into Stupidium...and we don't want the GEEM to get it's hands on that. If the vial is broken or opened, well...

*Starts playing a tiny invisible violin for the city*

But what if the GE absorbs this somehow? Maybe we can trick it into thinking it is something else?
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to keep the Boom, maybe there is someway someone could have grabbed the bottle of stupidium before the big BOOM?

That way we don't have a pentional stupiduim constraphy? Personally, I know of several ways I could do it, since the well chamber is filled with shadows (I think) but I think we really, really don't want stupiduium gas in the city because that would be really, really bad.

Also I think we should take a quick break and toss some plans around about how to actually stop the GE.

There seems to be alot of confusion about what we actually supposed to do other then create plently of chaos.

I think a break would be beneficial so that we can get all ducks in a row before we go destroying or defeating anything.

Savvy? *Dinranwen has been watching to many pirate movings lately, as you can tell.*
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the guaranteed 'magic bullet' as it were to seal away the GEEM is the banishment chant. Seeing as that's already progressing nicely, you just have to keep the GEEM in the cave until the chant is finished. How you do that, I leave up to you.

...No plans yet.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question -

Why did IM take the vial of Stupidium from Lordy's lair?
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To dispose of it later when it was safe to do so.

...No plans yet.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or - IC explanation coming up -

"Because he was messing in the affairs of his betters, and the wizard is warrent to do. What should be nothing more than a minor annoyance - a mere fly distracted by bright lights - is swiftly turning into a misquiteo. He should watch what he continues to stick his nose into from now on, lest someone do IF a favour and cut it off."

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be rude Lordy.

Maybe if he somehow gets stupidum onto the Greater Evil (don't look so shocked now) it would react and destroy him for us?

I know it's risky and we would all prolly end up dead, but hey, there's always that .000001 % chance that it would work and if we thought up a way to contain the effect while we are here in the discussion thread, our chances would be greatly increased!

YAY ME! Razz Wink Cool

© 2007-2019 Lilith
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is should we allow the explosion of MW to happen? No offense, but it is sort of awkard and proposes a whole slew ideas that need to be solved.

It was convient for the GE to have a body, but now that body is destroyed.

Plus there was a bottle of stupidium on the Machine so unless someone managed to retrieve it before the explosion...

Well, what are we supposed to do with MW's post?
Polokin
Citizen

Topics: 0
Location: It seems that I'm not physically capable of visiting a forum... damnit!

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't MW dead solve quite a bit? Very Happy
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the vial kinda rolls miraculously unscathed to somebody's feet in the next post. The magical forces that are keeping the stupidium from interacting with the glass that contains it, would probably keep the glass from shattering also. It would have to be a pretty strong container to hold stupidium.

*shrug*
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could always pretend it's something valuble and trick the GE into absorbing it from me that way...or I'm a big dragon...I could step on the vial and crack it so that the stupidium leaks out...or smash it with my tail and shake the drops around the room...

Or we could bundle MW around the vial and hurl him at the GE...

As for what the stupidium does...it could make the GE unable to show us our greatest fears and unable to shift shape since it would lack the imagination to do so...

"Music makes you braver."
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't you still bound? Or were you all freed? I thought it was only a couple of people - IM, D, MW, Polo, BS who weren't tied up still.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lordy, try re-reading it. You must have a horrible memory... one wonders how you accomplish writing. Shocked Wink Cool

© 2007-2019 Lilith
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: