Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Hangover - Discussion thread - maybe even a cure!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One would then be honour bound to point out that the last post was over a month ago, and that Rai being freed was a mere half sentance, and not crucial to the overall plot.

And question why she was bound with breakable ropes, as opposed to ones she couldn't slip free of.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder about that myself Lordy...it was damn decent of you to put simple restraints on me...

Besides...admit it. When the time comes for ass-kicking, you're going to need me.

"Music makes you braver."
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put it down to everybody being bound in the same spell at the same time, a simple oversight, when there was so little time.

Don't be too hard on yourself, Lordy!

Very Happy

(edit to add:) It doesn't actually say that everybody is unbound. Might be wise to do so, though, fairly soon.
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Topics: 68

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so is the story finished? i noticed it stopped a whil eago! Damn it all i was really enjoying it!! TO bad i wasnt around to get in on the action!

So what was the general consensus? did it work or not?
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story hasn't finished, we're just waiting for someone to reply to MW's last post.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard NeverNever Girl! Very Happy

Although the story is almost finished, its good to see you jump in. Just a quick overview of how it works -

We discuss the bare bones of the chapter in this thread, roughly what's going to happen, then when someone gets inspiration they write a short installment on the Hangover thread. Each writer builds a bit on to the chapter until all the planned events are written (and some unplanned ones as well!), and then we all come over here to work out the next bit.

The tricky bit is to keep the story running as if it is one person writing it - keeping it running from one point of view.

Smile
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crunchy!

i wasnt going to jump in but i was really wanting to see how the story was going to end and nobody had done anything for a while. Sorry to interfere this close to the final moments!
sorry if i screwed it up too..
Cant wait to see what happens next..
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's fine! And have woven it in with the next post, too!

Okay, right, the stupidium vial has been smashed, and as per various suggestions, has been absorbed by the GE, and he has lost all his imagination.

So that leaves the floor to Lordy and his 3 backwards speakers to clean up...

Very Happy
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! And an entertaining post it was too CF! Very Happy
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I am true to my word - every author gets their avvie immortalised in the Hangover graphic... I know some people have changed theirs since this was first done, but NeverNever's has now been added!

Very Happy

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if need be I can always go back to my old one...But welcome Ne-ne!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I wish I had actually posted when I was going to.

I was going to have Lordy try and convince the GE that he was about to imbue him with various 'uber' powers.

Still, the GE is going to clean their clocks.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such positive vibes lordy lol.

thanks crunchy - i am much indebted though i wasnt aware of your promise until you mentioned it..

now who's going tyo kill the GE?
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, about killing the Greater Evil - I think there's a conversation earlier in this thread that perhaps killing is not the way, perhaps trapping it in the Soul Well again, or it disappearing, so that it can live to fight in another story!

Anyway, here's an attempt at a summary. This is a really unweildly plot, but basically, this all centres around the Soul Well, a place where the Mayor casts out lost souls of IF (metaphor for deleting inactive IF accounts, actually).

We have the Greater Evil, nasty bugger, who has been trapped for thousands of years under a fault line where the Soul Well now is.

The City of IF was then conveniently built on this place, and Chinaren's recent use of the Soul Well awakened the GE's conciousness, enough for it to be able to crack open the Soul Well.

Lordy (daemon with aspirations to rule anything and everything) took advantage of this, seeing that he could harness the power of the souls in the Soul Well, to achieve his goal of total domination, and made a pact with the Greater Evil, involving fully opening the Soul Well. To do this a foul spell would need to be performed, using 3 ingredients - the Blood of the Beginning, Flesh of the Present, and Bone of the End.

D-Lotus, (private investigator) walked in on this plot, in Smee's basement, during the New Year's Eve celebrations, and attempted to kill the Greater Evil. Lordy wiped Lotus's memory, and Lotus woke up clinging to a ledge of a cliff at dawn on New Years day, with no memory of how he got there. (This is where the Hangover story begins)

Meanwhile, within a highly complex plot involving maps, duplicate maps, fake maps etc. Lordy sent Kalanna Rai off to collect the 3 ingredients for the spell. In doing so, she kicked Dinranwen down a bottomless pit, where she temporarily met her demise. However, Dinranwen discovered the Realm of Dead IFians, a rather fun place inhabited by past legends of IF. The Realm was in great danger since it was situated directly under the Soul Well, which was slowly disintegrating, from the power of all the angry souls in there.

D-Lotus, sent Crunchyfrog down to the Realm of Dead IFians to try and stabilise the Well at least temporarily. CF discovers that it is possible to communicate between IF and the Realm of Dead IFians via Solus.Serpen, as a kind of medium.

Lordy called a Council meeting, and decided not to turn up as he has other business to attend to. The attendees, after comparing notes, realised that the Soul Well needs to be closed up, and Lordy must be stopped. This can be done using the same spell that Lordy plans to use to fully open the well, with the same 3 ingredients, provided that it is spoken in reverse.

Conveniently, Lordy had earlier cast a Mirror curse on Idea Master, Lilith and Crady, in an attempt to try and stop them from foiling his plans. They are all talking backwards!

Finally almost all the characters in the story converged on Lordy's lair, desparate to stop him from fully opening the well. He trapped them and transported them to the caverns containing Soul Well, where the Greater Evil then appeared.

Lordy discovered that the Greater Evil had double crossed him, and realised for himself that the only way to save IF and the Realm of Dead IFians is to close the Soul Well. Lordy's plans for total domination will have to wait until another day!

Currently every character except Xansta is now in the cavern containing the Soul Well. The Greater Evil has been weakened with a chance strike from a vial of Stupidium, and now Lordy has his chance to get Idea Master, Lilith and Crady to say the spell in their backwards tongue, with the 3 ingredients at the ready.

And that's where we are now... Smile

So, let's sort out now, how it's going to end!

Just as a reminder, our cast of thousands are:

Argonaut - Looks like the avatar. Helped Idea Master, Lilith and Crady travel from IF to Lordy's lair in an impossibly designed airship. The airship crashed on landing, but Argo is yet to discover this. Argo's latest machine, the DEUS EX MACHINA has also just been blasted to smithereens.

BStheGreat - Psychotic nutcase, with a grudge against D-Lotus. D had tortured BS for important information about the Soul Well, and now BS is out for revenge.

Chinaren - Miserly Mayor. Looks like the avatar. His recent use of the Soul Well to cast out the lost Souls of IF helped the chain reaction that lead to the release of the Greater Evil.

Christalnightshade (generally known as Crady) - Kooky gothic fairie. Currently struck by the Mirror Curse, causing her to speak backwards and not understand a word anyone else says.

Crunchyfrog - Green frog-like creature, and hapless newbie. Although somewhat cowardly, he did travel to the Realm of Dead IFians and successfully delayed the complete break up of the Soul Well to give the rest of the team time to get their act together!

Dinranwen - Hooded and cloaked shadow, and moderator of Jester Park. Can perform some magic through the use of shadow. Through an unfortunate accident Dinranwen discovered the Realm of Dead IFians, its inhabitants including such legends from times gone by as Reiso, RavenWing, Muaddib, Shady Stoat and others.

D-Lotus - Private Investigator. For the first part of the story, D was the central character, suffering from amnesia, and trying to fathom out what happened to the City on New Year's Eve.

Idea Master - Mage, and moderator of the Games Forum. Useful knowledge of spells and magic, although he does rely a lot on his spell book. Currently under the Mirror Curse, causing him to talk backwards and not understand a word anyone else says.

Kalanna Rai - Large red Dragon, and moderator of Jester Park. Possesses formidable magical abilities, and physical strength. Rai assisted Lordy by collecting the 3 vital ingredients for the spell needed to completely open up the Soul Well.

JezSharp - Elf in charge of the Technical Institute and Tourist Information. Jez has spent much of the time creating a labyrinth of tunnels under the city. He found a book with vital information in it, that help lead our intrepid heroes to Lordy's lair.

Lebrenth - Moderator of Skiffivile, and wearer of the Cloak of Forboding, which is supposed to make him look cool and scary. Lebby succumbed to the mists of the mysterious Dream Chamber, and during Jezsharp's attempts to revive him with some interesting concoctions, unexpectedly met with D-Lotus on an astral plane, which helped D regain his memory.

Lilith - Fairie type character, looks like the avatar. Currently under the Mirror Curse, causing her to speak backwards and not understand a word anyone else says.

Lordofthenight - Daemon, who's aspiration is to dominate IF and everything in it. He made a pact with the Greater Evil, in which he had hoped he would finally achieve his plan. Unfortunately for Lordy, the Greater Evil had other ideas.

Masterweaver - Resident spammer. Looks like a hooded leather cloak with no body in it. Scary, for all the wrong reasons.

NeverNeverGirl - Newbie, and an employee from IF Insurance. In her spare time she is an amunitions, arms, and assasination expert, and dabbles in magical mutations.

Polokin - Respectable IFian, assisting BStheGreat in his quest of revenge over D-Lotus. Luckily for Lotus, Polokin recently had a change of heart.

Sasuke - Half human, half dragon, Sasuke has spent most of his life living in the very cavern that holds the pool at the mouth of the Soul Well. He survived for six years eating nothing but some rather interesting mushrooms.

Smudger - A rather loveable hunchback, and moderator of the Linear forum. Smudger assisted Dinranwen in defending the Realm of Dead IFians from some nasty looking wraiths and ghasts.

Solus.Serpen - Sister of JezSharp. She is being used as a medium for contact between the Citizens of IF and the otherworldly Realm of Dead IFians.

Xansta - Human fireball. Last seen in the mists in the heart of the City, Xansta is the only IFian character missing from the final scene.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me - when did Lebby get there?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come if ARgo built the Deus Ex Machina (remember his anitclimactic entrance...) it is later chinaren that shouts he hasnt yet paid the insurance on the city's deus ex machina?

sorry i am a bit sticky with continuity and i cant find Lebby's entrance either...
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chinaren - Miserly Mayor. Looks like the avatar. His recent use of the Soul Well to cast out the lost Souls of IF helped the chain reaction that lead to the release of the Greater Evil.

Slight typo there CF. Should read: Generous philanthropist. Wink
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yer, riiiiiiiiight, Razz

NeverNeverGirl wrote:
How come if ARgo built the Deus Ex Machina (remember his anitclimactic entrance...) it is later chinaren that shouts he hasnt yet paid the insurance on the city's deus ex machina?

*applies some quick drying plot hole filler* Hmmm, maybe Argo was contracted by Cren to build them for the city... Very Happy

Quote:
sorry i am a bit sticky with continuity and i cant find Lebby's entrance either...

OK, Lebby's character has one of the weirdest Hangover experiences, he spent about 80% of it lying around in various states of unconsciousness.

He starts off just after the episode with the forest fire, by answering an emergency call on his Moderators ring, but instead of teleporting to the Council offices, he inexplicably arrived in the Dream Chamber, where he succumbed to the narcotic mists, and fell into a deep sleep. Rai rescued him and took him to the ever resourceful JezSharp, Tourist Information elf. Jez and Lordy then proceeded to abuse...er, sorry, attempt to revive Lebby, with some very interesting and repulsive potions.

They only succeeded in getting him to a semi-conscious state, during which he met subconciously on an astral plane with D-Lotus, assisting Lotus in getting his memory back. Rai transported him from the TI back to Jester Park, leaving him on the very spot where the Council Meeting was about to be held, with a Crypt Spider on his neck. Dinranwen removed the spider eventually, and Lebrenth sprang into action (quite literally) just before the Council Meeting.

After the meeting he teamed up with D-Lotus, Polokin, Solus and Jez, and went to Chinaren's mansion, and then on to Lordy's lair. He, along with the other IFians in his group, witnessed Argo's airship suffer a spectacular crash, with Idea Master, Crady and Lilith aboard.

Lebby's first post is on page 2 of the working Hangover thread, and is easy to spot as he always writes in bright green text. Very Happy

Hope this helps!

Okay - on to the situation in hand....Lordy has now produced the 3 ingredients for the spell to close the well. Polokin has realised they need to keep the GE distracted whilst Lordy, Idea Master, Lilith and Crady get on with it.

And still, where is Xansta?

Very Happy
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

OK, Lebby's character has one of the weirdest Hangover experiences, he spent about 80% of it lying around in various states of unconsciousness.

That's not weird...he just drunk more than the rest of us... Very Happy

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay.... does anyone else think that we really should get this moving again? *raises both hands*

Do I need to take a longer vacation? Because when I was gone a week, it seemed y'alls made wonderful progress... and when I am here.. nothing....

HELLO?! IS ANYONE ELSE COMMITTED TO FINISHING THIS OR NOT?!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this should really get done now, especially as there are two new IF tales running now.

I'll be on to it later today. Wink
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all! Hope you like the post. I wasn't trying to forget anyone on purpose.. it's just that I couldn't remember exactly everyone who was involved at the moment! So don't take it personal!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blast. I had a post. But it seems me and Lily were posting at the exact same time, but her's got in first.

So I took mine out as it was very out of place.
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cackles gleefully* muahaha! I am a faster typer.. yay!... Except I was working on that post for a long, long time... it just wouldn't... WORK right. and then it just sort of twisted and wrote itself.. so blame it .. not me!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ending! Not sure about the 'next morning' paragraph, it is RP, and is only from the point of view of IM - I shall write an epilogue involving everyone, that befits the end of such a magnificent adventure.

Well done everyone!

Very Happy
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! there MUST be a second volume! there must! puhlease....

book 2 yes? Very Happy

at least promote me from hapless insurance salesperson puhlease... Smile
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I haven't been thinking about it... Confused

We need to let things calm down a bit before we start a new one though. There are two IF tales currently in progress, and a Hangover style tale takes a lot of energy and time for everyone concerned...

The site I came from always allowed a 3 month breather between ending one co-writing project and starting another, and for very good reasons!

So, perhaps after the summer, eh?

Wink
NeverNeverGirl
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh okay..you promise?
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it about me and going away? I don't go on IF for two days, come back, and it's finished already.

Bugger.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All posts have been transferred over, and fables credited accordingly.

Congratulations everyone who took part.

I hope you go over and have a look at the final version, you can get to it by the link in my sig, which I'll keep up for another week or so.

Thank you again, for making this work!

Cheers
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordofthenight wrote:
What is it about me and going away? I don't go on IF for two days, come back, and it's finished already.

Bugger.

Aww.. poor Lordy. *snickers* Now you know how I felt when I left for a week and this thing took off again!

But that aside...

WE DID IT! WE FINISHED IT! WHOOT! AND WONDERFUL WORK HOLDING IT TOGETHER AND EDITING OUR POSTS TOGETHER CRUNCHYFROG! THREE CHEERS FOR CRUNCHY!

HIPP HIPP HORRAY!
HIPP HIPP HORRAY!
HIPP HIPP HORRAY!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: