Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Save Me From Myself- POLLING

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Topics: 59

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Save Me From Myself- POLLING Reply with quote

"Beer. Beer. BEER. BEEEEEEEER! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!"

I hit the buzzer of my alarm clock to no avail. The annoying noise continued, and seemed to be coming from somewhere in the vicinity of my chest. I pondered the blanket covered lump on my torso as the torment continued.

"BEEEEEER! Come on man, BEEER! BEER! beer. beer? Beeeeer?"

Hm. It seems my tumor was thirsty. I squirmed a little, trying in vain to shift the lump into a less vocal position, but no luck. I was running out of patience. Ah well, there really is only one way to deal with a malingering, beer-swilling blanket-tumor. I pounded it with the spare pillow.

"Whuf...... OOOOWWWWWwwwwwwwww!"

Geostatick, my furred, feline, annoyingly drunk companion dug his claws into my chest, causing me to sing along to his alcohol fueled whine. I leapt from my bed, dropping the grey and black puffball onto the floor, and examined my chest in the mirror. A series of bloody perforations now added an additional flair to the Terrax TerraFormers logo tattooed there.

"Niice, man!" Geo rubbed against my calf and batted his cat-lashes at me.
"Seriously, that's a hot look. Gonna make all the chicks go wild, I'm sure. Now.. once you're done preening... may I just re-iterate... BEEER! NOW!! IN MY MOUTH!!"

I stumbled past my bedroom curtain, and reached for the kitchenette nook button. As I stepped over the threshold, my foot slid in something warm, moist, and kibble-scented- and I slid helter skelter across the console bridge and into the nearest shelving storage unit. A jumble of cans and vapor-packages pelted my brains as I collapsed onto the floor.

"Ah, thanks, dude!" Geo stood on my groin, the only area previously uninjured, and reached for a six-pack resting in my left eyesocket.

"Yeah, my pleasure. Help yourself." Man. Awesome day. Just awesome.

Last edited by scissorkitty on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter One: Home Sweet Home

Brains only slightly scrambled, Haynes pulled himself from the wreckage of his storage unit, and surveyed the damage. It was impressive, considering the size of the space, and the materials he'd had to work with- but in just a few moments, he had managed to mangle the cabin space into a total dump.

"Ahhh, excellent work, partner. Love what you've done with the place!" The small, furry being parked his cat-like posterior on the only standing piece of furniture available- a chess board covered cube shaped object- and gleefully scratched his ass, beer held aloft in the other grey and black paw.

Haynes glowered at his travelling companion, and proded his sore left eye, squinting into the lid of a nearby tumbled cookpot as a mirror. The new dents and bruises were totally indistinguishable from his usual appearance for several reasons. Not a totally disgusting looking human for the most part, Haynes had been doubly blessed by the Skin Fairy at birth. Not only did he possess the kind of skin that makes veins look like an easily readable Norwegian Quadrant star map, but he also was gifted with a beautiful, irregularly shaped port-wine stain birthmark surrounding his left eye. Black eye? Sure.. just permanently, that's all. The top of his head was covered in a scruffy, sweaty mop of indeterminately blond hair, and his good eye- the one that wasn't swelling slightly more shut than usual, was a charming shade of irritated, blood-shot blue.

The cabin in question was something else altogether- and altogether in keeping with Haynes and his disreputable buddy. Wood paneled and styled in something best labled "tiki couture", the oblong 15 by 10ft space was neatly divided into tiny thirds. At the back end, a curtain depicting a dancing Hawaiian woman sectioned the bedroom from a series of wood-toned cabinetry. These cabinets housed the kitchenette unit, the bathroom facilities, the quote-unquote laundry area, and a variety of hidey-holes and storage shelves- all accessed by a series of buttons next to the curtained lass. The front third of the cabin housed a rotten looking sofa, the chess-table-cube, a few crates, and a ladder going up.

Haynes rummaged through a crate before pulling on a slightly wrinkled grey sweater, neatly streaking it with the tiny dots of blood still staining his chest. Rubbing at them absently, he paused to wipe the kibble from his foot, and hoofed himself up the ladder. Geo the feline neatly followed, pausing only to sniff the pool of fouled kibble- deeming it unworthy of eating a second time.

The deck above in no way resembled the cabin below. Clean, bright, and awash with chrome and glass- although a little chipped in places- the deck was perhaps twice the size of the cabin below, this time circular. Four bucket seats with thick black padding rested facing each other in a depression in the centre of the room. Around them, different chrome modules served as storage, while several glass dividers revealed themselves to be windows of some sort.

Haynes tripped off the ladder, arriving in what might normally be considered a back corner- in a square craft anyway- and arrived behind a half-height curved demi wall. Beside him on the silvery wall, hung a collection of thin, opalescent pieces of tubing. Geo arrived right behind the human, beer can disposed of somewhere along the way, and he neatly snagged a tube off a lower hook before sauntering happily to a seat.

Haynes sniffed the end of one of the tubes, and squinted in the feline's direction.
"Does this smell funny to you? Please tell me you're sticking to your own input lately.. and not trading them all around? Last time I had hair in my mouth for a friggin' month!" He spat a little in remembrance, grabbed an input tube, and threw himself inelegantly into a second seat.

Once settled, both occupants pressed one piece of the tubing to a small input jack on the back of his chosen chair- then quickly passed the other end into his nostril and swallowed. As the shimmering input line tightened, it began to glow with faint traces of colour, and both guys began to assume the twitching responses of dreamers.

After an indeterminate amount of time, Haynes snapped open his eyes, gagged the input line back out of his nose, and looked around in frustration. He waved the tube wildly at Geo, spattering the plush dark fur with little globules of spit and mucus.

"You stupid bugger! Where the hell did you park this thing? Now there's a fine out on it!"

The cat opened one eye discreetly, wrinkled his nose, and neatly pulled out a hairy input of his own. He frowned at the spittle on his coat and ducked his head to begin licking one furry armpit.

"Ohh, just some place special I had in mind. Minor detour- you don't mind, eh man? We can totally walk to the delivery sector after we're inside... what's your stinking hurry, anyway?"

(okay.. DP that makes more sense this time! Where did Geo park, where are they doing, why is Haynes in such a hurry to get to the delivery sector? Suggest for one, or all three.. and then we'll poll it! )

Last edited by scissorkitty on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
TruePurple
Citizen

Topics: 8

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats DP?

You've described their environment, looks, and behavior but not much else. I have no idea whats going on here besides a guy and a talking cat with a magical paw (for a cat to hold a can of anything in one paw is pretty magical) and a weird obsession with beer are in a messy apartment. Not much for a plot.

No idea what they do, how the cat is talking, what magic enhanted his paw, why the hell anyone would be obsessed with beer, short of even just this cat, or even where they are going/what they might do next. No direction or useful detail in regards to a plot.
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, TruePurple! Smile I did leave things a little open ended up there. I was shooting for more information from the reading public regarding why the main deck would differ so much from the cabin below- but perhaps I'd better expand things a bit! Thanks for the feedback!

"DP" is short for "Decision Point"- which is how we play SGs, or "Story Games" here. You can look in the If Technical Institute, on Info Street, for more details on how we game with writing here in If.

I guess it's back for a little re-writing for me on this one!
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat is an alcoholic. I reckon he's parked up outside a hostelry of some kind, that sells beer. And he's hoping to meet up with one of his drunken cat friends.

Haynes, on the other hand, is picking up some illegal contraband of some kind, which he has to do or he wont get paid.
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one! I need at least two more to make a go of the poll! Come on, Ifians! Help a kitty out, won't you? *big eyes, Puss-In-Boots-a la-Shrek style*
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okee dokee~ i NEED poll-ees please!
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just caught up with this, and voted. You've got a tie already!

And I agree with what Puplie said - I have no idea about their world, and would like to know more please.

Tea Cures All.
scissorkitty
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely noted, guys! Laughing I'll take the advice and include some worldy descriptions and info in the next installment. IF I CAN GET A TIE BREAKER! Smile

What the hell is going on here?
Geo parked near a liqour store of some sort and Haynes needs to make a delivery
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Geo parked somewhere NON booze related, for unknown reasons and Haynes needs to make a delivery
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Geo forgot to set the parking break, and things are getting understandably confusing
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
None of the above approaches what i'm thinking, so i'm going to post a new suggestion and see if you re-poll this
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Just pay the parking ticket already.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2
Who Voted: Crunchyfrog, The White Blacksmith

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: