Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Music

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> City Central -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

So, we were having a very peaceful discussion in IF Chat today and music became one of the topics of discussion. With very polite words and no violent threats whatsoever, we shared youtube vids of some music we like. So! I thought we might have a thread where Ifians can share their favorite musica!

And without further ado, I present you with a new discovery I recently started listening to about 3 days ago.

[youtube]v=99ZEAXjQX-8[/youtube]

Edits to add: DARN IT! No embedding youtube vids here.. Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ZEAXjQX-8 There we be.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to set up a link (I'm computor-dumb!). So I thought I'd just say some of my favourite music.
I love songs with alot of emotion in them. It makes the song sound powerful. Examples - Alanis Morrisette:Forgiven, U2:Where the Streets have no name, Muse:Knights of Cydonia, Regina Spektor:The Call, Linkin Park:What I've Done, Bon Jovi:When we were Beautiful, and Thin Lizzy:Emerald.

I like other stuff too. I actually really love listening to movie soundtracks. The soundtrack from the film 'The Lost Boys' is brilliant! The film itself is really good too, if anyone hasn't seen it. I also love the soundtrack from 'The Medicine Man', again great soundtrack and great movie too.

Band-wise, I love Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Thin Lizzy, U2, Linkin Park, and Muse.
Singer-wise, I like Alanis Morrisette, Lady Gaga, Pixie Lott, Paloma Faith and Annie Lennox. Wink

Last edited by Tikanni Corazon on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Topics: 17

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the link isn't any good, youtube took the vid down. As for me... geez, this is a looong list. I make no apologies for liking anyone on this list because of things like their ethnicity, their private lives, they're old and outdated, they're too contemporary or popular, they're hokey, they're comedic, they're freaks and weirdos, they're too obscure, etc... none of that crap matters to me. What moves me moves me.

Aerosmith, Afroman, Allan Sherman, The Animals, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Billy Idol, The Black Mages, Blind Melon, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, Bob Schneider, Butthole Surfers, Cake, Cargo Cult, Cat Stevens, Conglomerate, David Bowie, Dead Can Dance, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince, Eric Clapton, Everclear, Everly Brothers, Fats Domino, Flaming Lips, Foo Fighters, Green Jell-O, Harry Chapin, Jeff Buckley, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Eat World, Johnny Society, Jon LaJoie, Juluka, Kaoru Wada, Kei Wakakusa, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Led Zeppelin, Mars Volta, (old) Metallica, Michael Jackson, Modest Mouse, Mohamed Rouane, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, The Offspring, Oingo Boingo, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Pixies, Prince, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Simon and Garfunkel, (old) Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, The Specials, Spoon, Stone Temple Pilots, System of a Down, Tom Waits, Tool, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Van Morrison, Vines, Violent Femmes, Weezer, Weird Al Yankovic and The White Stripes.

Either I have very broad tastes, or I'm not that picky. Haven't figured it out yet.

Sector 17 -- Rebuilding... ... ...

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter--bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter
And because it is my heart."  -- Stephen Crane
Amichan
Treasurer

Topics: 18
Location: RL:Roseboro, NC./ IF: Retuning from a long journey in the land of OFF

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put my 2 cents in here but i face the same dilemma as Resio . I have too much music i like
Tikanni Corazon
Honored Citizen

Topics: 75
Location: Running through the plains of my mind, my wolf spirit at my side (but doing so in the UK!).

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Bon Jovi's new album 'The Circle' for my birthday yesterday. Brilliant!
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love....*gasps for breath!*....love, love Bon Jovi! And the band is pretty good too! HA! Laf

Guyron
Resident

Topics: 3

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true music lover likes anything that is not phonic pollution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zHVW7Zy_vg

HalfEmptyHero
Headmaster of the Academy

Topics: 33

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage Against the Machines, Smashing Pumpkins, The Offspring, Angels and Airwaves, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Weezer, Cake, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Iron Maiden, Eagles, Live. These are a few of my favorite bands.
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Open Forum -> Open Forum Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: