Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Origin of Dragonite

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dragonite
Resident

Topics: 11

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: The Origin of Dragonite Reply with quote

This is Dragonite's Life Story...
----------------------------------------------

My name now is Dragonite...But that wasn't always my name. My true name is Logan Dargian. I was Human, I was normal. I lived in a small Village. I wore rags. I had Human parents. It started on an Autumn day. The ground was scattered with brown crunchy leaves that were fun to jump on and hear the crunch beneath the rags we used as shoes.

I was with my friends chasing a couple of Squirrels when my mother called me in. I ran back to our little hut and sat down for supper. I prayed then dug into the meat. He ate quietly and a cool breeze flowed into the open doorway. The air washed over me pleasantly. The breeze blew the hair from my forehead. I sat back against the hardwood chair.

After supper we walked as a family up to the hill where we sat until sun set watching the beautiful lights of IF from afar. I leaned on my mothers lap as she stroked my hair and hummed. I closed my eyes and drifted off into a sleep.

I dreamed I was in my village surrounded by screaming people and fire. I looked up and stared at myself in the reflection of a giant yellow eye. It moved back and i saw the true horror. A gigantic dragon towered over me. But it wasn't paying any attention to me. It had its attention focused on two people pleading in front of it.

"Please take us and leave spare our son" The man was yelling. I realized with horror it was my father. The woman next to my father turned and saw me.

"RUN LOGAN! RUN!" His mother screamed at me with tears running down her face. I stumbled back and started to run. The dragon noticed my sudden movement and came after me. I heard a sickening crunch but i didn't dare look back to find out who or what it was. I ran fast. I was terrified. Continuously I pinched myself hoping it would wake me from this nightmare.

The dragon stomped in front of me and I tripped backwards in the dirt. The great beast opened its jaws to roar. But instead a female voice came from within.

"I can not kill an Infant as I have killed its parents. The only thing i can do is care for you." the dragon said. She grabbed the back of my shirt and lifted me into the air. She flapped her mighty wings and she flew fast to her cave. It seemed like hours but it was only a few minutes.

I learned to eat like a dragon and to respect there culture. When I turned 14 I believed I WAS a dragon. My "Mother" never answered me when i asked why i had no wings or scales. But on my 14th Birthday, she told me.

"You see son, every dragon is born with no scales and wings but they have to be transformed. By the Dragons most precious crystal. The Aether Crystal.You must lay and hand on it and you will be transformed. And the day you become a dragon is Today!" She said.

I was very excited as she led me down the Cave corridor and led me to a room. In the middle was a glowing Orange Crystal. I walked up and laid a hand on it. As i did that my hand grew very hot and I felt myself transforming. My skin Hardened, My ears pointed and moved to the top of my skull, I grew wings, and a tail popped out from behind me.

I moved back and studied myself in a pool of water. I was a Dragon.

My mother smiled. Now Logan I must give you a name befitting a True Dragon. I will call you Dragonite, Meaning Halfway Dragon, now you have a choice among you. You may Stay with me...or Leave
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Linear District
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: