Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Story Concerns and News

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Pirates, Vampires, and Ninjas, Oh My!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Random

Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Story Concerns and News Reply with quote

Hi all,

After much deliberation I have decided to take pirates off the main site and move it back into the Humor forum. Between the REnaissance Festival (where I work as a member of the thieves den), my newly formed band (I play drums), and this new job (which is much busier than my last job) I do not have the time to give a chapter a month.

I feel this has affected the story for the worst. The chapters are feeling rushed, and have lost a lot of the techniques I was using to make it funny, or at least attempt to. As a moderator and a strong supporter of this site, I feel it is my duty to lead by example. I would rather give you a quality story that is amusing and well written then a rushed bunch of words that will simply take us to the next chapter.

Key has been so very kind to offer me a chance to get put back in the main forum if I find my time has opened up. This is very possible but not until the end of september. With other writers meeting the requirements or going beyond those, I do not feel it is fair that my story sits in limbo while I try to get caught up.

I'll leave this post up for a couple of days before making the move.

Thanks for all your understanding and support.
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Topics: 58

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you just take a break, and don't abandon it altogther, I like this one a lot.

I think many of the stories are going through dry spells. I know mine is.

Araex

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you dare abandon this completely whatever you do! Good luck in your jobs and bands. What sort of music do you play?
Random

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story will continue but this way I can continue it at the pace I need to instead of rushing through it so it stays active. I have way too many ideas yet to be played out for this one to stop it altogether.

I play Celtic Folk music with a bit of bluegrass roots. Smile
Araex

Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wicked - celtic stuff rocks
Reiso
Respected Citizen

Topics: 17

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem man, like the others said, as long as you keep it going in some form, it's cool. During the dry spell that preceded the site's transition, I got to say that keeping up with Pirates was pretty much one of very few reasons I was logging in for two or three months.

I am way too familiar with delays and not cutting the story for time concerns. We manage to get those things out, but then I have far more free time than I'd like most of you to think.

(Muawahahahahaaha!)

Also, good luck with the band! We just did our first gig this last friday (well, semi-gig that is), and were met with a far greater response than we ever expected or thought to deserve - I wish you the same!

Sector 17 -- Rebuilding... ... ...

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter--bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter
And because it is my heart."  -- Stephen Crane
my self

Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be here, enjoying this awesome story, no matter where it's moved to. I hope you can continue it just as well as I've come to expect from this story.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Pirates, Vampires, and Ninjas, Oh My! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: