Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Charming in Life # 20-Deja Who?---Final Chapter!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Chapter Four: A Beatdown and a Beauty Queen Reply with quote

Okay Charming needs to shave his legs and put on some lipstick cuz he's about to get a crash course in juvenile beauty pagents...
----------

Chapter Four: A Beatdown and a Beauty Queen

He ran their hand's through their hair agonizing over the decision he faced. Finally he decided to be a gentleman. "Okay, we'll go to the stupid pagent." Her response was so enthusiastic that he momentarily lost control of the body while she hopped up and down on the bed clapping her hands and squealing in delight.

'Oh thanks, thanks so much! By the way my name is Donna Arlingtion and you are Prince Charming, so you say, and I'm well...sorta glad to meet you.' In truth Charming wasn't doing it out of the goodness of his heart. He remembered Cyre saying something about people wigging out if his host suddenly stopped acting like herself. So off to the pagent.

Donna settled down and Charming found himself back in the drivers seat in no time. "I have a favor to ask you Donna. You're going to have to teach me to be a beauty queen cuz...well...it's not something I was interesting in being in life." Being with...now that was a different story...

'I'll call it a fair trade if you'll tell me just how you ended up in my body in the first place.' Charming moved from the bed to the vanity mirror and sat down on the stool. Picking up a hairbrush he began to brush out their white-blond locks.

"Well...it all started like this..."
---------------

Meanwhile, Cyre was examining the remains of Charming's car. She'd returned to the spot of his final hours in order to gain whatever information she could from the still cooling wreckage. Getting a better look at the cut breaklines she bent down and was immediantly glad that she hadn't tried to make Charming a zombie...she just didn't have the paitence to wait while a pile of ooze followed her around.

She had just reached out to touch the cut in the lines when she felt space and time warp behind her. She stood and braced herself as her old...friend...Grim materialized before her.

He stood in a pool of perpetual shadows, a ragged, tattered, and patched, robe of black sackcloth with a deep cowled hood covered everything but his hands. The two boney apendages gripped his sycth, with it's warped shaft and battered blade, in a combat position infront of him. He took one look at her and her outrageous outfit and laughed so hard his hood fell back and tears ran out of his empty sockets.

"Rich! Just rich! Somehow I never imagined you in pink Cyre! But it suits you...in a freakish way." Suddenly he became all buisiness, red fire dancing in his empty eye orbits. "It's a pity I'll have to get your blood all over it." With that he swept out his scyth. As a matter of reflex Cyre blocked it with hers only to watch as the pink horror was cleaved in two.

Grim let out a shrieking laugh and pointed. His laugh died to a gurgle as Cyre replanted her stance into that of a martial artist and jerked her chin at him. "Bring it." The scyth swept out and Cyre evaded it with a fluid movement. Cloth tore as it caught one of her trailing sleeves and Cyre didn't care.

She dodged his backswing with yet another liquid movment and once more cloth tore as Grim missed her flesh completely. Suddenly she went on the offensive, her movements like a flash flood battering the skeleton and making his bones rattle like windchimes in a hurricane. More cloth tore and Grim was forced to back up as a rib dropped to the dirt.

"What are you using woman?! This something new from the Heavenly Academy!" Cyre shook her head and returned to her ever-changing ready pose.

"Nope. It's just something I've been doing in my spare time to relax." She eyed her opponant up and down. "You know Grim, you should really try Tai Chi. It's relaxing, revitalizing, and it's oh so satisfying to watch somebody get their ass kicked by it." The Grim Reaper had seen Tai Chi before. It was slow, fluid, and completely harmless...or so he'd thought.

The battle renewed with enthusiasim, his bones rattling, her robe becoming more tattered than his. A rip opened over one wing, then the other, and a sudden jerky move brought a sudden turn of events. Grim's scyth blade was caught in the lacings of her bodice. One jerk would cut the strings and the entire robe would just slide off. She looked into his learing eye sockets. "Grim don't..."

He didn't listen only pulled. The strings snapped and the robe fell...reavealing a whole new outfit under it. A tight black open backed halter top wrapped around her neck and stopped a pair of inches above where her low rider jeans took over. The jeans were so ripped and holey that they were little more than a lace work of denim over her long legs. It was the gun, however, that caught his attention.

It had a barrel as long as a man's forearm and a comfort grip desinged for one hand, and one hand alone. It looked like a business weapon and it's brother rested easily on her hip. She smiled at him from down the barrel of the gun. His sockets widened as he heard the safety click off. "I told you don't."

The resulting boom from the hand cannon echoed for miles and was heard by every being of darkness down to the marrow of their bones. Grim's skull vaporized into powder and his body and such vanished in a puff of noxious green smoke. The only thing left behid was a bronze chain with an odd square charm on the end. Holstering her weapon she picked up the charm and tossed it into the air, catching it again.

A vampyre clan marker with blood still fresh. The pact could still easily be read. Six souls for Grim if he would only cut the breaklines on one white Mustang...things had just gotten interesting.
----------------

"And that is how I ended up in your body." Donna was awed into silence and Charming was getting the impression that silent was something Donna almost never was. Finally, almost trembling, she spoke.

'You single handedly killed an army of zombies and enslaved the Angel of Death to your will? What kind of man are you?" Charming opened his mouth to reply but was cut off before he could.

"The kind that likes to bullshit to make himself look good. What kind of lies have you been telling the girl Charming?" They spun around to stare at Cyre and their jaw dropped. Charming wished to no avail to suddenly become physical in his own body and Donna was ready to kill for some hair and makeup tips.

"I was just..."

"Shut up. Donna you're all packed and ready to go right?" The girl nodded her head, realized she didn't have control of her body to do so, and squeaked out a yes. "Good, when dose the plane leave."

'One.' Cyre glanced at the clock, seven a.m. She paced back and forth, her quicksliver mind running in high gear.

"Okay here's the new plan. Charming you are to hide in that body like you don't exist. Cede all control of it over to Donna now!" After a breif struggle Donna resumed control over her body. "Donna I need you to wear this at all times, don't take it off for any reason." A small silver cross appeared in her outstretched hand. Donna put it on and arranged it just so.

"What's this for...if you don't mind my asking?"

"Charming is in trouble with vampyres."

"What!" Charming's voice, not tempered any coming from Donna's vocal chords reverberated in the room.

"Easy boy. Just take a nap in Donna's skull and everything will be fine. The last place they'll look for you is hidden in a beauty queen at a national level beauty pagent." Donna nodded. "I'll be in touch but for now," Her her eyes grew steely. "You two take care. I have some buisness with some soon to be re-dead bloodsuckers." With that she vanished again.

Donna turned herself back to the task of getting dressed, the visitor in her body little more than a blank spot in the back of her skull. She smirked. "Bent the Angel of Death to your will huh?"

'Just shut up and go to the stupid pagent...I'm so sick of unlife that no life seems a much better alternative.'
--------

It was dusk by the time she got into town finally ready to take care of one last piece of buisiness before her interview with a vampire. Cyre walked up to a small garage that looked like it hadn't been used for years...thirty-two to be exact. She slipped inside without a sound and moved through the empty, dusty space toward the only other object in the room...a sheet covered object.

With a flourish Cyre whipped the dust cover off the most radical chopper known to man. Mostly chrome with a soft cream colored paint and leather seat the color of butter milk she caressed it's recurved handle bars.

Settling herself back in the seat again she twisted her key in the igniton and kicked out the clutch, which was just for show, this baby responded to her every though. With a roar that shattered the night Cyre slammed out of the old garage and whooped in joy. Damn it was good to be back on the streets.

Underneith her the bike glimmered as streetlights bounced off of it and they owned the night. She pulled up infront of a club called 'Maximum Crimson' and parked the bike in the lot, confident that nobody would attempt to steal it. She hadn't made it more than five feet before somebody tapped her on the shoulder.

"She yours?" Cyre nodded and the man examined the bike again. "A Pale Horse, that her name?" Again the nod. "Cool." And just like that he shuffled off into the night. Now Cyre turned her attention back to the bouncer and the line that was already beginning to form at the door. She could just wait in line and use a minor illusion on her guns, or she could bluff the bouncer out of her way with pure mind might...under the circumstances it would be better two...

"Music makes you braver."
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing Charming putting up with the Beauty Queens from Hell Very Happy

I think Cyre shouldn't use her powers any more than she has to. It might draw the wrong sort of attention, and while I'm sure she can take care of herself, I'm sure she doesn't want the extra hassle it brings.

Minor illusion on the guns. Mind magic if that fails Smile
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Shady.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a pale horse? now there's a surprise

could you remind me - how old is charming?

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point LoN, I never did tell you guys how old Charming is...infact there are a lot of personal details lacking on all three main characters...Well here's a quick rundown.

Charming: Donna:
Hight: 6'5" Hight: 5'7"
Weight: 250lbs Weight: 160lbs
Hair: Auburn Hair: White Blond
Eyes:Green Eyes: Sapphire

Cyre:
Hight: 6'2"
Weight: 100lbs, she's an angel and gotta fly folks
Hair: Metallic Silver
Eyes: Liquid Metallic Silver.

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also have you never heard the saying 'Death rides a pale horse'. I believe that one comes straight from the Bilble, no disrespect intended.

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that line was sarcasum

oh well then - charming's a bit old to really* enjoy a teen beauty pagent

*legally

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt that possessing someone is leagal either but hey...nothing's going to stop Charming from enjoying that pagent...except...well...don't want to give away the surprise...

Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I'm on a Kalanna catch-up comment session this lunchtime - another one I read and didn't comment. Confused

Good chapter, I'm really liking Cyre's character.

Technically 16 is legal (here in the UK anyway Wink ) so Charming 'could' enjoy it as far as I'm concerned but I don't see it being likely unless they all look (at least) 3 years older than they are Smile

I voted for wait in line and use minor magic. She's not in a hurry really - I'm sure she'll be happy for Charming to have to spend a little longer as a beauty queen wanna-be Smile

Happy Writing. Smile
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just evil...and I like it...

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, yes he could (where is it set btw) but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be a few eyebrows raised

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagent's in Miami Florida...and yes Charming is going to cause difficulties that have BIG consequences.

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant he just let her control the body until it's over?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Prince Dakkar

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Wait in line and use minor illusions Laughing
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to my corner of insanity Dakkar! Feel free to post the most off the wall comments as possible...I like challenges...

LoN well...just wait and see...

Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Chapter Five: Rock the Casbah Reply with quote

When I say three day's I mean three days...here's the latest installment.
--------------

Chapter Five: Rock the Casbah

Under the circumstances it would just be better to wait in line. After all it wasn't like she was in a hurry or anything...didn't have any other pressing business to attend to. She patted her guns, securing minor illusions as she did so. Nothing overt enough have the spell call attention to itself, just a mere bending of light, a simple 'I'm not here'

She slouched causually against a wall, not even garnering looks from the other would be club patrons. For once she was glad that there weren't any psychics or sensitives around. She didn't want to waste the effort to conceal herself from them...it was good enough normal people couldn't tell what she was...perks of the job.

Finally after about a half hour she was up infront of the bouncer. "Now what's a nice girl like you want to go in there for?" Cyer could tell that the guy though she was just another one of the underage patrons trying to slip past security...of all the rotten luck. Wasn't it enough that she looked twenty! Apparently not. "I'm going to have to see some I.D. missy if you want to get into the club."

"And I'd just let her pass if you want to go home with both kneecaps intact J.C." An elegant man dressed in a white leasure suit patted the bouncer on the arm. He wore a small half cape with bright flamingo pink silk lining, a huge wide brimmed white hat with a pink hat band and an ostrich feather in it, and a long white cane with a pink bubble at the top.

J.C. looked at the 'pimp daddy' and scooted aside. "If I'da known she was with you boss I'da never stopped her. What was she doing waiting in line? Being polite?" Both the 'pimp' and Cyre doubled over in laughter. As she walked into the club they were still laughing and J.C. couldn't figure out why. He just went back to harassing the rest of the line.

Maximum Crimson never failed to offend Cyre's senses. Her eyes were watering from all of the eye blearing red and lightless black that made up the interior decorations. Her nose was seriously affronted by the smell of old blood that clung everywhere, although she doubted that anyone besides herself and the vamps in the club could smell it.

The air seemed dry and scratchy to her skin and tough as she was she'd never be able to stomach the cooking...the cook might spice it just for her and then...uhhhg. The music this time wasn't half bad, the stage band had talent...even if it was only a little bit of talent.

But the worst affront was to her fashion sense. Maximum Crimson seemed to appeal only to the color-blind and nostrally deprived. Make-up was caked on with the ruthless efficency of road-crews steam adhering the yellow median line to the blacktop, and in the most garish and clashing of colors. Call her jaded but these women needed the femal equivalent of the 'Fab Five'...

Their perfume wasn't much better. When they hadn't taken a perfectly good scent and messed it up by bathing in it, they picked something that had all the plesant freshness of a hygenically challenged sewer inspector in the middle of summer. She nearly gagged. Ack, blood and rotting roses...

Slowly the pimp led her to a table in the back corner where three other men, with better taste in cloathing, sat regarding her with mixtures of arrogance and revulsion...well that feeling was mutual. They actually edged away from her when they sat down...classic male ego...when wounded retreat.

"Easy guys. If I was here on that kind of buisiness you guy's would already be little piles of ash." The pimp nodded.

"Cyre's on the level guys...never done us no harm on purpose...pretty cool even..." One of the other men silenced him with a swiftly raised hand. Cyre studied him even as he studied her. He was new, powerful...and desperatly trying to out intimidate her.

"What do you want Death." He really had lost his cool, hissing at her from between his fangs.

"Put those away in public young man. I won't tolorate open displays of vampyre hostility...unless you want to go out with me."

All the male jaws at the table dropped. "Go out with you...on a date?"

"Sure. We can take a nice moonlight stroll, ride like demons through the city on a pair of suped-up choppers, scare the crap out of little goth-wannabies, and then..." she dropped her voice to a really seductive whisper. "The we could watch the sun rise together." The vamp had been half believing her and then he snapped out of it. "That's right Sparky, I'll fry you faster than an egg on a superheated sidewalk."

For a moment nobody spoke...then one of the other two vamps, a guy in a pinstrip suit, spoke up. "Not to say that we're not charmed to have you..."

"Which you're not but go on..."

"But, uh, normally you don't just drop in on us for...pleasure reasons..." Sparky slapped his hand on the table.

"Oh spit it out man. What he's trying to say is why are you here Death? Why us, why here, why now?"

Cyre pulled out the blood marker. "Clan Nafaru made a deal with Grim,"

"Your better half." The young vamp at the table didn't realize she'd heard him until ice water suddenly fell out of the sky and dumped on him...there was just enough holy water in the mix to make it sting on his skin, like salt in an open wound, and to burn in his eyes like shampoo.

"As I was saying they made a deal with Grim. Six souls, of your clanmates I expect, were given over too him if he would just cut the breaklines on one insignificant white Mustang." Skippy, the suit, the kid, and the pimp all suddenly became jumpy...and there is nothing worse than sitting at a table with four vampyres who were suddenly as jumpy as siamese cats.

"You mean the Charming job? You're here for info on that? That's a tall order to fill...even for you...I mean it's something big! Word on the street's that it all has to do with angels' blood if you know what I mean..." He was going to want payment of some kind.

"What's it gonna cost me?" Sparky opened his mouth but the pimp answered.

"Two songs. Last time you played you blew the place off the joint."

"Last time I played it disintigrated into a madhouse." Sparky looked at Pimp.

"She plays? We'd acutally have an angel play in our club?" For a moment he looked thoughtful then shook his head. "Not on my watch. Put her onstage and the next thing you know she's gonna be singing some 'save our soul' song." Cyre chuckled...she just might at that...

"Done. I'll play but only one song." She practically glided over to where the band was resting on stage for a moment and waved the singer off to the side. A few moments later he reappeared on stage.

"Hey all you party animals out there, we've got a treat for you. Direct from the Afterlife the Angel of Death will serenade you with a sure crowd favorite." There were many snickers from those in the crowd who hadn't been here the last time Cyre played. She smiled out over the audiance and proceeded to cut them apart with a perfectly played, perfectly sung, cover of a favorite song of hers...Perfect Strangers by Deep Purple...this was gonna be fun.
----------

Charming wasn't having fun though. He was curled up in the back of Donna's mind trying to keep control of himself. He thought he was going to go nuts when Donna's perfect and pretty friends were hugging her...and he lost it when Donna's boyfriend came over to give her a kiss.

At first he thought he was going to be able to block it out...but then he knew he couldn't...on a visceral level they were still linked...and on a visceral level he made them puke. Not just any kind of puke...it was the projectile pea-soup puke from the Exorcist. Her boyfriend got a new makeover and Donna had to plead nerves...something she'd never had before.

She fled to the bathroom, locked them into a stall, and then stormed into her mind like an angery nun during the Inquisition. "What do you think you're doing! If Reggie never speaks to me again because of this I am sooo going to complain to Cyre..."

'You really think that's going to do any good. She'd just tell you to shut up and quit whining.' Donna shut her mouth.

"You're right. I need to appeal higher! I'm going to pray to God and then I'm going to the first church I can find and have them bless you right outta me!"

"But that'll take time and you'll miss the pagent..." He didn't know if what she was suggesting would work...if Cyre had ever said anything about exorcisims he hadn't been paying attention...damn those playing cards...next time they met he was going to use them for firestarters.

"Who cares if I miss the pagent! You're going to mess it all up anyway! Make me fall flat on my face, or puke on another contestant or worse..." She paled under her tan. "What if you make me puke on the judge! I am so going to the church!"

"No!" Charming's voice rippled out in the quiet of the girls bathroom. Both Donna and Charming sat in stunned silence. The voice that had come out of Donna's mouth hadn't been hers...it had been his a physical impossibility.

Regaining her control over her voicebox Donna dropped to her knees and prayed to heaven for help and assistance. The next then Charming knew the whole stall was flooded with glowing golden light and something was descending.

Lowered from heaven on a thick hemp rope that was tied around his prodigious waist, the fat angel squeezed into the stall with them. "Hello Donna. I'm Bubba your guardian angel and I heard you had a pesky little problem with an unwelcome visitor in your body."

Donna and Charming looked at each other inside her head. "How come you get the hot one?" She whispered feircly at him.

'Lucky I guess. This guy sure dosn't look like he could help much...dosen't even look like much of an angel. I bet if Satan shoved a donught under his nose he'd go for it in an instant.'

"I can hear everything you say young man. I wouldn't go for anything your filthy master's hand has touched!" He scratched himself, not easy to do in the cramped stall, and pulled a cross out from a place better not mentioned. "Now begon with you demon!"

It would have made a better impression if Bubba hadn't farted at just that instant...it would have been even better if it had worked. "What in the hell...?" Bubba muttered. "Who are you and what are you doing in there?"

What was Charming going to do now? Spill the beans and tell Bubba that it was all Cyre's fault? Tell Bubba nothing? Oh what was he going to do now with Cyre nowhere to be found...what was he going to do?

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, interesting! I like the vamp club, that was great! Smile

Now, let's see...

This guardian angel chappie thinks that Charming is a demon. Well, his faith should just have been shaken by the fact that the cross has no effect. He should believe us when we tell him that we're not one of Satan's minions.

Furthermore, I'm guessing Cyre could kick his fat bottom from one end of the afterlife to the other. So, tell him that you're looking into your own recent assassination, Cyre put you in this body for safe-keeping and she'll be mad as hell if he does anything to jeopardize your safety Smile

That should stir things up, one way or another!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Tell the fat angel to get lost!

Hehe. Fat.

Nice chapter old Rai! Very goth. Very Happy
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Shady Smile

Nice chapter.
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add to the growing chorus.

I really liked this chapter. It was an excellent, solid chapter that made me grin in a few places, and moved the plot nicely. Smile

I don't think Cyre will appreciate her name getting involved. It'll draw attention to him, and any spies Satan has in heaven will probably hear of it.

Although heaven may have an anti-spy firewall I still don't think Cyre will be too happy. If this hiding place is compromised who knows where she'll stick us next! He puked at his host kissing her boyfriend, what if she sticks him in a gay guy's body next.

No...no... best avoided.

So how to deal with the upstart angel?

It would be tempting to pretend to be a demon, but that'll likely rile him and he'll go for reinforcements. Best to placate him, wail abit like you are getting exorcised. After a final large scream he needs to hide as small and silent as he can - the angel can only hear him if he speaks, and Donna was barely aware of him when he was quiet. Hopefully this will be enough.

Once he's gone he's going to have to assure Donna that he won't upset her contest.

Happy Writing. Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i F5 Smee

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the long absence...if shady will delete the poll I'll get to crack-a-lackin' on the options...and who knows what'll happen next...

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go. Done Smile
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Good job. I think delaying is the best thing we can do right now.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll's up.

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i changed my mind, and went for daemon - mainly because - it's a daemon

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
seijunna

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bet you thought i would never get around to doing this huh. Thought since i was down south i'd catch up on the chapters they're pretty good!! what is it you wanted a post card or something?? later
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Chapter Six: I'll Take Fake an Exorcisim for 500 Alex.... Reply with quote

You wanted it...you got it...sorry for the delay...
---------

Chapter Six- I'll Take Fake an Exorcisim for 500 Alex...

It was definetly cramped in the bathroom stall...Bubba could have easily filled it by himself. For a moment Charming debated telling Bubba to shove that cross where the sun don't shine...then he decided to play along.

He took control of Donna for just an instant and utter a few horrible curses toward the now smug face of Bubba. Then he pulled himself inward as small and quiet as he could. He concentrated on not being there...on being just another speck of blackness in Donna's empty head.

For an instant hope bloomed in his soul. "That's not gonna cut it kid." Bubba snarled and shoved Donna hard against the stall door, shoving them out into the open. So much for hope...

Bubba knocked Charming/Donna to the floor and pinned him down. He pulled a small boom box from behind his back. Grinning he flashed a Britney Spears CD. "Hey I thought you were her Guardian Angel. That you were supposed to love her and keep her safe?"
"You never heard of tough love before?" Charming could only scream...
----------

Cyre's one number had turned into two, then two into four...then before she knew it she'd jammed with the band for two hours, sparking a feeding frenzy among the vamps in the club. Just as they finished the last number in their set Charming's horrified scream of terror.

She tossed her guitar into thin air and waved to Sparky and the others. "Gotta go guys. I'll be back for the info later!" Before she knew it the four vamps from the table had surrounded her.

"What's the hurry Cyre. We've got all night." Vamps...would they never learn. Before any of their thirsty fangs could open a vein Cyre sprang into action with all her many years of formidible combat training. She elbowed one in the gut, smashing her fist into his face as he doubled over.

She caught Pimp in the crotch with her knee and shoved him to one side. She then smashed the heads of the other two together. With deliberate malice she pulled one of Sparky's fangs out by the roots. "It's been real but I gotta go. Pressing buisiness of Death ya'know."

"Wait," Sparky choked out. "The others...the plot's not against the human prince...he was bait...for you...they're after angel blood...your blood...Valient has more answers than I..."

"Then they just asked for a one way ticket to pain...Thanks Sparky I'll let you live...this time..."

Just like that she vanished toward Charming...
-----------

Charming knew what it'd be like in hell. He kneeled on the bathroom floor, fingers jammed as far down their ears as they'd go, trying desperately to withstand Bubba's ingenious assault. Then suddenly, mercifully, he was jerked free of his body. The music cut off just as Britney was begging for one more time...

Bubba looked around surprised at the slivery figure that leaned against the wall, plug in hand. "My aren't we the creative one?" Bubba jiggled all over like a bowl full of linty Jell-O. His knees would have knocked except they were too fat so they just made a sticky squishy sound instead.

"M...my...my lady. W...what..ah...what are you d..do..doing here?" Cyre eyed Donna, who was now a drooling wreck, and then Charming, who was becoming more solid by the instant.

"I came for a parcel of mine." She jerked thumb at Charming. "I know he doesn't seem like much but I've been charged with helping him." Bubba nodded, shaking even harder. "Will you stop that? All that shaking is lible to start a quake." Bubba's shakes subsided to an all over body quiver.

Cyre sighed. "Come on Charming we've got to pay a visit to your brother." Cyre stepped away from the wall and walked over to where Charming was looking almost like a real person.

She reached out and grabbed his arm...then frowned when she realized he was rather fleshly. Something strange was going on here. She whirled to face Bubba and stalked across the room to him. "Fat man talk fast..." That was as far as she got.

A sudden light filled the room and the razor sharp edge of a chillingly cold blade pressed firmly against the side of Cyre's neck. "You smell like vampyre young lady. I demand an explanation of your...recent behaviour."

Slowly Cyre brought her hand up and gently pushed away the blade turning slowly to face the angel that stood behind her. As she turned her shocking clothing changed into a silver robe the exact shade of her hair, eyes, and wings. Her guns vanished and a simple scyth replaced them.

"I was trying to help him." The massive angel with his huge sword gazed sternly from Charming to Cyre.

"I think introductions are in order." Cyre quietly nodded and motioned for Charming to come and stand next to her. It was as subdued and quiet as Charming had ever seen her...no matter how awsome the angel before her was...something big was going on here.

"Sir this is Prince Charming my charge whom I'm helping fulfill his Act of Vengance." The angel grimly nodded to Charming as Cyre turned to face him. She took a few deep breaths and then steadied herself against her scyth.

"Charming this is the Archangel Michael, the right hand of God...and my Father..." For a moment Charming couldn't quite comprehend what Cyre was telling him...then it hit...and he fainted.

"Excitable fellow...isn't he?" Cyre nodded. Far away in some blackness in his mind Charming heard their continued conversation...yet he also heard a rasping whisper.

"Sooon...soon...she'll...be...MINE!" He sat bolt upright and smacked his head against Cyre's staff. Clutching his wounded forehead Charming struggled to remember what he'd heard...but the words were slipping away. He wanted to tell them what he'd heard...yet there was a strange compulsion not to speak...what was he going to do?

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! So who is her mother!

Nice chappy Rai, I am in a bit of a rush now, so, later...
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is hotting up now! So, they're after Cyre's blood are they? It makes sense that nobody would be after a self-obsessed runt like Charming himself Very Happy

Well, I'd say he should tell. He doesn't seem like one who would easily take orders, whether they came from inside his head or outside. He's too used to being the master of his own little part of the universe.

So, speak. Let them know what he heard. Then we'll see what happens...
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he's used to giving orders but Charming's a little short on willpower...he could be out manouvered by a bar of chocolate at times...

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, who can blame him - those chocolate bars, damn tricky at times

i'd say tell them, but it depends just how much of a hold the strange voice actually has on him

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Stoat, nix the poll so I can get around to answering some of the questions I've created...

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Smile
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay you'se peoples. It's late and da poll's up so vote and be done with it...things are starting to get interesting...

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want me to delete the Poll Kalanna? It seems to have hit the 'options 1 & 2 are the same' bug again *sigh*
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, just saw that myself. sorry shady but if you want a laugh I've got those Knights in white satin worked into the other one...hehehe

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's deleted now - and I'm posting a reply to the other one as we speak Smile
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay now the polls up. Have fun...

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: