Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Death of an Age, CHAPTER 27- ALL THINGS MUST END
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never realised the poll was up - for next time making a post saying it is would be helpful

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Topics: 9

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll get to the next chapter in a little bit...

Abattoir Chapter 2!
jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay!!!! Very Happy... I was waiting for it! :hm:

-Jess
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 3- The Dragon

Forenius stared longingly out the tower window. The sun was setting far in the distance over the swamps, turning the horizon shades of crimson, orange, and violet. How he wanted nothing more than to flee.

But that would not be. The Lady would be counting on that. There were more than likely more guards than even he could dispatch. The trolls ahd underestimated his prowess once already and the warrior was certain that they, although stupid, were nowhere dull enough to make the same assumption twice. He turned from the view before him as at the same time he felt that he was turning his back on his people.

Traitor.

That was what the voice in his head screamed like a maniac. No matter how rationally he argued that by the current path he could garner yet more of a strategic advantage, it would not be silent. It began to gnaw at his nerves, tear at his sanity, pluck at the strings of his patriotic soul.

It was almost unbearable, but still he pressed on. He weaved his way through twisted corridors, darkened passages, and wiggled under a narrow crawlspace. Finally, he reached the library of his foe, the true enemy, the rover of borders and most of all, the great strategist whose genius had laid behind the massacre of his countrymen at the Plains of Pretachus. It was time for some wrath of the Almighty.

Although it had begun as a complete failure, Forenius still held complete faith that his god was behind him in this crusade. The disaster was not due to the lack of caring by some cosmic deity, instead by the blind ambition and foolhardiness of a singular man, the king of Al'Jorrideen. He had been elected commander of the combined armies, but with his inept choice of battlefield, had doomed the greatest fighting force known to man. Now, he was worm food, a head on a peg whose eyes had been plucked out long ago by the carrion birds.

With these thoughts dancing in his mind, he slowly drew the blade from behind his back as he opened the door. Almost nothing was known about the one who called himself Lord Jeryon. Except that like all things, cold steel was a sure cure for the life of evil that he had indulged.

The door slowly creaked on its ancient hinges, revealing a room with walls lined with books of all shapes, sizes, and colors covering every subject known to man, and, it was possible, a few that weren't. Weapons of immeasurable value and gems of absurd size lay scattered across the floor like trash. It was a hoard to make even the richest of kings green with envy.

In the center of the room sat an older man covered in a simple brown robe, much like that of a monk. He was bent over a dusty tome, transcribing indecipherable heiroglyphics onto a yellowed scroll with a bright blue feather pen. Not even bothering to look up, he muttered something beneath his breath which Forenius could not hear.

"Lord Jeryon, I would suppose? I pictured you as being younger, much younger..." The paladin announced as he edged his way into the room being cautious of his surroundings.

"Oh, I can see why. I am not Lord Jeryon. I am his apprentice, the alchemist Alestro. He is in reality, infinitely older than I," The hunched figure responded in manner so nonchalant that for a second, Forenius was stunned.

It distracted him just long enough to not see the massive scythed tail swipe at him from the darkness that lurked at the chamber's farthest corner. He was knocked backwards, striking the wall with great force and sliding down it, gasping for breath. His sword lay across the room. He began to scramble for his arms, but was paralyzed at the sight of the monsterous beast that emerged from the shadows.

A smile spread across the ancient lips of the elder at the desk, exposing the gaping gums in his mouth. "Behold, Lord Jeryon, master of the great Castle d'Weylanos and in addition..."

"The world's oldest living grey dragon."

A great scaled head stared down at Forenius with eyes of blue flame, glowing with hateful menace and malevolence. Cruel black lips curved upward in a confident smirk, exposing gargantuan white teeth at least the length of a grown man's arm, and a forked tongue, wet with yellowish saliva that held in a single drop enough venom to slay an entire province, that flicked rythmically in and out, tasting the flesh of the trapped warrior before it was even remotely near enough to actually make contact.

The beast stepped forward, black claws digging clawing deep into the stone floor with each movement. Forenius hectically glanced all about him, hoping for a weapon. He saw only two that he had even any remote idea of how to use. All the rest were so exotic that he knew not even by what name that they were called.

On one side of the room nearer to him, was a spear, almost ten feet long, the point glimmering with magical potency. The disadvantage was that he had less knowledge of it than he did his rather plain, standard issue longsword which lay further away. It was definitely the weapon that entailed the greater risk of obtaining, but he was much more proficient with it.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Didn't see that one coming!! Er, now run away and come back better prepared, if you can. Otherwise the spear looks a little too good to be true, it's probably a trap.

Nice.
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like the new chapter.

How about trying to cut a deal with the dragon instead of the gorgeous temptress?

Set them against each other by telling him that you were sent to kill him, and by whom. Tell him also that now that you have seen his might, you know that you should be serving him, and that she should die like the treacherous piece of bile she is. Flatter him, grovel if you must, anything to show where your new loyalties lie.

I know it may not seem like much of an improvement... but if it works, you could end up with a dragon for a boss instead of the Lady.

At least with the dragon, you're not in constant temptation from the lust aspect. I think the Lady has a much bigger hold over you.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you're not in constant temptation from the lust aspect

You say this like it's a bad thing. Shocked

Who was it that said: "I can resist anything except temptation?" I love that, it's my motto. Well, one of them.
jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shady Stoat wrote:
Yeah, I like the new chapter.

How about trying to cut a deal with the dragon instead of the gorgeous temptress?

Set them against each other by telling him that you were sent to kill him, and by whom. Tell him also that now that you have seen his might, you know that you should be serving him, and that she should die like the treacherous piece of bile she is. Flatter him, grovel if you must, anything to show where your new loyalties lie.

I know it may not seem like much of an improvement... but if it works, you could end up with a dragon for a boss instead of the Lady.

At least with the dragon, you're not in constant temptation from the lust aspect. I think the Lady has a much bigger hold over you.

I still say stay with the Lady, with her you may have to deal with temptation but you can use this to your avantage and try to make her fall in love with you... With the dragon you may have to deal with an inhumane look on things... He could also not react well to any of what you say and end up eating you right away...

With the Lady there is less risk and more of a chance of turning the tides in your favor...
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the poll being such a jackass. I put spear on the second one, but for some weird reason, it felt like saying sword again. So, if you would, just try and imagine that the second option says "spear" instead of sword a second time.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the polls messed up that's what happened

every vote for one counts as the other
get smee to remove the poll - you'll have to post up a new one

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 4 Deception

The dragon curled his lips back, revealing serrated teeth and licked at his chops like a hungy wolf. Forenius returned the glare, intent on remaining as fearless in appearance as possible, although he was terrified on the inside. He began to edge closer to his sword, which lay a good distance from him.

In an effort to distract the wyrm's attention, he spoke, "You are truly powerful, ancient one. Mayhaps, we should consider the joining of forces, an alliance. After all, your petty demigoddess wishes you disposed..." The statement was cut off mid-syllable as the knight was forced to roll to his left in order to avoid the tail that came smashing down where he had been no more than a second before as the elderly scribe screamed something unintelligble.

This response informed him that no compromise could be reached. He steeled his resolve and flung himself toward the spear which was upon the ground not too far away. Close as it was, he was unable to reach it as the tail lashed out once again, this time smaking him out of the air like nothing more than an insect. The crusader crumpled against the wall, the wind knocked out of him.

Gasping, he was barely able to duck beneath the creul talons that dug into the surface directly above his head. Rocks and pebbles showered him as he rolled forward. The spear was within his reach now. He extended a gloved hand, fully intending to snatch up the weapon, when he instead was grasped within a gigantic palm and hurtled out the window. He broke the stained glass with almost no difficulty, the falling shards glimmering in the sunset and giving the impression that a rainbow was raining down from the heavens.

The trolls, slavering in the courtyard almost two hundred feet below, looked upwards to see the swordsman catch an out hanging banner in his flailing hands and swing directly back into the study.

Forenius hit the floor in a tumble, arms and legs flying as he shot arcoss the rough stone surface, landing close to the magical lance. He noticed the placid, uncaring form of the giant lizard and the sharp contrast of the look of stunned surprise on the face of his servant. For a second, he was confused, but the situation was clearified when the old man began to scream and shout and the dragon's face skewered in a mask of instense rage.

Without any thought on the matter, he plucked the weapon from its place upon the floor and hurtled it across the room. The sharp blade at the point tore through the savant's robes. His eyes bulged in surprise and he staggered back, bumping into the massive bookshelf behind him, causing it to collapse and fall upon him with the sound of bones crunching. Lord Jeryon began to toss his massive scaled head about every which way, seeking his victim in confusion.

So I was right! The fiend is blind. He may be have the power that comes with his age, but he also bears one of its worst curses, Forenius thought. He ran and ran to his blade, retreiving his weapon.

"Helpless without your servant, Lord Jeryon? Does the situation change without your slave screaming out my postion at every step?" The paladin screamed before promptly removing himself from that position.

The beast roared in inhuman rage and lowered his head to charge, finding that all of his random attempts to strike down his foe fell short. Forenius easily sidestepped the clumsy attack and leapt deftly onto the monster's back seconds before it burst through the tower wall and out into the open air.

The fall would not slay such a powerful demon, the hero knew. It was up to him to kill the abomination. Slowly raised his claymore as the wind tore at his face. He sighted it for the what appeared to be the weakest spot upon the beast's back, somewhere between its gigantic shoulderblades.

And then he pushed downwards on the longsword, grimacing as bone splintered and cracked until the point finally sank into more fleshy material, piercing the organs and bringing almost instant death. The head sank low, the wings ceased flapping, and then Forenius and his deceased mount began to sprial toward the ground like a stone.

When the dragon made impact, it flipped, slinging the hero a distance of three hundred feet until he finally came to rest after his head had struck a large rock, rendering him unconcious.

Once again, he awoke in the fortress of Lady d'Grorathia, but this time his conditions were, to say the least, somewhat better. He lay in a bed covered in silken sheets, a bottle of wine in a bucket to his side, chilled in ice. Candles flickered in the pale light as he removed himself from the comfortable furnishing and made his way across the room to the door at the adjacent wall.

Luckily, not even so much a creak issued forth as he peered around the hatch. What he saw was a much larger room, the central figure of which being a great bed and the fireplace behind it. Two rapiers hung crossed in display over the flames that radiated warmth. He moved closer within.

On the bed dozing soundly was the Lady d'Grorathia, her long red locks pouring out around her, wrapped in just enough cover to not be obscene but still displaying so much of her cream colored flesh as to drive him half mad with lust.

Temptress, Forenius thought as he glanced from the lovely form that was barely concealed beneath the thin sheets and the swords upon the wall. Perhaps it'd be of some good to the world if I eliminated her evil prescene once and for all...

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look chapter 4! Ok, now vote, unlike the last poll, vote! Does he kill her, join her, or perhaps take her hostage and escape from the castle in a desperate bid to return to his homeland?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the old poll is still up, but I voted to go for the spear. Wink

Anyway, thrust away with a weapon indeed, but not the sword oh no. Hehe. Surprised

Anyhoo, she is not likely that stupid, (is she?) it's probably a test to see what he would do.
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might as well indulge yourself. You'll get better oppourtunities to turn the tide of the war if you become her general.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just join her already - give in to the dark side

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
AreonK

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say grab the sword. He is a knight after all and I suspect he will do better with the sword, of course your the author, you decide.

Last edited by AreonK on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
AreonK

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe you shaould have some sort of not so mindless and rebellious troll to fight by or hero's side, named...AreonK...just a thought. Remember it's pronounced (air-ē-on-KAY) Wink
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or, you could of course just turn evil

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
AreonK

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...That too.
jess1561

Items

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm... come on people I want the next chapter!!!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted for option 1 - the only sensible option - and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Lordy all the way here.

And winning too.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then. Chapter 5, anyone? Gimme a little bit here and it will appear... magically. Ok, maybe not magically, but it'll be there, ok?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 5- Daemon

Lady d'Grorathia lay there before Forenius, tempting him as never before, her nearly nude body shimmering in the orange light cast from the torches mounted upon the stone wall. A debate raged within between the beastial urges and the holy crusader that occupied equal halves of his brain. But, as with any paladin no matter how dedicated or heaven bound, eventually his moral fiber faltered and he took a seat next to her gently breathing form and began to reach toward the gorgeous woman.

She awoke, vibrant green eyes blinking slowly, and gazed upon the form of the victorious warrior. The noblewoman took his mighty hand within her smaller, more fragile one and pulled him close. The other hand she ran through his short cropped hair as the flawless pouting red lips that he ached for were so close that he could feel the sweet breath emanating from them upon his scarred face.

"You are amazing, knight. Only but a few hours past, you slew the world's most ancient of dragons, tore down a large section of my wall, impaled the sorceror that served him, and burned down half of the east wing of palace," She whispered.

"But, my lady, I burned nothing."

A girlish giggle with the reply of, "The spear with which you killed the spell slinger was enchanted as you surely knew. It's fires burned hot..."

"But nowhere near to the intensity of those within my heart," Forenius interrupted as he caved under the pressure exerted by such beauty as that before him and began to kiss her, pressing his mouth firmly upon hers and thrusting his tongue vicously about in her mouth.

Within a few seconds, and much to his chagrin, she pushed him away.

"And still, even after all the ordeals suffered thus far, you'd still make your way to my chambers uninvited and ravage me like a barbarian," d'Grorathia teased with a devious little smile, looking particularly impish and mischeivous with her locks of red hair thrown about her shapely form resembling a devil's cape.

Then she returned the kisses, removing his shirt and running her hands over his muscled back as he leaned above her. He seized the sheets and began to toss them roughly aside when, suddenly, he was struck by a vision.

The ephiphany was but a second, but within it, he saw a great many things. He saw the foul witch before him for what she truly was, a twisted daemon, half human daughter of the god of murder and plague, and all of her schemes laid bare. She was not out for land, spoil, nor even conquest, but to bathe the world in the blood of innocents on such a scale that her divine father would be pleased enough to allow her to become some form of deity herself, which would almost guarantee that she would lose all mortal possession as, unless in truly dire straits, the gods were strictly prohibited from playing an active role in mortal affairs.

That's where Forenius came into the fold. Thus far, he had played his part as told, much like an obidient pawn, which perturbed him greatly. He was to take her here and now, to impregnate this smiling wench and give her an heir which could bear her will to fruition upon the material plane as it would inherit her kingdom which had been built upon the charred corpses of millions, including his blood brothers whom had followed him upon this fool's crusade. His stomach turned at the thought of being so easily manipulated by such evil and he could feel the anger overtaking him.

He raised himself from the bed and began to stand. She tried to follow, but he threw her away roughly, shaking his head like a madman. This was a message from his own god, the god of justice and holy vengeance to whom he had sworn a holy oath to serve, who had sent him these images. Thereby, however unpleasant and in opposition to his feral nature they were, they were truth nonetheless.

"What is wrong, love?" The scheming mistress asked, almost sounding innocent.

"If anything, don't call me that, you she devil!" The soldier screamed in righteous fury as he ripped a rapier mounted upon the wall down and brought the blade to bear on the shocked lady.

Her catlike eyes narrowed in anger as what had happened dawned upon her mind. "You little man, great warrior that you may be, you cannot match me for I have the blood of the divine in my veins."

"And I, the fury of a thousand innocents!" He shouted, eyes ablaze as he thrust the sword into her exposed breast, the tip penetrating her back on the other side and blood spurting in heavy amounts onto the carpeted floor and silk sheets.

Looking down upon the wound, her eyes wide with pain and surprise, she began to pull and tug upon the handle of the weapon until it was removed from her perfect form. The wound began to heal itself immeadiately. Horrified, Forenius turned to the nearest door and ran, her laughter chasing him down the corridor.

Abattoir Chapter 2!

Last edited by Jack_D.Mented on Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, now that was pretty stupid, attacking a half-daemon like that

i don't see a problem with it - he's just racist if you ask me

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah! He could have at least waited until after the act before he prodded her with his other weapon. Foolish, foolish mortal.

Tut tut. Some people, just can't follow something through.

Up to then though, absoloutely excellent chapter JDM! Very Happy
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then... the choice this time shall be...
Does he escape stealthily?
Does he escape in a massive bloodbath?
Or Does he not escape at all?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not at all of course, why want him to go with her - who needs morals? useless things...

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Blaze_

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinaren wrote:
Gah! He could have at least waited until after the act before he prodded her with his other weapon. Foolish, foolish mortal.

Tut tut. Some people, just can't follow something through.

Up to then though, absoloutely excellent chapter JDM! Very Happy

Thinking with your dick again, huh Chinaren. I don't blame you, that first part was pretty exciting.

I vote for steathily, got get out of there fast and quiet like.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 6- Discretion

After running for a short distance, Forenius realized that silence would be key, paramount, to his escape from this palace refuge of the daemon temptress. He would have to melt into the shadows like a ghost and eliminate the enemy with discretion. Whilst this was not the specialty of the paladin and, on most fronts, offensive to his knightly sense of honor, it would be something that he would be forced to persue.

Ducking around a corner, the warrior pressed himself tight against the damp stone wall. The cold bit into his very bones, but he knew that that discomfort was nothing as compared to the gnawing that the barbaric troll minions of his foe would commit. The thought of such atrocities nearly made him shiver with instinctive revulsion. He had seen the victims of prisoner camps and had determined it better to die a fighting man sword clutched in hand rather than the suffer the unspeakable brutalities of his inhuman enemies.

Thinking of a sword brought his mind full circle, reminding the soldier that, unlike the norm, he had neither a blade mounted upon his back, in his belt, nor in his hand. He resolved to find a suitable weapon with which to slaughter the villians before him. Looking about himself, he found nothing of the sort of which he longed for.

He supposed that he should have to make due with his bare hands and fists for now. The more religious part of his conciousness chided that it was only right that he be reduced to the weapons of a beast as he had so nearly succumbed to such carnal desires with the mistress earlier. He lived like an animal, so it was only right that he fight like one.

The crusader clenched his fists in the darkness, despising his own baser instincts for the actions he had committed earlier and his heart was filled with indignation and righteous fury. He bore his teeth in a pantherish display of agression and tensed his muscles as the sound of feet on the hard floor drew ever closer. Drawing back and drawing his leg muscles taut, he waited in ambush for his prey.

The sentry rounded the corner his club dragging heavily on the floor as he looked about for the rarity of a possible intruder. The ideal moment came for Forenius when the monstorous troll turned his sweaty pimple covered back to the hero and surveyed the area opposite of him. Seizing the opportunity, he leapt from his hidden lair in a blinding burst of speed and flung himself onto the massive abomination.

He wrapped both arms about its bulging throat and scrambled for a hold as his foe tried his mightiest to throw his attacker from him much like an unbroken war horse. But Forenius was of greater stock and might than any troll. His sinews were as steel, his hold never once faltering, no matter how fiercely the fiend shook.

The veteran probed about with his fingers, and assuming the desired grip and dug in deep into the fleshy material of his opponent's throat. The victim emitted a strange gargling sound as he began to choke upon his own putrid blood. A quick ripping motion and blood spurted about in a wide arc, revealing that the chivalric figure had accomplished his goal of tearing out his enemy's throat.

Forenius leapt from the back of the foul creature as it tumbled forward, clutching at the spewing fountain that had only moments before been its jugular. Grabbing the gigantic bludgeon from the floor, he ended its worthless life with one heavy blow. This deed completed, he faded back into the shade and crept away like a theif in the night.

The task of following the hero's path throughout the fortress would have been a simple task indeed, seeing as he left scattered behind him the broken bodies of over a dozen trolls in his wake and several small fires. During the ensuing panic and commotion, it was not noticed as a cloaked man took his leave of the palace.

Across his back was slung a two handed greatsword, a relic from an age of giants and gods long forgotten that he had obtained from the armory and beneath him was a spirited painted horse with a blaze face and courage to match his own seemingly endless supply. During the night they ran, undoubtably pursued by the wicked Lady d'Grorathia and her host across everlasting plains as they made their way to the rider's homeland.

During this great chase, only one thought burned deep within Forenius's mind... what kind of reception would he be greeted with upon his return? Returning prince and savior, deserter and coward, or he be simply ignored?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, missed the poll, so I suppose I only have myself to blame for this course of action.

There is still time to turn back. If he grovels she may forgive him.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt forgiveness as an option. As of now, he's stabbed her, killed several of her minions, led them on a drawn out chase, and burned down a rather sizeable section of her fortress. And plus, you know that there are starting to be some sort of morale problem in the ranks after this.

And plus... now that I've gotten past the steamier temptations, now I can move on to some real high adventure and hardcore action.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - I'm all for turning back, but baring that I'm going to go for coward and desertor. I mean - he gets captured by the evil daemonic queen, and now comes back with a brilliant horse, arms and armour? And is the only survivor from his force? I suspect he'll either be treatred as a spy, or simply a coward who fled before the battle.

Voted, and winning.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give this a few more days and then see about writing the next one.

Hey, Lordy... I think you picked the wrong one. Didn't you say that you wanted deserter, not returning hero?

Just want to make sure before I do the next bit. Maybe more people will read the next installment or at least vote on it. Sad

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw it. Here goes...

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'ted and tying.
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 7- Damek

It was once called the city of lights. But that was long ago. That was before HE came. His name was Damek and nothing was known about him. Walking past the gates, his spurs clinking rythmically upon the paved roads, a saddle tossed across his back and a flintlock pistol hanging from his hip, he said not a word as the fog slithered up his legs.

Then the first child vanished. Nothing new really, given all the wolves and such in the area. But this one was different in that absolutely nothing was found. Nothing at all, like the lad had been borne away by some fairy. The first light went out as the family passed into mourning.

Others followed. Eventually, the whole metropolis settled into a state best described as shellshock as all the infants gradually faded away. Some sensing an unnatural power at work, took to slaying their own progeny in their sleep. It was considered a mercy compared to whatever was more than likely stealing them away at night. They were right.

In time, the stranger gathered his strength and marshalled his resources until he could risk all out assault upon the residents. In the course of one night, the entire urban area became an eerie ghost town, save the brainless ghouls that wondered the streets.

Hearing of the troubles, three adventurers from the far east confronted the unholy one. They were all killed without Damek even doing so much as breaking a sweat. But before being annhilated, they did manage to seal him deep within an ancient tomb beneath the city streets.

And there he remained. For a time, at least.

Such tales were far from the mind of Forenius, however, as he spurred his mount ever harder attempting to reach his fatherland. It was in the abandoned city of lights that the paint finally gave way to exhaustion and faltered. Its last gasping breaths were taken a short distance from the city gates.

Forenius knew better than to think himself free. Climbing the parapet of the north tower, he could easily spy the massive dustclouds generated by the moving host. The trolls and Lady d'Grorathia were not far behind. He knew that the siren would have no mercy upon her spiteful lover.

There was no way for him to combat such a large army singlehandedly. His death would more than likely be the result. But not until the demigoddess had her fun. He knew that in her tempest-like fury that she would have conceived some truly horrible punishment for this would be hero.

He could not allow that. His kingdom was without knights, as more than the majority went on the failed crusade. Forenius was the last and it was essential that he rescue his people. If he were to die, then it'd just have to wait until after that.

There was no apparent way out of this seemingly abandoned city other than the one entrance, however. The knight began to seek allies or at least a mount and armor. He would have to prepare a surprise for the bestial army that mounted outside the gates.

The first step was to close the portculis. That was simple. Next, he began to scavenge for weapons and tools as to build traps and snares.

Entering the throne room of what must have been the great palace of some truly wondeful city-state, the first thing that caught the crusader's attention was the armor. It was dust covered, as was everything else within the area. But it still shined as compared to all the other miscellaneous artifacts in the area.

Advancing toward the throne, with something of an awestruck expression upon his face, Forenius assessed the armor. It was a heavy suit of golden plate mail, the likes of which he had never seen before. A crimson cape hung about the neck bearing the standard of a ruling house long forgotten. It still rested upon the bones of the previous owner, slumped upon the ebony throne, now nothing more than a skeletal corpse.

Cautiously, the warrior waved his hand a few inches in front of the dead man's face. A small breeze from this movement unsettled a small cloud of dust but other than that, all was still. Sword drawn and battle ready, he touched the decayed form next.

To his dismay, the ancient corpse actually slowly disintigrated into ash beneath his very touch. The armor clanked to the floor with a loud noise that echoed deafiningly off the walls and reverberated deep into the hidden ruins far below. An ancient evil stirred for the first time in centuries.

Not knowing of any other approaching danger other than the bloodthirsty army of savages, the hero moved speedily about his business, first fitting on the armor and then continuing his other preperations. It was during this final stage that he heard the enemy arrive at the gates. He rushed up toward the ramparts, hastily fastening a final strap to view the mighty army before him.

Halfway up the stairs, a loose stone gave beneath him and he crashed through the floor and into the dark chambers below. Pulling himself up from the splintered wood and shattered stone, Forenius looked about himself. Across the room shimmered a bright green portal that resembled something like a pool of water suspended magically upon the wall.

The knight had heard of such things before but never had actually beheld one. This was the preferred mode of travel for any magic user. The strange gate was a doorway to anywhere they wished to go. All one had to do was simply leap through while saying the name of the place that you wished to transit to. Forenius had no idea if the device worked or if he was even capable of making use of it, but it was surely a better chance at survival than battling thousands of trolls.

Holding his breath, he leapt through whilst screaming the name of his homeland. The crimson cloak was pulled through last resembling the tail of a fox fleeing the hunt.

It was a simple matter for the army to bash down the ancient walls. Surging inwards, they charged, screaming at the top of putrid lungs to find no foe other than the traps which were awaiting them only half prepared. No more than a handful were slain. Forenius would have been doomed.

The Lady surveyed the destruction as her minions moved from structure to structure, setting fire and looting as they searched for the hero. She noticed with sudden alarm as an entire unit dropped dead for no apparent reason in the western section of the city. It was rapidly followed by another and after that, another.

Her gorgeous green eyes narrow with rage, she ran down the steps from her citadel that she had immeadiately claimed for her own upon arrival intending to dispatch this foe herself. Arriving in the street, she was greeted by a thick patch of fog from which emerged a lone figure clad in black.

His hair was long and flowing, black to the point of violet and his eyes shined with a million sparks of red light as if he actually burned within. He was wearing naught but a large overcoat and sackcloth pants which hung loosely on his starved frame. He smiled.

"I am Damek and you are the Lady d'Grorathia," He said without a second's hesitation.

"I was told that you would come. We have much to speak of."

Forenius did indeed arrive in his homeland, dazed and ranting for the first few hours. It seemed as if the portal had had some odd effect upon his mind. Toying with him even more was the unexpected welcome that he received from the guard, who immeadiately arrested and jailed him on terms of treason and conspiracy.

As dark as the road ahead seemed to him sitting within that dank cell, something within told the protagonist that things were only getting worse.

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go. Next decision point is really double sided...

What happens with Damek and the Lady?

And Forenius?

Any ideas?

Abattoir Chapter 2!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I must have hit the wrong box, ahh well - my option still won.

Now Damek, what could he possibly want? A treaty ot co-operation, an alliance, a marriage agreement? Or could he be looking to eliminate a rival, and just trying to get close to his target.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Jack_D.Mented
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought so. That's why I went with what you said instead of what you clicked.

Plus- it allows me to put everything in so much more dire of a situation...

Forenius is in jail.

Lady d'Grorathia is right on his tail with an entire army.

Damek has emerged as a new villian, possibly more powerful than the Lady.

The decision point for this chapter is what does Damek want?

And so playing off Lordy's idea,

Marriage?

Alliance?

To assassinate the Lady?

What is his purpose behind such actions? And where will this go?

I don't even know yet. Confused

Abattoir Chapter 2!
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8
Jump to: