Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Empty Streets! - Finally Over!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Topics: 58

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone bumped into Smee, causing him to drop his can of red bull and spill it everywhere. This made him sad, which in turn made Fauna mad, and she went on a killing spree. Flower Power! Death by petaling.

Incorporates a couple ideas, along with the favored killing spree.

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! i like all of them!

Vamps has been nominated for SROTM!! Vote for her!

I think i'll put the poll up.....or is there more ideas coming in?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jnmrcs
Builder

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea... but I don't want to die Laughing
Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. thanks stormio :biggrin:
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. then people! I will put up the poll. If i miss anyones suggestion out just let me know and i'll add it in.

runs off to put up the poll. up goes the poll the poll poll pol. up goes the polly Mcpoll poll poll!......

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for my killing spree. Mess with Smee, and somebody's gonna die a horrible flower-related death of thousand screams.
Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl, i see everyones a likin da killing sprees Laughing
Well i voted for the horror film, something different Wink
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted...

Two tie? nice...
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oohhh!! As Mr.S would say in French...Game on! but Vote on! Laughing

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went for the horror film too, just to be different

oh - i did it first, incase someone wonders why it hasn't gone up

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Phang is the violent type, so voted for her! Wink
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. well we know that jnmrcs isnt going be set on fire by phang and we know that for sure.....unless......but i doupt it.

Has everyone voted then? It's going to be a close one. I think that for the ties.....hhhmmm...tell you what. We'll have Sorrows arrows breaking. But I'll put up another bidding in the market place. So in the next chapter the ones who got 2 votes and are in a tie can go up for bidding. The one who wins will be in a nother chapter.

jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea...
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jnmrcs.

well heres what you get when you do things late at night.

Was it just Phang going on a killing spree and the horror film that drew?

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 8= Flaming Fables

"Yes. A bit. Here." Storm got here phone out and gave it to vamps. She rang Phang.

"Hello?" Came a whisper.

"Phang? Whats going on? We heard a scream."

"Yeah..That was fauna." Another short squell was heard and then the sound of running.

"What the hell was that?"Asked vamps shocked.

Phang sighed. "Why cant she keep quiet? She's going to get them killed."

"Phang! What the hell is going on up there?" Yelled vamps.

"Ssshhhh. jnmrcs wanted to have a go with Sorrows Bow and Arrow. He let him but jnmrcs broke one of the arrows. So then Sorrow grabbed the first person in front of him, who was chinaren, and he is about to kill him! everyone else has hidden. Even i wouldnt want to get in uis way."

Vamps had put the phone on loud speaker so IM and Storm heard the conversasion too.

"Oh. Dear." Said IM.

"Ah Crapified." said Storm.

"I have to go." Said Phang and put the phone down.

~*~*~*~*Back to abouve ground, on Dust-bin Lane~*~*~*~*~*

Sorrow grabbed hold of chinaren by his orange fur. Chinaren yelled with shock and called for his guards. His guards however had been taken away from him when the City was normalised.

"Damn you normal people!!" He yelled instead.

"Shut up chinaren!" threatened Sorrow.

"What did i do?"

"Nothing i suppose."

"Then why me?"

Sorrow looked puzzled for a moment as he thought.

"I dunno. I'm sure I'll think of something over the years though." Sorrow grinned evilly as a thought came to his head.

He took the money making, orange-furred, scared creature over to one of the dust-bins. He liften the lid and found that it wasnt a home but an ordinary bin.

"Excelent."

He waved his spare hand over the bin and the keyring glowed brightly, but not as brightly as i did the first time. The bin then filled with chinarens money. Sorrow waved his hand over it again and murmurred the words

"Fire ball
Fire ball
Cast a fire
On it all."

The money lit on fire and withing seconds there was a blazing fire that reached higher than Sorrow himself. Sorrow saw that this would not do because the bin was too small. So he waved a hand over it again murmurring the words of another spell:

"Meghalose gia emena
Meghalose tora."

And the bin grew into a large pit. Sorrow then hung Cinaren over the edge and laughed insanely.

"Today Chinaren you shall die!" His laugh was loud and clear and the whole city heard it. even the three underground.

Fauna stood some way away, so did jnmrcs and Smee. And so did Duffman. They were all staring in horror. Phang was standing a little closer trying to think up of a deal.

"Hey Sorrow!" she said just before he dropped chinaren in the pit of flaming Fables.

"What? No deal!" He said not even waiting to listen to what Phang had to say. But she carried on anyway and he paused.

"I will fix your arrow and buy you some more if you let me have him for my dinner after you've cooked him in his money."

"Erm...O.K. fine! i want an extra 200 arrows for it though!"

"If you dont let me eat him i wont give you 200 arrows."
Sorrow though it a bit peculiar that Phang was being so presice in her last sentence but he ingnored the little voice in his head that screamed she's thinking of something" she has a trick up her sleeves!

Sorrow let go of Chinarens orange fur and let it drop into the pit of flaming fables. Sorrow looked on with oaw as the burning chinaren turned the flame a gree and blue colour. Phang got out a camera and took a video of it. "For Storm." she said when Sorrow looked at her wierdly.

Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good story Stormie. Sorry I got here so late Very Happy

A 'normal' city of IF! Well, that's enough to make you scream and dive behind the sofa, even if nothing more dreadful happens! Shocked

I'm not sure whether this is a decision point or not, so I'll be back later when the others have commented.

Keep it coming...
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooooooooooooooo!! Not my Fatbacks!!!

Oh. And me too. Ah well, another clone bites the dust. And I am insured as well of course.

I'll be back! Mad
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite a decision point. Your right. I left it off so that i can do one more chapter. Well, i actually cut off some of the ending so that it would fit into the next chapter. 'Cos we dont want one thats too long. It puts people off. Very Happy Well here it is.

Chapter 9= Performing Fire- the insanity begins!

Fauna screamed at them. "How can you do such thing?" She then ran up to the pit ingoring the danger that she was in near Sorrow and threw flowers in the pit. The flames changed colour again. She smiled at it. "Flower Power!" she yelled.

Smee ran up to them and threw in a dicionary to see what that does. The flame started dancing! Phang was having the time of her life filming this!

jnmrcs said a short spell in Spanish and the flames started to do a pantomime of Cinderela!

Duffman Poured a bit of Multi-Flavoured Duff into the pit and the fire actually GOT DRUNK!!! it was acting like a load of drunken men trying to perform the play of Cinderela.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Under ground~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What's going on up there?" said vamps.

"Why? What do you hear?" asked IM, now scared of his litle brother. Storm was hiding behind a large rock that 'mestyriously' apeared in the dungeon.

"There was screaming. Now i hear laughing and....it sounds like a performance of some sort of play."

"What....Play.." asked Storm from behind Vamps rock. (it went everywhere she went.)

"Storm? are you O.K.?" Asked IM walking cautiously towards the rock.

"NO!" yelled Storm in reply. "What play is it? I want to know!"

"Sounds like Cinderela." Said Vamps straining her ears and then looking towards where Storm was hiding with a confused look on her face.

Storm got up and walked out from behind Vamps Rock. Her head was bowed and her long, brown hair was coming down her side. Vamps gave her a dirty look. This was not usual, normally Storm hated having her hair down her front, it was usually tied back.

"I want to go up and see." she said raising her head.

"No. We carry straight on. It's too dangerous." said IM.

"I dont care."

"He's right, Storm. We could get killed. I dont even want to imagine what Sorrow is like when his arrows get broken."

"I- do- not-care." said Storm slowly and clearly. "Cinderela is one of my favourite fairy tales. I want to go see whats going on."

IM and Vamps sighed.

"O.K. but we will be very quick." said Vamps and turned into her bat form. IM started to levetate and followed the flying Storm who followed Vamps to the surface. Well, Storm was happy. IM was worried about what his lunatic brother might do and Vamps was worrying about the play. Cinderela was not her type of 'ooh i must watch' performance.

They got to the surface and landed by a dust-bin. They ran up to the rest of team who were laughing. Storm got out a thermoniter and stuck it in the laughing Sorrows mouth. There didnt seem to be much wrong with him.

"What was that for?" he asked still laughing.

"Are you feeling O.K.?"

"Yes. Why shouldn't i be?"

"Storm, leave him. Dont remind him." Said IM and pulled her away from Sorrow.

Everybody watched the Performing Fire and laughed at it dancing around, getting the words wrong and pulling funny faces at its audience.

<><><><><><><

~Now the fire had almost gone out and the sun had started to rise. Vamps had fallen asleep from boredom a few hours ago. Smee had fallen asleep reading his dictionary; he'd been trying to find a word that he said the fire had pronounced wrong but the fire wouldnt believe him and they fell out.

Duffman had drunk himself to sleep, jnmrcs had fallen asleep because he was too tired. Phang had laughed herself to sleep.

Fauna had fallen asleep next to Smee by looking at a flower when the fire got boring.

Sorrow was put to sleep by IM after he tried to fight with the fire because the fire made fun of him and his arrows.

Storm had fallen asleep by looking at the fire, the warmth and glow of the dancing flames had made her fall asleep.

IM should still be awake....no wait....there he goes! He just saw a beam of light from the rising sun.

Now they are all asleep. So whos watching out for danger? tutut. they'll be in trouble now. Nobody awake to see the coming Lord of the Night.

O.K. fine! maybe now they are safe, its day so poor old Lordy disolved. The rather larfge group of IF heroes was safe and asleep, resting and dreaming....about what?

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have a dicision point. A rather unusual one but still.....Today peoples we shall be entering the dreams of........you choose.

I'll give you only a few opions to avoid everyone voting for themselves.

The choice is...

jnmrcs
Phang
Vamps
Smee

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Trampie. Nice chapter, weird decision point Razz

Are we supposed to decide what they dream about, or just whose dreams we're seeing?
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went for Smee - and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tramp in a storm wrote:
Now we have a dicision point. A rather unusual one but still.....Today peoples we shall be entering the dreams of........you choose.

I'll give you only a few opions to avoid everyone voting for themselves.

The choice is...

jnmrcs
Phang
Vamps
Smee

Lol good chap, but where am i sleeping? wouldn't i be dead or something if i was in the sun? :biggrin:
Or am i just so super talented,
or lots of sunblock...only asking Wink

Ooh, and i think it should be phangs dreams as they are allways freaky and funny...or just plain odd :biggrin:
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. You can be in the shade and have lots of suntan lotion. Smile

Well what we'll do is, whoever wins the vote can write their own dreams if they want to. If they dont then they dont need to but they will get 20 Fables for it. And later we can have another killing spree.

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn! And I'd written a poem of everyone's dreams, just for the occasion!

Well, I've voted Phang. Who knows what she dreams about Shocked Wink

EDIT: I know it's got nothing to do with the storyline, but I just couldn't resist *grin*. Here's the pome that I jotted down when I was exceptionally bored earlier.

DREAMS

Twas the night before If-mas
And out in the street
Our heroes were dreaming
And twitching their feet

Smee, he was dreaming
Of red bull and Fauna
While IM was snoring
Quite loud in the corner

While Fauna was sucking
Her thumb in the night
The Vampy was dreaming
Of bat-wings and flight

Good Duffman was writhing
To dreams hot and bawdy
While Phang’s head was stuffed
Full of daemons – oh Lordy!

And Juan dreamed of cobwebs
And empty school classes
But Stormie located
The screams of the masses

She followed them into
The sewers and holes
And drifted right past
All the great giant moles

And finally found them
Imprisoned and glum
Down there with the rats
And the stoats and the scum

And right in among them
She noticed the Mayor
And thought when she woke
That they ought to look there.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice poem Stoat! I take it then you're good at poetry!

How about a little job? If you want i will pay you 20 Fables for each poem you write about a chapter or dicision point in this story. If you dont want to then thats fine, but its just a little idea that came to my head.

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll happily write poems for free, Trampie, if I get the time. It's a lot of fun Smile

Can't promise when I'll have the time, but I'll keep trying for you!
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applauds Stoat!*

That's good stuff Stoat! You should take the 20F! We would love to hear more!

jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice chapter and nice poem too...

I vote for smee.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great poem Stoaty!

And voted.
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!!

Hey, i never knew there were this many people reading my story. Shocked Very Happy

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wll it looks like Phang has won! wooo!

Phang, you can post up the next chapter if you want. Remember it has to be your dream, make it as long as you like. But please, i beg you, dont scare the audience away Wink Laughing Laughing

Enjoy your writing!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, dont kill me - i'm a daemon, i dont want to die

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. "Theres always hope, old boy, theres always hope."

dont ask....i've been reading Montmorency.

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted - and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here we have it!

Chapter 10- Dreaming Demon!~written by Phang.

Dancing around naked through the street, I slipped in a puddle and fell in. After the disruption of such a beautiful ballet, I was very angry with the cream cakes who had tripped me over. Shrugging, I avoided the darts thrown by the zebra-striped tooth on the luminous pink sofa and got on the world's first backwards-inverted stand-up roller coaster. Without restraints.

...Hadn't this all happened before?

People I didn't even know were exploding as I fell slowly down into the darkness, yet somehow I knew exactly who they were. And that the explosions weren't real. Fakes that tore at people's hearts with strange, implanted thoughts. I knew whose work this was. And now I knew what was happening.

At the edge of a pit, swarming with flesh-eating maggots. Everything was scarily insane. And there he was. Cloaked in darkness in the safety and comfort of his lair.

"What do you want?"

"I want to help you, my dear..." chuckling to himself, yellowed blades glinted from the shadows. I shuddered.

"Why would you want to help me? And I see you're running out of ideas - this is all old."

"I am NOT running out of ideas!" leaping across the huge chasm with ease he hung from the indigo bars with rubbery, fleshy fingers, leering into my face with disgust. "I was in a hurry. You are in danger, and within the boundaries of this dimension you cannot know it. There has been an upset, and you must find the other side."

"Why do you want to help me? Why can I trust you?"

"Because I don't want them to take you, too. They want to get rid of your power - and without that, I am nothing. Not just pushed to the back of your mind. I am no more." growling under my breath, I glare. But I know that he wants me alive and well, for his own sakes, no matter how much he blames me for his own destiny.

Waving a hand, I float back upwards into the black sky and things begin to reverse. "I leave you with one clue," he shouts upwards to me before my hearing fades, "Find the darkest place in all of IF!"

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. Looks like Smee is going to die.....or dear... *evil grin:

Very Happy

jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice dream...
Vampireidiot
Respected Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, odd dream phang...the next chap will be interesting if we have to find the darkest place in IF :biggrin:

Poor smee lol Wink
!!

Hmm...now for a story!
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smee is always so abused...

Very confusing, odd dream Confused Wonder where the darkest place of IF is?

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9
Jump to: