Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
IF In A Mirror. CH7 - Flakes & Ladders.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

jnmrcs
Builder

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter...

It's hard to think on something. I like the angry miners idea. But maybe it's better to confront china with both gorup; the angry miners and the press.

Sorry china but I can't think on something... Laughing
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like all of your ideas guys just keep em coming and I'll have CH5 written in my head in no time. Very Happy
Solomon Birch
Honored Citizen

Topics: 18

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenwing wrote:
I heard that the vendors in China are pretty bad also. Some of friends went to China this past summer and were hounded down by vendors waving items in front of their faces.
Apparently one guy was standing in front of them when they were on a boat or something. And one of the girls was so scared, she quickly closes the window on the guy's head. They wouldn't shut up about it for weeks.

LOL! Yes, they are rather a handful. And quite cheeky. One guy came up to us trying to sell something (can't remember what) and he appeared to have a limp. But when we got on out bus and drove away (he had followed us to the doors!) we saw him stop liming and run after the bus! It was hilarious! Laughing :biggrin:

Thesopholis - A Noir Sci-Fi Story - Chapter 8 is up! Read it here
The End of the Voyage - Chapter 9
Shady the Furry Goblin! [Demon's, Satan and Slobadan Milosevic!] - Chapter 3
The Quest for the Legendary Rubber-Duckie! - Chapter 3
One Last Bullet.... Chapter 3
Green Eyes - Chapter 5
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting it in your head's the easy bit Crymmy, it's putting it on paper* that's difficult.

*Or onto computer I suppose

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Topics: 58

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the angry miners, or even the happy miners thinking that this is some Chinny ploy to lure the press into the mines. When the reporters and cameras show up, a huge mutated canary is going to twitter out of the saltworks and have its revenge…Oh Yeah!

But that would be what happens in the real IF. In this mirror IF, I think a vocal group of animal rights activists will show up in the wake of the press, demanding freedom for the canaries. The striking miners will show up, hoping that this is some ploy to get the press into the mines and alert the public to the deplorable working conditions. Poor Chinny will be caught in the middle of these two shouting groups, while the cameras take in the melee.

Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I rather like that Idea ... good going Fauna Very Happy
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Fluana's idea has the advantage of taking the focus off me, which means I could slip away...
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come now China do you honestly think I'm going to let you get out of this that easily? lmao Very Happy Cool
Solomon Birch
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was an incredibly nutty and fun idea Fauna, well done!

*holds breath, waiting for sillyness* Shocked ©

Green Eyes - Chapter 5
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think it'll bring more attention to Chinny. The arbitrator Smile
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ethereal_fauna wrote:
Actually, I think it'll bring more attention to Chinny. The arbitrator Smile

*gulps*
CunningFox
Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! loving htis one Crymzon. keep it going man.
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righteo then poll's up you lot, get voting Very Happy
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just know the bird-lovers are going to show up. Wink
Solomon Birch
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has to be the fourth one! :biggrin:

I mean, lookit! Lookit Pa! Cool

Green Eyes - Chapter 5
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Topics: 17

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if you were still alive, Cry. Cool I was about to send some flowers your way. Very Happy

Have to go with the fourth option also. Can't see anything else happening to China.

Samadhi Traveler 2005 Nano Wrimo winner (53,019 words)

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me? Dead? With my reputation?
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was either that, or you were on the prepice of staying alive. Very Happy Then you would be alive to us in spirit.

-Confucius
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tied it, which seems to be the new craze around here.
Thracia Alba
Citizen

Topics: 9

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted, broke the aforementioned tie. HA! Very Happy
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shakes fist* Wink
Muaddib
Comrade

Topics: 30

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could I have an imperial march tune whenever I appear please? I mean if Darth Vader gets one....*sulks*
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right well I suppose I'd better write the next chapter then hadn't I Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CH5 - In Flashes and Beakyness

China had always been very good at dealing with the press. Only these where press Bob but not as we know it. What appeared before him was a group of very large men in black suits. All of the afforementioned where build like brick outhouses and one was holding a camera like a rocket launcher.

China suddenly felt very very small. From between this wall of walking muscle squeezed a diminutive but very attractive lady dressed much the same as her counterparts. She was holding a weapon worse than any high powered explosive device could ever be. A microphone. This device was unceremoniously aimed at China.

"This is Kalanna Rai reporting for the IF Extreme News Network on one of the biggest insults to Muaddib's regime in years. Before me stands the man accused of masterminding an IF wide mining strike."

"I wonder why this is the IF extreme news network" thought China with a nervous gulp.

"As it is the network's policy to promote freedom of speech we are going to be the first to find out his true motives behind the rebellion and attain his own thoughts on the matter."

China winced and closed his eyes as two of the walking boulders made their way towards him. There was a headrush and when he re-opened his eyes the entire world had turned on its head.

"Yes this is pretty extreme." Though China as he was shaken roughly a couple of times. "Infact I have the strangest feeling this may go from extreme to extremely painful etremely quickly."

"So why did a lowlife worker like you decide it was necessery to disrupt the peaceful day to day life of IF?"

"Well ..." Said China who was beginning to feel nausious.

"There you go IFian's! In his own words he said he hates Muaddib!"

"But ..." China was punched in the small of the back. He felt the air escaping from his lungs.

"This gets more interesting! He wanted to stop the production of the mines so that IF's economy would grind to a halt!"

"Wait a minute!" China was punched again. He was about to empty his stomach but vomiting all of the nice leather shoes of the two "reporters," holding him seemed like a majorly bad idea.

Kalanna continued as if China wasn't even there.

"And what was that? His ultimate goal is to kill Muaddib! He says he only came back down here to retrieve a cache of explosives hidden in the mine! You heard it from his own mouth he doesn't want to stop the strike at all! He's preparing to move to the next phase of his campaign of terror!"

This was bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase "getting press ganged." The extreme nextwork's code on freedom of speech was that the network was free to say whatever they liked and that the only point of an interview was so that the public could watch the poor sod being hung drawn and quartered by them beaten to a pulp. He knew it was pointless even thinking about saying anything on the threat of impending and probably more excrusiating agony.

"And further more as you can see he is about to give us the names of all of the people involved in this cruel plot!"

Kalanna walked to China and kneeled infront of him smiling gently and hissing softly yet unbelievably venomously in his ear.

"Aren't you!"

China sighed heavily though as this was a reverse sigh it came out as more of a yawn. He'd just make up some names, this lot where going to believe what they liked regardless. He decided to start with the red menace guarding the mine.

"Yes I would be delighted to tell you who my co-conspirators are..." China wheezed

"I knew you would be" hissed Kalanna with a smile.

China was wondering if it was all the blood that had rushed to his head but he was almost certain he could hear the sound of falling debris from somewhere. There was two heavy thudding sounds from above him followed by two low grunts then he was being lifted towards the ceiling.

"What the?!" Said Kalanna astonished. "Get 'im back down here I haven't finished with him yet! Nobody ruins my report! Did you hear me you idiots! I said get him back!"

Her voice was getting further and further away as he was pulled into a tunnel above him. After a little while of being dragged by his feet he was gently lifted upright and sat against the tunnel wall.

As his body remembered what its equalibrium was supposed to be doing and his hazy vision cleared China could see four friendly looking faces staring back at him. The one closest belonged to a heavy set miner who was grinning broadly. Thick blond hair fell about his shoulders from beneath his helmet.

"Hello boss. Are you alright? Looks like we got to you just in the nick of time doesn't it."

China. Though increadibly greatful was also extremely confused.

"What? Who are you?"

The miner gave the other three a worried look.

"Ooo they must have hit you pretty hard. I hate that press lot. It me boss. Its Smee remember? I tell you what. It was awefully clever you breaking that strike like you did! Of course you didn't break it really. We all know that you where just creating a diversion so we could get that dinamite you told us to grab for you. Always putting yourself on the line aren't you boss? Don't worry about those baboons down there they'll never find the other end of this tunnel. Neither will the camera's. Clever route you planned that was."

China's head was pounding but he was glad to see some friendly faces at last.

"The others are waiting for you back in that cavern we dug out the other week. I'm suprised the T.H.S.F.C. where so willing to help. They're freeing the birds as we speak."

"The T.H.S.F.C.?"

"Yeah you know! The Tree Hugging Students For Canaries. They're back there freeing all the birds. That should cause enough chaos for us all to move down to the lowest levels undetected. They haven't put the Mudcam system in there yet. Now c'mon before the mine's swarming with guards. Someone must have raised an alarm by now."

China wasn't going to argue the point. He smiled to himself. Possibly the only genuine smile he'd been able to manage since he woke up.

"Once the leader always the leader." he thought. He didn't care how wierd this version of If was, but one thing was for sure. Muaddib was going to get a very nasty suprise.

The quintet made their way back to a large area which had been roughly dug out of the soil. Little lamps where set into the walls here. Crates had been set around as stools and in the middle of the floor was a map. China was helped to the corner of the makeshift room where a sixth figure was waiting. She was wearing the garb of a nurse and greated him with a gentle and increadibly friendly smile.

"Ooh looks like you've been through the wars a bit there China. The sooner the rules on freedom of speech are changed the better. Now you sit there and rest while I fix you up."

She knelt next to him and began tending his wounds. Smee pulled the map and a set of plans closer to China and also took a seat next to him.

"It was so nice of nurse Phang here to help us."

Phang gave Smee a wink.

"Well it isn't like I had much choice now was it? I had to help my husband out in his quest to free IF of that evil dictator." She gave Smee a passionate kiss.

"I hate evil people. That Muaddib should be fed to the press not our lovely China here."

Smee nodded with a smile.

"We should get onto planning our next move. The Dinamite is ready and the nature posse out there should be back with us shortly. So what are we going to do next boss?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is where China gets to make the next set of plans in what seems to be his very own home grown rebellion. Well China doesn't but YOU do. Very Happy
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting pair, Smee and Phang... Razz

Well obviously we should do something to go against Muaddib's reign. Do you think he knows of this underground movement that has developed. 'Cause maybe we can infilitrate some spies or other to look into this planned activities.

-Confucius
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be sensible, but it wouldn't surprise me if this Chinaren just dropped the dynamite on the reporters below, in an act of revenge.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Smee and Phang...I never suspected.

If there are explosives set, as soon as the T.H.S.F.C. clears out then make a big BOOM! Should shake things up for the dictator.

A few technicalities that distract from the chapter.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had to help my husband out in his quest to free IF of that evil dictator." She gave Smee a passionate kiss.

LOL! Laughing

I think I should go along with the plan, whatever that is. It is in my best interest to overthrow the evil McDibsky here.
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* Entertaining chapter Crymmy. Laughing

But as fur wot's I's is doing next I's isn't knowing boss, thats whys youse is the boss.

Make the 'plosives go BOOM, I's is liking booms boss.

Hapsies Writings Smile
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good chapter - but I'm a little lost on the setup here. Can they choose any target in IF, or are they stuck in the mines?

If it's any target, I'd say go to a place of worship - there's bound to be some, so that the people can worship Muaddib the Great - and blow it up.
Solomon Birch
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, what to do... what to do... Confused

Let's go blow up the Mud-communuist party HQ's. That should show those darned commies what capitalist's are capable of. Go China! :biggrin:

And well done Crymmy, you actually got me feeling sorry for the big lug n' all. Wink

Green Eyes - Chapter 5
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope they're just using the mines as a base of operations .. how (and where) they use those explosives is entirely upto you ... as is when they do, doesn't need to be yet. You lot just need to come up with China's battle plan to overthrow Muddy and thanks for the praise Its always nice to have Very Happy
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if we can find out about some of Muaddib's favorite places, perhaps we can drop some bombs there. Or as shady suggested, any place of worship could work.

-Confucius
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if we were back in IF the first, I would suggest hiring Rai, but seeing how's she's not in that line of work anymore...

And I'm still glad not to have made an appearence.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think I should have an Imperial Tune.

My favourite places are, the Hall of Reds, the Red Brigade Building, Red Hall, Red Square, Red House, Red Parliament, and the Red Fine Dining Pub.

Could I also have one of them black robes with red lapels? And some nice gloves with metal knuckles? What about a paramour, you're telling me all my ladies vanished?
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Takes a large pin to Muddy's ego* lol

Oh and Lordy you mean you're still glad you haven't made an appearance yet Very Happy
Phang
Elder

Topics: 25

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I must say...I am very, very scared.
jnmrcs
Builder

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting, especially some couples... Razz

Anyway, I thought that China should assault some bank or something like that. Where Muaddib have his money (or reserve or gold)? There should China attack so he could have money again Cool
Muaddib
Comrade

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wait a sec, in the normal IF, I'm supposed to have a bevy of hoes right? So what do I get in the twisted city?

*waits eagerly*
Ravenwing
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you get a bevy in normal IF, shouldn't there be none?

-Confucius
Crymzon

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm well as I actually know the end to this (I have this wierd nack of writing the end in my head first) .... we'll see me loverlies .. we'll see Very Happy
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: