Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Hangover - Discussion thread - maybe even a cure!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Phang should be the greater evil...although the thought coursed through me. It has to be something symbolic, like Leb said. I can think of no greater evil than the devil, Satan. So perhaps something to do with the devil- a horned man, or something (maybe Key's minotaur axe-wielders, from The Ram). Well, that's a bad idea, but you get the point.
Polokin
Citizen

Topics: 0
Location: It seems that I'm not physically capable of visiting a forum... damnit!

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I witnessed something in Jester Park before the fire and I aqquired an item which could be a clue of some sort.

Last edited by Polokin on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if the greater evil was some Internet horror...like some evil corporation trying to destroy IF so that they could claim all our Idearium for their advertising execs?

"Music makes you braver."
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaning up
lordofthenight wrote:
Do you want us to do anything on the quality of the writing? To bring that all up so the same standard, or should we leave it how it is now, with varying levels?

Difficult one, that. I think each post needs to be edited on a case by case basis. Maybe try and keep the original author's style as much as possible.

(EDIT to add) OK I've had a go at editing Chapter 1, concentrating on the worst two offenders and PM'd the edits to you to see what you think. Apologies for the state of your inbox in advance. Smile

What is discovered at the Council Meeting
I think we're all already agreed that there is some 'Other Evil' at work, threatening the City. Very Happy
Perhaps the poll should be more about what that 'Other Evil' is. I would personally prefer something new and original.

Re who cracked open the Well:
We have Smee discovering someone cracking open the Well. I am inclined to go with the idea that it is the 'Other Evil' that has done this, as well.

Re the Souls
lordofthenight wrote:
the various souls are beginning to get really annoying.

I agree. The Souls bit has got far too complex and needs to be simplified.

The original idea was that the users accounts that had been wiped off the database entirely were the souls that had been Exorcised and put into the Soul Well by Chinaren.
Naturally, they may feel a little pissed off at being Exorcised. So when the Soul Well got cracked open, and they were released in the form of the fog, they took advantage of their unexpected freedom by whipping the residents of IF into a rioting frenzy against Chinaren, (a ploy that could be used by Lordy later on in the story). Simple as that.

Remembering the Dream Chamber continuity blooper that Lebby discovered, and weaving in his suggestion:

The Dream Chamber holds the bodies of IFians NOT exorcised, and their spirits reside in the Realm of Dead IFians. This is in case their spirits return, and can be reunited with their bodies.*
It is those individuals that Din has met in the Realm and sent back from the Realm into the City, persuading them to go up, in disguise. They currently believe the escaped souls are being controlled, and want to find the person doing it. They are not doing anything at the moment, and it may be simpler if they were not in the city at all.

*(The reunification of body and spirit could happen with Dinranwen in the Dream Chamber, right near the very end of the story - Kalanna has already attempted to restore her original form, but has not actually written that she has succeeded, I think a reunification of body and spirit could be very well written Wink )

From the point of view of the Dead IFians (Muaddib and co)
It would be reasonable to think that the population of their Realm would gradually be growing, as occasional IFians died and dropped in through the Soul Well, or via other means. I suggested to Din by PM that from the Dead IFians point of view, the cracking open of the Well could have looked like souls being sucked out of their world, having 'gone into reverse'.

Ref Chinaren
Chinaren has been talked about a lot by characters in the story. They know he is absent, and in the story there is no knowing when he'll be back.
We've written the Mass Exorcism and Ceremony of Release into the story as being things he'd done several months before when he was around previously. That has nothing to do with his absence, so that is okay.

Chinaren's disappearance began just before New Year's Eve. So in the story it would be quite acceptable for him to have been present at the New Years party, if only for a while. I had suggested to D-Lotus by PM some time ago that Chinaren, knowing more than everyone realised, might have left D a trail of clues in his absence (the map planted on Crunch being the first one) to help him bring Lordy down. We can now substitute Lordy for the Greater Evil in this idea, of course.

Whether we run with this idea or not, it can still work without explaining Chinaren's absence, or documenting his return. Wink

Ref Jezsharp
dinranwen wrote:
However, now Jez is claiming that he rather than Chinaren or Lordy (as everyone seems to think) stole the City Map....and that he, Jez that is, planted the fake on Crunchy

I think this part has been misunderstood. I'll make it clearer in the summary. Smile

Jez stole the REAL map when he took over the TI, and placed a fake in its place. He has been using the REAL map to dig his tunnels.
The Fake then got stolen at New Years, and was planted on Crunchyfrog. We still dont know who did that.
Jez, when he had finished using the REAL map, copied it, PM'd it to various people, and returned it to the Council Hall.
From what I am aware, Jez is looking for information, but I dont know what he wants it for. Maybe Jez could look in here and clarify?
Smile
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ref Chinaren
Chinaren has been talked about a lot by characters in the story. They know he is absent, and in the story there is no knowing when he'll be back.
We've written the Mass Exorcism and Ceremony of Release into the story as being things he'd done several months before when he was around previously. That has nothing to do with his absence, so that is okay.

Chinaren's disappearance began just before New Year's Eve. So in the story it would be quite acceptable for him to have been present at the New Years party, if only for a while. I had suggested to D-Lotus by PM some time ago that Chinaren, knowing more than everyone realised, might have left D a trail of clues in his absence (the map planted on Crunch being the first one) to help him bring Lordy down. We can now substitute Lordy for the Greater Evil in this idea, of course.

Whether we run with this idea or not, it can still work without explaining Chinaren's absence, or documenting his return.

It's all slander! I'll sue! Wink I will attempt to make a mention to the party in 'Tale of IF part II', to be released soon. Hopefully I can work my return out too, timing-wise, at some point. Smile
JezSharp
Respected Citizen

Topics: 31

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, yes indeed I am. I was looking for more information as to the place that had been recently added to the Real Map which contained the phrases such as 'important' and 'do not go there'. It was hinted that such a location was added by a greater evil to perhaps snare someone into going there. (I was also hoping to find other scraps of information, but thats not wholly relevent to the plot here).

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!! Smile May I launch into the gaming. Smile
I'd love to be part of the disipearance of the king. HAHA. Wink
But I am undead so i'd be living in the sole world. where cruchy is currently at. Very Happy
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear Hear the CrunchFrog! Laughing Razz

I think your ideas are great Cruchy! Every last one of them!

Oh and why I am at....sorry for the Confusion with the Souls. It's all my fault.

*Slaps hand* Bad Din!

P.S. Rai's attempt at restoring my form did not succed...as you will see in my next post. Basically, I am able to use the form she helped create temporarily as a sort of cloak....over the form of Brithil (which explains my avatar) and would be more than willing to particpate in a joining of my body and spirit in the Dream Chamber if that's where it is.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red Very Happy

There are lots of great ideas coming out from everyone, and they're being discussed in the open, this is exactly what was needed. Very Happy Now we know roughly which direction we're all going in.

I think we're all pretty much agreed with the idea that there is a 'Greater Evil' at work.

And I think we're all fairly happy with the idea that it is the Greater Evil that cracked open the well, and that Smee discovered him/her doing it, tried to foil the attempt and failed, being cast into the future. Soul Well was opened, releasing the fog of souls.

The only thing that needs to be worked out in detail now are the events following that - involving D, Lordy, the Greater Evil, BStheGreat, Polokin, a murder/sacrifice, the stealing of the fake map, the planting of the map on Crunchy, and how D and Crunchy came to find themselves on the ledge at the beginning of the story. Very Happy
D has some of that nailed, and the rest will come, I hope, as the story is written.

We'll take a look at Crunchy fixing the fissure and how that might tie in with Lordy taking control later.

Now, the Council Meeting would serve to reveal some of this story, But.....

One thing we have to remember, is that Smee is not present, so he cannot tell his story at the meeting. Also, the only person he told was Ideamaster, and his memory has been wiped.

So... We, as authors, know more than our characters do. Smile

Ref the cleaning up
Lordy and I have cleaned up chapter 1. I am working on chapter 2. Solus, I believe, is looking at chapter 5.

Moving forward
I would like the Hangover to start again, but slowly. It would be nice (if Kalanna and IM agree) to remove their two posts at the start of the present chapter, and restart it again instead with a detailed description of Jester Park, and the whereabouts of everyone in it.

Whoever volunteers to make this post needs to include the following facts:

- The sun is rising over a very murky and foggy city, that has been ravaged by rampaging mobs, and warring RPG characters.

- Mage Mountain recently exploded, so there are probably pieces of rock littered everywhere.

- There was a large forest fire near Jester Park, so probably a lot of it is scorched.

- D mentioned a ferris wheel.

- Kalanna, at some point in the story, carved a glyph in the ground showing where everyone was supposed to meet.

Once that description has been posted, we'll stop again, and talk about how the delegates are gathering.

We'll do this for 2 or 3 posts, and then pick up speed again.

How does that sound?
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds Good, and I would be more than willing to help with that since I'm in the area with Kalanna.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay the next post in Hangover is all yours, Din!

Just a description of Jester Park, please, incorporating the visual references mentioned above, and anything else you can think of, and then we'll stop again, and look at the whereabouts of the characters.

Very Happy
Lebrenth
Honored Citizen

Topics: 43

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- Kalanna, at some point in the story, carved a glyph in the ground showing where everyone was supposed to meet.

I also read in one of Kalanna's post that she removed the glyph later, but before the council began to meet.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I replaced it in a later post. If not I'll edit it out and put the glyph back.

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....landing next to her glyph, which she banished.....

Lebby was right, Very Happy it was removed... and I can't see in any of Kalanna's subsequent posts that it was put back...

But people are starting to arrive in that area anyway, so it wouldn't matter now whether it had been removed or not.

If you want to edit the bit about banishing the glyph Kalanna that's fine, but it's no biggie if you dont want to. (Unless you are planning other reasons for having a glyph there, of course!)

Once Dinranwen has posted her description of Jester Park, the next person can deal with the people assembling there.

The current locations of everyone who has posted are:
Quote:
Kalanna and Dinranwen are already at Jester Park.
D-Lotus is making his way to the rendezvous point.
IdeaMaster is in the vicinity, and can see Kalanna, and Lordofthenight.
Polokin is close by.
Jezsharp and Solus are travelling via Jez's tunnels.
Lebrenth has run off, looking for Lordofthenight.
Crunchyfrog is in the Realm of Dead IFians.
Sasuke is in the labyrinth, by the pools, at the entrance of the Soul Well.
Masterweaver is somewhere in the city.
Xansta is in the dungeon of the palace.
Smudger is somewhere in the city, dressed in a uniform of some sort.

That could be an interesting post in itself... Since Smudger and Jez are furthest away, they might possibly turn up late... D is attending 'stealthily'... so he might not present himself immediately. And I am wondering if Lebby will make it at all, as he is running in the opposite direction looking for Lordy, who turned up just after Lebby ran off! Unless Lordy yells at him of course... Very Happy
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update on preparing Hangover for the Review Board...

Chapters 1, 2 and 3 have now been overhauled. Lecro and his legacies have been removed from the story, as have the continuity blooper of there being two D's and two Crunchyfrogs, and the confusion over Sasuke's parentage. This has resulted in over 20 post deletions, and numerous edits to other people's posts to remove their now redundant attempts to control Lecro.

Where it has been found, grammar and bad spelling have been corrected, and some passages rewritten to strengthen continuity, whilst preserving the style of the original author as much as possible.

Thanks to Lordy for performing the edits and deletions on my behalf.

I am now looking at Chapter 4, and Solus is working on Chapter 5.

The last two posts after the Chapter 5 summary have been removed, in order to make way for the start of Chapter 6, which will be a description of Jester Park, by Dinranwen, (hopefully!)
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Hangover is running again!

Din has set the scene, I've posted about the various Council members arriving.

Next post - get them all together, and when Lordy arrives, let the meeting commence!

Very Happy
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did we ever decide what this 'greater evil' was? Or are we just going to call it The Greater Evil?

D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like it actually. Its more symbolic by itself than anything we will be able to come up with.

"A shadow, an evil presence greater than any encountered before. The darkness of its laughter consumed the air and immersed everything in a monstrous sulphuric smell."

-The Hangover, 2007. Wink

btw, your pics for CH 1 aren't showing up for me, Crunch.
Polokin
Citizen

Topics: 0
Location: It seems that I'm not physically capable of visiting a forum... damnit!

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, I'm not the only one that can't see them. What were they supposed to look like?
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea that nobody knows what it is.
I also like the idea that we are still not going to get the whole story at the Council meeting... Only Smee or IM would have been able to have told of the actual opening of the well. Smee disappeared after the spell at Mage Mountain, and IM has no memory. Very Happy

You should be able to see the pics there now in CH1 now. *grumbles at code* Very Happy They are thumbnails of our avatars.

I'm not sure it is going to be the final format, it is just a test. Still fiddling around with it. Any suggestions welcome!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could just chime in. It may be an idea to actually not find out what/who the Greater Evil is.

That way we can work on it in the future. Plus it's always a good idea to leave some things hanging...

Very Happy

It's also a good idea not to change things too much. Similar to your favorite series on TV. You know that even though all the crew of the Enterprise have aged 2000years, come the end of the show they will all be back to normal.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, China, and duly noted!

All the council members that can make it to the meeting in Jester Park are more or less there, if not in mind, then at least in body. Except for Lordy, if he would like to make his entrance?

Then perhaps the revelations can begin... Very Happy

On another note, those who haven't noticed the test thread, please could you take a look, and give your comments? The poll is a bit out of date now, so I really need to know whether you prefer

test format 1, (post format, no change to the text, with icons depicting who contributed what)

test format 2 (chapterised format, where the text has been pulled around a bit, and extra narrative added to improve flow) or

test format 3 (Looks like post format, with icons, but with posts re-ordered, modified, spliced together, and narrative identified by italic text)

Whichever one we go with, I will format the first couple of chapters and submit to the review board. Very Happy
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't do it now, but I'll try and get it done later tonight.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Topics: 10

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there co-authors! I finally got around to reading something new now that I'm back, and I must say this whole thing is very cool.

I missed out on seeing it grow. But reading it now, cleaned up, inconsistencies fixed, it's amazing to see this complicated plot come together. Especially with so many co-authors.

This whole RP-SG hybrid experiment looks like a lot of fun. I'd love to contribute, but there's so much going on I don't want to throw another monkey-wrench in Smile

It looks like the ending it going to be difficult. Building up so many plot lines is easy, tying them all up at the end is another matter. Hopefully I'll think of some way to be helpful.

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess. Is it to late to join in on the game...

The story is so interesting. That it kept me busy wondering when I can fall into the story.

Very Happy Just want you to know that I think all the pieces you made crunchy is grrrrreattt!! Razz
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I have noticed a strange thing in several people's posts.

here's an example of some dialog.

Quote:
... which turned out to be the Master Map of IF."

"So you stole the map!" Rai shook her head as Polokin emerged from the bushes.

"No I didn't. ...

you'll notice the line "So you stole the map!"

this is being said by Polokin, in response to Rai's line above. However Rai shaking her head in response is written right after the line. This makes it look like Rai said the line while shaking her head as Polokin happened to emerge from the bushes in an unrelated event.

It should really read like this.
Quote:
... which turned out to be the Master Map of IF."

"So you stole the map!" Polokin yelled, emerging from the bushes.

Rai shook her head, "No I didn't. ...

I've noticed this effect, where a line was followed by a description of someone else reacting to it rather than the person who actually said the line, a lot in this story. Just thought I ought to point it out because it made things confusing for me sometimes.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's called bad writing. Be more careful in the future, people (meself included).
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An official welcome to Chinaren and Christalnightshade, the latest co-authors to jump in! Razz

And welcome (in advance, hopefully!) Argonaut!

You can jump in any time you want with your character.

There is also nothing stopping anyone from narrating without introducing a character, if they prefer, by the way!

Thanks for pointing out the writing style deficiency, I have now checked through the Final Version thread for instances of it, and made the corrections where necessary.
Very Happy

When I picked up on Solus being able to 'hear' the souls, I thought she'd be a perfect candidate for Crunchyfrog to get a message 'from the other side' through to D. I thought it better to write his story in the style of him 'reporting back', than to introduce a new parallel storyline into the mix. We really should be cutting back on the way we write 'parallel storylines' from every character's point of view now, it will look less like a RPG, and more of a story, and should help tie all the plots together.

At least now everyone knows that Crunch has fulfilled his mission, by diverting the seeping soul power down into the Realm of Dead IFians, but that is only a temporary solution, and at the risk of the Realm's very existance. Time is running short!

I have also written in the idea talked about earlier in this discussion thread, about reunification of body and soul in the Dream Chamber.

Also ref the introduction of new plot twists - we need to limit them now, and if they are introduced, they should be aimed at resolving and explaining stuff.

Lost Soul Parasite - that's good, it can be used to explain a lot of stuff, in many ways, and allows for more flexibility. I hope that someone comes up with the development of how it can be erradicated in time, though!

Last edited by Crunchyfrog on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
An official welcome to Chinaren and Christalnightshade, the latest co-authors to jump in!

*bows* Thanks. Ok I have gotten split personaloties from the gas called greater evil. And with it I think that poeple might think that I'm nuts and I have lost my memory...

But I need info on Where exactly the council's at? Very Happy and the orange-hamster-china? I think I might come up with how to destory it... but only with in time... Smile
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Council meeting is taking place in the middle of Jester Park. That is some distance away from China's mansion. So you may need to do a little editing. Wink

The Greater Evil Gas - This is a new plot twist, and so far it seems that the Crady character is the only one that has been affected by it, everyone else being affected by the 'Lost Soul Parasite' idea introduced by Chinaren.

Now the gas has been introduced, it needs to be developed to explain where it came from, why it was bottled, and what it was doing in China's mansion.

Ideally if it can be linked with something earlier in the story, that would help tie things in.

Hope this helps!
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the lost Soul Parasite could explain a lot of things, but it could easily be explained away, or downgraded to sideline as well if no one liked it.

I will try and keep my little interludes a bit seperate, so you can get on with the main plots which, as has been said already, should be worked on with an aim to wrapping at least the main ones up. Doing this can take some time, so you need to start sooner rather than later!

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thanks crunchy. Very Happy That helps a lot.

I shall then edit a bit on what i have typed so far. *scurries off to write*

EDIT: The middle post was edited...added a trek through the dark silent town of If.
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well CrunchyFrog, if I can come up with something good I'll try and write some narrative without succumbing to the urge to add myself into the story. Smile

This whole experiment has given me a lot of ideas on how to make an SG in this format but keep more control of the story. Being set in IF where anyone can be anything they want really gives people a little too much freedom. Plus having a character in the story that represents you makes it very hard not to write in a role-playing mode. I think that the co-authors need to distance themselves from what their characters want, and think more along the lines of what the story calls for if you want to bring this to a satisfying conclusion.

CrunchyFrog has been becoming more and more like a director lately, rather than just one of the co-authors. I think that's a brilliant idea. Since this whole concept is his, he can be a guiding force to keep the story on track and actually headed somewhere. Well that's my two cents, less role-playing more story-telling Smile
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Post Very Happy

Okay, the Council meeting is winding up, and unless Lordy puts in an appearance, or Jez and Solus have anything to say, they've more or less agreed to go and convince Lordy to join them in fighting against the Greater Evil.

Now Crunch has bought a little time, by diverting the soul power towards the Realm of Dead IFians, but at the risk of destroying it. The fog is now just hanging, no longer actively inciting IFians to rebel against Chinaren.

A new idea has been introduced - Lost Soul Parasites, which could explain the strange behaviour of some of the councillors - particularly Solus - and we need to develop more what is happening with her. Is it just one soul she's talking to in her head? If so, who, or what is it?

Since this is an experimental SG, I would now like to try out a poll. Very Happy

The characters know what they want to do, but not how to go about it.

What do they do first?

For example, do they split up? Do they go to IM's house? (It has openings to the Dream Chamber and the Realm of Dead IFians, but is currently completely secure, and can only be accessed by IM (No memory, could be interesting!)

Do they go in search of Lordy? If so, where?

(If Jez, Smudger, Lebrenth, Solus and Lordy still want to add their characters' piece to the Council Meeting, please go ahead, so we get a complete picture from all characters - if they dont want to, that's fine.) Smile

Anyway, please post your suggestions below!
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Topics: 46

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we ought to split up into two teams: one to bring me back to my mansion and get my memory restored, and another to confront Lordy.

Once my memory is restored, it's a simple matter of me deactivating the security so that we can charge down the stairwell and see how much power we need to plug the leaks.

Another idea: suppose we split into three teams? One to restore my memory, one to confront the evil chancellor, and one to find Smee and hopefully Key?

...No plans yet.
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like splitting up is the only option, with so many characters involved. Of course that means we'll have more fragmented narrative jumping between the different teams. Still that could be fixed up in editing Smile

IM's mansion is certainly full of useful stuff, and finding Lordy is certainly necessary. However I was under the impression that when the spell to restore Key blew up mage mountain, Smee was shoved back into his time-curse so he'll appear at some time in the future, and Key was sent into the future with him. I suppose there's no reason Key couldn't be sent somewhere else.

Also JezSharp seemed to be on the road to finding something powerful that might help with fighting the greater evil. Whatever is in the book "The Treasures of IF" might be important.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I divided it into two options: Soul well/dream chamber and Lordy. Inside those two categories there is a vast spectra of available options.

Argonaut, not sure if your experiment would work as well. After all, it is the spirit of fun and casual adventure that led this experiment. It needed that impulse to get to the serious stage its at now.
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lotus wrote:
Argonaut, not sure if your experiment would work as well. After all, it is the spirit of fun and casual adventure that led this experiment. It needed that impulse to get to the serious stage its at now.

You may have a valid point D. However, it would hardly be an experiment if I was sure it was going to work Smile we'll need to save our conclusions till after we test the hypothesis.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, splitting into 2 teams seems the obvious way to go... and seeing as it has been written in to the story already, we'll save trying out a poll til later. Smile

(edit to add:) Okay, they've split up - IM, Din and Smudge are going back to IM's house. The only way they can get in is through the tunnel that takes them past the Dream Chamber. They need to use the gas masks that were left at the end of the tunnel. Ultimately, Din and SMudge can get straight to the Realm of Dead IFians from IM's house.

I noticed that Crady had left the bottle of gas rolling around, so Jez is taking it back to the TI to analyse it.

That leaves Solus, D, Lebby and Polokin, to find Lordy.

All can communicate with each other. Perhaps we could write from the point of view of one group, but with communications coming in from the others at various points, describing their individual journey. That way we could have one focus point, instead of RPG style writing. What does everyone think?

Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed that Crady had left the bottle of gas rolling around, so Jez is taking it back to the TI to analyse it.

What is the TI? I'm still not sure where china is and I'll ahve to somehow then get somewhere here. And get rid of he voices inside my head.... maybe it can be that there is souls stuck in there or finger prints of china on the bottle...

Still I dont know where i'm exactly going so someoen then just have to help out... then I can type narrative and not only from one point of view... Very Happy
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: