Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
The Hangover - Discussion thread - maybe even a cure!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. crunchy everything looks good... Very Happy Not much time to type, but So long I do see that everything is working out.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Topics: 168

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lotus wrote:
Sounds good, when explained all at once...but no one in the story has all of that knowledge, so who'll explain it?

Well, I'm not sure, it could be figured out by the team and recounted Scooby Doo style at the end...

During the remainder of the adventure, for example, D could discover a clue that makes it obvious to him that Chinaren was supposed to have given him the map, and, if Jez owns up at some point that he placed the fake in the repository, our detective can figure it out along the way, as kind of like a side-plot.

Meanwhile, I think we should now continue the story for a while, but from D's group's point of view. (D, Polokin, Lebrenth and Solus) The reason I think we should do it from his point of view is -

He has Lebrenth with him, which means he has contact with IM, Lilith, Crady, and Jez, and he also has Solus with him, which means he has contact with Crunch, Sasuke, Din and Smudger. If we stay with D, we can keep progress with all the characters, using Lebby's mod ring and otherworldly contact via Solus, without the whole thing degenerating into a RPG.

Only when one of the other groups gets to a pivotal point should we switch for a while, and then switch back, but we should stop the story and all agree when. But when we switch to another P.O.V, it should be for at least 10 posts which is about the length of a Hangover chapter. Okay?

How does that sound?

Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But when we switch to another P.O.V, it should be for at least 10 posts which is about the length of a Hangover chapter. Okay?

whatever works for you and hangover... Razz Still, i'm not that important in story, so it'll be up to the ones who knows what is going on about them.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christalnightshade wrote:
Quote:
But when we switch to another P.O.V, it should be for at least 10 posts which is about the length of a Hangover chapter. Okay?

whatever works for you and hangover... Razz Still, i'm not that important in story, so it'll be up to the ones who knows what is going on about them.

You're missing the point, Nightshade... Just because the focus moves away from your character doesn't mean you cannot continue writing the story. If you have been reading this discussion thread, you will be well aware of what is/will be happening to the others. This is what this thread is here for.

You are co-writing the Hangover story, not just role-playing your character. When everybody who is collaborating on this experiment writes in this way the Hangover may just stand some chance of escaping being booted into Games. Sad
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Topics: 82

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope what i posted works! let me know if it needs to be changed!

© 2007-2019 Lilith

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You are co-writing the Hangover story, not just role-playing your character. When everybody who is collaborating on this experiment writes in this way the Hangover may just stand some chance of escaping being booted into Games.

Sorry crunch didn't mean... eeerrrm....erm...erm.

I'll go post now... It will not be booted into games *holds speaker fone high, while playing guitar*
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Topics: 46

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Reminds everyone that he and Crunchy ARE the mods for the games district.*

...No plans yet.

Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods* I know IM. If you have forgotten I litrally threw my avatar infront the screen... Razz
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Topics: 10

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo all those maps sure are a mess... Still it looks like things are coming together, even if our heroes don't know it yet. It seems like we're leaning towards Lordy already being at the important place, but why is he there? Is he waiting on Rai to bring him the spell ingredients? Possibly. Does he know anything about what else is going on? Has he been taken out by the Greater Evil?
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! now there's an idea Argo! having Lordy working for the greater evil and when he's served his purpose, the greater evil kills him off! Great story twist and solves the finding Lordy problem.. heh heh heh!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I like that too! I'm all for the heroes having to get Lordy out of a mess... Very Happy

BTW, well done with your posts, Lilith and Nightshade, that's the kind of approach I was looking for!

Nightshade, you will need to keep a closer eye on what is going on, though, I think you missed a bit about Jez already telling Lebby about the bottles, and we agreed in this thread that we were not going to feature China's version of the map too heavily in the plot.

I've sent the characters in the direction of China's mansion, but it might be better if they dont actually find his map, and Jez comes up with a solution in time. Good bit of suspense for the time being though. Wink

BTW, at some point in the near future there could be an opportunity for some cool writing if somebody, (D's group or IM's group) were to discover Kalanna's body. They will have no idea that she will reappear in the future, due to the accident on Mage Mountain. Since she has sent her gem with the ingredients into the future also, there will be no evidence at all as to what caused her apparently gruesome death. They will really really think she's dead...
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Topics: 103

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where is this 'place' Lordy is at? D's group really needs to know that if I'm going to post a piece of writing.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is going well!

I wont be about for a few days now, so please keep it going.. If the focus needs to switch to another group at some point, it would be good to end this part in a good suspenseful situation that can be returned to later.

There is no reason why Jez cannot rejoin D's group when he has finished working on his antidote at the TI, and hopefully he'll have the info about where everything is going to happen at the end.

If the focus does need to switch to another group, halt the writing, and just make sure in this thread that everyone knows roughly what they're going to be writing about, before you start!

I havent officially asked anyone to take over 'directing' but I wondered if Chinaren and Argonaut wouldn't mind keeping an eye on the discussions since neither are actively involved in the writing but both have a good handle on what is going on with the plots, that would be a great help. If it is too much of an imposition, though, I have no problem with anyone else volunteering!

Later! Smile
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and keep an eye on it Crunch, but I am also going to be a bit busy* over the next couple of days.

I suggest Lordy is stuck in the Swamp of the Dregs. A kind of 'sump' where all the goo from the Souls oozes into. The GE put him there to sink slowly. It wouldn't kill him, but it would trap him for ever.

*Read drunk or hungover.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOOOH!!

Please, let me write the scene when they find Chinaren's lair! I have a great idea!!!

Okay, sorry. I hope this doesn't throw you off too much. It just seemed to fit quite nicely. Heehehehehhehehee.

You can delete it if it contradicts anything.

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslong as there is not any rope at that moment I'm then fine with you doing a small part of it. Razz
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very wary about approaching my body. There are still active wards around that place that can't be stopped without a sacrifice...which is why I'm dead. So unless someone want's to joing me...

*sits back and waits for more company*

"Music makes you braver."
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I finally tried to write something in the actual story. I hope I haven't stepped on anyones plot-lines. I did refrain from giving myself a cameo Smile let's keep this story moving!
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your post in the hangover thread was perfect for this point in the story! I was also able to make one to move the story along a little more! Hope you like!

© 2007-2019 Lilith
solus.serpen
Respected Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh.
Umm, just thought I should point out that although Solus can communicate with the souls, and doesn't know what she's doing/is unconsious and out of it during the transaction, she is able to move once the connection has been lost.
I mean, yeah, she might be a bit quiet and withdrawn, but it's not like she's knocked out...
...which seems to be some people's interpretation of it...

Heh, so yeah.
Wink

~Solus

chapter 6 of DESTINY - a super old SG which won't continue...but there are a full 6 chapters if you feel like reading something with no ending!
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks, I'm back, and it was a good read!

My only criticism is that it was starting to fall back into being a RP again.

Great to see Argo putting in his first post! And a nice twist from Chin, I have attempted to tie it in together with how the fake map originally came to be planted on Crunchy, and managed to explain how D came by the crystal shard he gave Crunch to temporarily plug the Soul Well also.

Kalanna, we are supposed to be writing from one point of view only, and you are RPing...

If you think that we need to shift the focus of the story to your character, you need to suggest here that we stop it and we can all write it together as a chapter. That is how we are doing it now.

I would like, actually to remove your 3 posts and copy them somewhere, to place them in later in the story.

Kalanna Rai wrote:
I'd be very wary about approaching my body. There are still active wards around that place that can't be stopped without a sacrifice...which is why I'm dead. So unless someone want's to joing me...

We all understood that there was only one booby trap per ingredient, so unless you want to be more specific, you cannot expect people to leave that part of the story alone.

It would also be good to leave your character for 'dead' for as long as possible, to give the characters and the reader the impression that there has been a tragedy, and that one of the main characters really has 'died', even though this is not really the case.

We now have Chinaren's Tale of IF neatly tied in, and D's crew are moving further towards finding Lordy, who I think we've agreed we're supposed to be rescuing, now...?

Also I am wondering whether we should think about shifting back to IM's team, in preparation to get closer to the place marked 'important', especially as it is IM's team that are out looking for Key.

What are everyone's thoughts?

(edit to add) I am also thinking about the idea about where the ley lines converge and the place marked 'important' - when I get time I'll look at the maps on the IFki and see if we can pinpoint a place so that we can all have a visual reference. Smile
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally agree with CF here....except that Lordy should just be killed by the Greater Evil... but that's just my opinion

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Polokin
Citizen

Topics: 0
Location: It seems that I'm not physically capable of visiting a forum... damnit!

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilith wants Lordy killed off? Councelling can solve that Wink

You have a point though. People in Lordy's case are usually just pawns used in the grand scheme, and are killed in time.
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Lordy would like to be killed off... I think he would just turn to our side.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shouldn't change anything drastically to anyone or anything in IF in this story. Chin has already voiced this. Nobody should be killed off permanently, or changed permanently, and nothing in IF should be drastically changed permanently.

Like I suggested earlier, leaving a character for 'dead' for a sizeable portion of the story is okay for suspense, tragedy etc. as long as we know this is not really the case.

At the end of Hangover, all characters should return to normal, and IF should start the process of returning to normal. The only major change to IF lore we may have made in the Hangover is new information about local geology and underground tunnels, and of course, the introduction of the Soul Well.

Okay, we need to decide where we are moving next -

Continue with D's group?
IM's group?
Din's group?
Kalanna's group?

My own personal opinion is that we should move to IM's group. The reason is that it gives more opportunity to find out 'clues' about Key and Smee, the time travel spell, and the ley lines. We can also learn more about the Soul Salve.

Din's group and Kalanna's group are more to do with fixing the Soul Well itself, and perhaps should be focussed on later - I believe that starting with them too early might kill the suspense.

Any other thoughts?
D-Lotus
Venerable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's do this! Cool

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My own personal opinion is that we should move to IM's group

To me personally i think, this group should uncover clues, but only a little... Very Happy
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay somebody mentioned earlier about the possibility of some magical ley lines converging somewhere, marked 'Important' on the map

Using my *cough cough* formidable *splutter* cartographic skills, I have managed to draw some lines on the map of the surrounding area of IF (which I found in the IFki).

Where these lines intersect, we could perhaps say that they are areas of heightened magical properties, or somehting like that.

At these points we have the Soul Well, and the Important place... Also with a bit of jiggery pokery, it could be a coincidence that 2 lines intersect under Smee's house, which would explain why the Greater Evil was doing what it was doing in Smee's basement... Very Happy

But at least with a visual reference, we all know where we are. Hopefully.

Anyway without further ado, and no laughing please... here goes.... Are you ready for this?.... Very Happy

Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grumbles something about brainstorming in Chat* Confused

A few ideas got thrown around between Lordy, Nightshade and myself earlier today, and before they are long forgotten, I promised I'd summarise them here.

They are -

1. The Jester Hat. The hat appeared at the Council meeting with 2 notes on it. Kalanna read one out, but did not read the other one out. She instead left it at the meeting when she went off to get the 'flesh' and 'bone' elements of Lordy's spell. D-Lotus picked up the hat and he still has it with him.

What was on that second note?

a) A fake ransom note from OF, saying they have Lordy. (The kidnapping did not occur)

b) A note from Lordy to Kalanna saying that the 'flesh' and 'bone' elements were now up for grabs.

c) A note in Kalanna's own handwriting from her future self that somehow a copy of herself got thrown into the future on Mage Mountain, and that she has to go sacrifice herself to get the 'flesh' and 'bone' elements of the spell.

d) any more ideas welcome!

Which idea should we go with?

2. How did a copy of Kalanna get sent into the future?

a) If we remember, Smee got blasted into the future by the Greater Evil, when Smee was trying to stop it crack open the well. Smee was supposed to reconstitute the following day, but IM wove a temporary spell to try and speed up the process, as he needed Smee on Mage Mountain to help him reverse a curse on Key.

Kalanna, Smee and IM reversed the curse but Mage Mountain exploded, and Smee and Key disappeared.
So maybe there were remnants of the time spell around Smee, that just snapped back into effect, and sent Smee back into the future again, along with Key who happened to be right nearby. Kalanna, being a lot larger, happened to be standing in the wrong place and somehow a copy of her was whisked into the future with them too.

b) Any alternative ideas are welcome!

3. What happens at the end when the spell is applied?

a) Lordy harnesses the power of the Souls at the crucial moment, and directs the power towards the AHA desert or the Fanta Sea.

b) The Soul Well is successfully sealed up by using the spell, reverting everything to normal.

c) Lordy says that waiting for the Soul Well to explode was always his plan, knowing that it could never contain the power of the souls. He intended to use the blast to save his own life and control IF. He is overpowered by the others.

d) Any more ideas welcome. (Remember, however that we have to resume some semblance of normality at the end of the story - nothing should drastically change.)

Which idea should we go with?

4) What IM's group should find

This has already been discussed, but the plot has moved on a bit in as much as it was IM's group that discovered Kalanna's body. They should probably figure out that one of her gems is missing, but of course they dont know why. They also dont know what she was doing when she 'died'.

Perhaps using IM's magic they should be able to trace the time spell and figure out what has happened to Smee, and maybe even to Rai, but not, necessarily, to Key.

Any more suggestions welcome!
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like all of these ideas and I think the Jester Hat's 2nd note should be from Kalanna's future self tellling her she has to sacrifice herself to get the last couple parts of Lordy's spell... this was a very good idea whoever came up with it cuz way back in the City Council Mems. meeeting, Kalanna's attitude changed and she became more serious after reading the 2nd note, which if you found out you had to die to do something but knew it would be alright because your future self has already lived through the experience only you dont know how...whew! That would give you quite an attitude adjustment, wouldn't it?

Hey! Whose great idea was it to start messing with the space-time continuum anyway?

© 2007-2019 Lilith
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have've been absent for a few days...and it seems I missed quite a lot. So...to catch up and to respond to all of Crunchy's many suggestions/questions:

1.) D: A note from Lordy saying Rai's severices are no longer needed...that he had found somewhere else to get his merchandise. Simple, sweet, unconfusing, and just open enough to mean abouseltly anything....

2.) a or b: Kalanna had already established a future self of herself, earlier in the week because she knew this would happen.

3.) B or C, or both

4.) Lovely map btw....perfect for understanding what's happening, which being utter chaos is always hard to understand.

5.) I agree that we should follow IM's group (I've lost track whose who and who's where though) as they converge search for Kalanna...perhaps they can meet up with Kalanna and Co. and convently merge on one of the Important merging spots as things start to wrap up.

I also think that prehaps we should catch up with Crunchy and co. to see how patching up the soul well is holding up...maybe as a sort of interlude between parts or something of that sort.
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lilith wrote:

Hey! Whose great idea was it to start messing with the space-time continuum anyway?

Urgh, dont ask! Very Happy I misread one of Kalanna's posts, and an interesting idea came out of it.

*hates writing time travel* Confused Very Happy

Hangover is running again, this time from IM's perspective. Perhaps we'll move onto the Realm of Dead IFians after that... as Din said, it might make a nice interlude...
Lilith
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope my post was okay with everyone. If not, tell me here and I'll either edit or delete it.

© 2007-2019 Lilith
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Topics: 46

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I've been deathly ill* and I hope nobody minds that I'll be doing a post from Lordy's point of view instead of continuing my own storyline for the time being. I had a sudden insight and I must post it, lest my muse beat me unconscious with a rubber mallet.

*Read incredibly lazy and busy coating my bedroom in a new coat of paint: Phlem.

...No plans yet.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IM - Trouble with that is we're still deciding exactly what I'm up to. There's any number of possible reasons - I've hidded my Mod ring to throw people off my trail. I've been captured by the GE. I'm faking an abduction by the people of OF.

Plus, I have no reason to kill Rai - she's done everything I've expected of her so far - killing my loyal ally serves no purpose, except to cover up my plan. And seeing how everyone already knows my plan (or thinks they do), that aspect is ruined.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Text from Rai's posts which will be removed and reinserted later

Rai blinked several times and shook her head to clear the fog of death from her head. She flexed some talons trying to discern if she was fully meshed into her new body. "Hello Rai, plesure to see you again. Have a seat won't you?"

Smee grinned as the startled ghostly dragoness turned a surprised face toward him. King Key waved a lazy hello in the direction of the ghostly mod before turning back to gaze at the time zipping past. "Smee? Key? Where in IF...why arn't I in flesh again?" The wizard chuckled.

"Well you died a smidge too soon. Looks like you're just going to have to wait around with Key and I until we catch up." Smee watched the dragoness look around. "Lost something?"

Rai spread her claws in a gesture of futility and nodded. "You wouldn't have happened to notice an amulet with a magical ruby the size of a small imported car whizz past would you?"

Smee and Key shook their heads as Rai sighed. "Oh well...at least it should show up when we get there."

"It's probably just a little further along in the time stream." Key mused. "Speaking of which, heads up Rai."

"Huh?" Twisting her head to look around the dragoness had a moment to get the perception of something large and red coming at her at mach speed before she and her future body impacted with tremendous force. "Ouch. That's a rather unplesant sensation. Remind me not to do this again."

Smee chuckled. "If the situation ever arises where you've inadvertantly sent a copy of your body into the future and yourself, Key, and I find ourselves zipping through Space Time again...I'll try to remember that."

Rai, Key, and Smee had been reduced to playing I-Spy while whizzing through Space Time to pass the time, no pun intended, when they were suddenly spat out with a thump. "Ouch!" Key groaned. "What did I land on? A rock?" Rai untangled herself, her head was caught under her wing, and gave a short snort of joy.

"Nope just me." Quickly the revitalized dragoness stripped her body of everything important in a few quick seconds. "Hang on, my mod gems have gone cold. It'll take me a few minutes to bring them on line again." Smee glanced around apprehensively.

"Is it safe to stay here while we wait for that?"

"No place safer. The wards should be back online by now. Going out's no problem, coming in requires somebody with a deathwish."

"Indeed." Key murmered one pudgey hand on one of his chins. "I'm astonished you found this place." He glanced at Rai with narrowed eyes. "Just how did you accomplish that?" Rai quirked an eyebrow at him.

"I had a good copy of the Master Map." To this Key made no reply other than a long 'hheerrrm' which might just have been his breathing. Smee poked at the wards a bit while Rai stole the essences from her former flesh.

"I still say we get moving...we need to find the Soul Well if what you told us in transit were correct." The dragoness didn't argue, she had to find her red amulet after all and she was pretty sure she knew where it was going to materialize. Quickly scooping up Smee, it took a few moments for her to lift Key and get them both comfortbly situated on her back, they looked around. "Why aren't we moving."

"My gem's not back up yet. I don't have a map until it is...unless you do?" Smee shook his head. It was at that moment Key fished around in his massive belly rolls and pulled free what looked like a much abused lunch napkin.

"I happen to have one right here...."

Hmmm, the last post went before I had a chance to copy it... I hope whoever deleted it copied the text somewhere...
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, ref IM's post, it is a complete curveball, yes, but it brings us squarely in front of an issue we've all been dancing around, and that is Lordy's plan.

Now - Lordy has been quite reticent throughout about divulging his characters plans. He recently mentioned in Chat about involving a war with OF, but unless we get any detail down here, it is going to be very difficult for us all to write about that sensibly.

I would suggest that whatever Lordy's ultimate plan is, it needs to be simple in design, as it is being introduced so late in the game, and it has to be reconciled with the huge plate of spaghetti that is the rest of the plot.

Let's look at IM's post...

Quote:
Meanwhile, elsewhere in the city, right underneath the spot marked 'Important' on the master map of IF...

Okay, for continuity's sake, (and the crappy map I produced earlier, Razz ) the place marked 'Important' is out of town, a bit to the north.
Quote:
...Lordy paced back and forth in his inner sanctum.

This means we are placing Lordy's inner sanctum right underneath the place marked Important, (right out of town, to the north).

I always did like the idea of everyone finding Lordy at the Important place, being there either by his own design, or in capture, or in battle with the Greater Evil. I hadn't thought of him having his Inner Sanctum be there. Maybe he built it there with the precise reason for taking over IF? (Perhaps that is why he originally had Kalanna copy the map?)
Quote:
Damn, damn, and double-damn. Everything was falling around his ears. As the old daemon saying went: The best laid plans are often undone by mortals. He'd just never believed it until now.

IM had not only recovered his memory, but also went out to find what remained of Rai. Fortunately, she was dead, killed off by some old spell or other, but she'd sent her necklace to her future self. She'd somehow gotten herself entangled with Smee's time-travel spell from earlier. All was not lost, however, as her gems would take time to retune themselves to her after her apparent 'death.' If he could nab them soon enough, there was an off chance they'd retune to him instead.

D had found Chinaren, and learned the truth and also recovered his memory. Polokin had almost finished him off nicely, but then more truth had come out. Bah. And now they were on his doorstep, albeit a hidden one. He couldn't just sit and wait for them to find him. He'd have to eliminate them as well.

And then there was the matter of the Soul Well. It was being haphazardly patched up, but if the citizens of IF continued in this fashion, then their metaphysical duct tape would do the job that the fancy magics were supposed to. There had to be something he could use to retake control of that situation.

This is a good summary! The only part that doesn't quite fit is that Kalanna was killed off by attempting to get one of the ingredients of the spell for Lordy. She has all the ingredients now, (in the gem that has been sent into the future). So if that bit could be edited, that would be great...

We also need some way of explaining how Lordy knows all this stuff!!!
Quote:

Control. He had to regain control. That was key here. He took a few deep breaths, and realized what he had to do.

"Servile minion!" Lordy bellowed. Quite quickly, an impish figure appeared in a small flash of flames. It bowed to him, awaiting his orders.

"Set loose the Devourer upon Kalanna Rai. Tell him that any jewelry he finds is to be brought to me outside his stomach.

Lordy is not actually asking to kill Kalanna here. Only to get the Gems. He's after control. So we can work around this.
Quote:

Release Smauna in the outer antechamber-"

"Sir, IM, D, Crunchyfrog, and Sasuke already destroyed the Fauna Slug." The imp quivered as he contradicted his master.

"Then supplement her with the Destroyer." The Greater One had given him many cool minions with names like that which had abilites to match.

Ah, the Greater One. Who is that? The Greater Evil, we presume? Very Happy
Quote:

"I do not wish to be found until I have completed the essential spell-weaving. Let loose the ghasts and shades into the Realm of Dead IFians, seeing as they are the only ones that can safely enter that realm. That is all."

Oh gawd... Surprised Very Happy
Quote:

The imp bowed. "I obey your will, master." It vanished in another puff of flames.

Lordy considered. He needed to get away, and he needed to harness the power of the Soul Well. There might be a way to do both, and he carefully flipped through an old spellbook that moaned softly as he turned the pages, looking for an anwser. Yes...by tying the Unsummoning ritual with the one that would give him total dominion over the power of the Soul Well, he might be able to drain the power directly home.

This still works, assuming that the one that would give him total dominion over the power of the Soul Well is the one with the 3 elements that Kalanna was collecting.
Quote:

IM would be tricky. Lordy pondered awhile, and then realized that IM would have been cursed several times over by now. He quickly did a scan of IM and reactivated the most potent curse he could find, carefully recalibrating the area of effect to also nab whoever was near IM at the time in a similar curse, and set it to go off when he was surrounded by people. That ought to be interesting.

Stopping D would be easy, he would just unleash his secret weapon once D reached him. There would be no escape...Lordy allowed a small evil laugh to escape his throat. As he finished, dust billowed down from above, and he realized it might not have been so small after all.

Personally, overall, I think it's a great post, it is just badly placed. It says a lot but still does not reveal much about Lordy's ultimate plan. But perhaps before we write any further, we should nail down what Lordy's plan is. I'll put the options in the next post because this one is getting a bit long. Smile
Crunchyfrog
Honorable IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What was Lordy's original plan?

a) Incorporate a war with OF to take over IF (need details from Lordy though)

b) Piggyback from the spell of the Greater Evil who cracked open the well (as per D-Lotus's revelations) by sending Kalanna to get the 3 ingredients, to fully open the well, and take over just about everything from the deserts of AHA to the Fanta Sea.

c) Use the 3 ingredients to harness and control the power of the Souls in the Well for his own general use after it had been cracked open by the Greater Evil. (Per IM's post)

d) Use the 3 ingredients to harness and control the power of the Souls in the Well to use purposefully to take over and rule IF.

e) Any more suggestions welcome.

Remember, regardless of what is chosen here, at the end of the story, it should be thwarted in some way, as everything should return back to normal, with Lordy's plans being put on ice until 'next time'.

Although we can write about Lordy's plan, it doesn't necessarily have to be revealed to the characters in the story, which could preserve Lordy's attempts to have another go at taking over in the future. Wink

Also, I'd like to remind everyone to give their opinions on the options we have for the end of the story....

2. What happens at the end when the 3 part spell is applied at the Well?

a) Lordy harnesses the power of the Souls at the crucial moment, and directs the power towards the AHA desert or the Fanta Sea.

b) The Soul Well is successfully sealed up by using the spell, reverting everything to normal.

c) Lordy says that waiting for the Soul Well to explode was always his plan, knowing that it could never contain the power of the souls. He intended to use the blast to save his own life and control IF. He is overpowered by the others.

d) Any more ideas welcome. (Again, bear in mind we have to resume some semblance of normality at the end of the story - nothing should drastically change.)
Argonaut
Mercenary Artist

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going with IM's post then it appears that Lordy is working for the Greater evil, who is supplying Lordy with minions.

Of course, that doesn't mean that Lordy isn't planning to double-cross the GE Smile

This would mean Lordy was working for the GE in exchange for a piece of the action when the GE takes over. However he always planned to destroy the GE and take his place as ruler when the time came.

So my proposal for what happens in the end is that our heroes stop Lordy at a crucial moment, foiling his double-cross and actually allowing the GE to come to power. Then everyone will need to band together somehow, even Lordy, to destroy or banish the GE.

How does that sound?
dinranwen

Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argo's plans sound simple, and straight forward enough that I say go with it.

Having Lordy working with the GE but planning to double cross it/him/her later definetly make's sense and the Three Indregents Rai has been gathering for Lordy could explain how exactly Lordy intended to gain the 'upperhand' on the Greater Evil using the 'Three Indregents' and The 'Soul Well's Power.

However, I would divege from this plan a little...instead of everyone barging on Lordy before he double-crosses the GE, how about the GE crosses Lordy instead?

It could happen something like this:
~ ~ ~
Lordy stands waiting for his minions to delever the 'indregents' Rai collecected for him. He needed them before 'he/it/she' arrived. GE swoops in out of nowhere, laughing madly having already gained what needed through other means, cast a sever spell on Lordy that either causes his death or really bad damage on the Demon before exiting to finish his plans.

D's group arrives in time to 'save' Lordy from his untimely death, but are unable to stop the GE's escape.

~ ~ ~

The GE betraying Lordy would definetly give Lordy a reason to join the gang in stopping the GE's plans if only for revenge, and maybe to cover his own tale too.

As a result, when the group faces off with the GE Lordy, Rai, Crunchy, IM, etc, etc, can use everything they learned/gathered/made to stop the GE mid track possibly redrecting the spell the GE is using so it either destroys the GE itself or is redricted to somewhere harmless like AHA or THE.

I also think we should keep IM's post exactly where it is...just delete Rai's post to post it at a later point...perhaps after IM finishes his scans or we move to the Smee/Key group point of view (which we could do, maybe they have something we need).

Well, anyway the reason I think we should keep IM's post where it is presently is because D's group is so close to where Lordy is but still ignorant of his present location, this short interval tells us exactly where Lordy is without having to deal with the possibility of the capture of Lordy. Besides if I remember rightly, Lordy discarded his ring earlier, perhaps he did this to throw his would be 'finders' off the trail (It won't work though not with D's 'senses' full up and running!) but perhaps it was a clever ruse to lure them into his trap.

Another recall tells me that Lordy planned on using D, Lebby, and someone else as 'volenteers' from sort of 'expeirment'...maybe Lordy purposfully left his ring where it was found to lure his 'victims' to this spot. Perhaps as a service to the greater evil....as say 'the sacrifices' needed to gain control over the soul well or the 'three ingredents' The GE isn't aware Lordy already has acess to via Rai.

So...in summary,

We have found Lordy. He is in his inner sactum, he knows D's group is close, he knows he would enventually be found be D's 'sluth senses'. When Lordy is found he will release his 'last weapon'.....this weapon will destroy D and co. (Lordy may need this sacrfice for the "Spell' mentioned in IM's post).

Lordy may or may not be luring D's group for some purpose in concordence with his plan with the Greater Evil to gain the ultimate control over If.

Lordy has currently waiting for the ingrendents Rai gathered to be used (perhaps) in the collabartion of the sacrifice of D and co to gain enough power to double cross the GE while gaining complete control over the Soul Well (and thus the City at the same time).

Before Lordy recieves the ingredents or news from his minions, he is double crossed by the GE in some way.

In the end, the GE attempts to kill Lordy. D's group arrives just in time to 'save' Lordy, but are unable to stop the GE's escape.

GE escapes to wherever to finish his plans...only Lordy knows where this is.

Betrayed, Lordy agrees to help everyone stop the GE. Using already constructed evil plans, Lordy lays out the stragegdy for the group.

IN the end...the GE is stopped, the Soul Well is patched succesively, Chinaren because of the disasters taken place in the city (and especially my newly cleaned park!) is able to go ahead with his expensive reconstruction plans to gain...yes that's right more Fables, Lordy (apparently 'good') now puts his plans to take over on Ice for Next time, and everyone is returned to what passes for the state of normal for If.

Unless of course anyone else has any ideas?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: