Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Polling Chp12

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Topics: 58

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Polling Chp12 Reply with quote

Synopsis: Following an uneasy truce within the group, the journey continues past the humid forest of the Mainland, where Aanira's unease results in special considerations...

** Chakra has decided to split the group before meeting the people of the tree village, and further explores her Light magic. Disturbed by her explorations, she awakes in the night to a cry for help from someone unknown... **

What action does Chakra take?

1. Insist on waking the others before going to investigate 0
2. Allow the others to sleep while going to investigate 6
3. Suspect Holden may be tricking you, and attempt to determine if what you hear is genuine 3
4. Wake one other to see if they hear the voice as well 0

Last edited by ethereal_fauna on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:29 am; edited 8 times in total
Chainfire

Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say her and Holden go on alone, it might prove dangerous and would be very exciting, and she should stop playing Holden it's mean and could prove to be a fatal mistake later.
Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite a shudder of revulsion at feelings I didn't even recognise going through me, I felt suddenly closer to Holden than I had over the last few days. What he'd done to me had left invisible scars that might never leave, but for now he seems genuine in his concern. Something needed help, and together they would be more able to do so without trouble. Without thinking a tiny thought of 'let them sleep' driften down our mental link, barely audible. Holden reacted as if I'd shouted, but quickly masked it and nodded his agreement. Side by side we headed out into the night.

Excellent chapter Fauna, I love the light magic exploration. You make the magic very enticing - this practice should definately continue. The buffeting in Holdens thoughts was excellent as well.

Happy Writing. Very Happy
Araex

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely chapter - i likethe light magic stuff. she should go investigate with holden.

i don't understand this bit though: "I slipped silently into the grove of trees to practice my Light magic, far enough from the others that I might not be discovered. Juicy rotting pulp squished between my toes as I made my way through the squat, gnarled arbor, intensifying the heady scent of fruit hanging thickly in the darkening atmosphere. I focused the negative energies of my black magic, marveling again at the soft glow that such dark power emitted. The power danced about my hands as I searched for a suitable target."

what black magic? she went to practise light!
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light magic draws upon negative energies, rather than positive energies. Although Light 'glows' it is really a black magic. It is a purely damaging force.
Chainfire

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm how do we know that Holden isn't sending those images and sounds through the link to lure Chakra away and get her alone or maybe that is how Holden sees those things maybe he can see their pain. or maybe those trees she attacked are part of the tree people society.
The Powers That Be
Respected Citizen

Topics: 16

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Chp12 Group Divided Reply with quote

Chakra wrote:
“Should we wake our companions first?” I sent into our thoughts.

Even as I posed the question, I knew that my answer would be the same as Holden's: no.

It wasn't safe, and it wasn't wise, but all I wanted was an excuse to use the Light magic again, to get that feeling again. The others wouldn't understand, but Holden did...
kenshin himura
Citizen

Topics: 1

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm no! this might turn up to be nothing at all so dont even bother them
Kunjiro Sama

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting chapter Fauna; the part where chakra heard voices from the trees shows that even plants have souls. The idea that the tree could be what you call the people of the tree village.

I prefer that chakra goes alone with Holden, even though it may not be a good idea, it saves the hassle, plus the person or thing they are going to investigate may be dead or gone by then.

A very impressive chapter, and a very good selection for people to go in and visit the village.
ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created the poll for this chapter. If anyone has another idea that may be better than the options presented, please feel free to post it. And of course don't be shy about discussing what's happening or how you think the next chapter should play! Smile

I'm open to ideas about what they find in the grove of trees, who is calling for help, etc. And soon we'll be entering the tree village. I haven't discarded the notion that the tree people may have some connection with the trees that the Diasinians do not. Keep the suggestions coming.

kingcappie

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you try to see if Holden is tricking you some way first before going with him.

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: About the person calling for help Reply with quote

I think that the tree she practiced her magic on had a dryad or something. And now the tree's dryad is asking for help because she feels the pain of the tree. That's just my idea, but it kinda makes sense if you think about it. And Chakra should definitely go alone with Holden, and not wake any of the others. I love this story game, thank you so much for writing it!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> Finite Cosmos - COMPLETE All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: