Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Blood Price - Chapter 26: Taking care of what was left
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

(currently a favorite of 1 user)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

jnmrcs
Builder

Topics: 6

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Chapter 12: Knowing the human clan-Part I: More questions... Reply with quote

Chapter 12: knowing the human clan
Part I: More questions than answers

It was now time to find more information about Kort. Moswen and Leban decided to try asking the people who worked with them at night, and to do that they would have to mix with them. But in the day, at the base building where they could rest when they finished the vigilance, they were trying to make some friends or at least to get to know a little more about the humans. From time to time they played and drank with them.

One evening before they went to the accustomed vigilance they decided to split with others partners.

“So, do you work as a vigilant at night?” Moswen asked being friendly to one of the humans.
“No one like this job,” answered one of the other men there.

They were all wearing obscure clothes that matched very well with their opaque faces. The clothes were torn and stained from the ones who used them before. It was like a vigilant uniform but they made it appear more like a funeral uniform. Nobody was happy to do this work and some of them were apparently forced into doing it.

“We just have to do it…” said one of the men while putting on his boots.
“This is something that has to be done,” said another while wearing some gloves.
“All of you have a uniform,” said Moswen pretending to complain.
“You have to wait until someone dies then you will have a uniform too,” said the leader looking at the ground.

“I haven’t seen any vampire so far. Did you really think they exist?” asked Leban.
“We know they exist, that’s why we are here,” said the leader looking back at him.
“Why are you two here?” asked one of the men standing up.
“We were persecuted by some strange creature that we thought it was what you call vampire,” answered Moswen as fast as he could to avoid letting Leban answer.
“You don’t believe in vampires?” asked one of the men.
“I have seen them. I even was attacked by them…” said one man almost yelling.

“I’m just saying that maybe they aren’t against us. I haven’t seen one in so much time…” said Leban
“That doesn’t mean anything. We are preparing to fight them” interrupted the leader.
“Maybe you, but not them…” said Moswen pointing to the vigilantes.

There was a deep silence for a moment. Everyone was looking at each other more scared than before. “What are you saying?” said one of the men, maybe the older of the vigilantes, breaking the silence.
“You are wasting our time,” said the leader as if waking up. “These creatures are like animals, they don’t think…” concluded the leader while going out of the building.
“Maybe but then… why are you studying it?” said Moswen very slowly just to be sure that everyone understood what he said.

“They got the power, that’s why… right leader?” said one of them sounding more as if he was confused than sure of his own words.
“We don’t know for sure. Some people arrived almost two years ago saying that they will help us. They are the ones who are studying them not we. We are just trying to hunt them and kill them all. If you’ve got questions they’ve got the answers,” concluded the leader with a strong voice.

That night Moswen and Leban had more questions than answers even when they knew more about vampires that the humans. “Who were studying the vampires? What solution they were supposed to have? What information did they have? Are they two groups or just one group that divide forces? Are these “two groups” thinking of killing all the vampires? If they hate this task so much why they are doing it? Which group was the leader?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At night Moswen and Leban were just going through minor maneuvers. As they failed to change partners they were still together. They were trying to do something at nights so they weren’t bored. Also they needed to do something to keep their minds occupied because they hadn’t eaten some “real food” as Leban called it, human blood, for some time. Even worse they hadn’t eaten any kind of blood and their bodies were being debilitated because of that.

One night, while they were resting against a tree, they felt it. It was like a call from nature that resonated in their stomachs. That sweet smell that made their mouths water. They smelled blood in the woods. Even more, they were so hungry that they could hear it abandoning the human body to fall on the ground.

They just had a second to look at each other in astonishment at the smell; in the next second they were running toward that aroma, like starving hunters. They didn’t say a word; they just ran for it until they arrived. Immediately they hid to see what was going on.

They saw an almost dead man on the ground and two wounded men trying to defend themselves from something. The two men were protecting the one on the ground. Suddenly a shadow appeared falling from one tree. The shadow was in front of the men with his back toward Moswen and Leban.

Moswen and Leban could see the fear in the eyes of the men. A vampire was attacking them. They didn’t recognize the men but they knew that there was no village near, so they had to be with the same humans that they were.

Leban touched Moswen while pointing to the woods. Some seconds later, Moswen saw some man there. “Were they hiding to attack the vampire? Or were they hiding to avoid the vampire?” Something was for sure; they were part of the vigilantes.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what now? What to do now?

Discussion until Thursday because this is the first part of the chapter. Enjoy !
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 'wait and see', personally. They want to feed, that much is obvious. Their best chance, without blowing their cover, is to see which way the battle is going to turn, and join the side that's most likely to get them some food without getting caught.

If the vampire wins against the three out in the open, then it may well have to face those in hiding before it can feed. If it seems to be winning against them as well, then you can join in and help out, sharing the spoils with it afterwards.

If it begins to lose against those in hiding (presuming it comes to a fight and they don't just run at that point), then join in with the hunters, try to get the vampire captured and offer to bring back the bodies while they take the vampire back to camp. You can have a meal of them on the way, put it down to damage done by the original vampire.

Just wait and see, turn the situation to whatever advantage you can, basically Smile
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea !

The poll will be up tomorrow, just if there are more than one opinion...
bluezaphire

Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...let’s see...while the vampires kill all the men, they can look around to make sure there are no more vigilantes out there. As soon as they are all killed they can fight and kill the vampires (bury or burn the vampires) eat their food and then go and pretend nothing happened until someone else finds their bodies. Don't bring back the dead vampires because I think it's not a good idea to give the humans something they can study. You want them to know as little as possible about your kind.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll is up. You have until Saturday morning. Vote !
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll ended. I hope to have the next chapter on Monday.

What now?

'wait and see'and join the side that's most likely to get food and retieve vampire alive (if that comes) 66% [2]
fight and kill the vampires bury or burn them and eat their food and then go and pretend nothing happened 33% [1]
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Chapter 12: knowing the human clan - Part II: A new mystery Reply with quote

Chapter 12: knowing the human clan
Part II: A new mystery

After some time looking at the vigilantes Moswen said, “Let’s wait and see what happen here”. Leban just nodded without saying a word. After a moment the vigilantes disappeared or at least they couldn’t be seen.

The vampire continued with his hunting. He looked as hungry as Leban and Moswen. His clothes were marked by a lot of fights but his face only showed that he was really desperate for food. Maybe because of that he couldn’t sense that there were others nearby.

The two men that were defending the dying one were positioned between the vampire and the man. They didn’t seem as they could fight against a human much less against a vampire. But even with that they were trying to help him.

They were paralyzed, the vampire in front of the two humans. Suddenly the vampire attacked them. He ran toward them but before being in range he jumped backward leaving the humans attacking the air. With that the vampire took them by surprise hitting them, both. Immediately he took the nearly one and started to feed on him.

The vampire bit him on the neck while the man yelled for help.
“All that blood…” thought Moswen while seeing all the blood that was spilled.
“Can you believe this?” asked Leban very anxious.
“Take it easy Leban, we will have our dinner soon…” said Moswen trying to contain himself.

Meanwhile the other man attacked the vampire. The vampire was so concentrated on taking his food that apparently he forgot the other human. The man hit the vampire with something on the head hard enough to make him loosen his grip on the food. In the vampire’s face you could see how mad he was about that.

But instead on attacking them it was like he was trying to enjoy the moment, it was that or he was thinking of something happy. When he gave his first step something came from upside. It hit him so hard that it made him fall almost buried in the ground.

The new person was wearing all of black, even on its face. Its clothes had no holes except those necessary to see and breath. It was using gloves, boots and a mask, everything of black.

It walked toward the vampire who was fighting to get out of the ground. It just used its bare hands to kill the vampire. It put its hands on each side of the vampire’s head and with a sudden and hard movement turned the vampire’s head to break it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Did you see that?” asked Leban.
“It looks like we have a real hunter there,” answered Moswen without losing sight of it.
“He is with the humans. A vampire is with the humans,” said Leban more surprised than angry.
“A vampire?” asked Moswen with doubt.
“How can you explain what he did it?” asked Leban still surprised.
“I don’t know…” answered Moswen worried about what they could have to face.
“I think that I know how they find information about us. With one of us…” said Leban.

A moment later the vigilantes that were hiding arrived. They weren’t alone, with them arrived more people. The vampire’s assassin stood up and started to walk. The men were as surprised as Moswen and Leban.

Moments later there were just Moswen, Leban and two human bodies. When Leban was sure that no one else was there without any hesitation he ran toward one of the man and started to feed. Moswen more worried went walking but also to feed. After they were really satisfied they decided to take some of the clothes of the dead, especially Moswen who took a pair of gloves. Moments later they were returning to the village.

Before they arrived, when they were where they were supposed to be, someone was waiting them there. The night vigilantes leader was there. His face showed that he was mad at them for some reason, in addition to the obvious one.

“Where you were?” asked a very angry man.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What should Moswen say or do?

The discussion will be until thursday.
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You heard screams. You ran off to see what you could find. The woods were deceptive and you couldn't locate the sounds of the fight in time. By the time you got there, there was nothing left but some mutilated corpses. You don't know what happened.

You got back as soon as you could. Sorry. Very Happy
bluezaphire

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say something silly like you had to pee. Why both of them had to go? Because one has to watch out the vampires don’t take by surprise the one that’s peeing. Razz
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll will be up until saturday
Shogun
Respected Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heard screams part not might work since they would question you about it. The pee one...is a bit off but it most likely will work.
I've got no right to way, I'm just caught up all the battles

jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll ended. I hope to have the next chapter on monday.

What to answer
heard screams and went to check it 0% [0]
had to pee 100% [2]
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! Missed the vote!
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Chapter 13: Fixing Thoughts Reply with quote

Chapter 13: Fixing Thoughts

Moswen was in shock because no one had supervised them before. They hadn’t seen a leader on all their vigilante nights, even when they were out of the area almost all the time. This took him off guard so he couldn’t respond fast enough.

“We were peeing…” answered Leban after realizing that Moswen was in shock. “Why?” asked Leban.
“Because you weren’t at your post for a long time,” answered the man.
“Yeah, you know. We held as much as we could; but when you have to go, you have to go…” said Leban with a smile on his face.
“And you two had to go at the same time?” asked the man, very curious.
“Not really” answered Moswen, more calm now. “But I don’t think it’s a good idea to be out there alone”.
“I suppose you are right,” said the man.

“Sir…” they heard someone yelling.
The man turned to where the sound was coming from, “tell me…” he said.
“We need you at the village, now” said the voice almost ordering it.
“I’m coming,” said the man.
But before he started to walk he turned to Leban and Moswen. “I will be watching you two,” he said very seriously. Immediately he turned again and started to run toward the village.

“We have to go to pee?” asked Moswen a moment after the man had left them.
“That was the best thing you could think?” asked Moswen very worried.
“At least I gave them an answer…” answered Leban obviously feeling himself a genius.

“Let’s hope that he believed it. Anyway, we have better things to think about. Let’s see, we arrived here following a vampire. A few days after, we discover that they know a lot about vampires and now that. A vampire with them…”
“Are you sure it was a vampire?” interrupted Leban.
“You saw it. Explain it…” answered Moswen.
“I have nothing to say…” said Leban very worried.
“Also that could explain how they know about us. They have a vampire with them. We have to give this report to Zandus and be more careful now,” said Moswen.
“At least you found some gloves to use. But you think that the vampire they have is one of our vampires?” asked Leban.
“Who knows? We need to find who he is and how he is connected with Kort,” said Moswen.
“But then, should we trust Zandus’ vampires? And what are you going to tell Zandus?” asked Leban.

Meanwhile, the man was arriving at the village to see what was so important. When he arrived there were a lot of people surrounding something. As he approached at the group he saw some men very scared and with blood on their clothes.

“They found some bodies,” someone said to the leader.
“The council is waiting for you,” said a man pointing to a building that was very well secured.

He walked toward the building. When he arrived the two guards that were on the door moved so he could enter the building. As he passed they returned to their positions.

“I’m not sure what to do now but something is certain, we have to be very careful with the humans and Zandus clan too. I will have to think about what to do now” said Moswen in low voice.
“Don’t worry we will discover everything we need” said Leban in a better mood than Moswen.

“Should I talk to Zandus? Is he hiding something from me? Who was that vampire? If it was a vampire. But then, if it wasn’t a vampire what it was?” a lot of thoughts were on the mind of Moswen. This could take more than a night to solve.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion until Monday.

Yep chinaren, we miss you...
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry I missed the vote last time too. I think it was something to do with you putting up a post to say 'the poll is up', when it still wasn't. I meant to come back to it, but forgot.

Maybe if you put the post up after you've set the poll? Saves people with no memory, like me, forgetting to vote Very Happy

Anyway, what to do now? I think it's definitely time for Moswen to go and see the leader of the village. He already knows they have a vampire working for them now (or suspects, at least). He should demand to know what's going on, reveal himself to be a vampire and say that he wants to exchange knowledge with the leader. Tell him about your vendetta with Kort, your desire to see him dead.

Zandus has never harmed you, but he's never really done much for you one way or another. He chose not to be a part of this, that's his decision. However, circumstances have changed and you desperately need to know what's going on. If that means revealing a little about yourself as well, then so be it. Once you have full information, then it might be time to go back to Zandus, not now when all you have is pointless suspicions and accusations.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be best if they found out what the Council was up to. Maybe a quick spying mission first? Mmm, more information says I.
bluezaphire

Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before talking to Zandus they need to know why this guy was called out so they might need to do a little bit of spying but I don't think they should reveal who they are for now.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so far we got:

Moswen go and see the leader of the village. He already knows they have a vampire working for them now (or suspects, at least). He should demand to know what's going on, reveal himself to be a vampire and say that he wants to exchange knowledge with the leader. Tell him about your vendetta with Kort, your desire to see him dead. Once you have full information, then it might be time to go back to Zandus, not now when all you have is pointless suspicions and accusations.

It could be best if they found out what the Council was up to.

You got until tomorrow... thanks for your ideas.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll will be up until Friday. Let's vote...
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the poll is closed...

What should Moswen do now?
Moswen go and see the leader of the village. 33% [1]
They should found out what the Council was up to. 66% [2]

I hope to have the next chapter on Monday.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Chapter 14: More information or more confusion Reply with quote

Chapter 14: More information or more confusion

Moswen took a decision, they needed more information and not from the vigilantes. “It would be better if we got information from the leaders,” Moswen said to Leban while looking at the vigilantes’ leader entering the building.
“Did you think that they will tell us anything?” asked Leban worried about Moswen’s idea.
“They have a reunion right now. They wouldn’t give information to me but between themselves is different…” answered Moswen

They waited some time and then they approached the building. While Moswen looked around the building to find a window or a spot to enter the building, Leban was talking to the guards outside the door trying to obtain a spoiler of the reunion.

“Hey guys,” said Leban to the guards.
“We are on duty,” answered one of them very seriously.
“I was just passing through,” said Leban trying to be friendly.
“Leban? I thought you were on night vigilant,” said the other guard.
“Hey. It has been a long time since we last played and yes I’m still on the night watch. But right now it appears that something important has occurred and they called us back,” answered Leban.
“Did you know him?” asked one of the guards to the other.
“Of course, I have almost all his money,” answered the guard.
“Gamblers,” muttered the guard.

“Do you know what happened?” asked Leban.
“Why are you so interested?” asked the unknown guard.
“C’mon we are too,” said the other guard. “We don’t know what is happening here but it appears that the vampires have located us. Or at least that is what I heard before they called me to do guard duty here,” said the guard with a low voice.
“Yeah you know them…” said the other guard.
“Them? Who are they?” asked Leban
“What? You know, them!” said the guard with emphasis on the word them.
“He is new here so maybe he hasn’t heard,” said the guard. “The ones who started the investigation on vampires,” he concluded.
“Well I will continue my way. Good luck,” said Leban starting to walk.

Meanwhile, Moswen couldn’t find a “normal” way to enter the building. But he found an open spot very high reachable by a human but not by a vampire. It looked as if it was a hole in the building. Then he hid until Leban arrived.

Immediately Leban gave Moswen the information he had found. “We have to find out if it’s true. We could use it to our advantage,” said Moswen pointing to the open spot.

The building had some five floors and like the others it looked very damaged as if a war had occurred there. The open spot was on the fifth floor on one of the building’s sides.

They jumped to the open spot on the building and very silently entered. The building appeared to be empty but they saw the vigilantes’ leader entering it. So they started to check every room by putting their ears against the doors. They checked the entire fifth floor and then continued to the next one.

When they reached the fourth floor they could hear that somebody was on the third floor. So they skipped the fourth floor and started on the third one. They could distinguish four voices in the room even when they weren’t near it.

They decided to split to be on guard just in case if someone appeared – but both of them were hearing the conversation in the room. Moswen hid two rooms behind the reunion room while Leban was near the only stairs that the building had.

“But we have to give the alert,” said a.
“We are doing was is right,” interrupted b.
“Correct for who?” asked an angry a.
“For everyone,” answered c.
“For win the war,” said d very softly.
“This could take more casualties and they will be on you,” said a, worried.
“That is a risk we will have to take,” said b.
“This is for the good of humanity,” said c. “You have to understand that we have to make some sacrifices to protect the race.”
“So you are saying that we have to die just because you think that it’s the best?” asked a
“What we are saying is that we have to do what is correct for humanity and not only for us,” said c.
“C’mon take it easy,” said d.
“Easy? You are asking me to take that kind of risk and take it easy? What about if the people here discover it?” asked a furious a.
“If that happened then we would think what to do but until that we are going to hide it,” said c.

Leban couldn’t tell who they were but by the tone of their voices they were discussing something more important than they thought. Leban heard some noise from the second floor. He immediately looked down by the stairs but no one was coming. Then he heard that noise again but this time it was coming from outside. So he tried to find a window to look outside. He entered the first room he saw and then looked by the window. Now his concentration was focused on knowing what was going on outside.

After a deep silence in the room the discussion started again.

“So, what about the bodies?” asked a.
“I will take care of that,” answered c.
“I want to know what are you doing with it,” said a.
“We are going to study it,” said b.
“Aren’t you tired of your stupid investigations? You have found nothing…” said a.
“We are doing our job and we hope you do yours…” interrupted b.

Leban was just looking out through the window. He saw more then eight people going outside the building. They were all talking at the same time and because of that he could recognize none of them. “The vigilantes’ leader is going out. Then we weren’t hearing his reunion? What reunion is this then?” thought Leban.

Now Leban was worried about what really was going on with the humans. But before he could do anything he heard some steps that apparently were coming from the stairs. He tried to close the door but it was too late. Someone was already in front of it starting to look inside. Leban didn’t have time to think so he just jumped through the window. While he was falling he could hear someone yelling “take him, it’s a spy…”

Moswen heard the yell too. He also heard some footsteps running. Suddenly someone opened the door of the reunion room.

“Someone was in the other room. We are going to try to find him,” said the new voice.
“Has the reunion concluded?” asked a.
“Yes sir,” said the new voice.
“Then go,” said a.

After that order Moswen heard the door closing and some steps exiting.

“So, we are good enough to discover it…”said a.
“We have to take this easy. Don’t talk to anyone,” said b.
“But now the soldiers know about it,” said a.
“Just do as we ordered to you. About the spy they don’t know that he is a vampire. Tell them that he is just a mere human that could be working for the vampires…” said c.
“But if they…” interrupted an anxious a.
“Just do as we ordered you,” interrupted c, very firmly. “Tell them that he is a human that we need to capture alive to interrogate. That’s all, you can go now…” said c.

Moswen heard the door being opened and closed again.

“What we are going to do?” said b.
“If they know that we are here they could attack us. So we just have to be prepared,” said c.
“What are you going to do with the bodies?” said d.
“Just burn them. We have all the information we need,” said c.
“Ok, I will do it now,” said d.

After that Moswen heard the door being opened and heard some steps too. As if two of them were going out. He was waiting for the third one to go out of the room but instead of that he heard him talking.

“You have to take care of the vampires. Don’t let them know who you are, just find them and kill them…” said c.

Then Moswen heard some steps as if there were two persons and no just one. One set of steps were going out of the room but the other was going to the other side. After some moments he didn’t hear any more steps. Moswen moved to the window and looked outside but he was too late to see a face. He could just make out a shadow moving through the forest.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What now? Should Moswen find Kort to give him the information he find out? Will the humans capture Leban? Should Moswen help Leban? What now?

Don't lose the next chapter... discusion until Thursday.
ENJOY !
bluezaphire

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that he should try to follow the guy that last exit the mysterious reunion but I think he is long gone by now, so...he should help Leban to get out of trouble, try to find out more about the men that where in the reunion and then go tell to Zandus that something fishy is going on and that they might be in more trouble than they think so they could be prepared in case something goes on.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one option so far. So I don't think we need any poll to take a desision. In any way I will wait until Monday to take the desision.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find Kort says I, discuss what to do.

Last edited by Chinaren on Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
bluezaphire

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chinaren wrote:
Find Kort says I, discuss what to do, maybe try and get his help.

Did you really mean Kort or you meant Zandus help?
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll is up. It will be until Friday.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the poll is closed.

Follow the guy that last exit the reunion and help Leban.

I hope to have the next chapter for Monday.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Chapter 15: The village under attack Reply with quote

Chapter 15: The village under attack

“What should I do now?” thought Moswen worried. “Let’s find Leban and then think about what to do”.

Moswen looked through the window, searching for traces of where the silent one had gone, and where Leban could be. He waited a little moment, just to be sure that the silent one wasn’t there. Then he jumped through the window.

He immediately hid in the forest trying to make the least sound possible treading slowly and silently. He was concentrating hard on the forest sounds when he heard some heavy footsteps. Moswen jumped to a tree and started to move toward the sound by the trees. While he was approaching the footsteps he started to hear some murmuring. Whoever it was apparently was without any fear, making a big noise in the forest.

When Moswen found it, it was muttering under its breath, and walking reluctantly, as if it were fighting with itself. As Moswen started to descend from the tree it stopped. It apparently heard the sound of Moswen’s movement and was trying to identify the sound. Moswen stopped as soon as he noticed that it appeared to be thinking. Immediately without losing any time Moswen moved to the ground and hid again.

It was still looking around trying to find what that was.
“Now I’m hearing things,” it said. “Why always me? I’m supposed to be superhuman and not a freaking looser…”

Moswen recognized that voice, it was Leban. “You are making so much noise for nothing,” interrupted Moswen.
Immediately Leban looked at him. “Hey, I thought you were lost…” said Leban with a timid smile on his face.
“You are the one who had to get out running,” said Moswen accusing at Leban.
“Yeah, whatever…” said Leban sitting on the ground.
“Did you see something heading this way?” asked Moswen.
“Yeah, like three or four men. They were behind me, why?” asked Leban
“Oh, no. After you got out of the building someone jumped through the window. I was following him and trying to find you,” said Moswen.

“I didn’t see anything but I heard something. As I was trying to hide I didn’t follow it. Do you think we try to follow it?” asked Leban.
“We should but not now. We need to know who it was,” answered Moswen.
“Then tomorrow night we can try to find it or at least to find more information,” said Leban.
“Yeah, but we have to return now, it will be dawn soon,” said Moswen.

Moswen decided to return to the village. In the days that followed, they tried to find some information on who attended the reunion. As the reunion itself had been a secret one no one could help them. But at least they could find some information on the other reunion.

Apparently they were worried because the vampires were attacking them. They thought that the vampires had found the village and if that were true then they were in danger. But as they didn’t know much about vampires compared to the “investigators” that were with them they need their help. Because of that the leaders of the village opted to hold a reunion that appeared pointless to the others in the village.

The “investigators” were doing nothing except that, investigate. Some people started to think that they weren’t there to help the village; that they were taking advantage of the village for some secret purpose.

“What?” yelled Moswen more surprised than worried, when a strong noise woke him up.

It wasn’t night yet. Moswen could see the sun entering by one of the windows where he was. He heard the sound again but this time it was accompanied by the yelling of people. It was like some kind of attack from the building, against the village.

Moswen awaked Leban while others night vigilantes were woken up by the loud noise or the yelling of the terrified people.
“What it is?” asked Leban almost furious.
“Something it’s happening outside,” answered Moswen.
“And?” asked Leban.
“We need to be prepared for whatever is there,” answered Moswen.

“Take all the weapons and be prepared,” murmured someone while giving knives, swords and stakes to the ones who were there. Moswen and Leban looked at each other and with a body gesture of indifference they took one knife each.

Suddenly someone entered the building crushing the door. He entered running and didn’t stop until arrived at the other side of the room. “They are here…” he yelled.

He had some blood on his shirt and on his hands. He was trembling from fear, almost unable to hold his sword. With his eyes opened very wide he continued looking at the door.

“Who is here?” asked the one who was giving the weapons out.
“The vampires are here. They found us and attacked us. They are in the village…” concluded the man.

“Something is wrong here. Are the vampires attacking without waiting until the sun had gone down? Or is it some other force? Why would the vampires attack the village? Even worse, what am I going to do now?” thought Moswen.

“Let’s get ready. On my order everyone will go to attack them…” one of the leaders interrupted Moswen’s thoughts.

Immediately Leban looked at Moswen evidently waiting for an order from him.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the chapter is up. You haveuntil Monday to give your ideas.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, doesn't seem likely this other lot are vamires.

Still, I say go along with the defense, and if it looks bad, slip away in the confusion.

Those who run away, live to run away another day. Wink
bluezaphire

Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....Moswen and Leban definitely can not go outside so they will have to wait until they are attacked inside were they are and hide away in the confusion so no one notice that they didn't went outside.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go along with the humans for now at least, but be prepared to slip away if necessary. Remember to stay out of sunlight as well.

If it turns out that this is some new breed of vampire or something, then it could be wise to side with them, and find out what you can discover.

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. You two appear to be in the same opinion. So (as I'm late) I will try to get up the next chapter as soon as I can.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Chapter 16: Vampires with humans. Reply with quote

Chapter 16: Vampires with humans.

Leban's gaze was still locked on Moswen, who was lost in thought. Suddenly someone closed the door very hard, jolting him out of his reverie.

“I got a better idea…” interrupted Moswen.
“What is it?” asked the leader taking more weapons.
“We should wait for them here” answered Moswen.
“To defend a building?” asked one of the humans
“To protect ourselves” answered other.
“Just fight and don’t die” said the leader while hiding on the back of the room.

All of them were still, just waiting for the enemy. They could hear the sound of the war that was going outside. But they were still. Suddenly the door broke, terrifying everyone. A shadow entered.

A tall man with dark clothes who had his head covered with a hood was entering. He entered walking slowly. Inside, everything was still - so still that the others attackers outside could hear the steps from the one who was in. then he took out his hood showing dark eyes and a mad face painted.

“I’m a vampire and nothing that you could do could kill me” he said.

The fear took almost everyone on the room, except for the other vampires. Leban gave a peek to Moswen but before Moswen could say anything Leban jumped. The only enemy that was on the room was very surprised. He couldn’t move until Leban arrived but it was late. Leban stuck the knife in the heart of the supposedly immortal vampire, literally.

The enemy just fell to the ground like a mere death. That awaked everyone on the room but they were still immobile. Outside, the enemy, was like inside; immobile. Then a command broke the silent.

“Attack them…” yelled Moswen while running to attack them.

The fight continued outside the building while Leban and Moswen helped to get the enemy out of it. They told the humans that they would stay in the building to be sure that no vampire would try to use it to hide. When the humans went outside they just tried to figure out what was going here.

They went to the place where the first one who entered lay. He was there with Leban’s knife in his heart. The body was on a lake of blood.

“A vampire with blood…” said Moswen worried.
“Nice. Don’t you think” said Leban.
“Stupid, no vampire has blood inside. This wasn’t a vampire” said Moswen annoyed because he have to give that explanation.
“Then it was just a mere human?” asked Leban.
“Yeah. A human who served a vampire” answered Moswen.
“Or just a human who wanted to make a bad joke. Could they be the investigators who were supposed to help the humans?” asked Leban.

Moswen couldn’t answer it. There was no proof about their ideas.

The fight continued well into the night. Moswen and Leban were waiting near a window to watch what was going on outside. The fight continued but this time the humans weren’t as scared as they were at the beginning. While waiting they saw some strangers arriving with a cart covered by a dark blanket. The cart was arriving with the night.

When Moswen and Leban could went out of the building the cart was there waiting them. But before they could arrive at the fight, it had changed status. Three people jumped from the car and started to fight. They were real vampires.

While the real vampires were fighting the humans Leban and Moswen were fighting the fake vampires. In some minutes they five had killed almost everyone. Suddenly each team got separated in front of their respectively enemy.

“So that’s it?” asked one of the real vampires.

In the vampire side were just three vampires while the human side was just four persons, including Moswen and Leban.

“Who are you?” asked one of the humans.
“We work for Kort and he just wanted to salute you…” answered one of the vampires.
When the vampire finished the sentence all the vampires started to laugh.

“You got some vampires in your group. We just wanted them but as you protected them we have to kill you all. Where are the rest of you?” asked one of the vampires.
“We don’t have any vampires on our side…” answered one of the humans.
“So you didn’t know it? You have some vampires in your group. We were hunting them and they led us to you. We just wanted them…” said one of the vampires.
jnmrcs
Builder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chapter is up. You have until Monday to give your ideas. What should Moswen do now? Should he said he is a vampire or should he continue as a human?
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it wouldn't take much to test him and catch him out. Best try and play on the fact that he has helped defend them.

Unless, he suddenly decides to change sides suddenly of course. Shocked
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: