Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Journey to the center of IF- Chapter 15 - The Eye has it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Topics: 7

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.

Laughing

I dont think we should go any further......it will never end and all we'll say is yes, no, yes, no...

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Topics: 46

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, then, to please you all and myself at the same time...I present chapter ten!

Chapter ten - Raining robots

Slowly, I came to. I could not remember anything that happened after we entered the chamber of pain. Only brief, futile glimpses of what had happened surfaced, only to vanish twice as quickly as they appeared.
I opened my eyes, finding my body intact, along with Sorrow's and Storm's. The Robot was some distance away, eyeing us all. Then it spoke.
"HELLO, MASTER."
I groaned. The sound was a little too much, too quickly. I forced myself up into a sitting posistion, rubbing sleep out of my eyes*. "Robot, how far are we from the chamber of pain?"
The Robot's gears whirred. "ESTIMATED DISTANCE: FIFTY FEET BEYOND CHAMBER."
So we had been dragged here, but to what purpose? I forced myself up all the way into a normal stance, and had to lean against the cave wall. I was still dizzy, and my body was not used to standing upright just yet. Then I noticed the sign, and all signs of weariness vanished**.
It was old, that much I could tell by the fact that actual wood was used and not Idearium wood. The writing was in the Third age of IF***, and I could read it, although brokenly. Something about the path on the left being quick and painful. Immediatly, my mind shied away from that concept of pain. The path on the right was said to be slow and gentle, and I would greatly want that after what I had just been through.
From behind me came two low other groans, and I could tell that Sorrow and Storm were awake. I turned to find them slowly waking up as well as they could. They noticed I was already awake and had made some discovery by the expression on my face.
"What've you found?" Sorrow asked in a grumpy tone of voice.
"A sign," I said, and suddenly they were alert and eager to see this sign.
They, of course, couldn't read it, but I translated as best as I could. Storm was all for going the slow and gentle path, while Sorrow wanted to get this trip over with. This would not end well, as splitting up would only have dire ramnifications later. I did the one thing that came to mind. "Robot, go down the left pathway."
The Robot moved to obey. Suddenly, not ten feet from us down the left path, it vanished. There was no sound of anything; not of it vanishing, nor of it impacting anything. Only a hole was left to suggest what happened to the Robot.
I turned to Sorrow. "Still want to go down the left path?"
He gulped and shook his head.
We went right.

What we encountered blew my mind away.
There was a city, an old, ancient city, taking up the cavern. It appeared to be part of the cavern itself, as though the whole thing was just carved out of one huge stalagmite. There were old mines set into the far wall, and huge buildings I could only assume were for processing what they mined.
We approached, slowly and carefully. It wasn't really needed, the city was deserted. Sorrow insisted on doing some sort of combat rolls anyway****. As we neared one of the huge buildings, I felt a twinge of recognition within me. We slowly entered the building, and were confronted by a huge, ancient machine. The twinge increased, until finally I recognized it.
"Idearium," I whispered. Sorrow and Storm looked at me oddly.
"This whole place was built to mine Idearium, I feel it in my bones. Some iron, yes, and they probably had water and food, but this town was built for a reason, and had something to do with Idearium..."
My mind trailed off. In the Great War Between the Worlds, the IFians had triumphed, but only just. The legends say they used a weapon that was so devestating to the enemy that all the Normals had to leave.
Alright, so they built an underground city to mine Idearium - which explains why I never find Idearium when I go too far - but what did they use it for?
Sorrow and Storm were looking around, and they had found a few documents. I read them, barely, but I finally found what I was looking for, an old document with a final date within the Second Age. I read it, and then I looked up, knowing what our objective finally was. I decided to read it out loud, so as to share this moment with Sorrow and Storm.
"We have processed the blue ore into the parts specified on your list. Delivery is to take place in two days, and we will humbly submit to helping you assemble our greatest weapon, the IFINATOR. We will also help you place this within the hollow core of the planet, so as to see that it is done properly, and will sustain us for all time."
I looked up at the faces of my comrads. Storm and Sorrow were in shock that we had finally found out what was in the center of the planet. But then I noticed something. It was an old button on the huge distilling vat. I wondered, out of curiosity, what would happen if I pushed the button. I started to move to it, and common sense started to kick in. What if millenia-old Idearium didn't want to be disturbed? What if there was residual energies from the machine? What if the IFINATOR was some sort of bomb?
I gazed at the button longingly. I so wanted to press it...
Should I?

*To run down the hallway and never be seen for a long time.
**To join the sleep that had just run away.
***The Ages of IF are well documented. The First Age was when human intelligence rose and recognized it's own power over the land and others. The Second Age is dominated mainly by the war 'tween the worlds of Fantasy and Reality. The Third Age is the Golden age immediatly after the war. IF historians now believe that our current age will go down as the Fourth Age, or rather, the Decline.
****They honestly looked more like a practice dance routine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There! I did a chapter in one of my stories so that you wouldn't notice that I hadn't been writing a lot recently!
Now nobody can complain, cause I sent the Robot down one path (Incidently, to it's doom) and we went down the other one! PLUS, we know what is at the center of IF, the IFINATOR!
But what is it? And do I actually push the button?
The question of 'What is the IFINATOR' can be discussed, debated, etc. until I need a definite anwser, at which point I shall put up the most popular options into a poll. The second question, however, needs immediate anwsering.
Suggestions, questions, rejections, objections, acceptions, rebellions, and bribes accepted as always!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

...No plans yet.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press it - press it

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Sorrow_A

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh go ahead...you know you want to.
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, come on, it's a large button! What else can you do but press it?

Wreak that devastation, man! Razz
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press. The. Button!!!!!! Very Happy
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*runs in* sorry if i took so long.

Press it!!!! Its a button. It's what buttons are for. Very Happy

If nobody wanted it to be pressed then they wouldnt have put it there. I dont think the IFians in the olden days were stupid enough to create a button and expect people not to push it. I mean they were clever enough to make a machine this big.

*decides that its best to stop rambling now......*

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to decide what would happen with the button-pushyness. And so, here it is!

Chapter 11 - BUTTONS!

I couldn't resist. I never could resist. I went ahead and pushed the button.

The ancient machinery rumbled into life. The sounds of metal on metal were heard, and Sorrow and Tramp looked at me with my finger still on the button.

"IM..." This was Sorrow. "Just what did you do?"

Truth be known, I didn't exactly know myself. I looked at the machine and I could feel the Idearium within being processed into some form. I knew no more than that. I slowly walked around the mammoth machine until I found the output valve. Within a few minutes, a small form was ejected. It was a curious thing. It resembled nothing and yet something at the same time.

This was a grenade without a pin to pull. Instead, there was something else on top. I began to manipulate it, wanting to see how this could be set off.

The machine was still going, making more grenades.

Storm and Sorrow were arguing over the nuaces as to how the IFINATOR couldn't be a grenade.

I finally moved the protrusion off the grenade, and found a button. Once again, I couldn't resist. I pushed it.

The grenade was now making a whirring noise. I knew that this was bad. I had just one word. "RUNFORYOURLIVES!"

I threw the grenade behind me as I turned to the door and ran. Sorrow and Storm were close behind me, running with equal ferocity.

The grenade had landed in the output bin, and by some strange law of physics, had bounced UP and into the area where the Idearium was converted into highly explosive matter.

The best way to view the resulting explosion is with a long pull-out from in front of the trio. The grenade went off, igniting the explosive Idearium and the grenades at the same time. A mushroom cloud of death expanded outwards, completly blue and white. A shockwave rippled outwards, preceding the cloud in reaching the trio. The shockwave lifted them off their feet and into the small hole on the other side of the cavern that they had been aiming for.

The shockwave caused tremors in the aboveworld, creating a minor earthquake and making Key's mid-afternoon snack spill all over him. This resulted in him raising the taxes on all the citizens of IF by fifteen percent in his anger.

Below, the shockwave caused a huge cave-in, actually caving in the cave and knocking the trio unconious as they hit the far wall. They fell about fifty feet and landed on a pink fluffy matress.

The situation stayed like this for several hours.

Finally, I woke up.

I groaned at finding myself missing a large portion of my life again. Then I felt some strange presence on my mind. I had no clue what it was, but it was there none the less.

I took in my surroundings. It appeared to be a large bedchamber, with huge fluffy pillows and matresses. In the middle sat a plate of sweets. These I set upon very quickly, and half an hour later the plate was still full. So was I.

"I see you are enjoying the delights of the chamber of rest."

The voice was a smooth, silken one, full of lightness and cheer. I immediatly distrusted it, even before I saw who it belonged to. I turned my head slightly and saw a lady in a long flowing gown. She had fair white skin, long raven black hair to set it off, and so many other things about her that could only be the product of magical enhancment.

"Why not rest awhile? You come from a long way away, and you are certainly deserving of some peace."

Again, that strange presence crossed my mind. I knew, right then, that if I were to try and rest here, that I might never wake up again. Yet that presence was bending my will slightly. It seemed...not so bad to take a nap here. I would have to fight it...I would have to give an anwser to that lady...

And here's another one! Boy, I seem to be writing a lot lately. I had most of the explosion plotted, but the Key bit was thought up just ten seconds before it was posted.
So. It's a battle of wills! Who's is stronger? Mine? Or that enhanced woman's? Do I take the option of enchanted sleep? Or do we wake before we die?
Also, you lot need to start thinking on what the IFINATOR is!
Suggestions, questions, rejections, objections, acceptions, rebellions, and bribes accepted as always, but the supply should go up some.

...No plans yet.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my money is on the woman!!! Very Happy
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Takes China's money*
Thanks much for that!
*Wanders off counting the wads of fatbacks*

...No plans yet.
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Master wrote:

I had just one word. "RUNFORYOURLIVES!"

I love that line! Laughing

Anyway, China always goes for the beautiful girls. That's what's got Narg into so much trouble in the past Wink

Me? I say exercise our will. 100 press-ups, quicksmart. Did i just say that? Nonono, I meant 'get out of there before you become that woman's lunch!'
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yey!! Something seems familiar around here....lol.

I agree with what stoat said about the
Quote:
"RUNFORYOURLIVES"
part.lol.

I say get out of there!! But if we do try to get out can we destroy the pinkyness first? Pink is a scary colour *If only i had a pound for every time i said that...lol

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Chinaren - go with the woman and do what she wants

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh! Darn you and your ties!
Ah well. Here's another chapter for you anyways.

Chapter 12 - Now you see her...

"No."

The woman looked slightly shocked. "Whyever not? Why don't you rest awhile?"

"Because I know that I won't wake up! I refuse to sleep forever!"

The lady started twisting and becoming more malformed. The odd presence on my mind lessened. The room started melting around me. Quickly, I ran to wake up my companions. They got up, groggily, and agreed to run as far as they could.

It turned out not to be far. As we went through the opening on the other side, the colors behind us vanished in a pretty explosion. Thankfully, this one was made of light only. It still blinded us and caused us to stumble around a little bit before we sat and waited for the painful after-images to vanish.

After a bit, I got up and began scouting around. There wasn't much in front of us. Then I felt the tingle that signified magic had been used here. I explored the feeling and found it to be a slight illusion, easily broken by going where it was and seeing what it was hiding.

It was an old trolly system. Ancient, rather. This was made out of real wood, metal, and rubber. There was a sign on it saying 'TO THE ASSEMBLY SITE'.

I ran back to bring the others to the trolly. Now we had another group vote before us. Should we take the trolly?

Lame D-point, I know, but I couldn't think of anything else.
It's rather simple. Do we trust an ancient trolly full of who knows what or who to take us to the assembly site?
And while we're at it...the assembly site for what?
You lot still need to tell me what the IFINATOR is!
Suggestions, questions, rejections, objections, acceptions, rebellions, and bribes accepted as always. That is, if there were any, they'd be accepted.

...No plans yet.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well take the trolly.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
tramp in a storm
Honored Citizen

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*I think I've had an idearium overdose lately.

I say leave the trolly!

My friend has a saying: Look Storm! There's your trolly! And you're not on it!

Meaning that I've gone mad/hyper whatever. Now if we get on the trolly and it has our names on it then we will go sane! and we really dont want that hapening.

Also the IFINATOR could be some sort of weapon that was used to get rid of Normal people? maybe separate NF from IF.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the trolly.
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back from the dead! And not as a zombie.

Chapter 13 - Metoriffic

We took the trolly. We almost didn't, because when we got on, we could hear the groaning of wood and metal. This thing was ancient ancient. As soon as we were all on the trolly, it started moving by itself to 'the assembly site'.

It was a long and boring trip. I was bored out of my skull, so I looked around on the trolly. Finding yet another button, I pushed it, not remembering what happened the last time I pushed an old button.

Instantly, a light came on in front of us. We tried to touch it, but it was moving as fast as we were. It expanded into a globe and surrounded us. Odd noises came from somewhere, and the light turned into a pattern. I recognized it after a minute.

This was a movie, here to distract whoever was on the trolly. I was excited and dissapointed at the same time. If the trip was going to be that long...

The movie caught my eye again, this time with a building exploding in a humongus fireball. I sat back and relaxed. This could be fun.

An hour or three later...

A small jolt signified that we had reached the assembly site. The movie faded away, to show us a large tunnel in front of us. The front of the trolly swung open to let us out, and when we got off, it began to go back.

Walking through the tunnel, I felt another odd twinge of recognition. More Idearium, down here? This was becoming rather tedious.

We walked into a large cavern and were astounded. There was a large blue lump of Idearium, glowing softly and slightly pulsating. It had an oozelike quality to it. Noticing the cavern floor was like a bowl, I tried to recall where I had seen this before. Wracking my brain for information, I recalled something... Bowl-like formations... Craters. This thing was a metorite.

We had found somthing most interesting. Idearium did not originate on this planet. It came from space.

However, what drew Sorrow's and Tramp's eyes was a large hole sitting near the metorite. As we got closer to it, I could swear that there was something living in the metor. I could feel it.

Looking back to the hole, I wondered which would be the bigger boon...Going down or going in?

Don't ask me. It just occoured to me to throw in a plot twist.
It came from outer space!
So. Do we go into the metor and explore for signs of life (If we can get in), or do we continue our treck to the center?
F12

...No plans yet.

Last edited by Idea master on Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta check it out man. Just gotta.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's an idiotic idea, it does suit the general mind of the remaining party members.

You have to check it out.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 14 - Door-to-door Aliens

I tried to get the attention of Sorrow and Storm. When that failed, I picked them up and bodily threw them at the metor, making them land near it. "Listen, you two. There's something alive in there, and I'd like to check it out."

After an inital bout of hyperness, we carefully made our way to the Idearium-oozing metor. As we drew nearer, we found a small entryway that didn't have any ooze on it. We carefully entered the metor through this hole, and found that we could stand up and walk about in here. It was rather spacious. It was furnished.

It was a spaceship.

A small blue alien walked up to us, speaking broken Ifish. "Hello, would you like to buy a vaccum cleaner? It is a very good cleaner, can get water, dirt, and pet hair out of carpet."

"Um, no, thanks," said Sorrow in a very confused tone.

"Ah. Well then, I'm afraid I'll have to vaporize you." The alien drew what looked to be a ray gun and pointed it at us. Another voice, sounding much more femine, spoke up.

"Shloop, you know better! Go and stand in the corner!"

"Yes, Gloop." The alien went and looked for the corner in the circular room. While he was thus occupied, a second alien, the owner of the voice, walked up to us. "I'm sorry, our Ifish isn't very good. We've only just gotten Orb-V down here, and he only pays attention during the commericals."

We all looked over to him, and he was now trying to sell a new brand of detergant to a random wall apperatus.

"Ah. Well, I have some questions for you..."

"I know you do. I've been using one of these orb things to keep an eye on you, and I must say, your tale is quite interesting. Here, take this little disk. When you go topside again, you can plug it into any computer and get all the information you need."

I took the CD looking thing and placed it carefully in my robes. "Thank you, but is there any way to get information about what lies deeper in the planet immediatly?"

"Oh! Um. I recall a large amount of metallic plates being brought down to the center a long while back. One of the people bringing them down stumbled in here, ranting about some IFINATOR or some such. There was a power core being brought down as well, and I'm not sure what else. It could be anything."

"Thank you. Well, we must be going."

We turned around, leaving to the sounds of a new cat food being eaten by 'Shloop'. The hole had a coil of rope near it, probably ancient and in need of replacing, but for now it would serve. Carefully tying the rope to the cave wall, we climbed down into deep utter darkness.

We kept going. And going. Finally, below us, we saw a pale blue glow. It got bigger and bigger, as such things tend to. We carefully dropped the last few feet into the biggest cave we ever saw. A booming voice greeted us.

"WELCOME. I AM THE IFINATOR. IT HAS BEEN SOME TIME SINCE I HAD ANY VISITORS."

Slowly, yet as one, we turned and rested our eyes upon the IFINATOR. It was-

And now, the big one! WHAT IS THE IFINATOR?
Any and all ideas are welcome. Come one, come all. The next chapter shall be the last! Or maybe it will be the next to last. It all depends. But this story is ending SOON.
F12

...No plans yet.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A giagantic floating eyeball, with no apparent way of speaking, but communicates telepathically.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sights from beyond the gates of hell has inspired me to put up a POLL for five days. Vote quickly, lest it go to waste.

...No plans yet.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirrah! I have deigned to place my golden coin of voting into thine slot of polling.

No begone with you!
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought the big eyeball would look cool.

Voted, and winning.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn. I only got on it just now and I'm kinda wishing there was an option on the poll for a Giant Normal. they never forgot their defeat at the hands of If and maybe they got here first and put their own creation where the IFINATOR was and, ironically calling it by the same name.

Just a thought.

Tea Cures All.
Idea master
Magus Extraordinaire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well then.

Chapter 15 - The Eye has it!

I couldn't believe my eyes. Hovering in front of me was a large eyeball, with an iris of all the visible spectrum. Then the absurtidy of it sunk in. THIS was the IFINATOR?

"YES, I AM THE IFINATOR."

And now it could read minds.

"NO, I AM NOT READING YOUR MINDS. RATHER, I AM SEEING THEM AS I SEE EVERYTHING."

Wait a second, it could-

And then the absurtidy struck me again. I was having a convesation with an eyeball! An eyeball with no appearnt means of speaking was seeing into my brain and anwsering my questions and doubts before I could voice them.

"YES, I'M VERY GOOD AT THAT."

I started to wish that he (Or she) would let me be and start voicing my questions aloud.

"OH, I SEE. I'M SORRY."

Now my head was really begining to hurt and spin like a top. If only the Robot were here!

"BUT HE IS. SOMETHING FELL ON ME NOT A FEW DAYS AGO. DO YOU RECOGNIZE IT?"

A metallic shape uplifted itself from a pile of junk and sped towards me. As it grew closer, it became more defined and recognized. This was all that remained of the Robot? Maybe we could slavage the memory core, which would make it all worthwhile. Now if I could but have time to talk to my friends...

"THERE IS NO NEED. I CAN SEE ALL AND CAN TALK TO ALL WITHIN MY CHAMBER SIMULTANEOUSLY YET SEPERATLY. AND NOW I LET YOU BE FOR A WHILE TO CONSIDER MY GENEROUS OFFER THAT I WILL BESTOW UPON YOU. TO EACH OF YOU I WILL GRANT A WISH, AFTER WHICH YOU WILL BE RETURNED TO THE SURFACE FROM WHENCE YE CAME. NOW, BEGIN YOUR PONDERING. FOR WHEN YOU ARE READY, BEGIN AUDIO INPUT."

One wish. I could think of several I'd like to wish for...some of which weren't so innocent! Before I could speak, though, Sorrow did.

"I can think of one thing I'd like to have."

The eye swivled over and looked pointedly at Sorrow. "YES?"

"I would like the people of IF to no longer think of me as an entity of sorrow, pain, death, or the like, even though my name is Sorrow. I'd like for people to no longer treat me as an entity of purest evil!"

"VERY WELL, YOUR WISH IS GRANTED."

I looked back at Sorrow, and suddenly, my perception of him was wisked away. I wasn't sure what it was that caused it, but I could tell that I'd need to revaluate my perception of him. With a small poof, he vanished in a puff of smoke.

"And there's something that I'd like to happen."

The eye turned and looked at Storm next. "WHAT IS IT?"

"I'd like all those half-alive characters, the forgotten stories, all the poor victims of IF that we created and left to wither, well, I'd like them to get their wishes of being remembered."

"AN INTERESTING WISH, TO BE SURE. VERY WELL, IT IS GRANTED."

There was a loud rumbling from above us. Storm vanished with a pleased smile on her face. I turned and looked at the eye. The eye looked at me. "I know what my wish will be."

"YES?"

I held tightly to the remains of the Robot. "I wish that when I am returned to the surface, none can follow or will follow my path to the center after me."

"I WAS WONDERING WHEN ONE WOULD WISH THAT. IT IS GRANTED, AND NOW, I HAVE MY ETERNAL PEACE. FARE THEE WELL, WIZARD."

The world blurred around me. Everything was being pulled up, down, left, right...Colors blurred until they were no longer seperate...

Finally, I was back on the surface, in front of the hole that was sitting in front of Chinaren Inc. A large rumbling came from the ground. A beam of pure white light came from the hole, and was shrinking steadily. The passageway was closing forevermore. I turned my back as a large booming noise came from behind me as the earth closed itself up. I lugged the Robot remains after me to my mansion. Mayhap I would turn up something there from the memory core.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The final end! The IFINATOR'S final peace! All the stories that were forgotten, all the characters of the stories, all is brought to a happy (Or in some cases, a gory) end! I have forewarned the mighty moderator of the forest as to the ending of this story, so beware! Get your comments in quickly!
Credit for the picture goes to http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/club/your_reports/newsid_3247000/3247210.stm
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

...No plans yet.
Lordy
Citizen

Topics: 0

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorrow never was thought of as an enterty of purest evil, justa dogsbody.
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats IM!

Cheers
The White Blacksmith
Elder

Topics: 15

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clapping Horay forIM!

Now, where was that hole. I'm sure it was around here somewhere. But where!?! Ah, here it is. now, if i just get a little closer I can... Arrggghhhh!!!!!
* A terrible splatting sound is heard.*

You got your wish. In a strange way though. Sad

Tea Cures All.

WHAT IS THE IFINATOR?
A gigantic floating eyeball.
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Some sort of weapon. (Please define)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
(My addition) A large supercomputer.
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4
Who Voted: Chinaren, LordoftheNight, tramp in a storm

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: