Search      Members      Groups      Profile      Favorites      RSS      Register      Log in
Charming in Life # 20-Deja Who?---Final Chapter!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

(currently a favorite of 0 users)
   Storygames Home -> Stasis Hall - Completed or archived Storygames -> The Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Smee
Revered IFian

Topics: 166

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter Kalanna Very Happy

He's going through a damn tough time, his world turned upside down. Everything he's ignored or hoped would go away so far has failed.

Also, Cyre is the closest thing to someone he can trust right now.

Conclusion - he's going to spill all he knows.

Happy Writing Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Topics: 41

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i think he should at least try and talk

A Fronte Praecipitium a Tergo Lupi
Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Topics: 340

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have sworn I replied to this yesterday.

Anyway, I f5 Lordy.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Topics: 173

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Chapter Seven: Speak, Boy, Speak! Reply with quote

You all gave Charming a surprising bout of willpower. I'm sure he'll thank you...someday.
---------------

Chapter Seven: Speak, Boy, Speak!

Charming tried to speak once and failed so he did something he normally never did, put forth the effort and tried again. It finally took him using a mental crowbar to pry open his stubborn lips but he managed to speak. "Uh Cyre and...uh...Cyre's father." Both the angels broke off their murmered coverstation and looked at him.

They stared at each other for several minutes. "Is he always this slow Cyre or did something happen to him when he died?"

"No dad nothing happened to him...other than him getting a severe dose of reality. I think it fried what little brain he had left." Michael glared at his pert daughter.

"Don't speak ill of the dead Cyre."

"Why not? It's all the fun I get out of life. You try stay cooped up in that tomb of a mansion with only dead people, weaponry, and a deck of cards for company and see what little habits you pick up?" For a moment Michael looked like he might bring his mighty sword back into play...then he gustily sighed and let the matter drop.

"Um, excuse me. Prince on the floor trying to impart vital information here!" Cyre held up a hand.

"I don't need to know about hair care products Charming. I have some more important problems on my hands." Suddenly Charming sprang off the floor, he did keep himself in shape after all. He hadn't gotten this body completely by plastic surgery after all. He grabbed Cyre by the front of the robe and shook her.

"Listen to me for once! Somebody is after you..." He didn't get any farther. The next thing he knew he was flying...until he hit tile. Cyre was rolling up her sleeves and gripping her scyth tightly.

"Don't look dad. This is gonna get ugly." Charming cringed in his corner of the room.

"Wait! When I passed out I heard a voice. It was talking about you...I think...saying something like soon it'd have you." Cyre was still advancing but, mercifully, Michael interposed himself between her and the prince.

"What did this voice sound like Charming?" Charming scratched his head trying to remember.

"Kinda like a woman but more like a snake. It was like it was taking everything she had to say those words, long breathy pauses and all that. Then, when it stopped speaking, it was like it was all draining out of my head and I had the weird feeling I wasn't supposed to talk about what I heard."

Michael's eyes narrowed. "Cyre will you do your impression of your Mother for Charming? This sounds like something she'd do." Cyre nodded then took a deep breath.

"Diiid...iiit...sound...liiike...thiiis?" Charming nodded.

"Yeah but it was long o's not i's." Michael nodded and Cyre suddenly looked grimer than Charming had ever seen her.

"Father I..."

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking it's time for you to go confront your Mother. But what of your charge and his act of vengance? You promised to help him."

"Yeah but I promise to kill Mother years ago...I think that's what lawyers call 'precidence' dad." She made little quote marks with her fingers when she said the word. Michael straightened a little bit and snapped his wings with irritation. Cyre raised an eyebrow.

"Take care of the human first...then I don't care what you do. I'll turn a blind eye to your methods once and just this once." A grim smile lit Cyre's perfect features. In that instant Charming saw the reason for Michael's tight hold on his daughter...Cyre was either close to falling or on her way down...one misstep and she'd end up in Satan's army.

With a blur of motion Cyre changed back into the sleazy hot chick attire she'd been wearing when her father popped into the room. "Come on Charming. We're going to pay your brother a visit."

"Valient? What's he got to do with this?"

"Why he's the one who arranged for your death...upped you for the honor you might say." Charming's eyes blazed. He was gonna kill the little bastard. It didn't even bother him when Cyre did the 'world melty thingy'. He was going to have revenge.

From the corner Michael sighed as he lifted Bubba off the floor, or maybe it was groaned. "Things arn't going to end well." He looked upward in a silent plea but all he got was the answering machine.
------------

In far off Opullia a rather happy-go-lucky young man was wandering through the halls of the royal summer villa. He whistled cheerily, making up the tune as he went. Then he started singing...like a kindergardner might. "Charming's dead so I'll be king, then I'll be able to do anything. I'm so rich I'm gold plated, and Charming was so overrated!"

Cyre winced and Charming shook his head. "All those singing lessons and he couldn't carry a tune if it had handles." Cyre had to agree for once as the pair of them spied on Charmings younger brother Valient. "And I'd have stepped down if he'd only asked but nooo. He had to go all 16th century on me."

Cyre cracked her knuckles and pulled out one of her guns. "Want to finish it here and now?" Charming looked at the gun and reached out for it. Cyre pulled it back out of reach. "Oh no. Not for you little boy. The kick alone will blow you halfway to hell and I'm not going after you. I do draw the line at some point it's one of my dad's rules."

Charming felt cheated. Here he was with his murdering brother in plain sight and Cyre was going to have all the fun. "Can't I just maime him or something and call it good?" They both winced as Valient walked head first into a wall and bounced off giggling. Charming narrowed his eyes. "Ya know, he never used to be this stupid...infact people thought he was smarter than me."

"He's been dealing with my mom. Her servents have a tendancey to make people feel all powerful...at the expence of their souls and minds. They slowly loose IQ points every time they deal with her...and they never notice they're missing until it's too late. Then it seems they were only smart in their dreams." Charming looked at her.

"I've been meaning to ask who is your mother." Cyre opened her mouth to speak when Valient suddenly giggled and called out to empty air.

"Oh purdy lady! They's here purdy lady! Valient's gots 'um for ya!" A dark shadow seemed to engulf them and Cyre went into full attack mode.

"Oh shit." She muttered.

"What the hell?"

"Exactly." The voice was the rasping of death itself and Charming whirled around to find the Grim Reaper standing only a few feet away. A host of zombies, ghouls, and other unsavories stretched down the halls in all directions and the smell of sulfur and something that could only be burning wigs hung heavy in the air.

Grim bowed to Cyre. "Cyre, your mother requests your presence at once in her private chambers."

"Tell the hag I'm busy. Try sometime after Armaggedon." She carefully aimed one gun at Grim's grinning skull and he shifted nervously. This blostered Charmings confidence in Cyre's grip on the situation.

"Yeah! Go to hell skullface!" The darkness began swirling and Cyre smacked him hard on the head.

"What and excellent idea Charming thank you for giving it to us. You've served your part well." At that point Grim reached out and fried Valient who'd been drooling at the end of the hall. "And I think that fulfills the conditions on your Act of Vengence. Ta."

"No Cyre." Charming reached out a translucent hand toward the shining silver figure in the center of the dark malestrom. She only gazed reproachfully at him as they were pulled in opposite directions. Charming's vision swam and everything spun for a moment.

When his head cleared he was standing back in front of Morri's desk in Afterlife. Charming was desperate for help so he trusted the little man who seemed so sinester in a normal sort of way. "Morri! Do you know where they've taken Cyre!"

Morri blinked and quietly got out his book and flipped through it casually. "She's been taken to her mother in hell."

"Hell! Just who is her mother that she'd be in Hell?"

"Why Lilleth the Mother of all Mosters of course. The Archdemoness of Hell. Satan's right hand lady. First wife of Adam and one time beau of Michael the Archangel. I think that covers all her titles. Don't let you mouth hang open like that young man...it's bad manners."

Charming couldn't help the fact his chin had hit the floor. Cyre's mom was a demon? A powerful demon at that. "How'd they get her to go."

"Well isn't that obvious? You sent her. I believe you said go to hell correct?"

"Well...yes but to Grim not to Cyre."

"With all that evil energy in that area it didn't discriminate. It took everyone, except you because your Act was fulfilled and that sent on your way to heaven via my desk."

"Isn't there anything I can do?"

"Are you asking for an opinion, options, or advice."

"Options."

Morri tapped his red pencil against his lips. "Well you could continue on to heaven and inform them...but they probably couldn't get involved, there's rules about that stuff you know. You could just forget the whole thing and let Cyre fend for herself. She's good at that you know. Or..." His voice dropped to a consipiritorial whisper. "Or you could raise and army here in Afterlife and go after her. Most of the entities here are spoiling for a good fight."

Charming didn't know what to do. "What would you do?"

"Can't tell you...the choice is yours after all. The question is what are you going to do?" Charming didn't know but the best option seemed to be...

"Music makes you braver."
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh nice!

Fight! Fightfightfight!! Very Happy
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did ask who her mother was...

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe. Yes, I was thinking that... Very Happy
Shady Stoat
Elder

Topics: 76

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great storyline. I see you used Prince Valiant as well. He's popping up in a lot of storygames at the moment Wink

Yeah, I'm with Chimpy on this one. Let's assemble an army of kickass underworlders to go rescue Cyre. Of course, it'll probably all go horribly wrong, but that's good too Very Happy
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you know part of why she is the way she is...

P.S. There are more hot chicks in Lunatic Snow...if that's all you're interested in *sniff*

Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great chapter - the dead shit has really hit the underworld fan. Shocked

I'm with everyone else - get the army raised and go to the rescue.

Keep it coming. Smile
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bother? it's not as if she's interested in him

oh wait - he's a goody good isn't he - full of misplaced valour and all that rot

very well - raise an army

and btw Lilith's affair with Michael - was that before or after Caine?

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way before Lordy...it was before Adam even...

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought so - just checking

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you veto the poll on this one Shady?

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vetoed Smile
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll is up. vote now!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget her - it's not as if he'd get anything out of helping her

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Chapter Eight: An Army of...Two? Reply with quote

Okay it was a tied vote so I had to cast the tie breaker...and it was in favor of raising an army to go save her...
-----------------------

Chapter Eight: An Army of...Two?

Striking a dramatic pose Charming declared in a loud and ringing voice, "Morri I'm going to save Cyre!" He turned and faced the empty nothingness behind him. "Who's with me!" Silence. Not even the little chirping cricket noise that you hear in movies came out of the whiteness.

"Exscuse me Prince Charming but if I may suggest. The entities in the Afterlife are a busy crew so might I examine their scheduals and simply summon those who are free?" Charming was flushing so badly his face hurt and he refused to show that to Morri, sneaky basterd was plotting something he was sure of it.

"Um, yeah, I mean yes Morri, that would be fine."

"Done then, just let me see who..." He flipped rapidly through the book. "Oh dear only one entity is free to help you at the moment...but the others have a few gifts for you." Charming loved the word 'gift' he whirled around with his hands held out.

"Oh yeah gimme the presents!" Morri looked faintly disgusted but handed them over.

"These are Time Bombs courtesy of Father Time. You simply throw one and duck while time freezes still in the area of effect. Their quite potent so you might want to get out of the way." Morri handed Charming a belt that had several camofulage alarm clocks on it. Charming snapped it on while he wrinkled his lip in distaste. It was so tacky.

But the next gift was even worse. "The Fates each sent you something. First is a skein from Clotho, second is a ruler from Lachesis, and last is a pair of golden scissors from Atropos." Morri handed Charming a ball of silken string, a small glass ruler, and a pair of golden safty scissors. "Tie one end of the thread of Fate to the gates of Hell. The ruler will tell you how close you are to Cyre and then, once you find her, how far you are from the exit. Don't worry only those scissors Atropos sent you can cut the thread."

"Okay is that all I'm kinda in a rush." Morri simply held up his hand.

"No the Fairy Godmother's sent you this." Morri held out a bag of pixy dust. "All you need to do is think of something and thow a pinch of powder. It'll do that to your foe." Charming tied the poweder onto his waist. "And Santa sent you this." Morri extened a small sack which Charming quickly dumped everything into, surprisingly the sack got no bigger or heavier. "And this last gift is from the easter bunny."

Morri then held out to him the most hedious fashion accessory ever created by the mind of a warped toymaker from Uzbeckistan. "It's an Easter Bonnet."

"No way, not even in Hell, am I going to wear a bonnet."

"Not bonnet. B.O.N.N.E.T. Bio-Organic, Neural, Networking, Enemy, Tracker. This baby can tell you if Satan himself is trying to sneak up behind you, tell you how to get by him in three easy lessons, and do your taxes all at the same time. It also has a built in Easy Bake Oven for all those little snacking emergencies." Before Charming could protest Morri tied it on firmly.

He was about to say things couldn't get any worse when Morri said, "There's only one finale gift. He snapped his fingers and suddenly Charming was wrapped in tinfoil covered asbestos from B.O.N.N.E.T to boots. "The various other entities in Afterlife send you this flame retardant garmet...very useful in Hell."

"Can you just get on with giving me my companion? I'd like to get to Hell sometime before it freezes over." As Morri turned back to his little black book Charming tried to shake off this nagging feeling he was missing something...then he realized what it was. "Pink!"

"Excuse me?"

"Pink, Cupid didn't send anything."

"That's because I'm coming with you." Charming turned around and shuddered in horror. Cupid was wearing a pink velvet track suit with bright red stripes down the sides. His bow was a cute little golden piece of artwork that couldn't throw a spit wad ten inches and his arrows were about as sharp as a circle. Charming slapped himself in the face.

"Why him?"

"He was the only one free."

Cupid clapped Charming on the back. "Come on Charm. Haven't you ever heard the old adage that love conqures hate."

"For safety's sake you better hope so. Let's get this over with Morri. I can already hear the laughter echoing."

"Oh, one last thing. Cyre forgot this at home. You might want to bring it to her." Morri tossed him a small silver charm braclet that he quietly tucked into the sack. Then,before you could say ha, Charming found himself standing infront of a pair of massive black gates carved all over with obsenites. He swollowed his fear, and his pride, before tying the thread to one of the massive polls.

"This is the biggest mistake of my life." Cupid laughed at him. "What's so funny."

"You don't even have a life Charming...you're dead." Suddenly he became very serious. "Now enough talk. Let's go save my honey bunches!" With that he charged, bow drawn, into hell. A few moments later his quiver, bow, and the smoldering remains of his track suit were tossed back out.

Charming turned to run but before he could a long, slimy tenticle reached out from beyond the gates and wrapped around him. As he scrabbled to remaine outside Hell he managed to pick up Cupids bow and arrows. He strapped them on and then prayed to God that he remembered everything his archery instructer had ever said.

Then, with a sense of calm that sometimes happens when you're absolutly scared shitless, he turned and fired an arrow back at whatever had him by the waist. There was an anguished cry of pain an, just as he passed over into Hell, the B.O.N.N.E.T activated showing him the massive Cuthulu style demon lord that had been hiding behind the door.

The path behind him, clearly marked 'Dante's Inferno' burned neon and bright. Then, suddenly, off to his right, Charming heard a strange kind of choral snarling as though several dogs were growling in unison. Big dogs at that. With his bowls like water and his knees like jelly, Charming turned to face his right.

Six glowing pairs of eyes stared down upon him from a height of thirty feet. A small white line with a sign that said 'Do Not Cross' was only inches away. Suddenly a massive head moved into the light followed soon after by two more. The beast inched closer, jaws slavering massive buckets full of drool, and Charming finally realized what was standing only a few feet away.

Cerberus, guardian of the Gates of Hell, let loose a frenzied barking that would have chilled a demon's blood. Charming could see he was chained to something but many coils of loose chain were still piled around his feet. Just behind him, another passage marked 'To Lower Levels' was visible.

Now he had a choice. He could head for Dante's Inferno, why hadn't he read that book, or he could try to descend lower into hell. He had to make his decision fast or else...soon, somebody was going to respond to Cerberus and he wasn't ready to face demons on his own yet.

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo yeah! To Hell! (and back?)

Go to Mr. Dantes inferno. Just 'cos it sounds cool. Well, hot.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, go through the gates. Plus then I know what comes next...

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohboy! Him and Cupid, to save Cyre? She's going to end up rescuing them! Shocked

Throw a time bomb and get past the pooch to the lower levels. Dante's Inferno is too obvious, it's bound to be trouble Smile
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid is no longer with us...mourn him if you must...

Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to tie the thread. Could he start down one passage and measure it then go back an try the other. Then go down whichever one brings him closer to his target?
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very entertaining chapter Kalanna - love the B.O.N.N.E.T Laughing

I'm thinking he needs to continue down. There are many levels of Hell and it's unlikely she's being held in the high ones.

Keep it coming and ...

Happy Writing Smile
Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cupid is no longer with us

So love is dead? How sad. Still, we will always have money. Wink
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poll's up vote noW!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted for Inferno a la Dante - can you tell I don't speak foreign?

and voted

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Chapter Nine: Evil Doors! Reply with quote

It was tied between the club and the lower levels so I made and executive decision...No whineing
------------

Chapter Nine: Evil Doors!

He didn't think about what he was doing. If he thought about it he might just soil his drawers right there. Instead he grabbed on of Father Time's fugly camo alarm clocks and hurled it at the massive beast from Greek mythos. "Fetch boys!" Cerberus bounded off with a happy yelp and was caught mid-leap as the bomb went off.

Charming didn't even wait for the smoke to clear before charging across the suddenly clear landing to the passage. "Ha! That'll teach you to mess with me! I've got opposable thumbs stupid!" He wiggled his thumbs at Cerberus and promptly screamed as he slipped on dog drool and went wizzing down the slick passage floor.

He landed in a heap on some shockingly ugly tile that looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in thousands of years. With a groan he shoved himself up and surveyed his ripped tinfoil armor, fat lot of good this was going to do him. Quietly he took out the bag of pixy dust. "If it works on them it'll work on me." Taking a pinch he sprinkled some on him, clearly invisioning some flame-retardent armor.

He got retarded armor. It stuck out at odd angles and clinked a bit. It was bright pink and covered in heart shaped desings for reasons unknown. Next to him pranced a white charger in full barding, also with the heart pattern, and a standard with a white heart lay across the saddle bow. "Damn you fairy god mothers! What do you think this is? A fairytale!"

Yet there was nothing he could do but put the dust back, mount the horse, and hope he could use the standard as a weapon. With a sigh he turned his mount to face down the long hallway. There was no going back now. He doubted there ever had been. Suddenly a chuckling noise was heard from somewhere behind him.

The B.O.N.N.E.T didn't register any enemies but then it hadn't alerted him to the Cuthulu demon lord in time either. "Hey hansome, remember me, Cupids bow? I think it's time for a talk." With shaking hands Charming brought the bow around to face him, looking in mild disgust upon the gaudy thing.

"What do you want, I'm a little busy at the moment. Quest to save Cyre and all..."

"Yeah, yeah. If you'll shut up so I can get a word in edgewise. Now then, my name is Psyche and if you want I can help you out down here. Just because Cupid is dead dosen't mean I become garage sale fodder buddy so don't try to treat me like it."

"You can help huh? Like how?" The bow quivered in his hand with surpressed rage, he could here it muttering something darkly in the language of weaponry.

"Well I did kill that demon back there for you, although I was a little confused at the time. That's why I'm asking you if you want my help now. As for what I can do well I'm the only magical weapon you've go...unless you want to use the pixy dust again." Charming shuddered.

"But I've got fate's scissors."

"Oh yeah, safety scissors. What are you going to do with them, beat a demon to death?" Charming flushed bright red. "Now me on the other hand...well I'm quite deadly down here. Unfortunately my former master was a complete moron...not like your much better."

"Fine I accept your help." The bow brightened.

"You don't want to hear the terms and conditions?"

"No, I just want to get on with it."

"Then kiss me and I'm yours." Charming felt a little silly kissing the bow but he gave it a chaste brush of his lips. "That the best you can do? I had expected greatness from 'Prince Charming' but nooo. Still it's better than nothing. What now?"

"How 'bout you stop talking and start looking dangerous." The bow quivered again and the next thing he knew he was holding a massive golden recurve bow that looked something like a heart when pulled back. Spines protruded like razors here and there. "So if I run out of ammo I can beat someone over the head with you."

"Try it and see how long it takes for me to rip your hands to shreds pretty boy." Charming decided on to anger Psyche anymore. He simply attached her to his saddle, within easy reach and began to ride down the hall. It didn't seem to end and he didn't seem to be getting anywhere. Infact all he saw were the same doors, in different positions, just swirling by on the wall.

A sign on the wall read Hell Level One: Hall of Evil Doors. Evil Doors? Was Satan slipping or just crazy. What could be evil about a door? Pulling out his ruler Charming looked to see how far he was from Cyre. It read Colder than a witchs boob in a brass bra. Great they were playing hot and cold.

"What am I going to do?"

"Try opening doors genious! Why do I always get stuck with the stupid ones. For once can't I get someone who's got all the physical qualifications and something more than dust between his ears."

"Hey! I resent that remark! What would you know, you're just a piece of curved metal and string." Psyche didn't respond and Charming realized he was going to have to try the doors, whether he wanted to or not.

He trotted his horse to the first door, a vile looking thing that seemed to be covered in frogskin. He opened it and nearly fell out of his saddle when a crazed mad man shoved an ugly, warty, diseased toad in his face. "Quick - lick the toad, before it's too late!" Charming slammed the door in disgust.

The next door seemed normal enough until he tried opening it. The next thing he knew they were all zooming through space. The moon shattered as they blew past it and suddenly they were dumped back out the door and into the hallway. "Well that wasn't it."

"You don't say." Charming rolled his eyes and tried another door. Beyond was a forest like any other...then suddenly ghostly self-weilding axes began to chop into time. Shades of the dead wandered amoung the trees, screeching out in pain and rage. Yet as the trees wailed all the banshee's could do was cry. Saddened by Satan's cruelty Charming shut that door too.

Another door proved to open into a storage room for strange magical creatures. Charming liked the looks of some of them, they were so cute and fuzzy, until they suddenly attacked. The bi-corn tried to dissect him, and the mermaid seemed to be half phiranna. With a snarl the jackalope lunged at his neck. He barely escaped with his life.

"Maybe I should use the ruler." He pulled it out again and aimed it at the last door. The heart of a glacier, but you're getting warmer With trepidation he reached for the door and charged through before he could reconsider his course of action. In the center of the room stood a knight in bloodstained armor. He rolliked in the sastisfaction imparted by the blood-curdling screams at the end of his sword.

As he impailed yet another person Charming's vision ran red. For the second time in his afterlife he drew Psyche, knocked an arrow, and fired. The knight gave one shrill scream and exploded, taking all light in the room with him. "Great genius, you blew a circut. Find the breaker box and flip the switch will ya."

Charming, however, had already reached into the sack for the bag of pixy dust. He sprinkled a pinch in the air, thinking let there be light, and hoping to feel a flashlight in his hand. Instead a small sun poofed out of nothingness. He surveyed the room and, as the sun rose only the sword remained. The knight was well and truely gone.

He trotted his horse to the other side of the room and noticed a single door that read Hell Level 2 but the rest was scratched out long ago... Charming knew he had to go that way but he couldn't help but wonder...what was in the second level of hell...?

Chinaren
Hallowed IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent stuff! I assume charming is now the new Cupid? Hehe.

Go down why not.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad he hasn't figured it out yet eh China...maybe he should have heard those terms and conditions.

Oh well, maybe he didn't miss anything too important...then again maybe he did...

Shady Stoat
Elder

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* Hell is definitely going up in my estimation. I like it Smile

And the only way is down - so let's go!
Smee
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very entertaining Very Happy (and random Wink )

As the stoaty said - the only way is down.

Keep it coming. Smile
Ingrothechundyer

Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ha very nice Smile

And I found Bob here too Wink

EDIT: And again I found Bob here.
LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found Bob twice now? I want to find Bob.

I want the 6th level, that's my favourite.

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Bob? I didn't remember adding any Bobs...

ethereal_fauna
Perpetually Distracted

Topics: 58

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob the Apedog...city mascot at large. Read about Bob here.
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polling Vote now!

LordoftheNight
Revered IFian

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going down to hit the ground...

voted, and winning

Blood Bowl
Scraping the Barrel
A Tale of Four Swords
Passion
Stubby

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! another good story caught up on.

I love the storyline in this one, although I can't help wondering if Cupid is really dead - after all, love conquers all, and even death cannot stop true love - only slow it down a little.

But you've got to do down, either way - you're on an express elevator to Hell! (OK, tooooo many movie quotes)

Last edited by Stubby on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Kalanna Rai
Assassin for Hire

Items
Legends
Fables
Strata-gems

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes death can stop true love...but you're making me get ahead of myself....

Oh and Stubby, life's too short, slow down when you die...

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Storygames Home -> The Archives All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: